Page 14 of 122 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192429343944 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

[quote=stalingrad
    have seen some bukit timah properties, with tiny pools and lousy gym. I wouldn't trade my d5 property for any of them. then, why would foreigners want to live there, unless their job is next door?[/quote]

bukit timah is famous for their gd schools la

to be frank, ur condo no amenities, no MRT...can hit close to 1kpsf HUAT liao oredi

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bukit timah is famous for their gd schools la

to be frank, ur condo no amenities, no MRT...can hit close to 1kpsf HUAT liao oredi
    My condo is close to nanhua primary. That is only amenity. haha. but we are not taking advantage of that. our kids go to international schools.

all the condos in our area are in the same boat, botannia, hundred trees, the infinti, carabelle. no mrt, no big shopping mall near by. but all have tons of expats. even the infiniti, the infamously noisy condo, is full of expats.

isn't that telling about how expats make decisions about where to rent and even buy?

even at 1,000psf, my condo is still considered undervalued. why, you would incredulously ask. very simple. rental is 3.2-3.5 per square foot. a 1,000 sqrt unit would fetch about 3,500 per month, or 42,000 per yeaqr. the unit would cost 1 million, thus yielding 4.2% per annum, much higher than condos in the "prime" area.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 13-06-10 at 17:09.

good to not know of duchess launch. 1800psf for VVIP preview is like 2.7m for smallest unit leh, how to stomach? later on then find out WCY and friends buy at 15xx to 17xxpsf just a few days back. would have become the greatest carrot head of all time as a VVIP at >1800psf. oops, i think that title goes to the lone buyer at 2300psf.

during tat period in feb-june, i rem i was busy attacking all the undervalued mass market resale

i dun even noe duchess exist...

tat period, some mass market condo prices nvr moved since 2003!!!

hmm...will projects like siglap V, FV,The Sound etc following the footsteps of Duchess

1bedder at The Sound cost 950k!
    the price is extremely GROSS...perhaps can only breakeven in next cycle

Is it really sound?

hmm...will projects like siglap V, FV,The Sound etc following the footsteps of Duchess

1bedder at The Sound cost 950k!
    the price is extremely GROSS...perhaps can only breakeven in next cycle

You guys are extremely productive! Within one weekend, there are literally more than 100 postings in the Minton thread alone, with topics ranging from Orchard/River Valley/Bt Timah properties to the real suburbs!

For one, I certainly don't mind D19 pricing going up to D9/10 pricing! But whether that can ever happen in my lifetime will be another question in itself.

Bargain Hunter: you looking to buy Duchess Residences? Get a landed around the area will have greater upside imho. Should be able to find something at about $3-4mil.

there is no denial that outlying areas are starting to shine, as the big boys are resting, the smaller one are out to play. Prime saw its peak in 2007, later followed by RCR then OCR between 2008 to present. but for OCR to rival in prices with CCR, it is preposterous unless the government starts releasing land in the OCR to developers at much higher prices than CCR. If an investor is given a choice to pay either 1500psf for a unit above Ion or Centris/The Vision/Botannia (or any condo in D5 for the matter), wouldnt the choice be obvious? To have the paradigm shift that some guys are suggesting here would require some drastic measures by the government to redefine the boundaries. Change is definitely taking place no doubt, but i believe that when prices of OCR stabilises soon, the CCR property prices will see new highs that we have yet to witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    You would be surprised u know. The rich and famous got some countryside hideaway one leh; some even got ranches with is their primary home.

Home, home on the ranch, where the deers and the antelopes play

Anyway, I respect your views of only investing in prime city areas or like somebody say "blue chip" companies but sometimes up and coming companies and areas do better than blue chip - it's like Baidu share price rises more than Citigroup (which was a blue chip). If you totally ignore new "growth areas" and "growth companies" in your portfolio, you may miss out on some good things in life. And the problem is SG is the luxury condos is highly dependent on foreigners demand which is transient demand that may disappear overnight. In fact, if not for govt regulation on landed properties which help prop up prime condo prices, I don't think the prime condos deserve those price tag. In short, if the landed property market is open up to foreigners, I can bet that the prime pigeon holes will start to correct - so the prices are somewhat artificially supported by landed property restrictions.

The other sad thing is unlike buying a Ferrari that gives you better horse power and driving experience, a lot of condos that sell on "location" alone don't even bother to provide proper landscape or facilities. At some point in time, people will start to feel cheated and shortchanged - so expensive but got lousy gym, small bathtub pool and no tennis court or gardens. And with MRT lines coming up everywhere and new downtown being created in Jurong and govt offices moving over, the landscape WILL change. Change is the only constant - you can choose to ignore but new areas will start to shine.

And ulu is the new cool Love to hang out at new ulu places with ample parking.

there are many kinds of expats, some doing better than others will buy or rent better locations. i sense ur excitement bout your new place but there are also plenty of expats renting and buying properties in east coast which is the other coastal part of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    My condo is close to nanhua primary. That is only amenity. haha. but we are not taking advantage of that. our kids go to international schools.

all the condos in our area are in the same boat, botannia, hundred trees, the infinti, carabelle. no mrt, no big shopping mall near by. but all have tons of expats. even the infiniti, the infamously noisy condo, is full of expats.

isn't that telling about how expats make decisions about where to rent and even buy?

even at 1,000psf, my condo is still considered undervalued. why, you would incredulously ask. very simple. rental is 3.2-3.5 per square foot. a 1,000 sqrt unit would fetch about 3,500 per month, or 42,000 per yeaqr. the unit would cost 1 million, thus yielding 4.2% per annum, much higher than condos in the "prime" area.

obviously i'm not! i just track it becoz i feel that duchess residences is where most buyers are underwater and unable to unstuck themselves becoz of the huge quantum.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    You guys are extremely productive! Within one weekend, there are literally more than 100 postings in the Minton thread alone, with topics ranging from Orchard/River Valley/Bt Timah properties to the real suburbs!

For one, I certainly don't mind D19 pricing going up to D9/10 pricing! But whether that can ever happen in my lifetime will be another question in itself.

Bargain Hunter: you looking to buy Duchess Residences? Get a landed around the area will have greater upside imho. Should be able to find something at about $3-4mil.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    obviously i'm not! i just track it becoz i feel that duchess residences is where most buyers are underwater and unable to unstuck themselves becoz of the huge quantum.
    There are other condos in the same situation. Park Natura and the peak@balmeg, for example. large and expensive, so no one is interested.

visited the showflat over the weekend, there were more agents than pple viewing the flat. Maybe that is why the discussion here has digressed.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    There are other condos in the same situation. Park Natura and the peak@balmeg, for example. large and expensive, so no one is interested.
    peak@balmeg not so bad for 1st owners..

horizon gona launch 1500psf+++ rite...

those who bot The Sound...can no longer sleep soundly

Althought it is greatly appreciated on each individual's view and opinions on CCR, RCR and OCR, but shouldn't all these discussion be in a "General Discussion on Condominiums"

What happened to our dear Minton discussions?
    Let stop invading on our dear Mintonites's thread.

Peace to all and enjoy the World Cup.

okies okies, let's get the thread back on track.

Anyone vested at Minton here? Let me list down...

1) new2mondrian
    2) Ultroman

Anyone else?

Should be not bad, esp since Nex Mall will be operational by end 2010 and Serangoon will be Circle Line/North-east Line interchange by the time Minton TOP.

1) new2mondrian
    2) Ultroman

Anyone else?

Should be not bad, esp since Nex Mall will be operational by end 2010 and Serangoon will be Circle Line/North-east Line interchange by the time Minton TOP.
    oh u bought minton ah? congrats
    wat stack and price??

1) new2mondrian
    2) Ultroman

Anyone else?

if minton is located much nearer to ser mrt...100% sold out oredi at this pricing...but hor...they will definitely price at 9xx to 1kpsf at least

so any latest figures? previous 2 weekends total sold 300 units right? how many this week?

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    visited the showflat over the weekend, there were more agents than pple viewing the flat. Maybe that is why the discussion here has digressed.

Serangoon Station already operational as interchange station for CCL & NEL.

1) new2mondrian
    2) Ultroman

Anyone else?

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

The pushy agent did not have the latest figures, althou he was quite keen to push to me some units that were returned. There was one DK on a hight floor.

Personally, i quite liked the 4 bedders, especially since the showflat had one and psf was also quite ok at high 700+ low 800+.

so any latest figures? previous 2 weekends total sold 300 units right? how many this week?

so fast returned units?!?!?!?!!?!?!

but u don't find the 3 other bedrooms too small? all only can put in single beds?

The pushy agent did not have the latest figures, althou he was quite keen to push to me some units that were returned. There was one DK on a hight floor.

Personally, i quite liked the 4 bedders, especially since the showflat had one and psf was also quite ok at high 700+ low 800+.

Yah according to agent cannot get loan.

for the 4 bedder, the junior suite can put a double bed but from the showflat there is not much space ard. Guess mass mkt condos all the other non master bedroom can only put in single bed, got to get use to this. Either that buy resale condo or stay in HDB.

so fast returned units?!?!?!?!!?!?!

but u don't find the 3 other bedrooms too small? all only can put in single beds?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    oh u bought minton ah? congrats
    wat stack and price??
    Mine is a studio... 700sqft for $590k. Not too cheap, but I think it is fair pricing given the quantum and the location. I will partition it up into a MBR (for my mom and dad) and a small study for my kid to do his homework during the daytime.

Sleek, you are absolutely right! NE/CCL interchange at Serangoon station is already operational. What I meant was that the full circle line will be operational by the time Minton is up. Which is good cos the Minton shuttle bus will take my folks to the Serangoon station, and they just have to hop onto the MRT to bring them to Dhoby Ghaut (NEL) or the Holland Village (CCL) to pop by my place. Very convenient. Easy for my maid to bring them lunch too.

so strange... ie the words, "cannot get loan............returned......."

Yah according to agent cannot get loan.

for the 4 bedder, the junior suite can put a double bed but from the showflat there is not much space ard. Guess mass mkt condos all the other non master bedroom can only put in single bed, got to get use to this. Either that buy resale condo or stay in HDB.

so strange... ie the words, "cannot get loan............returned......."
    aiyah, there are always such people who overextend themselves... maybe didn't even know of the 100k CPF minimum sum requirement (for 2nd property) before putting down the option monies lor. One of my friends actually did this and in the end found out that she doesn't have enough cash to finance the purchase.

if your friend advised by a banker, can sue the banker if he/she lost money...

aiyah, there are always such people who overextend themselves... maybe didn't even know of the 100k CPF minimum sum requirement (for 2nd property) before putting down the option monies lor. One of my friends actually did this and in the end found out that she doesn't have enough cash to finance the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if your friend advised by a banker, can sue the banker if he/she lost money...
    aiyoh no lah.... she was told by agent that she "won the ballot for her 3-bedder"... and she was so happy that she struck "lottery" for the first time in her life that she signed the option papers straight away with the 5% cheque. After 3 days of celebrating her buy, she realised that there is a CPF minimum sum rule for the 2nd property; and she couldn't sell her HDB cos she still hasn't fulfilled the 5 year occupation rule for couples who rec'd the concessionary loan. Faint...

Anyway, it was a stressful period of scrambling around for her. In the end she still forfeited part of the deposit.

Yup, once CCL is connected on the western loop will really make it super convenient.

Mine is a studio... 700sqft for $590k. Not too cheap, but I think it is fair pricing given the quantum and the location. I will partition it up into a MBR (for my mom and dad) and a small study for my kid to do his homework during the daytime.

Sleek, you are absolutely right! NE/CCL interchange at Serangoon station is already operational. What I meant was that the full circle line will be operational by the time Minton is up. Which is good cos the Minton shuttle bus will take my folks to the Serangoon station, and they just have to hop onto the MRT to bring them to Dhoby Ghaut (NEL) or the Holland Village (CCL) to pop by my place. Very convenient. Easy for my maid to bring them lunch too.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

i think the deposit can be used to buy a decent holiday in europe

aiyoh no lah.... she was told by agent that she "won the ballot for her 3-bedder"... and she was so happy that she struck "lottery" for the first time in her life that she signed the option papers straight away with the 5% cheque. After 3 days of celebrating her buy, she realised that there is a CPF minimum sum rule for the 2nd property; and she couldn't sell her HDB cos she still hasn't fulfilled the 5 year occupation rule for couples who rec'd the concessionary loan. Faint...

Anyway, it was a stressful period of scrambling around for her. In the end she still forfeited part of the deposit.

Can someone enlighten me? I thought the CPF minimum sum is $58,500 in Special+ordinary? Din the agent do any cross check with your friend before she sign the option? From what i know, if u buy direct from HDB or take any grant, you cannot buy any private property for 5 yrs. The agent should know and advise your friend accordingly.
    She may have a case to fight and developer might return her option money due to such misinformation by the agent.

I thought the crucial part is 5 year MOP? If your fren hasn't met that requirement, how to buy pte in the first place? Probably it wasn't about min sum rule bah ...