Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

this road name not nice, shld change to Lorong Ah Huat!

is like SUSUKI......

Choy !

http://www.mintoncondo.com/ found this with some floor plans, looks like the bay windows and planters are back.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    http://www.mintoncondo.com/ found this with some floor plans, looks like the bay windows and planters are back.
    planning approval b4 the new regulations kicks in

bay window is individual preference
    planter if at balcony is still ok

but planter outside bedroom window, where bedroom itself already hv bay window, is a problem e.g. iirc ascentia sky

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    It's totally good! below 1kpsf will be sold out!!!

chong ah, once boon lay sells 1k psf will set new benchmark, no more 1k psf condo in singapore

Default Lorong Ah Soo (Former Minton Rise)**Launching Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    chong ah, once boon lay sells 1k psf will set new benchmark, no more 1k psf condo in singapore

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

planning approval b4 the new regulations kicks in
    Eh thot the regulation already kicked in about a year ago?? So this project is a slow one .. or maybe the developer is slow

If this location also can sell slightly below $1K, then the rd name can change to 'huat' as suggested by someone

Default Lorong Ah Soo (Former Minton Rise)**Launching Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Eh thot the regulation already kicked in about a year ago?? So this project is a slow one .. or maybe the developer is slow

If this location also can sell slightly below $1K, then the rd name can change to 'huat' as suggested by someone

wow look at the landscape, it is so big walking one round the parameter is enough dont need to go gym and workout..

From my memory, I think the Ave 3 site was bid at $563psf base on total gfa.
    So the developer's breakeven should be about $900-$950psf. I do not think they will sell at $1000psf. Should be around $1100psf. Won't be surprise if they launch at $1200psf considering the current price of new launches.

Made me glad that i confirmed my Primo purchase in Mar which is below $1Kpsf and its Freehold and nearer to MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by aLEX Soh
    So the developer's breakeven should be about $900-$950psf. I do not think they will sell at $1000psf. Should be around $1100psf. Won't be surprise if they launch at $1200psf considering the current price of new launches.

Made me glad that i confirmed my Primo purchase in Mar which is below $1Kpsf and its Freehold and nearer to MRT.
    but Primo is boutique devt....

One of the touted selling point on this project is the "perceived" proximity to Serangoon MRT and the "happening" NEX which is opening this year and The Minton only TOPs in 2014?

With this thought, wouldn't it be better to go for projects like The Yardley or Sunglade with instant yield (not high though).

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by aLEX Soh

I think you may be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, The Springbloom, 8 October 2009 9.28 am

15 bids received for residential site at Serangoon Aveune 3
    Channel NewsAsia
    Wednesday, 7 October 2009, 1900 hrs

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) received 15 bids at the close of the tender for the residential site at Serangoon Avenue 3 on Wednesday.

The site, which was originally on the Reserve List of the Government Land Sales Programme, was launched for public tender on September 9. The 99-year leasehold site has an area of about 13,877 sqm and a maximum permissible GFA of 38,857 sqm.

Intrepid Investments submitted the highest bid of S$221.2 million, followed by Tuas Hi-Tech Park at S$195.9 million and Keppel Land at S$190 million. The lowest bid of S$120 million came from Lippo Estates.

Li Hiaw Ho, Executive Director, CBRE Research, said: "The popularity of the Serangoon Avenue 3 site is evidenced by the 15 bids that were submitted as well as their price quantum.

"Developers are very confident of this site because it is situated next to the Lorong Chuan MRT station and is close to the Australian International School. It is also close to amenities in Serangoon Gardens and the upcoming shopping mall, nex, at Serangoon Interchange station."

CBRE said the top bid of S$221.2 million works out to S$529 psf ppr and is 164% above the reserve price of S$83.7 million.

"This price will likely translate into a breakeven price of about S$900 psf to S$950 psf for the future condominium project to be built on this site. Based on this breakeven estimate, the possible selling price could range from S$1,000 psf to S$1,100 psf," said Li.

Recent caveats of nearby properties - The Chuan, a 999-year leasehold condo development, and the freehold Goldenhill Park - showed selling prices ranging from S$830 to S$1,000 psf, while those in the 99-year leasehold The Springbloom were selling at S$600 to S$700 psf.

URA said a decision on the award of the tender for the Serangoon Avenue 3 site will be made after the bids have been evaluated.

Any buying mood impact if the two famous budget hotels next door still serving hourly chicken essence?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    One of the touted selling point on this project is the "perceived" proximity to Serangoon MRT and the "happening" NEX which is opening this year and The Minton only TOPs in 2014?

With this thought, wouldn't it be better to go for projects like The Yardley or Sunglade with instant yield (not high though).
    if u think this way...therefore concludes tat new project will benefit older resale projects nearby. HUAT!

Imagine new project launch at 800psf...den yardley/sunglade goto drop price to 600psf?

With 1,150 units, I think it is too crowded. Can't imagine trying to use the facilities there. Also, there will be a jam every morning and evening when vehicles move in and out of the condo. The roads around it do not look like they can be widened much.

Former Minton Rise only had 342 apartments.

When i looked at the facilities, there is indeed quite a bit here. also remember reading that it is 7 football fields in space. Wonder how this stacks up in terms of land space and facility when compared to the interlace. (in terms of design, imho Interlace wins - no fight, in terms of price Minton is better)

The 1 bedroom stack 43 seems quite good, overlooking the lush forest broadwalk and pools.

I must say that the facilities are comprehensive. However, with 1000+ households, not sure how it will pan out when it is fully occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    With 1,150 units, I think it is too crowded. Can't imagine trying to use the facilities there. Also, there will be a jam every morning and evening when vehicles move in and out of the condo. The roads around it do not look like they can be widened much.

Former Minton Rise only had 342 apartments.

THIS COULD BE THE LAST PROJECT LAUNCH BELOW 1K PSF!

if u think this way...therefore concludes tat new project will benefit older resale projects nearby. HUAT!

Imagine new project launch at 800psf...den yardley/sunglade goto drop price to 600psf?
    Hi there. We buy on facts dont we?
    The new launch will be launched at 950 psf up given its high enbloc prices.
    In this case, why do one need to imagine 800psf ? also, the concept of instant yield as compared to 4 years waiting time is a power play here IMHO

Any idea what is the psf for 2br (936sqft)?

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    I must say that the facilities are comprehensive. However, with 1000+ households, not sure how it will pan out when it is fully occupied.
    I can think of Bayshore Park as an example of 1000+ household bu the two are worlds apart. This project is purely for upgraders in the neighbourhood.

any update on this project? isit launched oredi? nvr rec sms for this project...

I got a sms saying cheque collection starts tomorrow and price from 880psf.

I got a sms saying cheque collection starts tomorrow and price from 880psf.
    will this gimmick work?

prices from 880psf seems exp...so may hit 1.1kpsf for smallest units....i wud expect 750-1kpsf range.

The 880 psf gimmick is for the largest units with high quantum. I was enquiring on the studios and the rough guide is 1050 to 1150 psf. My eyes/ears nearly popped.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    on the studios and the rough guide is 1050 to 1150 psf. My eyes/ears nearly popped.
    why are you surprised ? this site is next to a MRT and a shopping mall, why can't it be priced 1150 ? Centro is 1200, waterbank also 1200.