Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    A present from "focus" for those who need the pricing.
    I try to compare this project with two other similar project (tree house and estuary) - since they are launched recently.

(Minton 1 bedder and 2 bedders)-Priced very similar or slightly higher than estuary. 3/4 bedder priced much higher than estuary.
    Definitely priced better than Tree House. (given its location)
    But 3/4 bedders priced quite expensive tho. Dual Key units are priced quite attractively.
    Attractive in terms of facilities but not sure what are the chances to book the dome badminton court when competing with over 1000 residence. (probably today book then next year can get?)
    Dun seems to be within comfortable walking distance to MRT. Views nothing to shout about, seeing the low rise building mainly. I'm not quite sure abt this, prob need to go down to see & cfm.

I guess this project will be a sell out, probably 4 bedder and 3 bedder last to move.

Just went to the showflat.

Very packed today...goto queue to enter the carpark. Showflat is very packed and very HOT...like no aircon!

furnishing very mass market...soso and nothing to shout about. seems lots of HDB upgradders.

most units will have some unblocked views over landed areas or facing own pool/landscaping. Nice basement carpark, got extra visitors lots, lots of facilities and even a childcare centre(very gd plus point for families)

not possible to walk to srgn MRT however they giving free shuttle service.

I was told 2% discount for first 150buyers...duno whether its a gimmick anot..

pricing 850psf on average....it seems acceptable now and nobody will dare to say it is ridiculous. I wud say the mass market pricing has gone up from 6xxpsf to currently 8xxpsf oredi.

Furnishings mass market is ok lah. After all, you have to buy your own furniture when you move in and u just get bare walls and some fixtures when TOP. I know of some recently-TOP projects, showflat look very nice but now TOP look like shit with popped and cracked tiles. Never ever buy a house based on the designer sofa or carpet....

But I don't like condos with >1000 units, just seem too crowded already - unless it has double the facilities of a 400+ units condo, e.g. 4-5 tennis courts instead of 2, 2 olympic sized pools - or else it will SURELY be crowded. The price is quite steep considering it's not near any MRT? But then, nowadays, it's hard to find condo launch at <900psf.

Looks like mass market is still HOT! Considering the mid-market has gone all ridiculous with $1500psf pricing - it is no wonder mass market is so popular because people no longer see value in paying $700psf more ($1500-$800) which mean $700k more for a 1000sqft unit at the city fringe which is only 2km away from "mass market" areas. The distinction between the "mass" market and "mid" market is becoming less important as people go for quality of life and try to reduce unnecessary debt burden of paying $700k more for essentially almost the same thing. $700k cash or debt burden can be saved for other things in life

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Just went to the showflat.

Very packed today...goto queue to enter the carpark. Showflat is very packed and very HOT...like no aircon!

furnishing very mass market...soso and nothing to shout about. seems lots of HDB upgradders.

most units will have some unblocked views over landed areas or facing own pool/landscaping. Nice basement carpark, got extra visitors lots, lots of facilities and even a childcare centre(very gd plus point for families)

not possible to walk to srgn MRT however they giving free shuttle service.

I was told 2% discount for first 150buyers...duno whether its a gimmick anot..

pricing 850psf on average....it seems acceptable now and nobody will dare to say it is ridiculous. I wud say the mass market pricing has gone up from 6xxpsf to currently 8xxpsf oredi.

Singaporean mostly go for affordability. In today's context when prices are sky high, you are right especially when mass market project (compared to mid range projects) starts with lower quantum and thus, more room in terms of profit margin. In bad times, this theory reversed.
    Even in crisis, mass market price would not plunge too drastically and relatively safe to buy for own stay or investment.

I predict Minton will stand a better chance to sell out completely within a short time frame. This project is definitely more worth buying than Tree House and the vision. (sorry I might offend someone but its just my personal opinion.) But then, the trade-off is, I'm not comfortable to compete with more than 1000 units for facilities. (This make the project too mass market)

Waterbank has nice location, but its a mid range project and priced quite high. Can't see much room for profit in future.

Anyway, anything can happen, just like world cup.

For 1 unit of mid-market condo launched at $1500psf, you can buy 2 units of mass market at $800psf (assuming a small second unit or resale second unit can be bought for $700psf). The second unit can be used to generate passive rental income. That is why mass is getting popular - people are no longer seeing value in paying so much more for essentially a condo just 2 km away - and worst still, the mid-market ones tend to have higher density, less landscape and poorer facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Singaporean mostly go for affordability. In today's context when prices are sky high, you are right especially when mass market project (compared to mid range projects) starts with lower quantum and thus, more room in terms of profit margin. In bad times, this theory reversed.
    Even in crisis, mass market price would not plunge too drastically and relatively safe to buy for own stay or investment.

I predict Minton will stand a better chance to sell out completely within a short time frame. This project is definitely more worth buying than Tree House and the vision. (sorry I might offend someone but its just my personal opinion.) But then, the trade-off is, I'm not comfortable to compete with more than 1000 units for facilities. (This make the project too mass market)

Waterbank has nice location, but its a mid range project and priced quite high. Can't see much room for profit in future.

Anyway, anything can happen, just like world cup.

Furnishing is disappointing. Maybe larger portion of the development & construction cost go to facilities and landscaping.
    Some stacks seem very close to the opposite block. Otherwise distance between blocks generally look ok though about 30m to less than 50m away. (using the lap pool as a guide)
    Location is not ideal. Need a car or use shuttle service.
    I suppose overall not so much of a investment potential (my take is price upside from launch price is very limited) but rather for own stay (doesn't matter if value drop).

deleted post

Agreed. Not much investment value but very suitable for own stay.
    Imagine a 3bedrm cost 1.1mil while a 4bedrm cost 1.4mil.. very affordable in today's context.

The landscape is massive! and facilities are damn good imho. and I think those high floor facing the landed will get a very beautiful cityview at night.

Maybe the hotness could be people looking at nearer city for own stay have given up and would rather save the $500-700k by being a little further away.. It makes more sense then.

Anyway.. not buying coz no investment value. I dunno who to rent to.

I think the main pool (about X 2 50m lap pool) & 50m lap pool are not enough for 1100 units. Minton (Kheng Leong)'s design, facilities and internal furnishing look very similar to DBR (by Kheng Leong + UOL)

They made mistakes:

1. Actual showflat too far from actual site which has a much better feel
    2. Aircon not working, showflat stuffy like sauna
    3. They never put the "sold out" stickers
    4. They put 2 single beds in the 2nd bedroom which shows how SMALL the room really is
    Last edited by jitkiat; 28-05-10 at 21:36.

1 bedder still available? Maybe tomorrow go kaypo a bit.

did i miss it? what is the name of the project?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    1 bedder still available? Maybe tomorrow go kaypo a bit.
    stack 43 will be nice if they release

there r 700sqft type 1bedder which cost ~600-650k...rental yield no gd...shd only expect ~1.8k/mth rite

stack 43 will be nice if they release

there r 700sqft type 1bedder which cost ~600-650k...rental yield no gd...shd only expect ~1.8k/mth rite
    700sqft ones not those with PES?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    700sqft ones not those with PES?
    apparently..no

Since I have been staring at Minton's studios all day, here's my inputs:

1) Stack 44 (624sqft) and Stack 45 (550sqft) released ytd were fully sold by last night, except for 12-44 ($569k). But anyway, heard that unit was gone before they even open for business today. And strangely enough, the Levels 3-5 for Stack 61 to 67 (both 710sqft) were also released last night.

2) Stack 48 (700sqft), 51 (700stft) and 52 (700sqft) were released this morning.

From the floor plan, there are slight differences.

(A) No internal chute (common chute) and no household shelter (common staircase is the HS) for stack 44 and 45. Can be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Stack 44 has a study (which potentially can be partitioned to become 1bedder+study). Stack 45 is a pure studio (without study). The cheapest unit at Stack 45 is #03-45, costing $464,520.

Stack 44 and 45 overlooks the garden and cascading waterfalls. East facing. Unblocked.

(B) Internal chute and household shelter for stack 48,51 and 52.

Actually the floor plans for these 3 stacks are roughly the same. Stack 52 has a smaller balcony/planter but comes with bay window in the MBR. PSF is also roughly the same. Approx $600-620k for a lower floor unit.

The PES units can go up to 797sqft. Not small for studios. The only good thing is that most studios with PES are on Level 2 (not 1). At least there's some privacy.

Acually people buying into the Minton should be looking from a self stay perspective and not an investment perspective. There is limited upside; but for self-stay, it is really quite comfortable. I never believed in studios that are 300-400sqft in size. There must be a minimum space for an individual to live comfortably. And for studio living, the devt should have sufficient common spaces/facilities and landscaping. Otherwise can get really claustrophobic.

There is a Minton Shuttle Bus to Serangoon MRT station (interchange station for Circle Line and NE Line) and Nex Mall. Hopefully that should make living there a little more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Since I have been staring at Minton's studios all day, here's my inputs:

1) Stack 44 (624sqft) and Stack 45 (550sqft) released ytd were fully sold by last night, except for 12-44 ($569k). But anyway, heard that unit was gone before they even open for business today. And strangely enough, the Levels 3-5 for Stack 61 to 67 (both 710sqft) were also released last night.

2) Stack 48 (700sqft), 51 (700stft) and 52 (700sqft) were released this morning.
    stack 44 and 43 mirror image....they have the best layout and best unblock view of own landscaping, can partition up the master bedrm to become a proper 1bedder. i only keen in stack 43..but not release...high chance they will up the price later...so stack 44 buyers shd be happy now..haha

it seems ppl here r mostly gunning at 1bedder for investment...if wana invest in Minton, shd go for 2bedder...easier to sell to genuine home buyers later on

by the way, any sales update as of today?

stack 44 and 43 mirror image....they have the best layout and best unblock view of own landscaping, can partition up the master bedrm to become a proper 1bedder. i only keen in stack 43..but not release...high chance they will up the price later...so stack 44 buyers shd be happy now..haha

it seems ppl here r mostly gunning at 1bedder for investment...if wana invest in Minton, shd go for 2bedder...easier to sell to genuine home buyers later on

by the way, any sales update as of today?
    Agree. Too bad missed the stack 44 launch ytd. Common sentiment at the showflat is that the developer is trying to move the larger studios first, the smaller ones will only be launched later with price increase. But sales talk is sales talk. Can never be trusted.

Personally I prefer the studio unit not to have an internal chute and HS. Takes up precious space in a small unit. Well. =p

Sales look good. Tonnes of HDB upgraders. But the strategy was bad. Very disorganised and agents seem quite confused. And the floorplans went out of stock after 2pm. With so many different layouts, even the agents were confused as to how the layout for each stack is like, not to say whether it comes with HS/internal chute as well. And there are no "SOLD" stickers. No one is even sure whether a unit is still available or not. Not to mention that there are 3 groups of hungry agents from ERA/CBRE/KF going after the same pie.

The cheapest 2-bedders launched are at Stack 46. $746k for a 3rd floor unit. Agree also that 2 bedders are better invt than 1 bedders, for those buying for investment and not for self consumption. But stack 46 looks right into the retail shops (one of which is a childcare) for all rooms in the unit. Hence it is priced this way for a reason as well.

so what is the name of this project???

I remember when Estuary was launched at $8xx psf for 1 bedder/2bedders, many people are cynical abt the price. Now the reverse is seen and people began to accept Minton's launch at $8xx psf is reasonable and cheap. Such an interesting difference in opinion when it just occur 3mths ago.

I was puzzled why the ceiling height not "even". eg. the kitchen is only 2.4m. I don't see this in other development. It's already quite cramp and worse with a lower height.

I remember when Estuary was launched at $8xx psf for 1 bedder/2bedders, many people are cynical abt the price. Now the reverse is seen and people began to accept Minton's launch at $8xx psf is reasonable and cheap. Such an interesting difference in opinion when it just occur 3mths ago.
    Minton's 1/2 bedder is too expensive. Any rental yeild (if there is anyone still interested in leasing) will be very lower. Investment potential not there.
    I believe the target group is mainly retiress and families who want to stay close with their parents. I heard that 1/2 bedders are mainly taken up by the previous Minton owners (heard they had 2-3% discount).
    Estuary will likely attract good rental yield from good demand.
    I can't see how Minton can be comparable at all to Estuary.

Was there this morning, not much people. But most of those released were sold. 1 bedder left those big big ones. 2 bedders the cheapest was 03-46 936sqft $762k, 04-46 768k facing the walls of the shops. 03-08 980sqft facing main road is $803k.

The cheapest psf is the 2 bedder PES 01-08, 01-23 $876k 594psf.

I don't really like the dark flooring they provide.

So far 150 + units sold according to agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Minton's 1/2 bedder is too expensive. Any rental yeild (if there is anyone still interested in leasing) will be very lower. Investment potential not there.
    I believe the target group is mainly retiress and families who want to stay close with their parents. I heard that 1/2 bedders are mainly taken up by the previous Minton owners (heard they had 2-3% discount).
    Estuary will likely attract good rental yield from good demand.
    I can't see how Minton can be comparable at all to Estuary.
    My sentiment shares. Even in terms of views outside, Estuary overlooks the reservior and much nearer to mrt. But i must say Minton's facility is quite attractive.
    So far any more 1/2 bedder @ Minton? But then, I feel that the price is still quite reasonable lah compared to Tree house and Vision.
    Was surprised the crowd today was not so pack as compared to previous days. Is it because all smaller units have been taken up which expains y lesser crowd?

Not fantastic performance compared to Treehouse or Vision. But I think the close to 1200 units is quite a turn off for some - cannot imagine how crowded the pool will be. And somehow I suspect many believe the "wild wild west" has greater potential in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    So far 150 + units sold according to agent.

My sentiment shares. Even in terms of views outside, Estuary overlooks the reservior and much nearer to mrt. But i must say Minton's facility is quite attractive.
    So far any more 1/2 bedder @ Minton? But then, I feel that the price is still quite reasonable lah compared to Tree house and Vision.
    Was surprised the crowd today was not so pack as compared to previous days. Is it because all smaller units have been taken up which expains y lesser crowd?
    Just went today. Din know its by appointment only :-P Anyway, an agent set up an instant "appointment" for me at the entrance.

Was looking at 2 bedders. Some comments;

1. 2nd room cannot put queen bed (In fact in the floor plans, all the non master bedrooms of all types of units can only put in single bed, which is puzzling)

2. Master rm toilet no bathtub

3. Balcony easily took up about 120sqft of space

4. 2+ study's "study" looks pathetic, only a strip of space, cannot even put sofa bed.

Price for a 2BR 980 sqft 12th flr unit is about 900psf or about $880k, which is rather steep. Begs the question whether one shd go for Kovan Residences, whose 890sqft 2 bedders would probably cost abt $850k on the secondary mkt now.

Wildcard is the facilities, which are very impressive. Having a spa, heated pool and jogging track is quite appealing. But other drawbacks include a high level of road traffic in the paya lebar, hougang ave 3 area. Also having 1000 sets of neighbours may be a little too cosy :-P

can't believe it they only provide ceramic tiles for 2bedders, like that no difference from a hdb. Must say it's good for upgraders around that area. Basement carpark got those green/red light indicators . Is this Sg 1st for residential?

when TOP, the spa likely to have long queue.

Anyone thinks that The Minton is bad? Well, the developer does. That's why they have a 'Bad' Minton court.

Sorry for the lame joke. Just thought of brightening up whats left of the long weekend.

You thought of this "cold" joke yourself? How creative.

BAD Minton Court

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Anyone thinks that The Minton is bad? Well, the developer does. That's why they have a 'Bad' Minton court.

Sorry for the lame joke. Just thought of brightening up whats left of the long weekend.

hahaha...i find that really funny even though it is lame...

Quote Originally Posted by acewee