Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9297102107112117118119120121122
Results 3,631 to 3,638 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Know of quite a number of people who switched to buy commercial and industrial properties after government implemented property cooling measures for residential properties, now many under-water and/or stuck, no genuine buyer and for the very few buyers around they are only willing to offer "chop-head" price........

Also have friends who bought/owned landed properties and wanting to sell recently after price start to fall, again no genuine buyer and for the very few buyers around they are only willing to offer "chop-head" price........
    Visited one dusun at Balestier after having Bak Chor Mee for lunch few days ago. The commercial units are almost 99% vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrop View Post
    Visited one dusun at Balestier after having Bak Chor Mee for lunch few days ago. The commercial units are almost 99% vacant.
    Why is it so difficult for the people to rent to start a business?

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    All about risk management.

So many challenges to run a traditional business with shop frontal and succeed.

So many ways for businesses to be bypassed with competitive platforms.

Need to work extra hard also..,
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ai yoh, say until so long why don't dare to say it is because shop space RENTAL is too HIGH?!

See, there is residential property cooling measures, hence example OCR private apartment rental only like $2.50 psf.

But there is no commercial property cooling measures, hence example OCR mall shops rental can be more than $30.00 psf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is shop space rental can be 12 times that of residential property rental!
    No wonder average small businesses cannot survived!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    All about risk management.

So many challenges to run a traditional business with shop frontal and succeed.

So many ways for businesses to be bypassed with competitive platforms.

Need to work extra hard also..,
    Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post

Lightbulb Minton Wall Crack

Quote Originally Posted by wangwe View Post
    Most have to do with poor workmanship, for e.g., the floor laminates are soaked with water, cracks on wall, etc. But I must qualify that I only heard about it for some attacks: others were ok.
    I am currently hunting for a resale condo and found The Minton project quite ideal in terms of the layout and affordability. However, during my viewing, i noticed the exterior wall of the concrete blocks, most of them if not all, appeared massive cracks. And this observation extends to the balconies of all the units i have visited. The agent told me the wall crack is very normal in SG due to the weather, nevertheless, it reflects a big red flag of quality defects in my head. Could anyone here share any thoughts on this? Are the cracks merely minor defects caused by painting or more concerns should be raised on major construction quality? thank you very much in advance.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Massive cracks over large areas are not common lah! (at least that is not my experience with CCR condos, not even those that is >15 years old).

Quote Originally Posted by dandansnu View Post
    I am currently hunting for a resale condo and found The Minton project quite ideal in terms of the layout and affordability. However, during my viewing, i noticed the exterior wall of the concrete blocks, most of them if not all, appeared massive cracks. And this observation extends to the balconies of all the units i have visited. The agent told me the wall crack is very normal in SG due to the weather, nevertheless, it reflects a big red flag of quality defects in my head. Could anyone here share any thoughts on this? Are the cracks merely minor defects caused by painting or more concerns should be raised on major construction quality? thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by teddybear; 31-01-17 at 22:47.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Massive cracks over large areas are not common lah! (at least that is not my experience with CCR condos, not even those that is >15 years old).
    Yeh, that bothers me a bit, it only TOP 3 years but the project maintenance looks pretty bad