Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 222732374247484950515253545556576267727782 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisop
    According to the URA site, 809 units have been sold as of Nov 2011.
    If reports are true, no more 4 bedders, penthouses and studios, then there are 300+ units of 2, 3, 3+1 left? Think they should build more 4 bedders and studios as demand is high?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    If reports are true, no more 4 bedders, penthouses and studios, then there are 300+ units of 2, 3, 3+1 left? Think they should build more 4 bedders and studios as demand is high?
    Think the reports should be true. Last Sunday, I went to the Minton showflat and overheard an agent telling a potential customer (who was looking for a 4-bedder) that all the 4-bedders, penthouses and units with PES are sold out. Not sure was the agent referring to the 4-bedroom penthouses or all 24 penthouses. From the URA site, all 4-bedroom penthouses are all sold out. There are still about 1 hundred plus caveats which have not been lodged or updated in the URA site, so quite possible that all penthouses are also sold out.

i remember someone posted a drawing to illustrate how the 3+S, can be a 3+S+S. lol.

the 4 bedder size is quite uncommon by today's standard, probably that's the reason it was all bought up. nowadays, 4 bedder no bigger than 1400sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i remember someone posted a drawing to illustrate how the 3+S, can be a 3+S+S. lol.

the 4 bedder size is quite uncommon by today's standard, probably that's the reason it was all bought up. nowadays, 4 bedder no bigger than 1400sqft.
    Not surprising. All the 4 bedders have either pool or pond facing. No afternoon sun too. They cost about $1.5M for high floor ones. Similar sized 4 bedders at Kovan Residences transacting at $2M. Clover also about same price as KR. That's before ABSD lah.

Not worth paying $500k more to be next to MRT. Might as well splurge on a new comfortable Merc or Beemer than to squeeze in MRT which is also breaking down more often nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Not surprising. All the 4 bedders have either pool or pond facing. No afternoon sun too. They cost about $1.5M for high floor ones. Similar sized 4 bedders at Kovan Residences transacting at $2M. Clover also about same price as KR. That's before ABSD lah.

Not worth paying $500k more to be next to MRT. Might as well splurge on a new comfortable Merc or Beemer than to squeeze in MRT which is also breaking down more often nowadays...
    $500k can easily buy a S300 or 7 series with spare change.

$500k can easily buy a S300 or 7 series with spare change.
    S350 also can.... Try S500...

Yes yes.. i mentioned that the 4 bedder can become 4+S, just like the 4 bedder at Kovan Residences that can became a 5 bedder... Very attractive to big families....

Kheng Leong better sell fast fast remaining units b4 the result for Kovan/Simon Road & Mount Vernon tender is known in January, if below 400psf is a big threat to Minton as both plots are near MRT

If I am Mr Wee, I will slash price by 5-10% to clear stocks immediately
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Kheng Leong better sell fast fast remaining units b4 the result for Kovan/Simon Road & Mount Vernon tender is known in January, if below 400psf is a big threat to Minton as both plots are near MRT

No need for such drastic knee jerk reaction lah... Kheng Leong already break even cost... just take next 2 years to TOP to slowly sell remaining 300+ units at premium prices lor... Unless they need cash for other projects lah...

No need for such drastic knee jerk reaction lah... Kheng Leong already break even cost... just take next 2 years to TOP to slowly sell remaining 300+ units at premium prices lor... Unless they need cash for other projects lah...
    2012 risk very high, does not make sense to hold IMO, just raise cash to bid for next cheap cheap 300psf land near MRT ... again they will definitely watch the next 2 land bids closely

2012 risk very high, does not make sense to hold IMO, just raise cash to bid for next cheap cheap 300psf land near MRT ... again they will definitely watch the next 2 land bids closely
    Whatever it is, I guess buyers are the greatest beneficiaries...

Stay in minton drive a s500, a bit too ostentatious lah. Ha.

By the way, how close are those 2 plots to mrt? I don't recall seeing big open land near Kovan...

By the way, how close are those 2 plots to mrt? I don't recall seeing big open land near Kovan...
    Yes yes.... I also see 5 series parked at HDB multi storey carparks.. Hmmm... too much cash on hand?

I remember that plot now. Is there height restriction for that pplot. I think the surrounding is landed so they may limit it to 5 or 6 floors. If that is so, it's going to be a pretty tightly clustered development.

Both plots small like anything. The blocks will be very very close together. No fight with Minton.

Actually there is no need for them to sell fast fast unless they are short of cash. Every unit that is sold now is pure profit liao. They bought the land from minton rise enbloc ultra cheap in 2007.

7 Series BMW in HDB carpark is not unusual. The closer the HDB is to city center, the more cases you find.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    7 Series BMW in HDB carpark is not unusual. The closer the HDB is to city center, the more cases you find.
    Is Seng Kang near to city? There are several BMW 5 series parked neatly in the HDB carparks...

And lately, quite a number of Audis and bm 3 series are appearing as well in a much bigger wave.

And lately, quite a number of Audis and bm 3 series are appearing as well in a much bigger wave.
    BMW and Merc are the top sellers this year. Audi is a close 5th position

http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/doc/...0by%20make.pdf

BMW cars are not durable. Quite a lot will be scrapped from 4th onwards...

BMW cars are not durable. Quite a lot will be scrapped from 4th onwards...
    Sure anot...scrap on 4th yr?!?!

Den y still top sales? Zzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Sure anot...scrap on 4th yr?!?!

Den y still top sales? Zzzzzz
    Many wannabes. Just visit BMW forum. Devil is hiding under the engine plate/cover.

This data is interesting. You know which distributor makes the most profits.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publis...ost_Update.pdf

BMW basic cost is much less than Merc, but sells at about the same price. Guess you are paying for the branding and prestige. Can't comment on car as I dun own one.

Many wannabes. Just visit BMW forum. Devil is hiding under the engine plate/cover.
    I hf been camping at bmw forum leh....

Bmw resale value is da best among merc and audi

Nobody scrap at 4th yr one la....especially during this period....

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    This data is interesting. You know which distributor makes the most profits.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publis...ost_Update.pdf

BMW basic cost is much less than Merc, but sells at about the same price. Guess you are paying for the branding and prestige. Can't comment on car as I dun own one.
    Buy jap cars lor....they only make 5-10k profit margin....wakakaka

I hf been camping at bmw forum leh....

Bmw resale value is da best among merc and audi

Nobody scrap at 4th yr one la....especially during this period....
    Ok to LL suck thumb and pay for the ridiculous servicing and parts beyond 4 years.

Buy jap cars lor....they only make 5-10k profit margin....wakakaka
    Average Jap car CMI, especially in serious accidents.