Page 5 of 122 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Hard to say Minton is much better value than Treehouse or The Vision - very different areas - Hougang vs West Coast vs Chestnut - how to compare? Minton has close to 1200 units while Treehouse has 400+ units and Vision 280 units. Treehouse is a green building surrounded by nature reserves and while West Coast has "sea" view (albeit Singapore polluted sea) - both are good "concept" condos that sell well. I actually find Minton prices quite steep for Hougang and >1000 units - might feel more like a HDB estate - nowadayds HDB estate outside also got landscaping and water features.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Singaporean mostly go for affordability. In today's context when prices are sky high, you are right especially when mass market project (compared to mid range projects) starts with lower quantum and thus, more room in terms of profit margin. In bad times, this theory reversed.
    Even in crisis, mass market price would not plunge too drastically and relatively safe to buy for own stay or investment.

I predict Minton will stand a better chance to sell out completely within a short time frame. This project is definitely more worth buying than Tree House and the vision. (sorry I might offend someone but its just my personal opinion.) But then, the trade-off is, I'm not comfortable to compete with more than 1000 units for facilities. (This make the project too mass market)

Waterbank has nice location, but its a mid range project and priced quite high. Can't see much room for profit in future.

Anyway, anything can happen, just like world cup.

HDB design and private are equally nice and some hdb designs are even better than a lot of the private i see. IMO I would rather live in the future Dawson estate or the current pinnacle @ duxton than to live in let's say Case Aereta at Geylang, Suites @ Guillamard, Siglap V, The Lenox etc (including the whole lot of buay gxx MM apartments) or some ugly slab blocks above some shopping centre like some ugly so-called condo beside Boon Lay MRT

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Hard to say Minton is much better value than Treehouse or The Vision - very different areas - Hougang vs West Coast vs Chestnut - how to compare? Minton has close to 1200 units while Treehouse has 400+ units and Vision 280 units. Treehouse is a green building surrounded by nature reserves and while West Coast has "sea" view (albeit Singapore polluted sea) - both are good "concept" condos that sell well. I actually find Minton prices quite steep for Hougang and >1000 units - might feel more like a HDB estate - nowadayds HDB estate outside also got landscaping and water features.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    HDB design and private are equally nice and some hdb designs are even better than a lot of the private i see. IMO I would rather live in the future Dawson estate or the current pinnacle @ duxton than to live in let's say Case Aereta at Geylang, Suites @ Guillamard, Siglap V, The Lenox etc (including the whole lot of buay gxx MM apartments) or some ugly slab blocks above some shopping centre like some ugly so-called condo beside Boon Lay MRT
    ah but u see Dawson is queenstown leh, good location ~

pinnacle and dawson cfm hit 1mil in future

most exp HDB liao...

minton ok mah...ppl can only criticise 1k+ units/not near MRT...tats all...no major resistance. most units r quiet and not too far to city...mai hiam bey pai la....EC oredi gona launch ard 650-700psf...8xxpsf ok liao..6mths later u will find minton price ok liao...just like now estuary 7xxpsf become cheap

the dawson sky terrace or skyville, i remember there's one, looks really nice and cutting edge. but the 5 room really quite small. then again, it's probably in line with all those new condos. only enough room for one single bed in the secondary bedrooms.

i thought the lofts for the sky terrace look cool, especially if you are above 30 floors and facing the city.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    the dawson sky terrace or skyville, i remember there's one, looks really nice and cutting edge. but the 5 room really quite small. then again, it's probably in line with all those new condos. only enough room for one single bed in the secondary bedrooms.

I think overall the performance was not helped by the governement releasing so many sites in 2nd half. Most (all) of those sites are similar to Minton all not near to the MRT. So maybe some pple held back especially if they are not among the first 1XX++ who are entitled to the extra discount.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    So far 150 + units sold according to agent.

180 units sold as reported in Biz Times, not that fantastic considered ex-owners form large portion of the buyers ....

IMO, 2br price (850-900psf, quantum above 800k) is too steep given the 10% unusable space & relatively small main pool for 1,144 units. Might as well buy subsale from Kovan Melody/Residences ,8@W, WFW, WFK or DBR.

180 units sold as reported in Biz Times, not that fantastic considered ex-owners form large portion of the buyers ....
    Do the ex-owners, now buyers of the new units earn from their enbloc?
    Or do they just swap old for newer but smaller units?

IMO, 2br price (850-900psf, quantum above 800k) is too steep given the 10% unusable space & relatively small main pool for 1,144 units. Might as well buy subsale from Kovan Melody/Residences ,8@W, WFW, WFK or DBR.
    It is so near to mrt stn. Anyone knows how many minutes walk?

It is more than 1km walk from Serangoon MRT with no shelter. Ex owner given 600+k each only so they need to top up 200k for 2br, 400k for 3br.

See the map below:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...el_site_84291/

It is more than 1km walk from Serangoon MRT with no shelter. Ex owner given 600+k each only so they need to top up 200k for 2br, 400k for 3br.

See the map below:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...el_site_84291/
    It is a bad deal for the ex-owner. Better to buy for Kovan residences. Even better to buy FH Primo residences.

KR oni left with big units mah.. 2bedder subsale shd b close to 1kpsf liao

is it this one? i like it too. Skyterrace@dawson

tats the dual key layout

govt goto raise up the income ceiling soon

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    KR oni left with big units mah.. 2bedder subsale shd b close to 1kpsf liao
    Quantum about the same, Kovan Melody can immediately move in, has more efficient / usable layout and less crowded at the pool/gym, next to MRT/mall so better rental yield. I will take Kovan Melody subsale anytime.

21 Kovan Road #10-13
    99 Yrs From 20/01/2004
    $893
    $798k
    19 Mar 10

Quantum about the same, Kovan Melody can immediately move in, has more efficient / usable layout and less crowded, near MRT/mall so better rental yield. I will take Kovan Melody subsale anytime.

21 Kovan Road #10-13
    99 Yrs From 20/01/2004
    $893
    $798k
    19 Mar 10
    Developer has kept it for a while before starting to develop it as the lease started in Jan 2004.

But some want brand new, while some can't bear the thot of enriching the present owners, they rather enrich the developer.

Quantum about the same, Kovan Melody can immediately move in, has more efficient / usable layout and less crowded at the pool/gym, next to MRT/mall so better rental yield. I will take Kovan Melody subsale anytime.

21 Kovan Road #10-13
    99 Yrs From 20/01/2004
    $893
    $798k
    19 Mar 10

should be this one. i heard the size of the lofts for the 4 bedder is only 97sm, not sure what the sizes are for the 5 bedroom lofts. IF you compare this to many condo projects, i think it can out those condos to shame, so hdb is really upping the ante for private property designs.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    is it this one? i like it too. Skyterrace@dawson

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    But some want brand new, while some can't bear the thot of enriching the present owners, they rather enrich the developer.
    given a choice...i always buy from developer...unless firesale resale.

let say 500units...still got 100units 1st owner who bot at 5xxpsf...den u 2 or 3rd owner who buy at 9xxpsf..during downturn...some of those 100units 1st owners may gancheong and anyhow throw their units....tats the problem.

however, i dun mind if buying resale if 1st owner sell at loss...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

???
    Regardless of whether buy resale or buy from Developer, if got 100 units 1st owners want to sell cheap still will sell cheap right?
    In this case why not buy cheap from 1st owner rather than higher price from developer?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    given a choice...i always buy from developer...unless firesale resale.

let say 500units...still got 100units 1st owner who bot at 5xxpsf...den u 2 or 3rd owner who buy at 9xxpsf..during downturn...some of those 100units 1st owners may gancheong and anyhow throw their units....tats the problem.

however, i dun mind if buying resale if 1st owner sell at loss...

may I know this is basement or multistorey carpark?

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    may I know this is basement or multistorey carpark?
    Its basement carpark.

surprisingly this one has basement carpark even thou it has 1000+units, for some projects of 600-800+ units they will have multistorey carparks.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Developer has kept it for a while before starting to develop it as the lease started in Jan 2004.
    Tenure of land: 99 years from 27 July 2007
    Expected date of completion: 31 Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is so near to mrt stn. Anyone knows how many minutes walk?
    Approx 1km from Serangoon/Bartley/Kovan MRT. Not walkable in my opinion. There is shuttle bus service to Serangoon MRT and NEX Mall.

I think it may not be an apple to apple comparison. The size of the land plot and the range of facilities/landscaping for Minton is far more extensive than any of the rest of the projects mentioned.

surprisingly this one has basement carpark even thou it has 1000+units, for some projects of 600-800+ units they will have multistorey carparks.
    There is guided parking system (similar to large shopping complexes such as Suntec/Raffles City/Vivo to show real time updates of how many lots at each level/car park direction; with vacant lots being marked with a green light above). More than 1150 carpark lots. The underground parking complex itself will be pretty massive.

Ceiling height is for each unit is 2.9m, or 2.7m for areas where there is false ceiling to conceal aircon piping.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    There is guided parking system (similar to large shopping complexes such as Suntec/Raffles City/Vivo to show real time updates of how many lots at each level/car park direction; with vacant lots being marked with a green light above). More than 1150 carpark lots. The underground parking complex itself will be pretty massive.

Ceiling height is for each unit is 2.9m, or 2.7m for areas where there is false ceiling to conceal aircon piping.
    wow that's cool!! But the development is too big not to my comfort zone.

wow that's cool!! But the development is too big not to my comfort zone.
    Agree. The AGM/EGM will be a thousand-people affair.

I like smaller devts that are less than 200 units. But since my parents are moving into a studio to collect some rental income out of their HDB 5-rm flat in Queenstown, it makes sense to find a large devt that has comprehensive facilities and large land plot such that they can walk around the estate without feeling cramped.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Agree. The AGM/EGM will be a thousand-people affair.

I like smaller devts that are less than 200 units. But since my parents are moving into a studio to collect some rental income out of their HDB 5-rm flat in Queenstown, it makes sense to find a large devt that has comprehensive facilities and large land plot such that they can walk around the estate without feeling cramped.
    gd for oldies....can make lots of frens