Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

What happened to the days of 600psf? 2 bedder for 800k is a bit difficult for me to digest.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    What happened to the days of 600psf? 2 bedder for 800k is a bit difficult for me to digest.
    It is not a question of never but when.
    Just need patient to wait for the next down phase.
    "when" is the million dollar question. Maybe not
    new launch as developer can hold back. Maybe the
    resale market. Small developer also scare that they launch
    at the wrong time. If u are not hurry... then sit back &

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Agree. The AGM/EGM will be a thousand-people affair.

I like smaller devts that are less than 200 units. But since my parents are moving into a studio to collect some rental income out of their HDB 5-rm flat in Queenstown, it makes sense to find a large devt that has comprehensive facilities and large land plot such that they can walk around the estate without feeling cramped.
    u can also look at Interlace, even larger land plot, not to mention the southern ridges and park trails

Quote Originally Posted by august
    u can also look at Interlace, even larger land plot, not to mention the southern ridges and park trails
    Interlace left with only bigger units from 3 bedroom onwards. The smallest 3 bedroom is asking for around $1.4mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    Interlace left with only bigger units from 3 bedroom onwards. The smallest 3 bedroom is asking for around $1.4mil.
    Hi .. is its smallest 3 bedder comparable to this minton in size?

yo, cheerful! the smallest 3 bedder at interlace is larger than the ones at the minton. it is comparable in size to the "premium" 3 bedders at the minton. location, design and quality accounts for the 30% difference in price.

on a side note, i think we don't have 4D number to buy for May sales liao.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Hi .. is its smallest 3 bedder comparable to this minton in size?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    yo, cheerful! the smallest 3 bedder at interlace is larger than the ones at the minton. it is comparable in size to the "premium" 3 bedders at the minton. location, design and quality accounts for the 30% difference in price.

Oh ok, thanks for the info ... juz curious although the two are not comparable at all. Interlace is definitely much much betta in terms of location lah (plus a more reputable developer).

Kekekeee ... perhaps perhaps ... nvr see gd of this minton .. large no. of units but don't think will contribute to the sales even if it were to launch earlier ..

Maybe got chance for "Starbuys". With so many units, it will take a long long time to sell.

obviously the interior/exterior design also way superior for interlace.

i dun understand developers these days, not only this project, city dev also, 3 bedroom units, usually at worst is 1 small bedroom, nowadays only the masterbedroom can fit in a queen bed. its such a downgrade in space for hdb upgraders.

don't say until like that leh, 180 units snapped up in 1 weekend wor hahaha...funny, the press stopped using the phrase "snapped up" already and i forgot where i read, was it in this thread or by some agent that this will be a sold out project?

Oh ok, thanks for the info ... juz curious although the two are not comparable at all. Interlace is definitely much much betta in terms of location lah (plus a more reputable developer).

Kekekeee ... perhaps perhaps ... nvr see gd of this minton .. large no. of units but don't think will contribute to the sales even if it were to launch earlier ..

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Agree that Interlace is nice... but dollar quantum is too high. The Minton studio (700sqft) cost me about $59Xk. Not too bad... in exchange for a condo lifestyle for them in the suburbs and the ability to monetise their HDB 5-room. Monthly maintenance is $190, comparable to HDB (conservancy plus car-parking).

Anyway, I am vested at the Minton. I bought a unit for my parents to live their retirement days there. Different folks, different strokes. I am bullish on the Serangoon/Woodleigh sector too. As more land gets tendered out, there will be more amenities there over the medium/long term.

Anyone vested at the Minton too?

Wah may sales is so poor. Maybe the G shd reconsider the massive GLS. think the GLS is abit overdone at this stage.

on a side note, i think we don't have 4D number to buy for May sales liao. [/quote]

i think the studio is the only good buy in this project. for the other types of units, design is bad for hdb upgraders.

Agree that Interlace is nice... but dollar quantum is too high. The Minton studio (700sqft) cost me about $59Xk. Not too bad... in exchange for a condo lifestyle for them in the suburbs and the ability to monetise their HDB 5-room. Monthly maintenance is $190, comparable to HDB (conservancy plus car-parking).

Anyway, I am vested at the Minton. I bought a unit for my parents to live their retirement days there. Different folks, different strokes. I am bullish on the Serangoon/Woodleigh sector too. As more land gets tendered out, there will be more amenities there over the medium/long term.

As what azeopop says, maybe can wait for 'starbuy' lor ... how to sell such a large plot which furthermore, wasn't exactly acquired at a gd price
    Guess some dev really slow .. wait & wait, then wait until bad news come out then launch big big projects ..

Another 2 wks to go ... maybe 9xx this time

LOL, that's just my guess. I simply added Cascadia, Flamingo Valley and The Minton sales numbers to estimate a total of 300+ units max. i don't think the other projects sold 600+ units so we probably won't get a 4D number.

GLS cannot be an on and off thing. Else, G will lose policy credibility. can't just look at one poor month of sales then reconsider the GLS. If we look at it this way, then the govt should flood the market with GLS sites after April's boom numbers and then stop after May's weaker numbers. Policy flip flop is a no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Wah may sales is so poor. Maybe the G shd reconsider the massive GLS. think the GLS is abit overdone at this stage.

[/quote]

i think the studio is the only good buy in this project. for the other types of units, design is bad for hdb upgraders.
    Totally agree too. The studios are the only ones that got me excited. Not easy to find studios priced at $840-$850 psf anywhere in Singapore.... The entry price is very comfortable. Which makes it hard to beat. Even the 8@W studios were priced around $1kpsf at their launch in June 2009.

Good for retirees. My folks are totally excited. And there is minimart/cafe/laundromat within the devt to cater to their needs also.

Interlace land size is bigger than Minton also. But Interlace furnishing nothing to shout about. Also the agent keeps stressing that the unique exterior of Interlace will soon be featured in our Singapore Post Cards

aiyah i wanted to say 9xx but u chope liao, let you win, i say 899.

i thought developer got a good price for minton?

could it be that big development needed more time to prepare?

my personal guess is that because this developer is a WCY private vehicle, it has to wait until waterbank is almost sold out before in can launch, else it would be fighting with its publicly listed entity as a competitor during the same month.

As what azeopop says, maybe can wait for 'starbuy' lor ... how to sell such a large plot which furthermore, wasn't exactly acquired at a gd price
    Guess some dev really slow .. wait & wait, then wait until bad news come out then launch big big projects ..

Another 2 wks to go ... maybe 9xx this time

filial daughter! ur old folks will love minton! 1xxx over neighbours and plenty of facilities for them to enjoy and exercise

den they can rent out their 5rm flat and dun hf to take pocket $ from u...not a bad ideal

stack 43 released liao?

filial daughter not son.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    filial son! ur old folks will love minton! 1xxx over neighbours and plenty of facilities for them to enjoy and exercise

den they can rent out their 5rm flat and dun hf to take pocket $ from u...not a bad ideal

stack 43 released liao?

i thought developer got a good price for minton?
    I think you may be rite ... could be something like total sum of S$312.5m (S$236psf on GFA) as read fr somewhere ... so perhaps not too bad a profit lah.

Whatever reasons not sure .. maybe it's related to waterbank, or maybe not ... but thot this land parcel existed long before UOL bidded the latter?? So by rite should be ready earlier for the mass mkt (esp. since last yr was the mass being 'feverish').

Okie noted your 899 lah .. we shall see v soon

Any Great Singapore Sales at Minton?

where got so fast?

they are rich lah, won't cut price one, at most say launch phase 1 only, phase 2 sell next year.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Any Great Singapore Sales at Minton?

usually WCY time zun zun to maximise the profits one leh. feb to aug last year, mass market was feverish but that's becoz price is low and Kheng Leong would never be contented to sell at the market prices then so after the sep measures, i guess the best time would have been in mar, maybe that's where waterbank's impending launch came in (die die must run fast coz land cost is high) and they could only launch minton now.

I think you may be rite ... could be something like total sum of S$312.5m (S$236psf on GFA) as read fr somewhere ... so perhaps not too bad a profit lah.

Whatever reasons not sure .. maybe it's related to waterbank, or maybe not ... but thot this land parcel existed long before UOL bidded the latter?? So by rite should be ready earlier for the mass mkt (esp. since last yr was the mass being 'feverish').

Okie noted your 899 lah .. we shall see v soon

tats y ppty is sentiment driven...all those oversupply story simply crappppp

Agree that it is hard to find studios at less than $1K psf anywhere and good amenities at the Minton.

Totally agree too. The studios are the only ones that got me excited. Not easy to find studios priced at $840-$850 psf anywhere in Singapore.... The entry price is very comfortable. Which makes it hard to beat. Even the 8@W studios were priced around $1kpsf at their launch in June 2009.

Good for retirees. My folks are totally excited. And there is minimart/cafe/laundromat within the devt to cater to their needs also.

usually WCY time zun zun to maximise the profits one leh. feb to aug last year, mass market was feverish but that's becoz price is low and Kheng Leong would never be contented to sell at the market prices then so after the sep measures, i guess the best time would have been in mar, maybe that's where waterbank's impending launch came in (die die must run fast coz land cost is high) and they could only launch minton now.
    maybe they let market sink in that 1150psf for WB, so that 850psf for Minto is a bargain.

btw these Dual Keys units, any pros & cons of such layout?

filial daughter! ur old folks will love minton! 1xxx over neighbours and plenty of facilities for them to enjoy and exercise

stack 43 released liao?
    okie lah..... I have other siblings too. I contribute a place for them to stay, the rest of the siblings give whatever they can for their monthly allowance lor. Add that to the monthly rental from the Queenstown HDB, they should be able to finance their retirement for years to come (hopefully).

Minton is not just for them. Since they are looking after my child in the daytime after school, my child also benefits from the facilities. Quite a lot of stuffs for children to play with. Also the space is large enough for my child to run around.

Actually Minton sits on a plot ratio of 2.8. The surroundings mainly plot ratio 1.4 (based on URA Masterplan). Pretty unblocked and windy esp if one faces the landed housing.

Showed my contractor the floor plan. He managed to partition out a bedroom and a small study with that 700sqft. So well...

Stack 43 not released yet. Think they are still trying to clear the rest. Popped by on Sun at 4pm. The developer has put up the board with the "SOLD" stickers. Did a rough count. They sold 192 units at that point. Most of the studios and 2-bedders released were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    maybe they let market sink in that 1150psf for WB, so that 850psf for Minto is a bargain.

i got one Dk in 8wood

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai

minton 8xxpsf acceptable bcoz treehse 8xxpsf and almost sold out oredi...both OCR and not near MRT

Treehse agts r alot more aggressive den this Minton

i rec like 20smses from different agts for Treehse but less den 5 for Minton

i got one Dk in 8wood
    You are vested in 8@Woodleigh? Good for you!

Anyway, for all vested in Minton and reading this forum, the main contractor is Low Keng Huat. Hopefully it will deliver a good job out of Minton.

Some trivial about the main contractor:

About Low Keng Huat (Singapore) Ltd
    . Established in 1969 and listed
    on the SGX in 1992, LKH has an establish track record in the construction
    industry in Singapore. Some of its landmark construction projects include
    OCBC Centre, UOB Headquarters Building, Plaza Singapura and most
    recently Hard Rock Hotel at Resorts World Singapore. LKH is an A1
    registered general building contractor, the highest grade under the Building
    and Construction Authority of Singapore classification, and is qualified to
    tender for public sector contracts with unlimited tender sums. LKH had
    also ventured into property developments through partnerships with UOL
    Group and Kheng Leong. Some of its JV residential projects include
    Regency Suites (LKH's share: 20%), South Bank (30%), One-north
    Residences (20%) and Duchess Residences (30%). LKH also owns and
    operates hotels in Perth (Australia) and Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) under the
    in-house brand - Duxton Hotel. It previously managed hotels under this
    brand in Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, Wellington, Auckland and Rotoura.
    Its other hospitality-related business is the food and beverages business

in Singapore such as the Carnivore group of restaurants.