Page 728 of 728 FirstFirst ... 228628678718724725726727728
Results 3,636 to 3,638 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Lightbulb Minton Wall Crack

Quote Originally Posted by wangwe View Post
    Most have to do with poor workmanship, for e.g., the floor laminates are soaked with water, cracks on wall, etc. But I must qualify that I only heard about it for some attacks: others were ok.
    I am currently hunting for a resale condo and found The Minton project quite ideal in terms of the layout and affordability. However, during my viewing, i noticed the exterior wall of the concrete blocks, most of them if not all, appeared massive cracks. And this observation extends to the balconies of all the units i have visited. The agent told me the wall crack is very normal in SG due to the weather, nevertheless, it reflects a big red flag of quality defects in my head. Could anyone here share any thoughts on this? Are the cracks merely minor defects caused by painting or more concerns should be raised on major construction quality? thank you very much in advance.

Massive cracks over large areas are not common lah! (at least that is not my experience with CCR condos, not even those that is >15 years old).

Quote Originally Posted by dandansnu View Post
    I am currently hunting for a resale condo and found The Minton project quite ideal in terms of the layout and affordability. However, during my viewing, i noticed the exterior wall of the concrete blocks, most of them if not all, appeared massive cracks. And this observation extends to the balconies of all the units i have visited. The agent told me the wall crack is very normal in SG due to the weather, nevertheless, it reflects a big red flag of quality defects in my head. Could anyone here share any thoughts on this? Are the cracks merely minor defects caused by painting or more concerns should be raised on major construction quality? thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by teddybear; 31st January 2017 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Massive cracks over large areas are not common lah! (at least that is not my experience with CCR condos, not even those that is >15 years old).
    Yeh, that bothers me a bit, it only TOP 3 years but the project maintenance looks pretty bad