Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

700 sq ft is quite large for a 1 bedder or 1+1, by today's standards, can actually fit 2 studios of 300++ sqft. no wonder the papers reported the 2 bedders as being more popular.

Have not visited the showflat, but overall think it is a good place to buy to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    okie lah..... I have other siblings too. I contribute a place for them to stay, the rest of the siblings give whatever they can for their monthly allowance lor. Add that to the monthly rental from the Queenstown HDB, they should be able to finance their retirement for years to come (hopefully).

Minton is not just for them. Since they are looking after my child in the daytime after school, my child also benefits from the facilities. Quite a lot of stuffs for children to play with. Also the space is large enough for my child to run around.

Actually Minton sits on a plot ratio of 2.8. The surroundings mainly plot ratio 1.4 (based on URA Masterplan). Pretty unblocked and windy esp if one faces the landed housing.

Showed my contractor the floor plan. He managed to partition out a bedroom and a small study with that 700sqft. So well...

Stack 43 not released yet. Think they are still trying to clear the rest. Popped by on Sun at 4pm. The developer has put up the board with the "SOLD" stickers. Did a rough count. They sold 192 units at that point. Most of the studios and 2-bedders released were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i got one Dk in 8wood
    swee la, u are one of those first few to grab those units . i kind of like the idea, but FC developments only have 1 bath for 2bedder side. I wonder if this trend will catch on in the future. Even hdb is offering such layout.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    700 sq ft is quite large for a 1 bedder or 1+1, by today's standards, can actually fit 2 studios of 300++ sqft. no wonder the papers reported the 2 bedders as being more popular.

Have not visited the showflat, but overall think it is a good place to buy to stay.
    Their 2 bedders are at least 930sqft (for Blk 12C only - the only block without internal chute and HS); mainly 990sqft. And the pricing is between $750-$850psf; not substantially lower than the studios. Which means dollar quantum is much higher.

Their studios are really one of the biggest I have seen in all recent launches. Some even go up to 710-797sqft. For some MM units in Newton/Novena/Balestier area, this can even be a 2-bedder size or even a 2+S size. How to sell a studio that is so big??? Really have to partition it out ourselves.

Minton units are larger than 8@W. The dual key units are 1400sqft, compared to 8@W's 1100sqft. Hence the dollar quantum makes everything less attractive even though the psf pricing is alright. My 2 cents.

Treehouse uses the Huttons army mah, well known for aggression/desperate tactics whatever you call them.

minton 8xxpsf acceptable bcoz treehse 8xxpsf and almost sold out oredi...both OCR and not near MRT

Treehse agts r alot more aggressive den this Minton

i rec like 20smses from different agts for Treehse but less den 5 for Minton

Low Keng Huat has worked well with UOL/Kheng Leong before so shouldn't be a problem for this project either.

You are vested in 8@Woodleigh? Good for you!

Anyway, for all vested in Minton and reading this forum, the main contractor is Low Keng Huat. Hopefully it will deliver a good job out of Minton.

Some trivial about the main contractor:

About Low Keng Huat (Singapore) Ltd
    . Established in 1969 and listed

on the SGX in 1992, LKH has an establish track record in the construction
    industry in Singapore. Some of its landmark construction projects include
    OCBC Centre, UOB Headquarters Building, Plaza Singapura and most
    recently Hard Rock Hotel at Resorts World Singapore. LKH is an A1
    registered general building contractor, the highest grade under the Building
    and Construction Authority of Singapore classification, and is qualified to
    tender for public sector contracts with unlimited tender sums. LKH had
    also ventured into property developments through partnerships with UOL
    Group and Kheng Leong. Some of its JV residential projects include
    Regency Suites (LKH's share: 20%), South Bank (30%), One-north
    Residences (20%) and Duchess Residences (30%). LKH also owns and
    operates hotels in Perth (Australia) and Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) under the
    in-house brand - Duxton Hotel. It previously managed hotels under this
    brand in Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, Wellington, Auckland and Rotoura.
    Its other hospitality-related business is the food and beverages business
    in Singapore such as the Carnivore group of restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    swee la, u are one of those first few to grab those units . i kind of like the idea, but FC developments only have 1 bath for 2bedder side. I wonder if this trend will catch on in the future. Even hdb is offering such layout.
    at tat time, Dk was a new concept with caspian being the pioneer

rental yield shd be good hopefully if i rent it out as 2 separate units

I was very keen on getting a dual key unit at 8W during the launch. Too bad hubby was on overseas biz trip at that time (he doesn't see the layout/facing/pricing, no way I can buy... he definitely needs a LOT of convincing to buy a 99-year leasehold in a non CCR location) and I have a young toddler at home (which means tough to join the showflat queue even though 8W was less than 10mins WALK from my previous home).

But I was so keen! So near but yet so far. Sigh.....

Dual key concept is not bad. Can rent out separately; can sell to multi-generation families. Not many of such units available in the market too.

I was very keen on getting a dual key unit at 8W during the launch. Too bad hubby was on overseas biz trip at that time (he doesn't see the layout/facing/pricing, no way I can buy... he definitely needs a LOT of convincing to buy a 99-year leasehold in a non CCR location) and I have a young toddler at home (which means tough to join the showflat queue even though 8W was less than 10mins WALK from my previous home).

But I was so keen! So near but yet so far. Sigh.....

Dual key concept is not bad. Can rent out separately; can sell to multi-generation families. Not many of such units available in the market too.
    glad to noe u appreciate this concept as well...

nonetheless, u still got ur parc mondrian to look forward to

glad to noe u appreciate this concept as well...

nonetheless, u still got ur parc mondrian to look forward to
    yup sure! when I get PM's keys, I go in and take pic of the 8W site for all those vested at 8W to see.

8W dual key layout is more efficient than Minton's. For Minton, I'd rather buy a studio (550sqft) and a 2 bedder (930sqft). Adds up to be almost the same in dollar quantum as a DK unit (1453sqft); not to mention my stamp duty will be lower (since it is tiered); easier to sell next time (can always sell in part and not as a whole); and also easier to tenant. My 2 cents.

yup sure! when I get PM's keys, I go in and take pic of the 8W site for all those vested at 8W to see.

8W dual key layout is more efficient than Minton's. For Minton, I'd rather buy a studio (550sqft) and a 2 bedder (930sqft). Adds up to be almost the same in dollar quantum as a DK unit (1453sqft); not to mention my stamp duty will be lower (since it is tiered); easier to sell next time (can always sell in part and not as a whole); and also easier to tenant. My 2 cents.
    Take more pics of 8W please. Thanks.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...35940,00.html?

Published May 31, 2010

The Minton sells 180 units over weekend

Observers say sales below figures achieved during March/April height

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) In a widely watched property release, developer Kheng Leong had sold about 180 units of The Minton condo in Hougang as of 6 pm yesterday.

Huge area: Buyers appear to be drawn by The Minton's lush landscaping and generous facilities afforded by the large site area of close to half a million square feet

This is out of a batch of more than 300 units that Kheng Leong has released since last Friday in the 1,145-unit development at Lorong Ah Soo/Hougang Street 11 at an average price of $850 per square foot.

Property agents marketing the project told BT that the sales result, while encouraging, was below what they would have expected during the recent height of the property market in March/April. The peak was prior to the fallout from Europe's economic problems and the Singapore government's announcement in May that it will deliver a bumper land sales programme for the second half of this year to meet hot demand in the residential property market.

A new release like The Minton would have sold closer to 300 units in its first weekend and at about 5-8 per cent higher pricing, said CB Richard Ellis executive director Joseph Tan.

Knight Frank managing director (residential services) Peter Ow, also reckoned the 99-year leasehold project could have sold about 300 units in its initial weekend had it been put on the market a couple of months ago. He said: 'The government land sales announcement has definitely had an impact. When we talk to (potential) buyers, they're now taking a bit longer to decide. They're worried that with the new supply coming up, prices might fall.'

As has been the case with other launches, the most popular units at The Minton's holiday-extended weekend preview were one and two-bedroom units.

Kheng Leong's general manager (property) Luk Kwok Wing said prices of one bedders sold (as of 6 pm yesterday) ranged from about $480,000 to $590,000 per unit. Two bedders cost $750,000 to $870,000. The project also has three and four bedders, penthouses as well as dual-key units.

Buyers were predominantly young Singaporeans, including families. Generally, buyers have HDB addresses, including Hougang, Serangoon and Tampines (all in the north-east part of Singapore).

Mr Luk said buyers were drawn by The Minton's lush landscaping and generous facilities afforded by the large site area of close to half a million square feet.

The Minton will have a 50-metre lap pool, a 20-metre heated pool, a treehouse playground, a tennis court and an air-conditioned badminton hall that doubles as a function room. It will also boast a big library, a sky-terrace and spas/gyms. The grand clubhouse will accommodate activities like yoga, karaoke and billiards/table soccer, apart from an indoor children's playground.

Kheng Leong, a privately owned property group controlled by the family of banker Wee Cho Yaw, is developing The Minton on the former Minton Rise site that it bought in 2007 through a collective sale.

did you hoot DK at WB as well?
    Was toying this idea, can stay at 2bedder unit & rent out studio. When retire shift over to studio unit & rent out the other. haha. maybe i think too much. How u going to split the balcony if renting out to 2 tenants?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    did you hoot DK at WB as well?
    Was toying this idea, can stay at 2bedder unit & rent out studio. When retire shift over to studio unit & rent out the other. haha. maybe i think too much. How u going to split the balcony if renting out to 2 tenants?
    WB i bot smthing else

retire liao still stay in the 2bedder side lor...studio too small for comfort..no?

for 8W, i gona level up the planter area and may do a low partition wooden feature wall to divide....anyway, still got 3yrs till TOP...see hw it goes lor. hehe

Full page advertisment today, I think more units will be launched. Also their website is up.
    www.theminton.com.sg

I saw that too as I was having my breakfast this morning. More studios should be launched soon.... Maybe stack 43 might be one of them?

Got my S&P document couriered to me ytd. Pretty decent. 2 telephone points and 6 lighting points for a studio. Now I can partition the unit up properly.

Anyone knows how to formally apply for the relevant permits to convert the planter into a balcony? The S&P mentioned this can be done with relevant permits from the authority and written approval from Vendor. If it means paying up the Devt Charge for the conversion, I am willing to do so. Anyone done this before?

u shd worry about tat 4yrs later

rules/things might be changed by den

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Full page advertisment today, I think more units will be launched. Also their website is up.
    www.theminton.com.sg
    Yup, just got a sms. More 2-bedders released... and Stack 42 (studio) cheque collection is going on from 10am this morning.

Default odd number stk 42

Yup, just got a sms. More 2-bedders released... and Stack 42 (studio) cheque collection is going on from 10am this morning.

KF agt smsed me that odd stk 42 are released today.

#07-42 560ft 946psf 530k

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan Loh
    KF agt smsed me that odd stk 42 are released today.

#07-42 560ft 946psf 530k
    #03-42 was priced at $511k; #05-42 was priced at $519k. And the odd levels were all gone by 5pm today. Heard they are collecting cheques for the even levels of stack 42 now...

hows the sales for 3bedders?

dun tell me all buy to flip ar?

just realized the 700sqft studio is so big because of the household shelter and the big balcony....

Agree that Interlace is nice... but dollar quantum is too high. The Minton studio (700sqft) cost me about $59Xk. Not too bad... in exchange for a condo lifestyle for them in the suburbs and the ability to monetise their HDB 5-room. Monthly maintenance is $190, comparable to HDB (conservancy plus car-parking).

Anyway, I am vested at the Minton. I bought a unit for my parents to live their retirement days there. Different folks, different strokes. I am bullish on the Serangoon/Woodleigh sector too. As more land gets tendered out, there will be more amenities there over the medium/long term.

Anyone vested at the Minton too?

Hi I'm new to this forum

Jus gotten a 1 bedder Minton last week unit 52 (low floor). Mebbe abit too impulsive cos 1 brm really got snapped up fast last week. As it's my first pte home din really did much homework. Intend to buy for inv but look like most forumer said it's more for own stay. Anyone feel hw much can appreciate?

Anyway hope to see more vested interest ... Good day

Quote Originally Posted by Ultroman
    Hi I'm new to this forum

Jus gotten a 1 bedder Minton last week unit 52 (low floor). Mebbe abit too impulsive cos 1 brm really got snapped up fast last week. As it's my first pte home din really did much homework. Intend to buy for inv but look like most forumer said it's more for own stay. Anyone feel hw much can appreciate?

congrats. always good to start somewhere.

Fair review. The northeast has always been rather bland and known more for its NE or circle MRT line and no special attributes. As a mass market condo with mass market prices, I am surprised it cannot move more units than what was reported.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

Did you go for balloting? Nowadays 1-bedders everywhere is hot and first to sell out - mostly investors are buying. Good luck for your purchase! Buy already don't ever think back and regret- still many years to TOP

Hi I'm new to this forum

Not really ballot. It's special preview but I guess too hard to resist $812psf for a 700 sqft 1 bedrm.

Not really ballot. It's special preview but I guess too hard to resist $812psf for a 700 sqft 1 bedrm.
    but the smaller 5xxsqft studios r prices 9xxpsf...if aso 8xxpsf, i wud hf bot one..

ultroman, your 1 bedder is which floor?

Low floor which inc 2% discount at dat time so seems quite attractive den