Page 8 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

The 1 bedder in Minton is quite generous in terms of space.
    I like the sky 1 bedder....think 15th storey, comes with big balcony/terrace.

Don't worry ultroman, believe in what you have bought. I still find Minton's price quite acceptable. I will still prefer Minton over Tree House and the Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultroman
    Low floor which inc 2% discount at dat time so seems quite attractive den
    yah, those who bought with discount got the best deal. Now no more discount.

How's tis weekend sales performance? Any update? 1150 units - very cham - might take some time to offload.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    yah, those who bought with discount got the best deal. Now no more discount.
    All this discount thing is all bullshit. In the past the price is all displayed and very transparent to all. Now after months u go back to showroom agent still tell u discount 7% blah blah blah. How much they quoted during the first launch nobody know. VVIP invitation but all the so-called discount units are those "wonderful" units that hard to sell.

Gana b4, now I shall wait & see...... can sell no discount but if
    cannot sell...ahh...u know what i know dont bluff urself.

want to buy cheap cheap unit must wait until economy downturn... But when downturn come how many dare to buy?!

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    All this discount thing is all bullshit. In the past the price is all displayed and very transparent to all. Now after months u go back to showroom agent still tell u discount 7% blah blah blah. How much they quoted during the first launch nobody know. VVIP invitation but all the so-called discount units are those "wonderful" units that hard to sell.

Gana b4, now I shall wait & see...... can sell no discount but if
    cannot sell...ahh...u know what i know dont bluff urself.

if so easy to time market, everybody millionairessssssss

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    want to buy cheap cheap unit must wait until economy downturn... But when downturn come how many dare to buy?!
    Starbuys! haa haa

Not really ballot. It's special preview but I guess too hard to resist $812psf for a 700 sqft 1 bedrm.
    If the 700 sqft is for 2 bdr will be good price. Otherwise from space utilisation perspective and what you can make use of from investment perspective (i.e. leasing out), the money invested (approx $585k) may be difficult to fully optimise from leasing out. Selling as a unit may be difficult to get buyer as you may need to sell over $600k, which will be too much for the buyer, in quantum.
    Just my opinion.

But I think can bargain further for this Minton project.
    More probable for developer to give in as favourable market condition is now tilting towards buyers.
    Just my take.

If I'm interested in the project I'll go all out to bargain.

Hi I'm new to this forum

Jus gotten a 1 bedder Minton last week unit 52 (low floor). Mebbe abit too impulsive cos 1 brm really got snapped up fast last week. As it's my first pte home din really did much homework. Intend to buy for inv but look like most forumer said it's more for own stay. Anyone feel hw much can appreciate?

Anyway hope to see more vested interest ... Good day
    Hi neighbour, good to find someone here vested in Minton! Like what propertyowner mentioned, it is always good to start somewhere.

Investment or not is really up to an individual. The most important (to me) is that one does not overpay. As long as the amount vested is fair, then it is also safe to assume that there will be some appreciation over the medium/long term. After all, Minton is not far from NEX mall, not far from Lor Chuan (where prices there are treading at $1kpsf), and 2km from Potong Pasir (I used to stay at Potong Pasir - from Potong Pasir to Novena each morning takes 8mins flat via Whampoa/Bendeemer). Location wise, certainly much better than a lot of the recent launches in the OCR.

$812psf for a studio is a good buy. A lot of facilities too. Enjoy your buy and don't look back. =)

As a side note, Minton has so MANY units that lots of banks have scrambled ard to put out a special Minton financing package over last week. Pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian

As a side note, Minton has so MANY units that lots of banks have scrambled ard to put out a special Minton financing package over last week. Pretty interesting.
    Agreed. The packages were interesting and was very tempted to buy...

Hi neighbour, good to find someone here vested in Minton! Like what propertyowner mentioned, it is always good to start somewhere.

Investment or not is really up to an individual. The most important (to me) is that one does not overpay. As long as the amount vested is fair, then it is also safe to assume that there will be some appreciation over the medium/long term. After all, Minton is not far from NEX mall, not far from Lor Chuan (where prices there are treading at $1kpsf), and 2km from Potong Pasir (I used to stay at Potong Pasir - from Potong Pasir to Novena each morning takes 8mins flat via Whampoa/Bendeemer). Location wise, certainly much better than a lot of the recent launches in the OCR.

$812psf for a studio is a good buy. A lot of facilities too. Enjoy your buy and don't look back. =)

Hi there...

yup i quite like the location ; in bet serangoon, kovan, and paya lebar cos I'm currently staying in punggol. Oh coincidentally I oso travel to novena : ) In fact was thinking 700sqf was too big for 1brm (cassia view 2brm only 650sqf) hence oso pondering the idea to partition another brm

Good day to all Mintoners

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Hi do you have any details of these packages... or any from hsbc?
    cos i jus signed up with hsbc last week wish to know if I was short-changed tks

ultroman: y nvr consider 2bedder instead? i like those 2bedder facing the cityview..above 10flr shd be able to see a small tiny puny flyer as well..

or budget constraint?

cos i jus signed up with hsbc last week wish to know if I was short-changed tks
    I know DBS, OCBC and UOB all have come up with "Special Minton packages". DBS package for example, is SIBOR+0% interest for the 1st year, SIBOR+0.2% for 2nd year, SIBOR+0.4% for 3rd year; and SIBOR+1% for the rest of the loan tenure. As far as I know, no lock-in period. Can always refinance after year 3.

Not too bad, but since my folks are staying at Minton over the long term, my RM at DBS customised something for me that is quite competitive and comparable with what HSBC is offering.

HSBC's rates are always quite competitive, so yours should be quite alright.

I have been scratching head on how to partition out the 700sqft unit... I need to have a bedroom and a study. But not sure what is the most optimal way to do it. I also wrote to URA last week on the process to pay DC and convert my planter into a balcony. So far also no response. Sigh.

cos i jus signed up with hsbc last week wish to know if I was short-
    changed tks
    New2mondrian is right that hsbc is pretty competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ultroman: y nvr consider 2bedder instead? i like those 2bedder facing the cityview..above 10flr shd be able to see a small tiny puny flyer as well..

or budget constraint?
    ya agree the view fr top flr is nice for the price paid. But the 2 brm quite big size so budget constraint

I know DBS, OCBC and UOB all have come up with "Special Minton packages". DBS package for example, is SIBOR+0% interest for the 1st year, SIBOR+0.2% for 2nd year, SIBOR+0.4% for 3rd year; and SIBOR+1% for the rest of the loan tenure. As far as I know, no lock-in period. Can always refinance after year 3.

Not too bad, but since my folks are staying at Minton over the long term, my RM at DBS customised something for me that is quite competitive and comparable with what HSBC is offering.

HSBC's rates are always quite competitive, so yours should be quite alright.

I have been scratching head on how to partition out the 700sqft unit... I need to have a bedroom and a study. But not sure what is the most optimal way to do it. I also wrote to URA last week on the process to pay DC and convert my planter into a balcony. So far also no response. Sigh.
    hi new2mondrian ... Is the DBS package only avail for last weekend ?
    cos I checked it's 0+sibor, 0.6+sibor ,0.8+sibor and 1+sibor for 1 to 3 yrs and 4th yr onward.

Hsbc quoted me 0.85+sibor all yrs

btw which stack is ur unit? Yup a bigger balcony will be great

hi new2mondrian ... Is the DBS package only avail for last weekend ?
    cos I checked it's 0+sibor, 0.6+sibor ,0.8+sibor and 1+sibor for 1 to 3 yrs and 4th yr onward.

Hsbc quoted me 0.85+sibor all yrs

btw which stack is ur unit? Yup a bigger balcony will be great
    My apologies. I went home to check ytd and noted that the DBS package is indeed SIBOR+0% (1st yr), SIBOR+0.6% (2nd yr), SIBOR+0.8%(3rd year) and SIBOR+1% (thereafter).

Actually HSBC has a current promotion for completed properties (not applicable to BUC); which is SIBOR+0.9% (1st year); SIBOR+0.8% (2nd year); SIBOR+0.7% (3rd year onwards till end of tenure). Pretty attractive, but Minton does not qualify. Anyway, DBS is willing to better HSBC's rates, so we are most likely to go with DBS. Still thinking....

Default Buyers snap up units at The Minton

Dozens of interested homebuyers are looking to acquire new homes, despite an unstable stock market affecting property market sentiment.
    Over the weekend, another 120 units at The Minton project in Lorong Ah Soo had been sold, following the 180 units fetched last week, taking the total sales to 300 units for the recently released condo project.
    Prices of units in The Minton were unchanged at around $850 psf, which was also the price set for units sold in the previous week.

Its moving! Been awhile since i hear people use the words "snapped up". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Dozens of interested homebuyers are looking to acquire new homes, despite an unstable stock market affecting property market sentiment.
    Over the weekend, another 120 units at The Minton project in Lorong Ah Soo had been sold, following the 180 units fetched last week, taking the total sales to 300 units for the recently released condo project.
    Prices of units in The Minton were unchanged at around $850 psf, which was also the price set for units sold in the previous week.

i noticed increasingly interest to invest in mass market condos

Stock market so bearish still people dare to buy, hats off to them.

Sometimes people just don't understand what is going on in Europe, only blinded by low interest rate

Richard Russell, the famous writer of the Dow Theory Letters, has a chilling line in today's note:

Do your friends a favor. Tell them to "batten down the hatches" because there's a HARD RAIN coming. Tell them to get out of debt and sell anything they can sell (and don't need) in order to get liquid. Tell them that Richard Russell says that by the end of this year they won't recognize the country. They'll retort, "How the dickens does Russell know -- who told him?" Tell them the stock market told him.

That's pretty intense!

Last edited by jitkiat; 08-06-10 at 18:29.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Not only the banks have a special Minton package; even law firms such as Ascentia Law also have a Minton special. The first time I heard of this. Economies of scale?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat

Sometimes people just don't understand what is going on in Europe, only blinded by low interest rate

Richard Russell, the famous writer of the Dow Theory Letters, has a chilling line in today's note:

Do your friends a favor. Tell them to "batten down the hatches" because there's a HARD RAIN coming. Tell them to get out of debt and sell anything they can sell (and don't need) in order to get liquid. Tell them that Richard Russell says that by the end of this year they won't recognize the country. They'll retort, "How the dickens does Russell know -- who told him?" Tell them the stock market told him.

That's pretty intense!

to me, this EU crisis is a PAYBACK TIME!

we chinese been slave for centuries!!! now our turn to lift up our head and SHINE

At 850-1000 psf, the price somewhat seems reasonable compared to the mid market ones at 1350-1500 psf. Imagine a 1000 sqft property, it's 850k vs 1.4 million. Why take up 550k worth of debt to be 2km nearer to the city? Some more traffic at city fringe is the worst, the travelling time saved may be just few min per trip. For every condo u invest in orchard, u can buy 3 in the lovely suburbs for wh 2 can generate passive income for u. Singapore is already a highly developed country- at some pt in time, rental yield shd precede capital gains in the investment decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i noticed increasingly interest to invest in mass market condos

That's pretty intense!

Richard Russell doesn't know anything about PROPERTISM.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

If Russell doesn't know the dickens about the property market, he should ask Charles Dickens how much he bought his country home at Gads Hill Place.

Dickens was later to write, " I used to look at it as a wonderful Mansion (which God knows it is not) when I was a very odd little child with the first faint shadows of all my books in my head - I suppose." Thirty-five years later, after Dickens had risen to fame and wealth, he discovered that the house was for sale and bought it for £1790 in March 1856 from Mrs Lynn Linton. Initially Dickens bought the house as an investment, intending to let it, but changed his mind and used it instead as a country retreat, moving into the house in June 1857.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ai yah, all these so-called "famous" writers - they are just that "famous writers".
    They so good they will make so much money and retire without needing to be "famous writers".
    At any one time, there will always be some particular "famous writers" and more often than not, they will just fade away to be replaced by another "famous" writers but just for a short time period only.

That's pretty intense!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

2km nearer the city can take 15 mins to drive in Singapore you know!
    During the lows, for the 1 Orchard property you bought at $1500 psf, they are now probably >$2200 psf.
    For the 1 suburb property you bought at $600 psf, they are probably only worth $800 psf. I doubt the mass market private properties are suitable for investment. We all know that the govt is only concerned about mass market prices and any significant increase will always be met with measures to temper the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    At 850-1000 psf, the price somewhat seems reasonable compared to the mid market ones at 1350-1500 psf. Imagine a 1000 sqft property, it's 850k vs 1.4 million. Why take up 550k worth of debt to be 2km nearer to the city? Some more traffic at city fringe is the worst, the travelling time saved may be just few min per trip. For every condo u invest in orchard, u can buy 3 in the lovely suburbs for wh 2 can generate passive income for u. Singapore is already a highly developed country- at some pt in time, rental yield shd precede capital gains in the investment decision.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    During the lows, for the 1 Orchard property you bought at $1500 psf, they are now probably >$2200 psf.
    For the 1 suburb property you bought at $600 psf, they are probably only worth $800 psf. I doubt the mass market private properties are suitable for investment. We all know that the govt is only concerned about mass market prices and any significant increase will always be met with measures to temper the price.
    ya agree ~

it is location that determines the upside, not whether marketed as mass market or not.

During the lows, the suburban properties is only 350-400psf (in 2006). Today, they are 800psf, the return is NOT insignificant lah. When you look at return, please look at Return on Equity - the return on your invested capital which exceeds 100%.

And the time saved from suburbs to city fringe is only at most few minutes. The worst traffic is from city fringe to city. I stayed near Orchard Road before - it still took me 15 min to drive to Tanjong Pagar during peak hours. Staying further away from Orchard in the suburbs, it took me maybe 18 min? What I'm trying to say is your WILL be surprised how little time you save driving in Singapore. That is assuming fairly wealthy middle class do not take MRT. Even MRT from Orchard to Tanjong Pagar + walking + waiting time is easily 30 min! So you will realise the time saved is over-hyped. Of course that's assuming you don't stay in crazily jammed up places along the CTE.

And I realise people shout Location Location Location without looking at VALUE. Is Orchard Road still undervalued at $3000psf? If you still think so, go ahead and buy. Once a location is overvalued, its about time to move on, take a bet at other locations that no one looks at. Its always more exciting to be first mover than to follow blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear