Page 17 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021222732374247 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

wow, imagine no min rule....now mass market condo oredi 1500psf?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wow, imagine no min rule....now mass market condo oredi 1500psf?
    Ya rite, like the China big big bubble in Beijing, Shanghai, Hainan ....

Once bubble too big, difficult to control ... then bye bye

was at the minton today. from a size perspective, it was pretty impressive. 4 bedroom at 1755sqft. very liveable in terms of self stay.

How many units sold?

didn't ask, actually now's a good time to leisurely stroll into showrooms, they're not packed and the agents actually take the time to serve you and explain to you the nitty gritty details.

all i know is they sold another 4bedrm today.

Any updates on this project? Thanks!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and as of Monday, I am a proud house owner at The Minton. We only went to the showflat on Sunday and decided to buy it the next day.

A bit overwhelmed by the 1145 units... my current condo only has 55 units. But my hubby and I are willing to overlook this fact for the sheer size of the unit for that price. We have too much "rubbish" so really need the space.

Felt the amenities at The Minton are very very comprehensive but given that I hardly use the pool at my current home and still paying so much maintenance fee every month, they do not matter that much to me. Location-wise, it should be quite fast to get into the city.

Just earlier on, we timed our walk from Serangoon MRT station to Minton and back, and it is really not too bad. I am a brisk walker but this time we took a leisurely 15 minutes walk (accidentally walked a longer route being the first time) to and 11 minutes back. Currently staying just a skip and a hop away from the Serangoon MRT station, so definitely from Minton would be more of a walk for us. However, felt not worth it to pay 500k more for a smaller unit just to be near the MRT station. Even if I take cab every day, I doubt I will ever hit that amount. Which I do most of the week even though I stay close to the MRT.

Any other Minton house owners? This thread has grown very quiet.
    Last edited by chrisop; 04-08-10 at 01:19.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisop
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum and as of Monday, I am a proud house owner at The Minton. We only went to the showflat on Sunday and decided to buy it the next day.

A bit overwhelmed by the 1145 units... my current condo only has 55 units. But my hubby and I are willing to overlook this fact for the sheer size of the unit for that price. We have too much "rubbish" so really need the space.

Felt the amenities at The Minton are very very comprehensive but given that I hardly use the pool at my current home and still paying so much maintenance fee every month, they do not matter that much to me. Location-wise, it should be quite fast to get into the city.

Just earlier on, we timed our walk from Serangoon MRT station to Minton and back, and it is really not too bad. I am a brisk walker but this time we took a leisurely 15 minutes walk (accidentally walked a longer route being the first time) to and 11 minutes back. Currently staying just a skip and a hop away from the Serangoon MRT station, so definitely from Minton would be more of a walk for us. However, felt not worth it to pay 500k more for a smaller unit just to be near the MRT station. Even if I take cab every day, I doubt I will ever hit that amount. Which I do most of the week even though I stay close to the MRT.

Any other Minton house owners? This thread has grown very quiet.
    i am not vested....but hey...congrats to ur new purchase!

in terms of psf, minton is one of the lowest in SG now...so u r quite safe compared to scala buyers..haha however, they still got planter boxes and baywindows...finishing really quite bad also...nonetheless, psf is quite low and very very comprehensive facilities.

wah liu...make use of the pool, gym, library, badminton etc etc more often lah!

btw, minton does provide shuttle buses to srgn mrt...dun have to walk lor...unless u wana do some exercise

i am not vested....but hey...congrats to ur new purchase!

in terms of psf, minton is one of the lowest in SG now...so u r quite safe compared to scala buyers..haha however, they still got planter boxes and baywindows...finishing really quite bad also...nonetheless, psf is quite low and very very comprehensive facilities.

wah liu...make use of the pool, gym, library, badminton etc etc more often lah!

btw, minton does provide shuttle buses to srgn mrt...dun have to walk lor...unless u wana do some exercise
    Thanks devilplate!

Actually I went to see Scala that day too but thought the psf was way too high for such a location, and there are just too many schools around that area... should be quite noisy. The roads there I guess will be so jammed with cars every morning with parents fetching their children to schools and people leaving for work at the same time. I used to stay near a school and it was a nightmare trying to get out every morning.

My unit doesn't have any planter boxes and there is only one bay window in one of the rooms fortunately. Just think the big balcony is a waste of space. Well I guess if you pay premium rates, then you get premium finishing. Can't expect much for this psf.

Hahaha ya I should but you know this is such a novelty thing, when you first have it, it's all the rage then subsequently it wears off. Maybe next time when I have children, they will benefit more from the amenities.

Hehe yup will make use of the shuttle bus... I don't mind walking though cos it's really good exercise.

Smile

Hi and congrats to be part of Minton

I got my 1 brm during the preview. Actually the planter box is adjoining the balcony without segregation so can jus put a plank as extension to balcony

coming back to your purchase how many bedder ... And care to update how many units sold so far thank and have a gd day

Congrats on getting the Minton. The whole idea of library, games room, karaoke room, dining room etc makes me seriously consider moving in for own stay when it is completed. I think NEX may have a chance of becoming the Parkway Parade of the east, if it is well run and have a good mix of shops. I got the 3+1 unit which I think it will really feel spacious, especially like the rear balcony where I can dry my clothes. Congrats!

after greenwich launch at average 980psf, Minton its a STEAL!

congrats to all minton owners!

After having gone all quiet for the past few months, suddenly there are so many Minton owners around? That's good!

Anyone knows how many units have been sold so far? And what is the psf like? And when is the TOP date?

I am vested at Minton too. Glad to be part of the Minton family.

All 1 bedders in minton sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    All 1 bedders in minton sold out?
    probably not.... still receiving smses from agents abt 1-bedders.

but those left are all fairly large... and $ quantum is from 7xxk onwards. Gone were the preview days when all the 1-bedders were priced from $4xxk to $5xxk (or ard 8xxpsf for mid/low floor units).

Quote Originally Posted by Ultroman
    Hi and congrats to be part of Minton

I got my 1 brm during the preview. Actually the planter box is adjoining the balcony without segregation so can jus put a plank as extension to balcony

coming back to your purchase how many bedder ... And care to update how many units sold so far thank and have a gd day
    Thanks! Happy to be part of Minton family.

I got a PH. I think so far sold 400 units, mostly 1-2 bedders. That's what we were told but I don't know true or not. This Saturday/Sunday I will probably make a trip down again to the showflat and can find out then.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinleeap
    Congrats on getting the Minton. The whole idea of library, games room, karaoke room, dining room etc makes me seriously consider moving in for own stay when it is completed. I think NEX may have a chance of becoming the Parkway Parade of the east, if it is well run and have a good mix of shops. I got the 3+1 unit which I think it will really feel spacious, especially like the rear balcony where I can dry my clothes. Congrats!
    Haha well you should consider staying then. Think of the space for drying your clothes.

I have been waiting for NEX to be completed for the longest time. Having a cinema, supermarkets and all kinds of quality shops in the vicinity would be great. Haha we are staying like almost next door to it so next time don't have to travel so far to watch a movie or buy groceries. We heard from the agent that there are some plans to build a Lor Ah Soo MRT station. Again don't know true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    After having gone all quiet for the past few months, suddenly there are so many Minton owners around? That's good!

Anyone knows how many units have been sold so far? And what is the psf like? And when is the TOP date?

I am vested at Minton too. Glad to be part of the Minton family.
    Hi new2mondrian! Me too! Happy to be part of it.

The psf differs between the size of each unit. I know for mine, I am paying about $860 psf. The TOP date is 30 June 2015 but the agent said it will probably be completed by mid of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisop
    Hi new2mondrian! Me too! Happy to be part of it.

The psf differs between the size of each unit. I know for mine, I am paying about $860 psf. The TOP date is 30 June 2015 but the agent said it will probably be completed by mid of 2014.
    Good for you! The penthouses are very nice! Actually the layout of the PH is one of the best and most livable I have seen so far. I love the open terrace in the MBR's bathroom, as well as the family rooms.... nice! The PHs facing the landed stretch should have unblocked views and excellent cross ventilation for years to come.

2015 is indeed a long long time. Guess we will all meet each other at Minton! Bought a 1-bedder for my parents, and since they are lookg after my child, I will be dropping by Minton on all weekdays to pick him up after work.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Good for you! The penthouses are very nice! Actually the layout of the PH is one of the best and most livable I have seen so far. I love the open terrace in the MBR's bathroom, as well as the family rooms.... nice! The PHs facing the landed stretch should have unblocked views and excellent cross ventilation for years to come.

2015 is indeed a long long time. Guess we will all meet each other at Minton! Bought a 1-bedder for my parents, and since they are lookg after my child, I will be dropping by Minton on all weekdays to pick him up after work.
    Hahaha you are very precise! Actually I didn't even notice that there is an open terrace in the MBR's bathroom until you pointed it out. I went to check the floor plan and it's true! That's why going back to the showflat this Sat to take a better look at the model.

You are so filial. It's good to stay near parents, better to have someone you trust to look after your child instead of entrusting him/her to strangers.

Just bought a high floor stack 52 for 646k today. Hopefully it will be a good buy. Suffering from buyer's remorse now haa haa.

Wah! Congrats! Your 3rd one already! What the size?

Just bought a high floor stack 52 for 646k today. Hopefully it will be a good buy. Suffering from buyer's remorse now haa haa.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

congrats

no nid to regret lah...u r quite safe...if market crash, scala/greenwich will POK first

any updates from u on the sales figure so far? how many 1bedders left?

btw, wat makes u buy minton at this stage....due to scala/greenwich launch prices? hehe

congrats

no nid to regret lah...u r quite safe...if market crash, scala/greenwich will POK first

btw, wat makes u buy minton at this stage....due to scala/greenwich launch prices? hehe
    wrong... if market crash.. it will affectthose already completed ones...

but u r right to say that her investments is safe as those under construction are under progressive payment.

congrats

I think there are a total of 4 or 5 units of 1 bedder left. They are from stack 51 and 48. I bought the last of the stack 52, which was the cheapest left. All are 700sqft which I think is very generous for 1 bedder self stay. I've check streetsine, the price has not increase much also.

10D Hougang Street 11 #13-52
    99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
    $902
    $631k
    28 Jun 10

10D Hougang Street 11 #11-52
    99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
    $876
    $613k
    30 Jun 10

The agent said about 500+ units sold so far.

Smile

Ya agree.. Minton is definately a better priced condo compared to scala.
    But the comparison can never end.

Can share the size?
    The Minton is a reasonable condo for own stay.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Can share the size?
    The Minton is a reasonable condo for own stay.
    It is a 1 bedroom unit of 700sqft. Wondering which will generate better rental yield 8@W studio or this giant studio?

It is a 1 bedroom unit of 700sqft. Wondering which will generate better rental yield 8@W studio or this giant studio?
    Ah... isn't that obvious? Unless some nut purchase it at crazy high price, if not 8@W will have better rental yield.

which floor is it ... The highest ??