Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3813182328293031323334353637384348535863 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Prices crashed by 30% n u will see buyers chiong bigger units again
    Errr.... is there such possibility in the near future???? I don't see how leh.... If it happens, I will glad off load my 8@w now and wait for that to happen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    Errr.... is there such possibility in the near future???? I don't see how leh.... If it happens, I will glad off load my 8@w now and wait for that to happen!!!!
    30% drop? Unlikely lah... govt intervention usually cannot achieve that sort of drop and govt will never want to do that... like slapping their own face... usually its international events or health crisis, etc that will do that. Will it happen? Unlikely!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    30% drop? Unlikely lah... govt intervention usually cannot achieve that sort of drop and govt will never want to do that... like slapping their own face... usually its international events or health crisis, etc that will do that. Will it happen? Unlikely!
    If u tink its unlikely, den mm trend shall continue....

If cost/price is not a factor, I can't see any reason why people won't take up something that will give them more space. It's mind boggling why some will want to coop themselves up in a small cage.....
    While there is a medical term for fear of small space - claustrophobic, is there one for fear of big space?? Don't think there is a reason why people don't like big space!
    Last edited by ysyap; 30-05-11 at 13:49.

While there is a medical term for fear of small space - claustrophobic, is there one for fear of big space?? Don't think there is a reason why people don't like space!
    Too big i m scared.....seen too much horror movies hapening in big houses....lol

One pax staying in a big bungalow....ifnu heard smthing...will u get scared?

Too big i m scared.....seen too much horror movies hapening in big houses....lol

devilplate,

Just make sure your house is well lit at all times and stop watching those horror movies to yourself! Afterall, the mind cannot differentiate the difference between real and fake for these sort of things!!!!

I want big space!!!!!!

hahaha!!! That fear is attributed to someone or something causing that it. Not coz the house is big... it can even happen in a small house if you know something is lurking by the corner where you can't see it. Of course large houses have more corners that you can't see what's hidden behind... lol! I still want a big bungalow... at most rent it out a super high rent then retire...

Honestly I prefer the penthouses. Really spacious. There are many different penthouse designs. Spoilt for choice! Just that the price is on the high side! Could get a nearby FH landed at those prices.
    Smallest penthouse in Minton 1,991 sqft. About $1.7M.

FH landed of around $1,900 sqft land in D19 is close to $2M and you probably got to fork out another $200K to do some decent renovation.

You can get some FH landed with same built up area of $1,900 sq ft, but the land is so tiny that you probably have to park your car on the road outside.

Some people prefer to live in the biggest and most luxurious apartment in the project than the smallest terrace house in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Smallest penthouse in Minton 1,991 sqft. About $1.7M.

FH landed of around $1,900 sqft land in D19 is close to $2M and you probably got to fork out another $200K to do some decent renovation.

You can get some FH landed with same built up area of $1,900 sq ft, but the land is so tiny that you probably have to park your car on the road outside.

Some people prefer to live in the biggest and most luxurious apartment in the project than the smallest terrace house in the area.
    The 1991 sqft penthouse design is not really optimal. Anyway, can get a 1780 sqft land area 2400 built up landed area nearby for about $1.8m. Yes to the extra cost of renovation but its your own land so no need to wory about what others do and can have absolute control over what you want to do with the area! Yes there are great responsibilities involved but to those who enjoys gardening, its a nice getaway at times... Having said that, I do prefer condo to landed coz i belong to the slightly less responsible (aka lazier) group.

The 1991 sqft penthouse design is not really optimal. Anyway, can get a 1780 sqft land area 2400 built up landed area nearby for about $1.8m. Yes to the extra cost of renovation but its your own land so no need to wory about what others do and can have absolute control over what you want to do with the area! Yes there are great responsibilities involved but to those who enjoys gardening, its a nice getaway at times... Having said that, I do prefer condo to landed coz i belong to the slightly less responsible (aka lazier) group.
    The design of the penthouses in Minton is pretty optimal and one of the best I've seen, compared to other condos. Usually you have double-storey penthouses with almost the whole 2nd level wasted since it's usually a super big roof terrace.

can't rent out much

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    can't rent out much
    Minton is more for own stay lah.

Oh! Before I forgot, I was told by the agent that the maintenance fee per month is below $300 for 4 bedroom. That was surprising!

Minton is more for own stay lah.

Oh! Before I forgot, I was told by the agent that the maintenance fee per month is below $300 for 4 bedroom. That was surprising!
    cos the maintenance is shared by 1100 other households. if they get short of funds, they'll tell you when the developer hands over the management to the resident committee.

having said all that, i like the space the 4 bedder confers...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    cos the maintenance is shared by 1100 other households. if they get short of funds, they'll tell you when the developer hands over the management to the resident committee.

I don't like the master bedroom for the 4 bedder. I actually prefer the 5 bedder in Kovan Residence. Unfortunately the price difference is really huge!!!

I don't like the master bedroom for the 4 bedder. I actually prefer the 5 bedder in Kovan Residence. Unfortunately the price difference is really huge!!!
    Get a fh landed better

Get a fh landed better
    FH landed only got 1 world. Minton got 3 worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    FH landed only got 1 world. Minton got 3 worlds.
    Azeo,

You must remember to invite your brothers and sister from 8@w to Minton when you move in!

Of cos, you are welcome to join us when 8@w TOP next year!

Quote Originally Posted by kane

True, true.... I was wondering how they are going to upkeep all 3 worlds base on these maintenance rates and the 2 year free shuttle they promise to all buyers actually.....

Me love love love the 1755sft 4 bedder to death!!!!!!! Got enough rooms and toilets for all in the house plus a yard for the pets and laundry!!!!! Too bad, location and moolah are the problems!

What is Moolah? Location is not ideal, but it is not that bad either. Just have to do a bus/MRT combi. If it is next to MRT, then must pay above $1K oredi. Tradeoff as our govt will say.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    What is Moolah? Location is not ideal, but it is not that bad either. Just have to do a bus/MRT combi. If it is next to MRT, then must pay above $1K oredi. Tradeoff as our govt will say.
    Moolah is $$$$$$$$$$$..... my friend!

Moolah is $$$$$$$$$$$..... my friend!
    i tink 3bedder at waterview aso got a balocny at the kitchen....smaller quantum

i tink 3bedder at waterview aso got a balocny at the kitchen....smaller quantum
    For me, the main attractions for 4 bedder at Minton are having a junior master and the long yard. If only 3 bedder comes with a junior master!!!!!!!

But I believe, long long long time ago, old old old condos may have ensuite bedrooms for all right? I remember going to one old condo when I was very much younger, at Bright Hill drive with 3 or 4 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. Anyone can confirm this?

Ah... Me noob. Thanks.

For me, the main attractions for 4 bedder at Minton are having a junior master and the long yard. If only 3 bedder comes with a junior master!!!!!!!

But I believe, long long long time ago, old old old condos may have ensuite bedrooms for all right? I remember going to one old condo when I was very much younger, at Bright Hill drive with 3 or 4 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. Anyone can confirm this?
    u save $$ for ur dream landed better

hf a nice garden for all ur furry kids and usually all rooms comes wif bathrm

I wonder if there is a need to have a bathroom for each room? Especially if bathrooms are small ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I wonder if there is a need to have a bathroom for each room? Especially if bathrooms are small ones.
    Ensuite bathroom is always good when you have extended family living together.... Elderly parents, siblings, children, etc.... no need to fight for washroom, got personal space for everyone, no argument on cleaning

ahahaha... yes, very true... but like all things, must do step by step...., must be able to afford these condo first then think how to upgrade to nice landed later...

My favorite bathroom so far is that 4 bedroom corner bathroom of Clover by the park....imagine having a pampering bubble bath while enjoying the sunset view panorama...

Clover's master bathroom is superb... I don't fancy every room with ensuite... not suitable for my young kids.. wait fall over the toilet bowl in middle of the night and no one knows...

Clover's master bathroom is superb... I don't fancy every room with ensuite... not suitable for my young kids.. wait fall over and no one knows...
    2 ensuites is gd enuff for multi gen living

But i rem minton jr master rm vy small rite...cant put a queen