Page 48 of 122 FirstFirst ... 182328333843444546474849505152535863687378 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I actually prefer the type G2. Don't fancy the rear balcony area. Anyway, now with 40% LTV, not enough Vit M. Pinning my hope on what KBW said yesterday about the possibility of removing and adding more CM. Hope that he'll take away the 40% LTV measure...
    Not sure why you dun fancy rear balcony. Extra space always good. Sure your wife agrees with you? Can use for drying laundry which is sorely lacking in many projects nowadays. Or keep your pets. Or gain direct access to kitchen after coming back from market instead of dragging the stuff through living room.

The dry kitchen may be a little small to set up a dining table...

The yard area is dangerous for young children because of the parapet wall. Probably need to erect grills if MC is ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The yard area is dangerous for young children because of the parapet wall. Probably need to erect grills if MC is ok with it.
    balcony aso dangerous

stay hdb best and put up all grills

The dry kitchen may be a little small to set up a dining table...
    Actually, it looks ok.

Must hack away the floor to ceiling cabinets behind the dry kitchen top and put the table horizontally so that it doesn't block the entrance to the kitchen. Aiya 4 bed good enough lah. Still want to make it into 4+S? Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Actually, it looks ok.
    Exactly what I was referring to after analyzing the layout... hmm.... good drawing. U did it yourself?

Not sure why you dun fancy rear balcony. Extra space always good. Sure your wife agrees with you? Can use for drying laundry which is sorely lacking in many projects nowadays. Or keep your pets. Or gain direct access to kitchen after coming back from market instead of dragging the stuff through living room.
    I'd rather the extra space be in the living room. Just thought the rear balcony is not used as often as the living room. We don't do laundry everyday but we use the living room everyday... Actually my wife agrees with me on this, I think! Not too sure about my domestic helper though!

Must hack away the floor to ceiling cabinets behind the dry kitchen top and put the table horizontally so that it doesn't block the entrance to the kitchen. Aiya 4 bed good enough lah. Still want to make it into 4+S? Ha.
    For big families, its always good to have more rooms. If got 3 kids, one per room, an additional study room can also double up as maid's room or just remain a study room.

Like this? The new "room" crafted out will have glass walls (room still has 3 smaller panels of windows), with roller blinds installed to transform it into a bedroom if necessary. Other wise it will be a relaxation lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinleeap
    Like this? The new "room" crafted out will have glass walls (room still has 3 smaller panels of windows), with roller blinds installed to transform it into a bedroom if necessary. Other wise it will be a relaxation lounge.
    Yup yup! This is exactly what I have in mind. Still a decent sized living room with additional study/maid's room. Good job on the drawing!

Yes. That's what I mean, if the table is vertical, it's just block the entrance to the kitchen. Fclim's 4+S looks pretty good. Maybe they should adopt your design and change their 3+S to a 3.5+S to augment the utility value of that unit's space.

Yes. That's what I mean, if the table is vertical, it's just block the entrance to the kitchen. Fclim's 4+S looks pretty good. Maybe they should adopt your design and change their 3+S to a 3.5+S to augment the utility value of that unit's space.
    And increase the psf? No please! Its already pricey coz of its large floor area...

Just have to DIY. The cabinet at the dinning table should be a sliding glass/mirror door which will cover the fridge when it is opened. This ensures still ample storage space beside the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinleeap
    Just have to DIY. The cabinet at the dinning table should be a sliding glass/mirror door which will cover the fridge when it is opened. This ensures still ample storage space beside the fridge.
    Sigh... I have all these ideas but can't afford the unit. Sigh!

Actually Kheng Leong is not very smart in drawing up the plans. Their dining table is way oversized and appears to take up a lot of space, making the living/dining area look smaller.

A typical dining table is 1.6 m by 0.9 m. Kheng Leong's table in the floor plan is about 2.4 m by 1 m.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Sigh... I have all these ideas but can't afford the unit. Sigh!
    All because of 40% down... I am also stopped from purchasing properties because of this ruling. Sigh, got to guai guai collect rent to save up moolah!

Like this?

Like this?
    Your fifth bedroom looks neat but bearing in mind there might not be windows in that room... I guess the area for fridge and some wall mounted storage should remain. Tilt the dining table 90degree and it should do the trick! At least that was what I have in mind or what edwinleeap proposed.

The "fifth" bedroom has a floored to ceiling window. And I believe there's no bay window in their dining room area.

Like this?
    Well done on the photoshop by the way. But I think their differentiator is their big dry kitchen which makes the whole living and dining look and feel much bigger.

The "fifth" bedroom has a floored to ceiling window. And I believe there's no bay window in their dining room area.
    Good to know! That is definitely an attractive option for me if I can find the much needed 40% LTV cash. LOL!

are the walls between masterbedroom and other bedrooms structural?
    If not, shift the walls make an additional BR, so total of 6 BRs.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    are the walls between masterbedroom and other bedrooms structural?
    If not, shift the walls make an additional BR, so total of 6 BRs.
    Nope all the walls between the bedrooms are non-structural. However, any erected wall need to align with the stem of the window.

Isn't a 6 bedroom layout an overkill, then you have a tiny living room. Sounds more like aa student hostel.

The amount of effort and cost of making it 6 bedrooms is not attractive. 4+1 is enough...

there was a total of 84 4 bedder units. so they've sold 82. looks like they should have done more 4 bedders. i find the 3+S not really value for money. but their 3 premium is fairly decent.
    Agent say 4 bedder units fully sold out!!

Quote Originally Posted by curio
    Agent say 4 bedder units fully sold out!!
    I am not surprised. The 4 bedders at Minton ard $1.5M. Kovan Residences transacting at $2M. That's 30% higher which negates the MRT advantage that KR enjoys. Quantum wise, $500K difference is a lot of money.
    Last edited by fclim; 30-10-11 at 00:47.

I am not surprised. The 4 bedders at Minton ard $1.5M. Kovan residences transacting at $2M. That's 30% higher which negates the MRT advantage that KR enjoys. Quantum wise, $500K difference is a lot of money.
    the last 2 2nd floor 4 bedder also sold? looks like the 4 bedder is the most popular relative to the other sizes. There's only 3+S left to consider for those who were planning to turn the 4th room into a bigger study.

the last 2 2nd floor 4 bedder also sold? looks like the 4 bedder is the most popular relative to the other sizes. There's only 3+S left to consider for those who were planning to turn the 4th room into a bigger study.
    I thought 1 bedder also sold out long ago. 4 bedders only 84 units, so easier to sell. Price wise, also cheaper than surrounding new units. 3+S next best alternative since subsale is non existent.

The CM4 actually makes it easier to sell new launches since there is no subsale to compete. If you want a new condo now, you have no choice but to go for new launches. That explains the huge crowds and high sales at new launches recently.