Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 303540455055565758596061626364657075808590 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    and build small underground mall plus retail shops like 7 eleven, guardian, toast box/ah kun plus giordano, etc??
    Yah, something like citylink mall. Maybe can intergrate with a revamped upper serangoon shopping center and space@kovan/ Lim toa tow area.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yah, something like citylink mall. Maybe can intergrate with a revamped upper serangoon shopping center and space@kovan/ Lim toa tow area.
    Very good idea. Good for all in this area if this pulls throughh

Engineering through the blocks of flat will make the project too expensive. Just take the shuttle bus lah. Ha.

The Upp Serangoon Shopping Centre should be a themed mall, like tuition centre or something. Or a computer or Electronics mart. It should not compete with Nex.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    The Upp Serangoon Shopping Centre should be a themed mall, like tuition centre or something. Or a computer or Electronics mart. It should not compete with Nex.
    tuition centre sounds good. electronics mart isn't something people need everyday.

It was a very popular place in the 80s. Thanks to evergreen computer shop haa haa. That stretch of upper serangoon rd was bursting with life in the day...and the market at lim tua tow rd.

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.c...opping-centre/
    Those wre the days...but now, sad.....the serangoon shopping has a funny smell, like stale...

hard to compete with a giant like Nex that seems to have everything under its roof and jus next to mrt. it better find its niche if it were to revamp

Apparently 55 units sold since the price discounts started and 3+ study sold out.

http://www.the-minton.net/

Apparently 55 units sold since the price discounts started and 3+ study sold out.

Amazing... what a full page newspaper advert.. "from $798psf" can do. They advertised it twice in the last two weeks. That drew the crowds into the showflat and the agents suddenly got busy. Otherwise, swatting flies..

so another 250 units left to sell?

It was a very popular place in the 80s. Thanks to evergreen computer shop haa haa. That stretch of upper serangoon rd was bursting with life in the day...and the market at lim tua tow rd.

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.c...opping-centre/
    Used to work part time in that computer shop after sec school.

Those were the days..... The boss is still around there.

The website like buay koh york

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    The website like buay koh york
    Ya, the website so unprofessional and so difficult to read.

Hehe the sale of his koh york through this site seems quite good even though this is one of the ugliest and most colourful websites I have ever seen. Ultimately all that matters is it's effective.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisop
    Hehe the sale of his koh york through this site seems quite good even though this is one of the ugliest and most colourful websites I have ever seen. Ultimately all that matters is it's effective.
    Haha...totally agree! Who ever catches the mouse is the best cat.

I suppose in due course. It is now such a dead shopping centre with many shops closed. Understand there were 67 retail units (out of 173 units) put up for sale by tender. Not sure what happened to that one.

It is a mixed development; commercial and residential. So, best to tear it down and redevelop. But, it is freehold and the individual shop owners can be quite stubborn. Heard an enbloc proposal did not go through. Hopefully, the dwindling business will be a push factor.

But first, the 2 sleazy hotels and the Karaoke aka niteclub MUST GO.
    totally agreed...its a 3/4 dead town there..shld redeveloped it. Tuition niche like United Sq may be a good idea

How come Minton is surrounded by new projects with psf over 1k while it is still struggling to sell at 850psf++?

How come Minton is surrounded by new projects with psf over 1k while it is still struggling to sell at 850psf++?

minton struggling? tot sales is pretty brisk .. maybe if u look at % wise, its low because there are so many more units than the smaller projects surrounding it.

I m curious too. Perhaps lack of a herd? If better marketing "I luv Minton", with a packed showroom and newspaper reporting foc, maybe people will buy this without considering too much. I read somewhere that 5% of the population is making decisions for the remaining 95%....my 5% of 2 cents!
    Last edited by testtest; 22-02-12 at 23:25.

I m curious too. Perhaps lack of a herd? If better marketing "I luv Minton", with a packed showroom and newspaper reporting foc, maybe people will buy this without considering too much. I read somewhere that 5% of the population is making decisions for the remaining 95%....my 5% of 2 cents!
    Damn. SMU should sue FEO for that. the heart logo is an obvious cut-and-paste! good training for the new faulty of law tooo ..

yes i agree. prob advertising... i have never heard of this till someone pointed out theres a godzilla near my vested project. but with facilities like heated pool, i wld think with a bit of advertising, units will fly. And honestly ..i like the name. Reminds me of minotaur .. haha .. maybe one will get stuck in the minton like a maze due to the size ..

I would say minton is considered undervalue as compared to the other 2 development and beside there is a busstop beside minton development that goes str8 to Nex

Another major flaw with their marketing is the showflat location. Tucked away off site in ulu ubi area. If they had built the showflat at the empty field next to nex mall, sales could fly.

90 units sold since price discount started.

Developer can take their own sweet time to achieve 100% sales. They have another 1.5 to 2 years to TOP. No rush lah... among the few mega size projects across the island, Minton is doing pretty well...

So when the caveats are lodged, they should have about 150-180 units left?

A friend who was one of the early buyers, sold his 2bedded at a loss after one year as he saw no potential. He didnt wish to wait till TOP to face no buyers or prices diving downward after seeing so many condos out in the market selling like hot cakes and Minton not moving. He blame it on timing & luck as he thought he could make a decent profit for buying Minton at a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    A friend who was one of the early buyers, sold his 2bedded at a loss after one year as he saw no potential. He didnt wish to wait till TOP to face no buyers or prices diving downward after seeing so many condos out in the market selling like hot cakes and Minton not moving. He blame it on timing & luck as he thought he could make a decent profit for buying Minton at a discount.
    i tot now the discount bring the price back to preview price???

anyway ur fren is a speculator shdnt buy such a big project wat....shd buy MM project tat can complete within 1-1.5yrs and can flip upon TOP liao.....fast and furious rite anot? wakakaka

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

anyway ur fren is a speculator shdnt buy such a big project wat....shd buy MM project tat can complete within 1-1.5yrs and can flip upon TOP liao.....fast and furious rite anot? wakakaka
    is renting and collecting $ not an option for ur fren? Or he/she needs to flip because he/she needs the capital back

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    is renting and collecting $ not an option for ur fren? Or he/she needs to flip because he/she needs the capital back
    not my fren hor.....u quote the wrong person la....wakakakaa

let me answer for chanel? if investor is keen to collect rental, shd hf bot a ready project and collect rental asap wat......rite anot ?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

He sold his landed house to buy 2 condos, one for own stay the other to speculate. Now he has a roof + enough cash to spend.

Judging from Business Times report today on Properties 2012, rental in prime districts 9, 10 & 11 have gone down over other districts. Buyers are more popular in districts 19, 15, 23, 10 & 16. Capital appreciation for those who bought in 2010 & sold in 2011 saw better performance in District 19 between 15%-30% likewise with districts 15, 16, 10 & 23. Interestingly, foreign buyers preference of : PRC - District 19, Indians - district 15, Indonesians - District 10.

My friend cashing in on capital gain rather than monthly rentals, therefore he is a speculator.