Page 56 of 122 FirstFirst ... 263136414651525354555657585960616671768186 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Someone mentioned before that the 2 pools plus heated pool will be too congested with 1100 households using them on weekends... not a pleasure to swim... noise level will hit 100 decibels... take leave and use the pools and gyms on weekday morning... join the ah mah and ah gongs better... Lol!

Then again the facilities are really good... spacious and nice layouts...
    Hmm depends on whether majority of residents are regular users of facilities. i once stayed in an EC with many blocks. Used to enjoy goin to the clubhouse to read mags and newspaper on weekends but stopped doing that when the house became a living hell with many ppl crowding in, kids shouting, babies crying, furnitures, pillows flying ard and parents doing nothing to subdue the little terrorists. No place to laze around on weekends as all BBQ pits, benches, tables, chairs occupied.

dats why i am a bit paranoid of big projects

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    You bought a studio at Minton as well? Welcome!!!

Haha if I can offload my studio at 700k, I'd gladly do so and swap it
    for a two bedder. I think the developers are still selling the two bedders. My mom and dad can have one room, and next time when they get too old, I hire a maid and she can take the spare room. Hmmm...
    no la, i am vested in neighbouring suites@PL. teeny weeny one bedder!

woah so filial. 700K can get big spacious 2 bedders? aim for old projects la .. roomy, spacious
    Last edited by graveyard; 26-01-12 at 14:11. Reason: jerky fingers!

Update 26th Jan 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Hmm depends on whether majority of residents are regular users of facilities. i once stayed in an EC with many blocks. Used to enjoy goin to the clubhouse to read mags and newspaper on weekends but stopped doing that when the house became a living hell with many ppl crowding in, kids shouting, babies crying, furnitures, pillows flying ard and parents doing nothing to subdue the little terrorists. No place to laze around on weekends as all BBQ pits, benches, tables, chairs occupied.

dats why i am a bit paranoid of big projects
    I also prefer smaller projects. Although lesser facilities, residents in smaller estate usually behave themselves since number is small and easy to check who had done funny stuff to the common areas.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Update 26th Jan 2012.
    Thanks azeoprop for the pics..

Update 26th Jan 2012.
    cheers azeoprop for all the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I also prefer smaller projects. Although lesser facilities, residents in smaller estate usually behave themselves since number is small and easy to check who had done funny stuff to the common areas.
    I also prefer small projects... higher chance of enjoying the facilities...

Less than 400 units my preference

But too small also not good - facilities like shit

at least more than 100 units bah

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    no la, i am vested in neighbouring suites@PL. teeny weeny one bedder!

woah so filial. 700K can get big spacious 2 bedders? aim for old projects la .. roomy, spacious
    Haha still neighbour! Very near. You rent out your unit, and can use that income to rent a unit at Minton.

I bought my 700sqft unit at 5xxk. If can sell for 700k, i make about $100k after deducting agent fees and stamp duties. Minton's 2-bedders are priced at 8xxk by the developer. Basically the 100k gain can fund at least half of the differential. I just need to cough up another 100k to upgrade to a 2 bedder.

But of course, that's provided that i can offload my unit for 700k lah. Haha....

Quote Originally Posted by silverswirl
    cheers azeoprop for all the hard work!
    Thanks Azeoprop!!! You keen to be part of MC? Vote u in next time (if you are staying not tenanting lah)!

Har MC?.....I take photo only haa haa....

Haha still neighbour! Very near. You rent out your unit, and can use that income to rent a unit at Minton.

I bought my 700sqft unit at 5xxk. If can sell for 700k, i make about $100k after deducting agent fees and stamp duties. Minton's 2-bedders are priced at 8xxk by the developer. Basically the 100k gain can fund at least half of the differential. I just need to cough up another 100k to upgrade to a 2 bedder.

But of course, that's provided that i can offload my unit for 700k lah. Haha....

yeah. but i dont think the rent can cover my rental in the minton! and i m kinda shy so perhaps better off holed up in a smaller cave lol

i just checked Ura website - in oct 2011, a 700sqf was sold at 680k. so its possible to hit 700k but thats prior to the 10% ABSD. So probably a bit harder but can aim la. anyway 680k u earning a lot already!

I also prefer small projects... higher chance of enjoying the facilities...
    lifestyle plays a big part i think. those who like to entertain and cant stand cramping in small space wld prefer big projects as there are more facilities,bbq pits, common area. those who dont entertain much but prefer to snuggle in a corner with a good book like myself (either in own unit or common area like clubhouse) may like smaller projects. gimme a small pool and gym and i am happy enuff.ive been to frens' condo at telok kurau with a small pool, gym that's hardly used and i figure out i will be quite satisfied with that arrangement.

New full page advert today..."New 2012 pricing from 798psf"

Wow... Maybe i shd consider 2nd unit...

That's lower than its original pricing. Looks like a better deal than Punggol.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

http://www.the-minton.net/

It seems that the developer is giving up to 5% discount direct from the list price. Maybe later go check it out.

5% off all remaining units or selective only?? Guess is to offset ABSD
    Ride at your own risk !!!

desperate developer, go and break window

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    5% off all remaining units or selective only?? Guess is to offset ABSD
    Agent text me its for selective units only

Quote Originally Posted by fan
    Agent text me its for selective units only
    Which selective units? Is it those that cannot sell since 1st launch? Then must be really lousy units lah... I miss boat le... looking for 4 bedders which has been sold out long ago... . Penthouse possible but too exp... sigh!

Wow... Maybe i shd consider 2nd unit...
    Wonder if they can allow "upsizing" by topping up $$. Can save on ABSD? Hee hee...

Which selective units? Is it those that cannot sell since 1st launch? Then must be really lousy units lah... I miss boat le... looking for 4 bedders which has been sold out long ago... . Penthouse possible but too exp... sigh!
    Probably only a few lousy units. Good marketing ploy to draw in the crowds. But, majority still around $850 psf, which is a good price in today's context.

Penthouse oso all sold out hor. These are single level penthouses with more useful spaces, not those 2 storey types with a useless 2nd level open terrace that you pay so much for.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Probably only a few lousy units. Good marketing ploy to draw in the crowds. But, majority still around $850 psf, which is a good price in today's context.

Penthouse oso all sold out hor. These are single level penthouses with more useful spaces, not those 2 storey types with a useless 2nd level open terrace that you pay so much for.
    What about 3+1?

What about 3+1?
    I heard a handful of units left. Probably only mostly 3BR and 2+1.

This remind me of another KL project, Oasis Garden. Prices sre dropped several times and the first 2 batch of buyers are played out.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    This remind me of another KL project, Oasis Garden. Prices sre dropped several times and the first 2 batch of buyers are played out.
    That was because oasis garden was launched when market was still buoyant, selling above 900 psf. Then lehman struck, kheng leong let the price drop to slightly less than 700 psf for a few months. it then made the climb back to close to 1000psf

This reminds me of GSS whereby shops will put UP TO 90% off and you can only find 1 item at 90% off if you really dig deep enough..

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    That's lower than its original pricing. Looks like a better deal than Punggol.
    I got the listing from the agent, the 798psf is a joke if you get the drift of it....look at the unit type. The actual price still around 850 to 900 plus after 5%. The first few batches of buyers still enjoy the best price when Minton was launched.

the sub $800psf, is it one with a very big PES?