Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 384348535863646566676869707172737883889398 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by reddyones
    hi,

when u guys buy minton, do u get a floorplan layout of exactly where are the electrical points?

cheers
    Nope. Only a schedule, listing the types of points and quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Nope. Only a schedule, listing the types of points and quantity.
    Ic thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Update 18th March 2012.
    Thanks azeoprop! At last!!! I am keeping fingers crossed for TOP in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    That's a really long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    That's a really long shot.
    haha agreed, really doubt it will be ready tat soon. Unless they pass it over to WCL/FG

Quote Originally Posted by price
    haha agreed, really doubt it will be ready tat soon. Unless they pass it over to WCL/FG
    The clubhouse haven't even build yet.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    You have to cross more...

Cross until cramp also won't happen.

The clubhouse haven't even build yet.
    Building of the clubhouse should be quite easy and fast. The building that will take some time is the badminton dome cos of its shape.

Cross until cramp also won't happen.
    I know of this family renting till Minton TOP. Guess they gotta pay another 1-2years worth of rent then.

I know of this family renting till Minton TOP. Guess they gotta pay another 1-2years worth of rent then.
    If developers speed up and allow early TOP, think most owners will welcome it. It is when they take own sweet time and stretch TOP date to the max that irritates owners. That family probably would welcome early TOP so they can save more on rental and enjoy the many facilities...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    If developers speed up and allow early TOP, think most owners will welcome it. It is when they take own sweet time and stretch TOP date to the max that irritates owners. That family probably would welcome early TOP so they can save more on rental and enjoy the many facilities...
    Yeah, actually its a win-win situation right? developers get their $ earlier too?

Say 3k per month. Out of pocket will be 72k if TOP in 2 years time from now.

Say 3k per month. Out of pocket will be 72k if TOP in 2 years time from now.
    opportunity cost very high for every month of late TOP. When is Minton's Expected TOP date on paper?

opportunity cost very high for every month of late TOP. When is Minton's Expected TOP date on paper?
    mid 2015. So max another $36K exposure if need to extend one more year. Unlikely to happen since progress has been good and both Kheng Leong and Low Keng Huat are vested in this project.

99 Years Leasehold with effect from 4 April 2007.
    at TOP e.g. Apr 2014, already lost 7 years lease on a total of 99 years?

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    99 Years Leasehold with effect from 4 April 2007.
    at TOP e.g. Apr 2014, already lost 7 years lease on a total of 99 years?
    That's why their construction is highly accelerated. You can see the difference vs waterfront gold which was launched around the same time in 2010. Most probably expected top is 3rd quarter 2013 according to most agents.

Thy look like they are already preparing the platform for the 2 main pools.

Hi guys,

I am also a Minton owner and have been separately tracking the construction progress individually. From what I see, the construction is going at a good pace. If you look closely at the interior part of the high rise blocks, u can see that electrical wiring, water pipes, toilet tiles, toilet flushing system, water heaters are already installed for most units. On top of that, the interior unit walls seems to be already plastered up and smoothly flushed at the corners.

Remaining work to be done is just floor tiling, kitchenware/toilet fittings, bedroom wardrobe fittings, painting and voila, ur unit is completed. All done at incredible speed!!

My initial estimate for Minton TOP is end 2013 or mid 2014 (based on the speed they complete the superstructure). But with the recent developments, I suspect completion could be much earlier. I visited the Minton showflat recently to compare the cOnstruction progress against the building models, and the agents serving me actually shared 'discretely' that developer has given their word for a target of TOP - September 2013.

Personally I am quite happy with the news but just slightly concerned of the build quality (due to main con being a Chinese company), and also I happened to see that the bedroom wall panels in the 2BR unit facing landed houses seem to be made from light partition material and not a proper brick/rc wall.
    But given that CDL's more celebrated project - The Arte @ Thompson also uses partition walls for their Bedrooms, perhaps this is how the industry seems to be moving going forward? Let's jus hope that this does not lower the quality of the finishing when Minton TOP.

Btw as seen from azeoprop's photo number 1, the construction in between the 2 towers are actually floor/ceiling panels for the basement carparks (2levels). The swimming pool construction hasn't started yet I believe.

Don't worry too much about the main con. If they want to establish themselves in our competitive market, then they better do a good job.

Yah many projects use dry walls nowadays. Those thin walls u saw in your floor plan are dry walls.

So the developers' costs are much lower than expected. Promoted by BCA as sustainable construction...

http://www.bca.gov.sg/SustainableCon...wall_flyer.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    Hi guys,

I am also a Minton owner and have been separately tracking the construction progress individually. From what I see, the construction is going at a good pace. If you look closely at the interior part of the high rise blocks, u can see that electrical wiring, water pipes, toilet tiles, toilet flushing system, water heaters are already installed for most units. On top of that, the interior unit walls seems to be already plastered up and smoothly flushed at the corners.

Remaining work to be done is just floor tiling, kitchenware/toilet fittings, bedroom wardrobe fittings, painting and voila, ur unit is completed. All done at incredible speed!!

My initial estimate for Minton TOP is end 2013 or mid 2014 (based on the speed they complete the superstructure). But with the recent developments, I suspect completion could be much earlier. I visited the Minton showflat recently to compare the cOnstruction progress against the building models, and the agents serving me actually shared 'discretely' that developer has given their word for a target of TOP - September 2013.

Personally I am quite happy with the news but just slightly concerned of the build quality (due to main con being a Chinese company), and also I happened to see that the bedroom wall panels in the 2BR unit facing landed houses seem to be made from light partition material and not a proper brick/rc wall.
    But given that CDL's more celebrated project - The Arte @ Thompson also uses partition walls for their Bedrooms, perhaps this is how the industry seems to be moving going forward? Let's jus hope that this does not lower the quality of the finishing when Minton TOP.

Btw as seen from azeoprop's photo number 1, the construction in between the 2 towers are actually floor/ceiling panels for the basement carparks (2levels). The swimming pool construction hasn't started yet I believe.
    I wouldn't expect top notch quality for a project of this size and speed of construction. I will probably spend a few hundred dollars for a professional house inspection company to do a thorough inspection at TOP plus visual inspection on my own. Some use advanced inspection equipment such as thermal imaging to spot hidden defects, especially in pipes. I have not engaged one before, but I would think it is definitely better than just my own self inspection using naked eye alone.

The success of Tai Keng Court's collective sale ($161M, 25% more than asking price) and the popularity of mixed-use development might re-ignite the collective sale of Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre, also a FH mixed used development.

If so, will it compete with minton or complement/enhance it?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...083856/1/.html

The success of Tai Keng Court's collective sale ($161M, 25% more than asking price) and the popularity of mixed-use development might re-ignite the collective sale of Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre, also a FH mixed used development.

If so, will it compete with minton or complement/enhance it?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...083856/1/.html
    V subjective... dependent on how that Shopping Centre will turn out to be...

I dont think it will be that great of a shopping centre leh? I suspect will be how East Village is. Maybe a super market to draw the 1145 units from Minton?

Dont need to walk to Nex liao! Next stop North East Village!

But isnt Suites @ PL, UR, The Vue nearer?

I dont think it will be that great of a shopping centre leh? I suspect will be how East Village is. Maybe a super market to draw the 1145 units from Minton?

Dont need to walk to Nex liao! Next stop North East Village!

But isnt Suites @ PL, UR, The Vue nearer?
    All benefit together. haha..

With the clampdown on the misuse of industrial buildings for office space and tuition centres, this development might be suited to offer their space for such use.

Supermarket as Anchor tenant will be good.. Prime, Shop & Save (they lost their space at Space@Kovan - no pun intended). Tuition centres, general offices, restaurants, ballet/dance classrooms. A Bowling centre perhaps? Family oriented..

With the clampdown on the misuse of industrial buildings for office space and tuition centres, this development might be suited to offer their space for such use.

Supermarket as Anchor tenant will be good.. Prime, Shop & Save (they lost their space at Space@Kovan - no pun intended). Tuition centres, general offices, restaurants, ballet/dance classrooms. A Bowling centre perhaps? Family oriented..
    Plus cineplexes... lol!

Plus cineplexes... lol!
    lol then Nex Shaw how?

there is a prime supermarket near the minton within walking distance, next to a coffee shop. but the more amenities nearby the better.