Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Esta Vs. One Amber

Quote Originally Posted by ProperT
    Measured floor to ceiling height - exactly 2.9M!

Thank you

I prefer ESTA for the layout.

Was at the OA showflat years back and i felt that the layout was a wee bit of a tight squeeze.

To add on about the surrounding area, I find myself getting stuck in traffic on my way to Parkway Parade after work. Takes me 10mins to reach Tanjong Katong exit on ECP from town yet get stuck in traffic queue for another 10mins just to reach the roundabout outside Silversea.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    I prefer ESTA for the layout.

Was at the OA showflat years back and i felt that the layout was a wee bit of a tight squeeze.

To add on about the surrounding area, I find myself getting stuck in traffic on my way to Parkway Parade after work. Takes me 10mins to reach Tanjong Katong exit on ECP from town yet get stuck in traffic queue for another 10mins just to reach the roundabout outside Silversea.
    it is easier to go by marine parade exit to Parkway.

To me, esta=OA....y is there a need to compare...

both shd command similar psf for similar perceived facing.

Other den cote d azur, The Seaview is premium!

No need to compare, $1500 psf is coming soon for both developments!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    No need to compare, $1500 psf is coming soon for both developments!
    Dream on..... go check OA quality, layout , etc - n see if u r willing to
    pay 1500psf yourself.....

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    Dream on..... go check OA quality, layout , etc - n see if u r willing to
    pay 1500psf yourself.....
    There are worst I have seen in other developments and other so called prime locations, and pple willing to pay $2000 psf!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The difference is that those are in "prime locations" mah so $2000 psf also considered cheap. It is the land in that location that has value, not the building itself. Even if OA or Esta with golden tap & toilet bowl and diamond studded door knob also cannot transact at $2000 psf.

There are worst I have seen in other developments and other so called prime locations, and pple willing to pay $2000 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The difference is that those are in "prime locations" mah so $2000 psf also considered cheap. It is the land in that location that has value, not the building itself. Even if OA or Esta with golden tap & toilet bowl and diamond studded door knob also cannot transact at $2000 psf.
    Go and dig yourself a hole in Fort Canning Hill, it's prime and cost nothing!

Grading of projects in Amber area
    One Amber : 6/10
    Esta : 7/10
    The Seaview : 9/10

Guys - Got my keys. high floor stack 13. Excellent view - pocket sea, city and low rise houses almost panoramic!! Some issues with finishing on wooden flooring but developer to sort out.
    Overall lay-out of the unit pretty good as well - 1302sq ft.
    I saw quite a few units at Esta and even spent time walking around the condo.

I feel One Amber is much better (even though I may be biased since I've bought a unit at OA). Reason being (i) More space between towers, (ii) better facade, (iii) much better view.

After 1 year, finishing etc will all be sorted out and then the factors I mentioned above come into play so I would prefer OA for personal stay.

Seeing the floorplans, I do understand lay-out of some units not too good. However even in Esta there were some lay-out issues - big balconies with too much space wastage. But overall Esta lay-out maybe better. however given the 3 factors above, I prefer OA.

My 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Singers Property
    Guys - Got my keys. high floor stack 13. Excellent view - pocket sea, city and low rise houses almost panoramic!! Some issues with finishing on wooden flooring but developer to sort out.

I feel One Amber is much better (even though I may be biased since I've bought a unit at OA). Reason being (i) More space between towers, (ii) better facade, (iii) much better view.

After 1 year, finishing etc will all be sorted out and then the factors I mentioned above come into play so I would prefer OA for personal stay.

Seeing the floorplans, I do understand lay-out of some units not too good. However even in Esta there were some lay-out issues - big balconies with too much space wastage. But overall Esta lay-out maybe better. however given the 3 factors above, I prefer OA.

My 2cents.
    congrats...as long u r happy..$ is well spent!

My 2cents.
    Hi, from the floor plan I noticed that that bedroom 2 & 3 have quite wide bay windows. Are the rooms large enough for 2 single beds? Thanks!

My 2cents.
    Obviously OA has more space between the towers because there are only 4 towers. But OA has minimum space between the units like 6 to 7 units per floor.

Stk 13 has nice view, but unless one doesn't mind not to be in the Master room or bedroom in the afternoon.

It is not true Esta has big balconies, those are ok. Have u seen The Sea View balcony?

Space is wasted in the foyer area upon entry into the unit for stk 13. But overall one of the better layout compared to the rest of the 3 bedroom. But cannot be compared to Esta in terms of space efficiency & layout.

Congrats for your new home

Btw, do share if we can put a queen size bed in the common rooms. Tks.

From the floor plan, it seems that Esta (smallest 3br 1313 sqft) has no problem squeezing 2 single beds or a queen size bed in the common bedrooms. OA seems to be able to at most squeeze in a large single bed. It's floor plan showig 2 pillows seems to be mis-leading.

IMO esta offers more bang for buck - better layout and furnishing.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    IMO esta offers more bang for buck - better layout and furnishing.
    So far I have quite good impression of MCL land.

Can you post the photos?

My 2cents.

Esta has quite a large area devoted to walkway/corridor in the individual unit. The living room is long and narrow.. The bathroom finish is not of good quality and the balcony is quite large. I would prefer to buy an OA unit after comparing the 2 projects.

Just a personal opinion. I have not bought any unit yet.

Default Response to Comments

Guys thanks for all your comments.

Here is my reply.

Smaller bedrooms - Yes they are small because bay window is quite big. Will be trying to fit queen size bed in one of them. Will let you guys know. I think it will be really tight but as long as cupboards can open should be ok.

# of houses per floor - 6 but seem reasonably spaced out and 3 lifts. Only when I start living will figure out whether it's a real nuisance.

Photos - Will put up photos on Monday. Overall view was better than I thought it to be. I like unblocked view and given corner stack the view is really good from balcony and all the 3 rooms. Can see sea from 2 guest rooms and balcony. City view from master bedroom.

Space - Living area has good space but bedrooms small.

Hi Singers Property, I think you have got the best stack in OA. I'm looking that stack too because it has sea, city and katong view.

Too bad owners are all looking at 1350psf to 1400psf for very high floor.

Quote Originally Posted by weez911
    Hi Singers Property, I think you have got the best stack in OA. I'm looking that stack too because it has sea, city and katong view.

Too bad owners are all looking at 1350psf to 1400psf for very high floor.
    but tat stack got direct noon sun rite? shd be stack 13?

i was analysing the site plan last mth...i was being offered stack 8 tat time...aso got some noon sun and facing busy mountbatten rd

Yup has noon sun. That's one disadvantage.
    However in OA I think it has the best unblocked view of katong, city and sea. Its a trade off depending on personal preference.

Yup has noon sun. That's one disadvantage.
    However in OA I think it has the best unblocked view of katong, city and sea. Its a trade off depending on personal preference.
    just install top grade clear solar flim

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    just install top grade clear solar flim
    Clear solar film may not be good enough. The existing window has to be replaced with low-e double glazed glass if you look at the data below:

Quote Originally Posted by weez911
    Esta has quite a large area devoted to walkway/corridor in the individual unit. The living room is long and narrow.. The bathroom finish is not of good quality and the balcony is quite large. I would prefer to buy an OA unit after comparing the 2 projects.

Just a personal opinion. I have not bought any unit yet.
    In terms of walkway/corridor poor uitilization of space, OA is much worse. Study the floor plan in more detail & u would notice. Living room long & narrow? What r u talking abt? Esta living/dining room layout is similar to Ardmore Park which is wide & allow for maximum light to come into the unit even during dining. Large balcony for Esta? Why don't u measure the balcony size of the units & find out the percentage/proportion of balcony to total unit size b4 concluding.

I respect that u prefer OA to Esta. But pls try not to be too biased in your opinion. Tks.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    In terms of walkway/corridor poor uitilization of space, OA is much worse. Study the floor plan in more detail & u would notice. Living room long & narrow? What r u talking abt? Esta living/dining room layout is similar to Ardmore Park which is wide & allow for maximum light to come into the unit even during dining. Large balcony for Esta? Why don't u measure the balcony size of the units & find out the percentage/proportion of balcony to total unit size b4 concluding.

I respect that u prefer OA to Esta. But pls try not to be too biased in your opinion. Tks.
    Like I said before I would prefer layout of Esta to OA - better spaced. One has to imagine living there first (or actually live there) to draw a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by jc

Erm, if I cannot be biased with my own opinion (your last sentence) - as you have said this is my own opinion - are you going to sue me?

To pacify you, Esta is the best condo in Singapore, again my own opinion. Nothing comes close.

Without any vested interest in either, I personally find that Esta looks like HDB while OA with a lot of glass facades looks more upclass

Without any vested interest in either, I personally find that Esta looks like HDB while OA with a lot of glass facades looks more upclass
    Well, ur not staying in, else u will hate all the glasses when come to cleaning and the dirty look in months time