Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Esta Vs. One Amber

many developers using clear glass windows in the bathrooms with baywindows somemore

aiya..just frost it..dun cost much..no big deal

when not using the bathroom..open up the windows and let the sun shines in..bathroom feels and smell better

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    many developers using clear glass windows in the bathrooms with baywindows somemore

aiya..just frost it..dun cost much..no big deal

when not using the bathroom..open up the windows and let the sun shines in..bathroom feels and smell better
    u will need approval as it may affect the condo's outer facade.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    best is to frost it and put roller blinds if u really scare ppl see ur wifey bathing..
    I'm scared they see me bathing and doing unfathomable things to themselves during the peep show..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I'm scared they see me bathing and doing unfathomable things to themselves during the peep show..
    Maybe I miscommunicated... nothing dirty here...
    like people guauging out their eyes when they see something dirty.. puking.. etc etc... I'm not exactly a beauty ...

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    really ? they use *clear* glass ?

hmmm this is Mr Wee's UOL right .... ?
    So? UOL is very much a local company.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

These almost full clad glass buildings - Design and build wrongly. That is the opinion of Architect Mr Tay Kheng Soon, who had a SIA (Singapore Institute of Architects) Gold Medal Award.
    He said this in The Straits Times on 12 June 2010:
    "He reasons that local developers' preference for using foreign architects and the current trend of building glass and steel structures in Singapore's tropical climate are due to an inferiority complex".
    "On glass buildings, he declares that they are "damn stupid - just quote me on that - but they are stylishly stupid"".

Stupid to build such full clad glass buildings in tropical climate like in Singapore? May be not if the developers can sit and watch naked ladies bathing in the full-glass wall bathroom? May be not if can help contractors to generate more revenue since such glass buildings need more thermal insulation, turn on air-con all year round (more frequent air-con maintenance), more chance to replace these big glass panels when they crack and can charge much more than just plain windows (of smaller glass panels) etc?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    If you look at the different generation of private condos/apartments, glass facade has been becoming more popular. it has its pros and cons which some of you here have mentioned. HDB is still going for concrete because they have the volume and precast is faster and more economic for them. Architect has used a lot more glass now as people prefers good view and the small units will look bigger with glass than with concrete, brick or block walls. The only problem glass facade should be used at the right place and right type of glass should be chosen. Otherwise, consumers like ourselves will suffer in the long run. Design and build right should be the strategy.

Agree with Tay Kheng Soon's views. Nowadays every condo has all glass facade cum long narrow corridor design. 99% of new launch got the LONG CORRIDOR design. I feel like asking the developers to wake up their idea. Who wants to live in a long house with no depth? All glass and steel in our tropical climate? Sometimes I see these all glass structure being touted as "green" buildings and I really want to laugh.

Must check out his home/office at Dairy Farm to see got glass or not

If you like concrete so much, just walk naked in Orchard Road, then you end up in a all four walls concrete home with a small window called the Singapore Prison. It's free, no need to pay $2000 psf, plus food and clothings all provided. No maintenance too! And you work out in the fields daily like in a gym.

concrete best!!!

den HDB undervalued!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teddybear and wild falcon are big time Esta supporters!

They must have at least 3 units each in Esta!

Long live Esta! and Glory to Concrete!

OA has great facilities, landscape and "Unique Selling Point" layout. It looks stylish and provides a wonderful first impression. To top it up, it is much closer to future MRT Station and with all these pluses ... it will command a better ROI compared with Esta.