Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Esta Vs. One Amber

Thumbs up The Esta Vs. One Amber

Know sometimes you can't compare 2 properties directly. But since the 2 are neighbours and the $psf is around the same region, Esta lower of coz given that it TOP earlier. Which do you folks think makes a better investment or simply a better choice for staying?

ps: I have 'vested' interest in OA and i think the balcony layout in Esta is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    Know sometimes you can't compare 2 properties directly. But since the 2 are neighbours and the $psf is around the same region, Esta lower of coz given that it TOP earlier. Which do you folks think makes a better investment or simply a better choice for staying?

ps: I have 'vested' interest in OA and i think the balcony layout in Esta is pretty bad.
    personally ... I prefer Esta ...

simply becos .. its on a non major road .. Amber road
    compared to OA, which is by Tanjong katong rd .. which is much bigger and heavily traffic ..

i prefer esta
    prefer the layout ~~

can i cast my vote to The Sea View instead...

Cool

esta for me anytime!
    reason: much nearer to eateries and amenities.

Esta. Better layout.

One clear advantage for The Esta is there are only 4 units per floor. None of the units face each other. The living, bedrooms and bathrooms face outwards. The kitchens face each other, but their windows are staggered so that you don't see your neighbour. The entire layout of the units ensures privacy. I understand One Amber has 7 units per floor?

One Amber has a more impressive clubhouse - good for the ego I suppose, especially when you have guests. I know this sounds silly, but some people do feel like that. They live in a condo and they must impress???

I remember a survey was done during the Asian Financial Crisis on condo owners who were forced to sell their apartment because of financial difficulties. When asked what they missed most, the reply was they didn't miss the condo facilities because they were hardly used. The thing that was missed most was the condo address on the IC! Kind of a loss of face without that address. Instead of being in the top 17% of the population, the erstwhile condo owners were now among the mass. Asian societies are so shallow.

Back in 2006, when Esta and OA were both available in the market at the same time. Esta was completely sold out and OA, if not wrong still have more than 100 units.

I bot Esta for its practical internal layout. Units in OA are too close to each others and have a lot of wastage internally.

Of course, now OA is near completion, I like the OA buildings as more trendy looking.

But anyway, The SeaView is still the best among all.

I like the 4-units on one floor "point block" kind of layout. Not common in new launches any more You will realise that layout for such condos are more "squarish" and feels more like a home. Nowadays, many condos use an elongated corridor design which I really hate. even the units layout is like one long corridor - you walk in and start to walk horizontally from the halls to the rooms in a long corridor fashion and windows open on the same side. Since when people start building homes like a horizontal corridor?

Quote Originally Posted by Miow
    One clear advantage for The Esta is there are only 4 units per floor. None of the units face each other. The living, bedrooms and bathrooms face outwards. The kitchens face each other, but their windows are staggered so that you don't see your neighbour. The entire layout of the units ensures privacy. I understand One Amber has 7 units per floor?

One Amber has a more impressive clubhouse - good for the ego I suppose, especially when you have guests. I know this sounds silly, but some people do feel like that. They live in a condo and they must impress???

I remember a survey was done during the Asian Financial Crisis on condo owners who were forced to sell their apartment because of financial difficulties. When asked what they missed most, the reply was they didn't miss the condo facilities because they were hardly used. The thing that was missed most was the condo address on the IC! Kind of a loss of face without that address. Instead of being in the top 17% of the population, the erstwhile condo owners were now among the mass. Asian societies are so shallow.

Want nice address might as well buy landed...

I bought OA because I think there is enough space between the towers so the condo does not look at claustrophobic at Esta.
    OA being a new development looks better. In the long run I feel it will command a better premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Singers Property
    I bought OA because I think there is enough space between the towers so the condo does not look at claustrophobic at Esta.
    OA being a new development looks better. In the long run I feel it will command a better premium.
    agree on the claustrophobic part. esta's blocks look as if they are stacked very close to each other

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Want nice address might as well buy landed...
    I used to have this thinking and didn't understand why anyone would spend on a condo unit when a landed property cost the same. Then I saw how inconsiderate house owners tore down semi-detached houses at Tanjong Katong Rd (opposite to One Amber) and at Mountbatten Rd, and replace these houses with some monstrosities. If I were the owner of the other semi-detached house, I would cringe and cry as my property value would suffer. Who would want to buy a semi-detached house that is completely overwhelmed by the other half?

Likewise, you walk around and look at terraced houses. Some of the rebuilts are ridiculous with an oversized car porch. The rebuilding guidelines are loose. Most house owners have no taste and definitely inconsiderate. The Singaporean thinking is the bigger the better.

Unless you have money to buy a bungalow in the same area, I suggest sticking to a condo!

most youngsters prefer condo den landed nowadays...tats the trend.

landed is popular to some as it can pass on to future generations...however, youngsters dun tink tat way anymore

I used to have this thinking and didn't understand why anyone would spend on a condo unit when a landed property cost the same. Then I saw how inconsiderate house owners tore down semi-detached houses at Tanjong Katong Rd (opposite to One Amber) and at Mountbatten Rd, and replace these houses with some monstrosities. If I were the owner of the other semi-detached house, I would cringe and cry as my property value would suffer. Who would want to buy a semi-detached house that is completely overwhelmed by the other half?
    On the contrary, the other semi-detached's value will rise. It will help prospective buyers visualise what they can do if they rebuild.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate, 13 May 2010 4.49 pm
    most youngsters prefer condo den landed nowadays...tats the trend.

landed is popular to some as it can pass on to future generations...however, youngsters dun tink tat way anymore
    It's the lifestyles they have. Unless the landed they buy has a pool, otherwise where are they going to swim?

I believe passing land to the next generation is important but "where are you going swim" is even more important. In my opinion, landed with pools should be the highly-sought-after properties - not some basic landed houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    It's the lifestyles they have. Unless the landed they buy has a pool, otherwise where are they going to swim?

I believe passing land to the next generation is important but "where are you going swim" is even more important. In my opinion, landed with pools should be the highly-sought-after properties - not some basic landed houses.
    i guess tats our common goal in life isnt it? A nice GCB with own 25m lap(or even 50m) pool and garden

i ever see a bungalow fitted a 25m lap pool nicely b4

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i guess tats our common goal in life isnt it? A nice GCB with own 25m lap(or even 50m) pool and garden

i ever see a bungalow fitted a 25m lap pool nicely b4
    25m lap pool no point lor, wont be able to hv a proper lap swim... might as well swim at 50m public pool.

condo does have advantage in facilites, but need to share of cos.

I go for Esta.
    My impression of MCL land is they really consider every detail and design with own stay in mind. If there is any particular feature not as good in a unit as compared to the others (in the same project), they'll "compensate" with a better design or feature in another part of the unit. In this way each unit has its plus and minus.

I went for a viewing for a 4 bedder unit in Esta. I find the ceiling a bit low.

bought both but i still prefer esta. good points are been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Any idea what is height measurement?
    It looks like about 1 floor higher than HDB, e.g. it's 6th floor eqv to about HBD's 7th floor. I believe this is about the normal condo height. If not mistaken, it's about 2.9m vs HDB 2.2m.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Any idea what is height measurement?
    It looks like about 1 floor higher than HDB, e.g. it's 6th floor eqv to about HBD's 7th floor. I believe this is about the normal condo height. If not mistaken, it's about 2.9m vs HDB 2.2m.
    It feels shorter than 3m for sure. Maybe not even 2.9m.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    bought both but i still prefer esta. good points are been posted.
    Now I know what the green dots mean ... they're the properties in East Coast bought by Property_Owner!

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Did u measure the floor to ceiling height or just "feel" or measure with eyes? I believe it is at least 2.8m? Can anyone verify what is the floor to ceiling height?

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Did u measure the floor to ceiling height or just "feel" or measure with eyes? I believe it is at least 2.8m? Can anyone verify what is the floor to ceiling height?
    It is just a feeling I got. I may be wrong, so would be good if someone enlightens.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What is the height of those new condos now? It used to be at least 2.9x-3m but seems to be shorter and shorter for the newer launch now.

Measured floor to ceiling height - exactly 2.9M!

I'm on the dot. Anything lower might as well buy HDB.
    But I don't think that ceiling height is stated in the specs of any condo development. So I guess developer can always short change at will.

2.9 is quite a good height, isnt it?