Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Agree, Upper East Coast to Bedok South, Bayshore included.

Problem is, Bayshore area sellers are starting to price in the anticipation. Agents selling the area are already talking about future MRT....etc
    Heard about that as well, agents selling the area already talk as though they know the exact locations of the new stations. Also heard ERL from Marine Parade area thereafter is more likely aline closer to ecp, so it maybe immediate south of upper east coast road making use of the road and under the landed pty. If it have to turn inwards toward Bedok South and then run along towards Bedok camp, then the land besides Costa Del Sol and behind the Econ/childcare will see some lights. As it is there is a worksite doing some infrastructure behing the childcare sch over many many months already, and according to the URA Master Plan there is a new road from Bayshore Road running parallel Upper East Coast and ecp - there must be something happening there soon... what you think?

Yep, East Coast will see a transformation. But at current prices, the upside potential is limited. I think the biggest transformation will be in Upper East Coast leaading to Bedok South.
    The plot of land in the pic below is large enough for at least 5 x Costa Del Sol.

keenly anticipating the next URA masterplan to reveal the use of the site.

This piece of land is large enough for an integrated MRT, mall, housing etc. and its directly opposite the Bedok jetty and recently revamp beach park. On the current master plan there a new road runing south from the Bedok South road and into ECP may be two-directional to airport and city. I always feel there is something very big coming up on this land parcel, otherwise the infrastructure worksite at Bayshore road will not be there for so many months...

I remember seeing a plan somewhere depicting the area affected the flight path going into and out of Changi Arpt. It fans out after Laguna Country Club. It seems this area may be affected. This may mean that there may be restrictions on building height and type of development.

Default ERL Bedok South Stn interchange EWL at Tanah Merah Stn?

Ok this is just a rumour, just heard this from someone, wonder if anybody has heard or read something similar.

Was told by a source that the Bedok South Station may be further up more North than expected. This is to enable EWL to interchange with ERL at the Tanah Merah Station.

Bedok South Ave 3 Blks 47.48,49 and 50 went enbloc some years ago but instead of tearing them down to rebiuld new flats as thought, HDB has turned them into rental apts for foreign workers and students.

I used to think that HDB was profiteering from this exercise, but my source thinks otherwise. She explained that this was to cater for future plans to build a station in the vicinity in order to facilitate an interchange with Tanah Merah. Since the plans are not firm yet, the fate of these 4 blocks of HDB are still pending, thus HDB decided to rent them out in the meanwhile.

Can anybody verify or is this total hogwash? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    99lh status is holding me back....i duno how long the transformation will finally take place

And den those freehold further in r mostly smaller boutique apts n not so walkable to future mrt....i predict mrtwill be closer to the ecp
    if near to ecp then it's not worth building the mrt. there have to be near some residential and commercial area

Ok this is just a rumour, just heard this from someone, wonder if anybody has heard or read something similar.

Was told by a source that the Bedok South Station may be further up more North than expected. This is to enable EWL to interchange with ERL at the Tanah Merah Station.

Bedok South Ave 3 Blks 47.48,49 and 50 went enbloc some years ago but instead of tearing them down to rebiuld new flats as thought, HDB has turned them into rental apts for foreign workers and students.

I used to think that HDB was profiteering from this exercise, but my source thinks otherwise. She explained that this was to cater for future plans to build a station in the vicinity in order to facilitate an interchange with Tanah Merah. Since the plans are not firm yet, the fate of these 4 blocks of HDB are still pending, thus HDB decided to rent them out in the meanwhile.

Can anybody verify or is this total hogwash? Thanks!
    Tanah Merah Station as the interchange station is highly unlikely. There is just not enough real estate at the station to add an additional platform. But i will not be surprise if they expand Expo station as an interchange.

If you see the infographic from LTA, ERL would be a "standalone" service. Which will also means that apart from Expo station there will be another new train station to serve Changi Business Park.

Based on the 2008 Masterplan,. the entire area would be used for residential and well as an education purposes. Maybe they may have one plot as a mixed commercial residential at the area circled in Blue (just like West Coast Plaza). It will make a good location for a train station.

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    Tanah Merah Station as the interchange station is highly unlikely. There is just not enough real estate at the station to add an additional platform. But i will not be surprise if they expand Expo station as an interchange.

If you see the infographic from LTA, ERL would be a "standalone" service. Which will also means that apart from Expo station there will be another new train station to serve Changi Business Park.

Expo station is already going to be an interchange merging EWL with the proposed DTL3. Not sure if they can accomodate the ERL there as well.

Based on the 2008 Masterplan,. the entire area would be used for residential and well as an education purposes. Maybe they may have one plot as a mixed commercial residential at the area circled in Blue (just like West Coast Plaza). It will make a good location for a train station.

Yes totally agree, this would be an excellent spot. Based on the soil test sightings it seems the line will track there anyway.

Like I said, this was just a rumour.

But anyway just for discussion. If you go further up north on Bedok South Ave 3, you will see Bedok Court on the right and beside it is a land reserve. Opposite it are HDB flats. But if you look at the Masterplan, there are no HDB flats opposite it. The fate of these flats are actually put on hold.

The rumour is that this area is a possible site for Bedok South Stn. There is sufficient real estate there. Plus, it is going to be an underground station with walkways and escalators linking it to Tanah Merah (like Paya Lebar Station). It certainly is near enogh.

Recently there were LTA surveyors conducting land surveys in the open land and wooded area beside Tanah Merah MRT. Not URA but LTA, so this has revived the rumour again.

Yes totally agree, this would be an excellent spot. Based on the soil test sightings it seems the line will track there anyway.

Like I said, this was just a rumour.

But anyway just for discussion. If you go further up north on Bedok South Ave 3, you will see Bedok Court on the right and beside it is a land reserve. Opposite it are HDB flats. But if you look at the Masterplan, there are no HDB flats opposite it. The fate of these flats are actually put on hold.

The rumour is that this area is a possible site for Bedok South Stn. There is sufficient real estate there. Plus, it is going to be an underground station with walkways and escalators linking it to Tanah Merah (like Paya Lebar Station). It certainly is near enogh.

Recently there were LTA surveyors conducting land surveys in the open land and wooded area beside Tanah Merah MRT. Not URA but LTA, so this has revived the rumour again.
    yup but isnt that TOO CLOSE to tanah merah mrt to have any benefits...i would think our good govt would develop the UPPER east coast area and throw in a station somewhere along upper east coast road...

Based on plan, there is a Bedok South Station, so the line should turn inland. If a station is put up where radha08 hopes it will be (ie. opposite Temasek Sec Sch) then Bleu, Daffodil and Idyllic East can see a very big upside.

But nothing is concrete now, so bargains can still be had. A couple of years from now when firm plans are announced, prices will shoot 30% if the projections emulate Changi Green/Court following their MRT announcements.
    ha ha i only hoping cause i got my small HDB flat near there bought more than 10 years ago and die die never sell cause of rumour of ERL...

good that this thread is picking up. the ERL thread in D15 is at 60 pages already.

IMHO, those at are vested in D16 would want a station near their residence. The proposed Bedok South station will be the catalyst in developing the area. So the location will be closely watched.

I am vested in D16 too, particularly at the Eastwood area. I am just pining for the road extension to connect Bedok Road to ECP (City and Airport). This will make access so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    yup but isnt that TOO CLOSE to tanah merah mrt to have any benefits...i would think our good govt would develop the UPPER east coast area and throw in a station somewhere along upper east coast road...
    Ya lah, this is just a rumour at this point , ie. the area is slated to be developed into an interchange of lines. Maybe it is those Bedok Court residents spreading these rumours to enhance their property values... Ha ha

ha ha i only hoping cause i got my small HDB flat near there bought more than 10 years ago and die die never sell cause of rumour of ERL...
    Your area even without ERL is a nice place to live. Of course with ERL, icing on the cake. I know the few point blocks there opposite Temasek Pri near Parbury Hill (blocks 50+ something) very few willing to sell.

Anyway, good luck!

Your area even without ERL is a nice place to live. Of course with ERL, icing on the cake. I know the few point blocks there opposite Temasek Pri near Parbury Hill (blocks 50+ something) very few willing to sell.

Anyway, good luck!
    4 point blocks there 66 67 68 and 72....sigh sigh sigh few years ago i went to view price around 400k...neber buy...now 600plus...

4 point blocks there 66 67 68 and 72....sigh sigh sigh few years ago i went to view price around 400k...neber buy...now 600plus...
    Wah, really ar!
    I grew up in Blk 68 with the sea view and greenery, without the surrounding condos blocking it. In 1977 my parents bought it for $30K.
    I have very good memories of that place.

Good thread, keep it going .
    Compare to d15, erl in d16 is harder to guess, and there r no obvious high concn areas

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Good thread, keep it going .
    Compare to d15, erl in d16 is harder to guess, and there r no obvious high concn areas
    Yeah must keep this thread alive.

Ok, I am going to throw in a spanner on the speculation of the ERL. Below is what LTA posted on its website.

The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential restates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east.

I wonder how the Bayshore area fits into where the ERL is described to be serving. Any sightings of soil testing in that area anyone? Thanks

Uber338 advertise as near mrt ? Bayshore mrt ?where siglap mrt ? At siglap v ?

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Uber338 advertise as near mrt ? Bayshore mrt ?where siglap mrt ? At siglap v ?
    Yah.. I saw that too but in the more recent adverts that I have seen for uber388 any mention of the ERL or its stations have removed.

Yeah must keep this thread alive.

Ok, I am going to throw in a spanner on the speculation of the ERL. Below is what LTA posted on its website.

The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential restates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east.

I wonder how the Bayshore area fits into where the ERL is described to be serving. Any sightings of soil testing in that area anyone? Thanks
    yes, some soil testing at the bayshore area was spotted early this year. i posted this awhile back on the possible location of the ERL stations.

PM Lee announces the new E-R Line tonight when addressing the jam pack public transportation!
    yes, some soil testing at the bayshore area was spotted early this year. i posted this awhile back on the possible location of the ERL stations.

Really? ERL announcement tonight?

Huat ah , but too late to buy

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Really? ERL announcement tonight?
    Tonight, really... that will be good... ERL!!!

Got meh? Anyhow bomb!

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Tonight, really... that will be good... ERL!!!
    maybe he talking about....

erl=emergency response line....

Today I heard again that the Siglap station is going to be opposite Siglap Centre beside Axis@Siglap where the few blocks of old HDB one-roomers currently are. This is the 4th or 5th time I've heard this from different and unrelated sources.

This goes against the current speculation that the ERL is going to run its track along the Marine Parade Road all the way into Bayshore area, soil testing done in the last few months supports this possibilty.

Anybody heard the same as well? ie. Siglap Stn just opposite Siglap Ctr. instead of along Marine Parade.

Today I heard again that the Siglap station is going to be opposite Siglap Centre beside Axis@Siglap where the few blocks of old HDB one-roomers currently are. This is the 4th or 5th time I've heard this from different and unrelated sources.

This goes against the current speculation that the ERL is going to run its track along the Marine Parade Road all the way into Bayshore area, soil testing done in the last few months supports this possibilty.

Anybody heard the same as well? ie. Siglap Stn just opposite Siglap Ctr. instead of along Marine Parade.
    I think most likely will be near to VS, to support the beach goers as well
    and the big condo like MG, LV, LP..and the school