Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caspian vs New project (Beside Caspian)

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    i have a feeling Keppel will market it higher end segment, otherwise difficult to justify their 1k psf. Reflections at Jurong Lake
    caspian say 800psf, keppel say 1000psf. no matter how much higher end, i can take that 200psf and dress it up to showroom style plus grohe taps, toto WC, quartz marble top, etc. No mass market condo is going to provide you an elaborate ID. Even St Regis doesn't.

i'm not vested in caspian but if i wanted to stay in that area regardless of price, the decision should be pretty straightforward if i want my money to work the hardest for me.

appreciate for all experts view. will probably buy before price being push up again. checked with few agents still cannot find seller willing to let go at $850psf.....mostly asking for $900psf. seem like owners are holding on to their unit. is true that they have holding power and are willing to wait for the new launch to set the benchmark

Quote Originally Posted by RE_Owner
    appreciate for all experts view. will probably buy before price being push up again. checked with few agents still cannot find seller willing to let go at $850psf.....mostly asking for $900psf. seem like owners are holding on to their unit. is true that they have holding power and are willing to wait for the new launch to set the benchmark
    go hunt yourself, maybe your agent is trying to rip you off.

The fresh stuff will be the crash of the property market in China. Maids are even buying houses there...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    EU debt is old event liao...nid fresh stuff to trigger a crash.

Sure or not? I think some double bay subsales still below 850psf (2br).

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Sure or not? I think some double bay subsales still below 850psf (2br).
    i think should be the asking price but no taker

The buyers bought so low... they are unlikely to be in a "desperate" position. And when they look at Lakeshore beside it which is an older condo consistently hitting above $850psf, they will also ask for the same price lor. Would you consider the "older" resale condos if price tag is a big consideration? What about Lakeshore? It is one of those development where the "real" thing looks better than the showroom. Those who bought at $390psf really laffing to the bank. Or Parc Oasis? Or if you're really ONLY buying NEW launches, then you don't have much choice liao.

Actually I think the market has quieten a bit with the PIIGS crisis. There could be a window of opportunity if the crisis doesn't resolve but nobody knows for sure. $800psf - minimal downside because Lakeshore is consistently above $850psf. $900psf - downside of max $100psf. Can you stomach that? That's the question that only you can answer.

Hi guys,

Just want to have views on the 2 projects. Caspian is now selling above $800psf, would like to know from experts view what is the upside potential to buy caspian now. Will the price rise to the level of the new launch since caspian is just beside the new project. from below scenario, what is your choice when the new project launch?

Caspian vs New project (Beside caspian)
    1. Both are uncomplete project (TOP 2013)
    2. They are just beside each other
    3. Caspian is selling 10% below whatever price of the new project

Being a buyer, which project will you buy?

Thanks
    i'm pretty sure for the new units facing the lake i.e. those with lake view will be sold above $1000psf. if i'm buying, i will buy the lake view unit. u can see the lake plus the new city skyline of jurong east if it ever materialises. if im the existing owner of caspian, i will sell off my caspian unit to u and buy the new development with view

OASIS @ ELIAS only selling at 750-800psf now...mabe cheapest project in SG NOW?

if u only wan to stay in tat area...buy resale? or u can consider Northvale as i find it still undervalued...mabe still can buy below 600psf...(not vested, just recommended my fren to buy there recently) tot gd deal for self stay...CCK and Lakeside...same western area rite...gd luck in ur hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    i'm pretty sure for the new units facing the lake i.e. those with lake view will be sold above $1000psf. if i'm buying, i will buy the lake view unit. u can see the lake plus the new city skyline of jurong east if it ever materialises. if im the existing owner of caspian, i will sell off my caspian unit to u and buy the new development with view
    u goto check the URA masterplan first b4 u make this comment..there is another land parcel beside keppel's one tat will eventually blocked keppel's lakeview.

wana premium lakeview...try lakeshore...duno how much though..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Actually I think the market has quieten a bit with the PIIGS crisis. There could be a window of opportunity if the crisis doesn't resolve but nobody knows for sure. $800psf - minimal downside because Lakeshore is consistently above $850psf. $900psf - downside of max $100psf. Can you stomach that? That's the question that only you can answer.
    is this a joke? downside max 100psf? i wud say 600psf max downside.

don scare RE_owner leh........$600psf!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    don scare RE_owner leh........$600psf!!!!
    no choice la...first owners bot too low at 580-600psf mah...they can sell at breakeven prices is major crisis were to hit before TOP

tats how i sniff out firesale deals last yr...find those gg to TOP projects and whr 1st owners bot cheap cheap.

u goto check the URA masterplan first b4 u make this comment..there is another land parcel beside keppel's one tat will eventually blocked keppel's lakeview.
    if u look carefully enough, u will know tat this won't happen anytime soon

no choice la...first owners bot too low at 580-600psf mah...they can sell at breakeven prices is major crisis were to hit before TOP

tats how i sniff out firesale deals last yr...find those gg to TOP projects and whr 1st owners bot cheap cheap.
    Unlikely. They might as well stay in than sell at breakeven, most bought for self-stay anyway. Unless HDB resale market crash back to 2005/2006 level which is even more unlikely.

tat can only be found during downturn lor. now even those going to TOP soon they might not want to firesell. the fundamental is so strong, so no reason for them to sell low unless they cannot secure a loan

I mean downside of 100psf - which means say 850psf-100psf = 750psf as a bottom. But I guess 650psf is also a possibility if major crisis bah. But I think overall, if nothing earthshattering happens, should have some resistance at 750psf. That's just gut feel. Sometimes it's like stock market, today some of my stocks suddenly fall below by entry price - bo bian just hold on lor - as long as you're confidant that in the long term, it can hit above your entry price. And the threadstarter is buying for own stay right - buy for own use sometimes cannot use too much of the head but more of the heart. It's like buying a performance car to reward yourself - use too much of the head will never buy one. If for self-stay, the volatility in the market becomes even less relevant. But I sense the market has quieten down a bit in the primary market. There are quite a few pre-launch that has gone all quiet... the calm before the storm?

I believe caspian will lose out to other newer developments in the area. At least I'll consider those newer ones instead of Caspian. My impression is Caspian's "benchmark" (quality, design, etc) can be easily overtaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I believe caspian will lose out to other newer developments in the area. At least I'll consider those newer ones instead of Caspian. My impression is Caspian's "benchmark" (quality, design, etc) can be easily overtaken.
    newer? there are some in the area that are going for TOP after 2013?

tat can only be found during downturn lor. now even those going to TOP soon they might not want to firesell. the fundamental is so strong, so no reason for them to sell low unless they cannot secure a loan

tats y i mentioned 'IF major crisis happens b4 TOP'...if crisis happen after TOP...caspian downside risk will be max at mabe 750psf.

in my earlier post...i oredi urged all caspian owners DUN SELL NOW...hehe zero downside risk...unlimited upside potential....BAO HUAT

I mean downside of 100psf - which means say 850psf-100psf = 750psf as a bottom. But I guess 650psf is also a possibility if major crisis bah. But I think overall, if nothing earthshattering happens, should have some resistance at 750psf. That's just gut feel. Sometimes it's like stock market, today some of my stocks suddenly fall below by entry price - bo bian just hold on lor - as long as you're confidant that in the long term, it can hit above your entry price. And the threadstarter is buying for own stay right - buy for own use sometimes cannot use too much of the head but more of the heart. It's like buying a performance car to reward yourself - use too much of the head will never buy one. If for self-stay, the volatility in the market becomes even less relevant. But I sense the market has quieten down a bit in the primary market. There are quite a few pre-launch that has gone all quiet... the calm before the storm?
    K noted on the 100psf downside.

sometimes it is good for the market to consolidate (resting period) so tat it can climb up further. so, at least Mr Mah dun hf to implement new measures for the time being...EU oredi 'help' mah to save the trouble...

well, if really calm b4 a storm...i can always add a new member to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    any new development will be overtaken by the newer development, we definitley cannot catch up. the attractiveness of caspian is near mrt so no problem with rental.

Default Caspian vs New project (Beside Caspian)

any new development will be overtaken by the newer development, we definitley cannot catch up. the attractiveness of caspian is near mrt so no problem with rental.

anyway, there are many housings near MRT in Jurong east, lake side area...condos like lakeholmz, parc vista, parc oasis, centris, lake shore...coming caspian and keppel new dev, plus many many HDB flats...so yield may be low unless price bought is low...

just need more foreign talents to enter singapore... some are highly paid and can afford...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    anyway, there are many housings near MRT in Jurong east, lake side area...condos like lakeholmz, parc vista, parc oasis, centris, lake shore...coming caspian and keppel new dev, plus many many HDB flats...so yield may be low unless price bought is low...

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    just need more foreign talents to enter singapore... some are highly paid and can afford...

Most highly paid ones are in city area leh...and average ones will be quite choosy nowsaday as their have choices....so many condo and flats to choose..mostly filipino and chinese other nationals not so many at suburbs area...

anyway, although prices are high, genuine buyers who want to buy at this frward price are limited...so if a 2 room caspian can sell at S$800k or more as what others mentioned they have been propsed, let go unless for own stay...my point of view ...no offence....
    Last edited by peterng8; 19-05-10 at 08:47. Reason: fun

Most highly paid ones are in city area leh...and average ones will be quite choosy nowsaday as their have choices....so many condo and flats to choose..mostly filipino and chinese other nationals not so many at suburbs area...

anyway, although prices are high, genuine buyers who want to buy at this frward price are limited...so if a 2 room caspian can sell at S$800k or more as what others mentioned they have been propsed, let go unless for own stay...my point of view ...no offence....
    whats the hurry to sell. most caspian owners are for own stay. my feel is they can wait until the new launch. i believe the price will be pushed higher. of course if the owner ask for $900psf now definitely cannot sell lah. u are always very supportive that caspian price can rise further but now u are singing a different tone? have u already sold yr unit at below $800psf?

I think we should give credit to the Caspian buyers who bot from developer. They are the ones who entered the market at the height of the financial crisis and started the upward trend. They have guts and foresight. In short, I doubt anyone of them are that desperate to sell unless it has reached their selling price (whatever that is). It is an investment with minimal downside and substantial upside. Not forgetting it should fetch pretty decent yields as well at their entry price and holding cash is not exactly the most attractive option nowadays. They will only sell if the offer is too good to resist.

I think we should give credit to the Caspian buyers who bot from developer. They are the ones who entered the market at the height of the financial crisis and started the upward trend. They have guts and foresight. In short, I doubt anyone of them are that desperate to sell unless it has reached their selling price (whatever that is). It is an investment with minimal downside and substantial upside. Not forgetting it should fetch pretty decent yields as well at their entry price and holding cash is not exactly the most attractive option nowadays. They will only sell if the offer is too good to resist.
    i agree with you. salute to them. but that give me a hard time to sniff out good deal cos they have holding power. the recent cavaet lodge show the highest at $803psf. but i think this should be transacted maybe 2 mths ago cos the cavaet will always has a time lapse? a bit nervous that the price will shoot higher again.

whats the hurry to sell. most caspian owners are for own stay. my feel is they can wait until the new launch. i believe the price will be pushed higher. of course if the owner ask for $900psf now definitely cannot sell lah. u are always very supportive that caspian price can rise further but now u are singing a different tone? have u already sold yr unit at below $800psf?

Yeah hold hold I believe the price will reach S$1500psf in no time soon....yahoo....

Yeah hold hold I believe the price will reach S$1500psf in no time soon....yahoo....
    With the new development just beside, lake-view unit in Caspien would be blocked....the price increase might be affected for these units