Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caspian vs New project (Beside Caspian)

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    With the new development just beside, lake-view unit in Caspien would be blocked....the price increase might be affected for these units
    agree the lakeview will be block but who knows the new launch will also be block in future. so the best bet is to buy pool view.....need not worry of block view. actually even with lake view will you sit there and watch the view everyday? anyway the lake is jus a few steps away. probably when the developments in jurong kicks in, it will be great to walk there to feel than to view the lake at the balcony....

actually, if you really want to buy caspian or the new development condo, just go for it.

its your money and we are talking abt hundreds of thousands....if you cant decide what to do with your hundreds of thousands, who can?

even if you listen to some of the pl here, if anything what they say dun turn out, its you are the ones who got burnt and not them....we only talk ad discuss, you make the final decision.

I have a 2cents opinion too..if those condos in the jurong west or lake site area are going to shoot up to 900 to 1000psf...how abt those condos nearby...?

When that times come, ppl who really wanna buy district 22 will look into nearby condo and price will follow...

of course, when it decrease, those will lock in too....

so ask yourself, you are buying for staying or investment? think harder only if yoiu decide to invest and flip..

Work on $200million mall at former jurong entertainment centre has started, come with olympic size ice skating rink. another boost for jurong area...........

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    With the new development just beside, lake-view unit in Caspien would be blocked....the price increase might be affected for these units
    for rental, most highly paid ones are in city area leh...and average ones will be quite choosy nowsaday as their have choices....so many condo and flats to choose..mostly filipino and chinese other nationals not so many at suburbs area...

anyway, although prices are high, genuine buyers who want to buy at this frward price are limited...so if a 2 room(around 900sqft) caspian can sell at S$800k or more as what others mentioned they have been propsed, let go if for investment UNLESS for own stay...my point of view ...no offence....

Govt released new land for DBSS and private development. Looking at historical transaction, the prices will NOT be low because of current benchmarks. Turnaround time is about 5 years for these to be ready and developers currently have little land left, so i reckon bidding will be intense.

Current EU problem is slowing transactions but not at levels once experienced during US subprime. Once EU recovers, property prices in Spore will continue it's upward momentum. Mass mkt condos might see prices in region of S$1200psf because there are still people who have problems getting their hands on a HDB flat for locations far far away.

We could be worried after 5 years when all newer developments are ready/TOP but with Jurong/Lakeside masterplan, we are very much secured. For me, i will hold my unit and sell at acceptable level. I may even hold until TOP and re-enter market after saturation kicks in. Hopefully by then i will get a chance to buy a bigger unit at Caspian.

There are 18 sites on the confirmed list.

IMHO, the likely scenario is that the developers will concentrate their firepower on some hot sites (lest they run out of cash when too many bids become successful). I think the hot sites will still be at current benchmarks or higher. However, the cold sites will probably be bidded at a lower price compared to current benchmarks.

Let's wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Govt released new land for DBSS and private development. Looking at historical transaction, the prices will NOT be low because of current benchmarks. Turnaround time is about 5 years for these to be ready and developers currently have little land left, so i reckon bidding will be intense.

Current EU problem is slowing transactions but not at levels once experienced during US subprime. Once EU recovers, property prices in Spore will continue it's upward momentum. Mass mkt condos might see prices in region of S$1200psf because there are still people who have problems getting their hands on a HDB flat for locations far far away.

We could be worried after 5 years when all newer developments are ready/TOP but with Jurong/Lakeside masterplan, we are very much secured. For me, i will hold my unit and sell at acceptable level. I may even hold until TOP and re-enter market after saturation kicks in. Hopefully by then i will get a chance to buy a bigger unit at Caspian.

There are 18 sites on the confirmed list.

IMHO, the likely scenario is that the developers will concentrate their firepower on some hot sites (lest they run out of cash when too many bids become successful). I think the hot sites will still be at current benchmarks or higher. However, the cold sites will probably be bidded at a lower price compared to current benchmarks.

Let's wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel

Look at today's news. MCL won tender for Hougang site, $456psf ppr. This like this 99 year leasehold development would be selling at higher than $1000 psf.

Recent launches of FH in vicinity transacted in Q1 2010:
    1. D'Pavilion $930psf
    2. Residences Botanique $1000psf
    3. Wembly Residences $870psf
    4. Kovan Residences, 99yr leasehold $900psf.

Looks like low interest rate, fall in shares, EU problems... all made buying property in Spore a safer bet/investment. End of the day must have holding power too.