Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caspian vs New project (Beside Caspian)

Default Caspian vs New project (Beside Caspian)

Hi guys,

Just want to have views on the 2 projects. Caspian is now selling above $800psf, would like to know from experts view what is the upside potential to buy caspian now. Will the price rise to the level of the new launch since caspian is just beside the new project. from below scenario, what is your choice when the new project launch?

Caspian vs New project (Beside caspian)
    1. Both are uncomplete project (TOP 2013)
    2. They are just beside each other
    3. Caspian is selling 10% below whatever price of the new project

Being a buyer, which project will you buy?

Thanks

personally i think is worth buying if it is $800psf becos the chance of capital appreciation is high. simply becos of jurong lake development which already trigger action and the benchmark is already set by kepland at $1000psf. if comparing caspian with new launch i think i will go for caspian. a 10% discount can be $100psf which work out to at least $100k saving for a 1000sf size. afterall both are new!

Quote Originally Posted by RE_Owner
    Hi guys,

Just want to have views on the 2 projects. Caspian is now selling above $800psf, would like to know from experts view what is the upside potential to buy caspian now. Will the price rise to the level of the new launch since caspian is just beside the new project. from below scenario, what is your choice when the new project launch?

Thanks
    choose bwteen the 2...caspian lor...

but if u get ard 850psf...potential downside will be ard 650psf for worse scenerio as 1st owners can breakeven at 650psf easily.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    choose bwteen the 2...caspian lor...

but if u get ard 850psf...potential downside will be ard 650psf for worse scenerio as 1st owners can breakeven at 650psf easily.
    sigh!!! actually i called a few agents......quite impossible to get $800psf liao. now seems like there are no seller they are holding on the unit. i heard there are people asking for $900~950psf

Between caspian and the next one, not much of a difference as both will be blocked.

The next next one which will be facing the lake unblock will be different...so will be the price.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Between caspian and the next one, not much of a difference as both will be blocked.

The next next one which will be facing the lake unblock will be different...so will be the price.
    Actually is the lake view really that important? afterall is still not seaview wat. if no lakeview is better to go for pool view. guarantee unblock pool view.

i agree....owners are asking quite high price. tats why still thinking to get one now before the price go up again or should wait for the new launch

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    sigh!!! actually i called a few agents......quite impossible to get $800psf liao. now seems like there are no seller they are holding on the unit. i heard there are people asking for $900~950psf
    if going for S$900 to S$950, than the studio will be going above S$1000psf to S$1100.... I am also waiting for new one to see their layout and landscape design...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    if going for S$900 to S$950, than the studio will be going above S$1000psf to S$1100.... I am also waiting for new one to see their layout and landscape design...
    $900 to $950psf is only asking price which i think will not achieve now. it may be possible in a few months down the road. But to achieve that kind of price will also depend whether the bank willing to match that price. if bank do not want to match that price, how is the buyer going to buy.

... tats why still thinking to get one now before the price go up again or should wait for the new launch
    900 is ridiculous.

with the current europe crisis, the market sentiment will turn sour.

U really HAVE to buy now ? I think can wait a while. Not that there is no supply in this area. once upon a time, Lakeshore takes ages to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    900 is ridiculous.

with the current europe crisis, the market sentiment will turn sour.

U really HAVE to buy now ? I think can wait a while. Not that there is no supply in this area. once upon a time, Lakeshore takes ages to sell.
    wanted to find one in that area. when i saw kepland snap up that piece of land at $499 and probably sell at $1000psf got a bit nervous that if i don get now i might need to pay more for either the new project or caspian (by the new launch, the price might go up further maybe at 10% discount against new project). lakeshore is also selling abt $900psf even it is an old condo.

this europe crisis don seem to have much impact. my feel is no matter what they will continue to pump $ to prevent a double dip.

EU debt is old event liao...nid fresh stuff to trigger a crash.

it's the sentiment that matters. in mid/late 2009, stock market was going up in a straight line. story of recovery is everywhere. this helps the pty buying trend. now, equities are swinging up/down and with no sign of bottoming. SG pty market is very much sentiment driven. with an atmosphere like this, near term should see transaction volume dip. when that happens, sellers will want to lock in profit and start to be reasonable. Developer needs at least 6months minimum to prepare a launch, I think you still have time. There is no reason to pay for a forward price now. 900 is the forward price when Keppel Land launches their site.

$900 to $950psf is only asking price which i think will not achieve now. it may be possible in a few months down the road. But to achieve that kind of price will also depend whether the bank willing to match that price. if bank do not want to match that price, how is the buyer going to buy.

yeah, that is another reason I am waiting for the new one to see first...maybe at that time...the story may be different ....

caspian....
    Last edited by peterng8; 14-05-10 at 20:24. Reason: fun

that is a gimmick a lot of agents are using, telling people the next project launched beside caspian would bring up caspian's price. if you look at the 2 bedders for caspian, all facing track, how is it worth it to pay $800psf or more for a unit facing the track. The big units facing away from track have such a high quantum that one would be better off parking money elsewhere in D15, 12 or some other better districts. I think the hype in the lake district area is just temporary until people start waking up to their senses and buy into better districts which are non-industrial, unlike jurong. I sincerely think that only idiots would pay $900k for projects like centris when the project not only looks damn ugly, but in a lousy industrial location as well.

I tend to agree. One of the furthest places away from town, and not in a recreational zone...I'll park my money elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    that is a gimmick a lot of agents are using, telling people the next project launched beside caspian would bring up caspian's price. if you look at the 2 bedders for caspian, all facing track, how is it worth it to pay $800psf or more for a unit facing the track. The big units facing away from track have such a high quantum that one would be better off parking money elsewhere in D15, 12 or some other better districts. I think the hype in the lake district area is just temporary until people start waking up to their senses and buy into better districts which are non-industrial, unlike jurong. I sincerely think that only idiots would pay $900k for projects like centris when the project not only looks damn ugly, but in a lousy industrial location as well.
    y so fed up...

Old Dunearn property fetching about $1k persqft.
    So near town.

Now Jurong also going tat price.

So which one better.....

Do consider to look/compare elsewhere.

Rather compare those side by side for investment...

precisely. an old project in a better district is anytime better than a new project in a lousy district if both going for almost the same psf

Quote Originally Posted by Latio
    So near town.

So which one better.....

Quote Originally Posted by Latio
    So near town.

So which one better.....

those resale old condos need ppl like u to buy up their hse

precisely. an old project in a better district is anytime better than a new project in a lousy district if both going for almost the same psf
    right - 3 rules of property

location location location

those who bought 2 room less than 500K now selling at 600K ++ to 700K++ should be smiling

money keep in the pocket warm warm and sleep song song and dont need to consider or worry....

but the big question is how high can Caspian go with upcoming launch beside caspian? You may want to share your insights with us pertaining to this million dollar question...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    those who bought 2 room less than 500K now selling at 600K ++ to 700K++ should be smiling

money keep in the pocket warm warm and sleep song song and dont need to consider or worry....

Hi guys,

Thanks
    i would definitely go for the cheaper option and get an ID to dress up the place with the money saved. one is raw walls, other is showroom feel, both at the same total cost. how difficult a decision can that be?

but as what regulator rightfully pointed out, what's the amount of upside from here? if it's for self-stay, then maybe the numbers matter a little less. if i stretched my imagination a little i can probably force myself to accept a place that isn't selling over 1k psf for suburban location.

no point keep saying new launches r overpriced...

just go out there and grab those nrby resale if u tink they r at a bargain.

pricing too subjective...location aso subjective.

its like orchard new launches 3k psf...some say too ex..some say best location, some say buy resale at 2-2.5k better....nvr ending..

mabe better to discuss Pros and Cons of a project rather den attacking on the pricing

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    no point keep saying new launches r overpriced...

just go out there and grab those nrby resale if u tink they r at a bargain.

pricing too subjective...location aso subjective.

its like orchard new launches 3k psf...some say too ex..some say best location, some say buy resale at 2-2.5k better....nvr ending..

mabe better to discuss Pros and Cons of a project rather den attacking on the pricing

FCL and Keppel will probably have a fairly homogeneous offering. and given that both is expected to TOP at the same time, i think the common sense would be to buy the cheaper of the 2.

That is definitely true from a financial point of view.

However, life is not just about money, and I'm getting a bit envious of the many people here excitedly discussing about their new properties, eagerly awaiting their TOP and inspecting their modern wardrobes which do not look like "coffins".

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Looks quite OK to me.

At least it's better than the wardrobes that come with most of the properties I buy, which look something like this ...

omg, tat look like a coffin more then wardrobes....

LOL....the wardrobe is funny. it would remind you that u cannot carry ur properties into the coffin. cash out on ur profit when the time is ripe and enjoy it before u meet ur maker.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    That is definitely true from a financial point of view.

However, life is not just about money, and I'm getting a bit envious of the many people here excitedly discussing about their new properties, eagerly awaiting their TOP and inspecting their modern wardrobes which do not look like "coffins".

Hmm still promoting your D15 and D12 in other threads? If the person is looking to buy D22 for whatever reason, perhaps you should comment on this district instead of asking the person to buy your D15 or D12? Why call people who buy Centris "idiots"? No need to resort to name callling. They could be happy in their Centris - let's not judge that people buy your D15 is genius and D22 is idiot.

Very hard to answer your question. Value is very subjective isn't it? If you're strictly looking at this area and Caspian is selling at $800psf today and you think it is worth $800psf, then just go ahead and buy. I don't think you should keep waiting for new launches to appear in the area. Most condos have roughly the same layout and facilities any way. But I must caveat that there are some recent launches or pre-launch that are not doing well (but not in this area though). I giuess at the end of the day, it's your own judgment call on whether prices will continue to head up. And $800psf doesn't seem to be an "out-of-this-world" price IMHO. Lakeshore has hit those prices right?

And I can see other "remarks" saying the place is very "industrial" and price will collapse and asking you to buy D15 or D12, just ignore them lah.

Hi guys,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    FCL and Keppel will probably have a fairly homogeneous offering. and given that both is expected to TOP at the same time, i think the common sense would be to buy the cheaper of the 2.
    i have a feeling Keppel will market it higher end segment, otherwise difficult to justify their 1k psf. Reflections at Jurong Lake