Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Sail @ Marina Bay (D1, 99 years, City Developments Limited)

THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 1 2,880,000 883 Strata 3,263 May-10

I saw some 2bedders going for less than 1800psf. Am I missing anything? Or it's pure gimmick?

Carpark facing.

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    I saw some 2bedders going for less than 1800psf. Am I missing anything? Or it's pure gimmick?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Nightmare at Marina Bay again!
    I wonder how residents around there get around with these nuisance? I definitely can't live with such nuisance........................ (residents there are 2nd class to all the F1 and visitors. Imagine the security problems etc over there. )
    ------------------------------
    F1 road closures around Marina Bay kick in

By yahoosingapore – September 22nd, 2010

The F1 road crunch is back.
    Starting from Wednesday, several roads around the Marina Bay area will be closed to prepare for this weekend’s Formula One Singapore Grand Prix.
    The closures will take place in phases to minimise the inconvenience to the public and motorists as much as possible but the Land Transport Authority has warned of traffic delays during this period.
    Nicoll Highway,Esplanade Drive,Republic Boulevard, Bayfront Avenue, and Temasek Avenue — between Raffles Boulevard and Raffles Avenue — will be open for one-way through traffic toward the city during the morning peak hours (5 am to 9.30 am) from Wednesday till Friday.
    On Saturday, only Nicoll Highway and Esplanade Drive will be open for one-way through traffic into the city from 5 am to 9.30am.
    Several ERP gantries will not be in operation during this period as they might interfere with sensitive video transmission equipment used for the race.
    The gantries along New Bridge Road, South Bridge Road, ECP (eastbound) from Ophir Road, Temasek Boulevard and Republic Boulevard will also be affected.
    The LTA has also advised motorists not to stop along the one-way roads, and to obey the traffic advisory signs and directions from the auxiliary and Traffic Police officers on duty.
    Although the road closures are only set to kick into full effect nearer the weekend – one-to-two days later than in previous years – already there have been some complaints.
    Channel News Asia reported that many motorists were caught unaware when they travelled to Marina Bay on Tuesday morning and were caught in a snarling traffic jam, especially along the section of Beach Road leading to Stamford Road.
    Some motorists blamed the traffic gridlock on the lack of publicity and information.
    “Traffic today is a bit (chaotic). Maybe they can publish more street directions on the routes for the cars,” one motorist told CNA.
    A letter by Fong Meng Wah published in The Straits Times Forum section on Tuesday also disputed claims that this year’s road closures are being better managed.
    “Sure, the road closures run only from Sept 22 to 5am on Sept 28, but there have been single-lane closures, for example, along Republic Avenue, since Sunday,” he said.
    “These have resulted in traffic jams not only on Sunday, but also on Monday during peak hour. A single-lane closure on a two-lane road will result in a traffic jam. It is not the answer to better traffic management,” he added.
    Members of the public can go to LTA’s website at www.lta.gov.sg or call 6738 6738 for more details on the road closures around Marina Bay.

Yup, traffic was hell from last night. I would think it took me half an hour just to make 1 km.. can you imagine that? Avoid these roads if you can.

Traffic was terrible last night Avoid this area for a few days whatever you do. Walk & take MRT would be 1000000000 times better!

is only the Esplanade and Suntec side, the Bay area not affected leh.

The buildings at the Bay area will be viewed by millions of people around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    The buildings at the Bay area will be viewed by millions of people around the world.
    Does it help?

The traffic congestion is terrible! It makes me feel like taking the MRT instead of driving.

It's only 3 days in a year. Bear with it. I enjoyed driving thru there with all the floodlights on even in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Does it help?

The traffic congestion is terrible! It makes me feel like taking the MRT instead of driving.

3 days when the traffic condition is a nightmare and 362 days when traffic condition is still very bad.

It's only 3 days in a year. Bear with it. I enjoyed driving thru there with all the floodlights on even in the morning.

ERP rate will go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    3 days when the traffic condition is a nightmare and 362 days when traffic condition is still very bad.

ERP along CTE already hits >$6 during peak period but traffic still a nightmare! So ERP has shown to be a lousy solution to control traffic (but an excellent one for generating extra revenue). May be ERP of $100 per crossing will help?

ERP rate will go up.

ERP along CTE already hits >$6 during peak period but traffic still a nightmare! So ERP has shown to be a lousy solution to control traffic (but an excellent one for generating extra revenue). May be ERP of $100 per crossing will help?
    tax the 'rich' to help to build MRT mah

whats new?

i already said thats how our govt works

COE failed to curb car population, implement ERP

erp failed , raise fee .. again , and again ..
    fail? add more erp

but you drive Ambulance right ? no need to pay ERP mah ...

hehhe sorry joking...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    whats new?

fail? add more erp
    its fair system la....nobody force u to drive. as i said...tax those who drive and build MRT for others less fortunate

now trying to raise COE by limiting the supply....raise to 100k best
    ERP go up to $100 i largi happy....all ppty near MRT will boom

Don't play play. They are going to implement the satellite-based ERP system. Next time the moment you travel out of your house, you start paying ERP! (So encourage everyone stay at home to be more "productive". ).
    Also, even if you want to travel in/out of Singapore also must pay e.g. $1000 ERP because Singapore too over-crowded liao!
    Drive F1 car also useless (not to mention Ambulance............... )

but you drive Ambulance right ? no need to pay ERP mah ...

hehhe sorry joking...

Don't play play. They are going to implement the satellite-based ERP system. Next time the moment you travel out of your house, you start paying ERP! (So encourage everyone stay at home to be more "productive". ).
    Also, even if you want to travel in/out of Singapore also must pay e.g. $1000 ERP because Singapore too over-crowded liao!
    Drive F1 car also useless (not to mention Ambulance............... )
    another 1mil immigrants coming soon....imagine 10% of them buy car...

satellite-based ERP system very soon

Someone has to pay for the cost of all the public projects like transportation infrastructure, etc. GST will be going up too.

Someone has to pay for the cost of all the public projects like transportation infrastructure, etc. GST will be going up too.
    GST might up by next July

COE will definitely work because it's a quota system. It's due to poor estimation of deregistration and unrealisatic allowable yearly vehicular increase that render it a useless tool. In short, poor management of a tool that should work perfectly.

whats new?

fail? add more erp

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Any commercial property players? Pay GST right?

With these measures, I understand some had switched from condo to commercial units. Anyone does that here?

better start stocking up big ticket items like watches and cars

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Any commercial property players? Pay GST right?

With these measures, I understand some had switched from condo to commercial units. Anyone does that here?

We have a couple of HDB shophouses. Didn't pay any GST. No need to pay GST unless you are buying from a GST registered entity (person or company).

Even if you pay GST, u can claim it back if you register as a GST entity (e.g. set up GST registered company). Downside here is the complexity and the fact that when you sell it, your future buyer will have to do the same if they want to claim back the GST. Buyers generally don't want the trouble.

These two shophouses are proving to be pretty good investments, giving around 7.5% gross yield. Almost recession proof too. Looking around for more, but prices have risen somewhat. Units on the market usually offer around 5-6% gross yield nowadays...

VISITORS will soon be treated to another spectacular multimedia show by the waterfront.

Set against the backdrop of the towering Marina Bay Sands hotel, the Marina Bay Sands' US$15 million (S$19 million) light and water show, Wonder Full, at the Marina Bay Promenade is set to rival Resorts World Sentosa's Crane Dance.

The Crane Dance, which opened last month, is a nightly 10-minute show at the waterfront of Resorts World Sentosa, featuring a pair of mechannical 'dancing' steel cranes.

Sands' Wonder Full, which is a play on the song, It's A Wonderful Life, will feature a brilliant display of laser, light, water and graphics in a 13-minute show that can be seen within a 3.5-km radius of the Marina Bay Promenade. This means people can see the show from locations such as the Esplanade's waterfront and One Fullerton bay.

Two shows will run daily from Sundays to Thursdays, and three free shows will be on each Friday and Saturday. Like the Crane Dance, these shows are free. The opening date has yet to be confirmed.

Wonder Full aims to take its audience on a moving journey through life, with scenes from birth to teenage life to parenthood. The story is told through the use of giant water screens, vibrant multicoloured lasers, high-definition video projections, LED lighting, surround sound and special effects.

Read the full report in Tuesday's edition of Life!

its fair system la....nobody force u to drive. as i said...tax those who drive and build MRT for others less fortunate

now trying to raise COE by limiting the supply....raise to 100k best
    ERP go up to $100 i largi happy....all ppty near MRT will boom
    agree and add 1 more point - encourage OPC ?

Default The Sail

last transacted at $1699 psf for 800+ area size...dun believe check URA website...OMG !!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulho77
    last transacted at $1699 psf for 800+ area size...dun believe check URA website...OMG !!!
    Is this:
    A) lack of holding power?
    B) anticipation of rising interest rates?
    C) the beginning of a trend?

Quote Originally Posted by paulho77
    Yes!! Last time launch price $8XXpsf only.. if the seller bought direct from the developer initially.. now make 100% lor.. OMG!!