Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenwich @ Seletar (99 by Far East Organisation)

Default Greenwich in Seleter

Drive past yesterday afternoon and seems that the showflat is packed
    with people. Anybody know how is the response so far ?

response is very good. For the launched units (FEO really holding back 4 blocks), all 2/3 bds sold, and 1bd left like a dozen.
    Personally I'm very impressed by FEO's effort to single handedly transform a whole area. This area of Seletar has nothing. FEO wants to create a "town center". And it created this project, hoping to lift up the whole area. $1300-$1400 psf is being achieved. And all the agents there are "teaching" the visitors "look this is a good investment" ! 50% of the entire project are 1bds. I wonder how many buyers are being "educated" into buying for investment (800-900k for a 1bd, so basically any one can "invest").

Quote Originally Posted by pupboy
    Drive past yesterday afternoon and seems that the showflat is packed
    with people. Anybody know how is the response so far ?
    Being told by an agent that it is the hottest project of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    response is very good. For the launched units (FEO really holding back 4 blocks), all 2/3 bds sold, and 1bd left like a dozen.
    Personally I'm very impressed by FEO's effort to single handedly transform a whole area. This area of Seletar has nothing. FEO wants to create a "town center". And it created this project, hoping to lift up the whole area. $1300-$1400 psf is being achieved. And all the agents there are "teaching" the visitors "look this is a good investment" ! 50% of the entire project are 1bds. I wonder how many buyers are being "educated" into buying for investment (800-900k for a 1bd, so basically any one can "invest").
    prices for 1bedder was actually 7xxk after discount....add another 50k or so for ground flr loft 1bedder....however, i still prefer the 3bedders if i were to invest over there

but nobody answer my qn yet...

will u pay more for extra ceiling height such as loft units

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    prices for 1bedder was actually 7xxk after discount....add another 50k or so for ground flr loft 1bedder....however, i still prefer the 3bedders if i were to invest over there

but nobody answer my qn yet...

will u pay more for extra ceiling height such as loft units
    Yes I would. For me, buying a property is not just about the land area, but the cubic area. For a 500sq feet room with 2.8M height will feel much less livable than one with 3 to 3.5M height.

There is no guideline now - people usually pay more for 'feel good' loftier units but we consider that as a premium than as an actual standard.

Perhaps in future psf takes into account 3 dimensions as well...

talk about hard sell...a couple of agents were staking out the jln kayu prata place this morning handing out greenwich leaflets...

Just bear in mind that FEO is not good at retail - most of its shopping malls and food outlets are epic fail. Just look at Orchard Central.

It already has. Most loft unit's airspace will be counted as the floor area of the unit. I won't invest in a loft unit unless there is enough airspace to build up half a mezzanine - or else 3 meters ceiling is actually good enough. But I notice most of the new condos only have perhaps 2.7m ceiling? They seem very low.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Yes I would. For me, buying a property is not just about the land area, but the cubic area. For a 500sq feet room with 2.8M height will feel much less livable than one with 3 to 3.5M height.

There is no guideline now - people usually pay more for 'feel good' loftier units but we consider that as a premium than as an actual standard.

Perhaps in future psf takes into account 3 dimensions as well...

drove by there, was told phase 1 sold out, nothing to browse there until they launch phase 2.

Default Greenwich in Seletar Area

You mean the Showflat is closed and will only be opened when Phase 2 is
    officially launch ?

According to The Straits Times,

"Another 94 units of the 319-unit project were sold following the start of a private preview on Aug 2, when it moved 80 units. It has sold 174 homes in total, with the average price achieved rising to $1,025 per sq ft from $980 psf last Monday.

Nearly half of the units sold have been one-bedroom units of 603 sq ft and 721 sq ft, priced from $657,000 to $850,000.

Far East said it was on course to launch the project early next month."

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    According to The Straits Times,

"Another 94 units of the 319-unit project were sold following the start of a private preview on Aug 2, when it moved 80 units. It has sold 174 homes in total, with the average price achieved rising to $1,025 per sq ft from $980 psf last Monday.

Nearly half of the units sold have been one-bedroom units of 603 sq ft and 721 sq ft, priced from $657,000 to $850,000.

Far East said it was on course to launch the project early next month."
    FEO agt told me they gona keep the rest until nearing TOP.....

FEO agt told me they gona keep the rest until nearing TOP.....
    Demand too overwhelming for this project! Cannot wait till TOP oredi lah

the "village" will open Q4 2011....

Problem with FEO projects is that you always have to buy it during preview. If you buy later, they will reduce the discount and the price will go upat crazy increments.
    I actually wanted to get Vista Residences at Balestier but by the time I decided, it was already past the preview stage and now they are selling at 1400 psf which is ridiculous price but yet people are buying.

Anyone here can advise on the potential of this project? What do buyers see in it? Another Tree House Project ? Ulu location but with potential for growth?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Anyone here can advise on the potential of this project? What do buyers see in it? Another Tree House Project ? Ulu location but with potential for growth?
    dun tink u can find any GW buyer here....

ask any FEO agt lor...haha

dun tink u can find any GW buyer here....

ask any FEO agt lor...haha
    What you mean by GW

GW buyers seem to be swayed by the less than $1m quantum amount. A 99LH development in this area at about $1000psf w/o mrt stn is really unbelievable. It is even more unbelievable to be snapped up during preview. FEO has set another new standards in this area. Maybe it is good for us as it shows that property in the prime area more undervalue.

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Problem with FEO projects is that you always have to buy it during preview. If you buy later, they will reduce the discount and the price will go upat crazy increments.
    I actually wanted to get Vista Residences at Balestier but by the time I decided, it was already past the preview stage and now they are selling at 1400 psf which is ridiculous price but yet people are buying.
    1400 can buy many other places...

if you stayed at seletar long enough, you will understand why the area is worth this value, is a very quiet and unique place for living as compared to other suburbia area.

good location for own stay, rental and investment is yet to be proven..

i believe most buyers there are looking for a home whether than for rental or investment.

ps. i may be wrong

Heard tat Greenwich offered up to 16 percent disc and yet still 1099psf nett for a 603 sqft at the 1st launch.

Tat is high price but is normal for FEO projects though...

Might as well go Scala with mrt and much nearer to town...

I am not a SCala agent..

Quote Originally Posted by rios
    if you stayed at seletar long enough, you will understand why the area is worth this value,
    I agree. this is a peaceful place, gd for own stay, and relax...
    For this reason I went to look see look see...

i believe most buyers there are looking for a home whether than for rental or investment.
    this is decisively incorrect. most of the buyers have to be buying for investment. 50% of the entire projects are 1bds. Less than 10% are 3 bds. How to be "most for home stay" ? every FEO agent in the show room is telling people "good investment".

and most buyers have Seletar addresses. so it must be their play pad...

this is decisively incorrect. most of the buyers have to be buying for investment. 50% of the entire projects are 1bds. Less than 10% are 3 bds. How to be "most for home stay" ? every FEO agent in the show room is telling people "good investment".

agree that seletar is a nice play to live ..

but i would prefer landed ... and use Greenwich's shopping facilities ... as oppose to living in Greenwich ..

It will be better to get a FH Landed property around seletar if one is thinking of own stay. Driving to and fro from CBD is a challenge in the morning and late evening.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It will be better to get a FH Landed property around seletar if one is thinking of own stay. Driving to and fro from CBD is a challenge in the morning and late evening.

good as retirement abode .. nice quiet surrounding ... and has GW shopping heheheh

I also think Greenwich is positioned as a catchment area for the potential tenant from the Aerospace hub.

Someone was also talking about this hub when he bought Estuary. Tenants will choose which development?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Someone was also talking about this hub when he bought Estuary. Tenants will choose which development?

estuary got reservior view ...

GW has greenery

easier to travel from GW to aerospace hub than Estuary