Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Let's see whether CDL can sell all the 1 & 2-bedder over the weekend

For Cube 8, I believed the 1 & 2-bedder were all snapped up on the day of preview.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Let's see whether CDL can sell all the 1 & 2-bedder over the weekend

For Cube 8, I believed the 1 & 2-bedder were all snapped up on the day of preview.
    Design wise - This is better than Cube 8 but too bad no skypark. Sentiment - Not very good due to uncertainty

Design + Sentiment = Sold out?

as usual, anyone going down do keep us updated. but i think it would be u since u have already expressed interest in getting one?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Design wise - This is better than Cube 8 but too bad no skypark. Sentiment - Not very good due to uncertainty

Design + Sentiment = Sold out?

Despite the negative sentiment and market uncertainty, I think Huttons should have collected many many cheques. Let's wait and see how many of these cheques will turn into purchases

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    as usual, anyone going down do keep us updated. but i think it would be u since u have already expressed interest in getting one?
    I will go kaypoh this Friday but only in the late afternoon

that's a good time to go if u r not keen to buy, then can get the latest sales no. after a whole day of snapping up.

I will go kaypoh this Friday but only in the late afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    that's a good time to go if u r not keen to buy, then can get the latest sales no. after a whole day of snapping up.
    Sometimes better ones are available later though more expansive.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...93729,00.html?

Published July 7, 2010

UOL, CDL to release condos for preview this week

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

AT least two new condos are expected to be released this week - 368 Thomson and The Terrene @ Bukit Timah.

Terrene: The 999-year leasehold project will have 172 units, ranging from one bedders (starting from 505 sq ft) to five-bedroom penthouses (of up to 3,025 sq ft)

UOL Group and LaSalle Investment Management are jointly developing The Terrene on the former Rainbow Gardens site in the Toh Tuck/Jalan Jurong Kechil area.

The 999-year leasehold, 5-storey project will have 172 units, ranging from one bedders (starting from 506 sq ft) to five-bedroom penthouses (of up to 3,025 sq ft). It will be close to two green lungs - Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Bukit Batok Nature Park - and about half a kilometre from the Beauty World MRT Station, which is being built.

Prices of typical units are expected to be in the $1,200-1,400 psf range. However, one bedders could touch around $1,500 psf. Ground floor apartments with private enclosed areas could be priced closer to the $1,000 psf mark, BT understands.

In October last year, UOL announced it had taken a half-share in the Rainbow Gardens site, which had been bought by the LaSalle Asia Opportunity II fund in a collective sale a few years earlier.

Terrene is being marketed by Knight Frank and Jones Lang LaSalle.

For UOL, the preview of The Terrene follows the virtual sell-out of its Waterbank at Dakota, a 616-unit condo fronting Geylang River and next to Dakota MRT Station. The 99-year leasehold condo's launch in April was timed with the opening of the station.

Over in the Balestier/Thomson Road area, City Developments Ltd is getting ready to preview 368 Thomson later this week on the former Concorde Residence site.

Prices in the 36-storey freehold development are expected to range from $1,300-1,500 psf. The condo's 157 units range from one-bedders to penthouses, with unit sizes of 689 sq ft to 3,391 sq ft. The project is being marketed by Huttons.

Meanwhile, over in the Bedok Reservoir location, Frasers Centrepoint and Far East Organization have sold 93 of the 150 units released since June 25 at the Waterfront Gold condo. The average price for the 99-year leasehold project is $950 psf. Waterfront Gold comprises 361 units and will be the first condo in Singapore to feature a skypark. This will be on the roof of the 15-storey project.

Property consultants say home sales are still slow, with many potential buyers still glued to the World Cup, which ends in the wee hours of Monday next week. More developers are then expected to begin releasing projects again.

'Buyers will do their homework and evaluation, but the good thing is that the Singapore stock market has still fared relatively better than some overseas markets,' notes DTZ executive director (consulting) Ong Choon Fah.

'The underlying desire to buy a private residential property here is still there among owner occupiers and local investors, as there's still a lot of liquidity. And our market is quite unique, with a large part of our population living in public housing, which provides a natural feed to the private housing market,' she added.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    land quite big but no tennis court...
    I have noticed most of the drawings developers have produced are not to scale.

When I looked at some development brochures you will noticed the condo building itself is rather small compared to the land area. Once they start building the land area disappears and is taken up by most of the condo.

Isn't this misrepresentation?

they always say it's not to scale. as long as in your own mind, you know what to expect, and best to just work on that assumption, that they'll max out every sq inch of land...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What to expect when they can also draw an MRT station and say future MRT station? (when nobody knows whether any will really be built there or nearby or not)? To be fair, it should be proportional (albeit not to exact scale) but what is fairness in this world and do they really care?

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I have noticed most of the drawings developers have produced are not to scale.

When I looked at some development brochures you will noticed the condo building itself is rather small compared to the land area. Once they start building the land area disappears and is taken up by most of the condo.

Isn't this misrepresentation?

Default What is the motivation to buy 368 Thomson

Can anyone share what is the motivating factors to buy this property for investment? I know there is a hospital nearby..but that seems to be it.
    Are there any expected development eg MRT nearby, offices, industrial park etc..What are the chance for rental in this area for foreigners?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Knight
    Can anyone share what is the motivating factors to buy this property for investment? I know there is a hospital nearby..but that seems to be it.
    Are there any expected development eg MRT nearby, offices, industrial park etc..What are the chance for rental in this area for foreigners?
    No motivation to shut about
    very bad traffic noise, population, not a walking to distance, very cramp, price too high, land too small

But.... I notice 1-2 bedder at Cube8 was snapped up quite quickly...surely there must be some reason.. anyone has a clue?

If the price is 1300- 1500psf, one can consider Emerald Garden @ Club Street, a 999LH in District 1 with the new telok ayer mrt stn just 100m away. No traffic noise and walking distance to raffles place.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Never like places near Chinatown because of its checkered past and still continue to be. Emerald Garden was once so cheap. Will it continue to hold up or slip back again to its older days? Nobody knows. + Emerald Garden building very ugly (although those "traditional chinaman" will say nice!
    Telok Ayer & Chinatown used to be for 'coolies', never associated with 'class'.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    If the price is 1300- 1500psf, one can consider Emerald Garden @ Club Street, a 999LH in District 1 with the new telok ayer mrt stn just 100m away. No traffic noise and walking distance to raffles place.

Was told that the pricing will be 1200-1400psf.

Preview Releases: 12 Floors of 60 units
    1st Phase Released Floors:
    - 4th to 8th
    - 14th to 16th
    - 23rd to 24th
    - 30th to 31st

Stack b2 high floor looks quite ok. Because of the slightly curved exterior and orientation, i think should only get partial west sun into the balcony and rooms. Wall facing thomson road, so should block out a bit of noise fm there, and some distance separates it from balestier road.

Floor plan looks ok. A large-ish balcony to me, but some ppl like that. Planter is in balcony, bay windows for both rms, but no household shelter. So a bit of give and take la. Otherwise quite standard.

I'm not too sure about how accessible it is, how easy to get to the expressways. Need to recce a bit. Traffic will be a problem i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    Was told that the pricing will be 1200-1400psf.

Preview Releases: 12 Floors of 60 units
    1st Phase Released Floors:
    - 4th to 8th
    - 14th to 16th
    - 23rd to 24th
    - 30th to 31st

Stack b2 high floor looks quite ok. Because of the slightly curved exterior and orientation, i think should only get partial west sun into the balcony and rooms. Wall facing thomson road, so should block out a bit of noise fm there, and some distance separates it from balestier road.

Floor plan looks ok. A large-ish balcony to me, but some ppl like that. Planter is in balcony, bay windows for both rms, but no household shelter. So a bit of give and take la. Otherwise quite standard.

I'm not too sure about how accessible it is, how easy to get to the expressways. Need to recce a bit. Traffic will be a problem i'm sure.
    i rec sms stating prices from 9xxk

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Knight
    But.... I notice 1-2 bedder at Cube8 was snapped up quite quickly...surely there must be some reason.. anyone has a clue?
    Cube 8 was previewed to the public on 22 Jan during probably the height of the MM hype. You are right - all the 1-2 bedders snapped up on the first day of preview launch.

I believed the 3 bedders were sold out by Jan followed by all the 4 bedders in February. Currently, only 3 penthouses remained unsold.

As such, I thinked there was general interest then in Cube 8 besides its MMs. If not, the 3-4 bedders (costing between $1.6-2.6 million each) would not have moved so fast.

Cube 8 was previewed to the public on 22 Jan during probably the height of the MM hype. You are right - all the 1-2 bedders snapped up on the first day of preview launch.
    it has always been a hype of MM units since last yr with alexis started the trend. now MM units still hype. affordability mah

i rec sms stating prices from 9xxk
    ya i got the same thing. Say 1+Study 689sqft x 1400psf = $964.6k liao lor.

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    ya i got the same thing. Say 1+Study 689sqft x 1400psf = $964.6k liao lor.
    $1400 psf is for which floor? The lower ones or the upper ones?

lowest! 1+study was quoted FROM 1400psf...

i rem cube8 1bedder from 1300psf...but size only 560sqft which is 7xxk....this one 200k quantum difference for a cannot make it study area

guys pls go for 368 2bedders....dun waste ur $ on the 1+study

sorry i just agar-ing, not talking abt any specific floor.

Beware the MM units once they TOP. Too much supply and demand may not be there.

MM units less than $500k are mainly for low class tenants. Geylang D14 etc

MM units between $500k to $750k for middle class tenants

MM units about $750k are for richer tenants.

MM units for self stay?

2 Groups of buyers of MM as 2nd property. 1st property is usually for self stay.

1. With HDB including EC's - not likely they will move in
    2. Without HDB, even more unlikely unless it is a new lifestyle.

I would stay away from MM units at all cost unless it is in the heart of the financial district, serviced by MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    Beware the MM units once they TOP. Too much supply and demand may not be there.

MM units less than $500k are mainly for low class tenants. Geylang D14 etc

MM units between $500k to $750k for middle class tenants

MM units about $750k are for richer tenants.

MM units for self stay?

2 Groups of buyers of MM as 2nd property. 1st property is usually for self stay.

1. With HDB including EC's - not likely they will move in
    2. Without HDB, even more unlikely unless it is a new lifestyle.

I would stay away from MM units at all cost unless it is in the heart of the financial district, serviced by MRT.
    all 1bedder==MM units? if its a 1bedder in a big devt...it is a gd buy...jus like the seaview, park inifinia etc...can sell and rent out very easily

my point of view of MM is less den 400sqft

all 1bedder==MM units? if its a 1bedder in a big devt...it is a gd buy...jus like the seaview, park inifinia etc...can sell and rent out very easily

my point of view of MM is less den 400sqft
    Yes, there a diff there... beware of those that are soley MM units.... u know what I mean, in areas filled with MM units.

If it is just 1 bedder in a big and proper condo devt... not as bad.

Anyway even the worst property also have a base price, and can fulfil the basic roof over head need. There's will be some who will stay in it.

Actually is there a standard as to how small is considered MM?

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    Actually is there a standard as to how small is considered MM?
    I think Micky Mouse unit is coined by dunno who to refer to any condo unit (2-bedder and below) that is less than 1000 sq ft.

not so exaggerated. to me, MM is studio below 500 sq ft and 2 bedder below 800 but even that is now too high. many studios are below 400 (current record low is 2xx sq ft) and many 2 bedders below 700 these days.

i think 2 bedders above 800 sq ft are quite ok, can't really call them MM.

2 bedders between 800 and 1000 sq ft had been quite common among established developers even in 2006 before MM craze.

I think Micky Mouse unit is coined by dunno who to refer to any condo unit (2-bedder and below) that is less than 1000 sq ft.