Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

1BR (with complete living & kitchen) - usually 700+/- sqft. (<600 sqft probably too small).
    2BRs - usually 900+/- sqft. (<800 sqft probably too small).
    3BRs - usually 1100+/- sqft. (<1000 sqft probably too small).

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    not so exaggerated. to me, MM is studio below 500 sq ft and 2 bedder below 800 but even that is now too high. many studios are below 400 (current record low is 2xx sq ft) and many 2 bedders below 700 these days.

i think 2 bedders above 800 sq ft are quite ok, can't really call them MM.

2 bedders between 800 and 1000 sq ft had been quite common among established developers even in 2006 before MM craze.

not so exaggerated. to me, MM is studio below 500 sq ft and 2 bedder below 800 but even that is now too high. many studios are below 400 (current record low is 2xx sq ft) and many 2 bedders below 700 these days.

2 bedders between 800 and 1000 sq ft had been quite common among established developers even in 2006 before MM craze.
    But then they are many in this forum who deemed the 2-bedders at Cube 8 (893-926 sq ft) & The Concorde (872-883 sq ft) as MM units

to me, they are not MM, just small units by big developers. MM are those boutique developer who slice and maximise their profits. projects which are full of almost totally 1, 1+1 or 2 bedders. e.g.
    Centra studios 1 bedroom 344 sq ft, 1+1 377sq ft.
    Leicester Suites 1 bedroom 452 sq ft, 1+study 764 sq ft
    tivoli grande 1+1 560 sq ft 2Br 700 sq ft (old design including planter/bay window)
    loft @ rangoon 1 bedroom 409sq ft
    studios @ tembling 1bedroom 355sq ft, 1+study 538, 2br 463?!?!?!, 2+study 657
    La Brisa 1 bedroom 409, 1+study 452, 2br 517, 3br 603.

just to name a few of the recent MM launches.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    But then they are many in this forum who deemed the 2-bedders at Cube 8 (893-926 sq ft) & The Concorde (872-883 sq ft) as MM units

but its very rare to see 1BR (not 1+1) that is 6xx sq ft. even established developers in pre MM days, Park Infinia, Tribeca, City Square, Regency Suites, Southbank even the old UE square all 5xx sq ft which i think is still acceptable. 1+1 i agree 6xx min. i agree with u for the other 2 types.

but given that for new designs without planter and bay windows, maybe can give them some leeway if their design is good but so far i haven't seen any particularly impressive designs sigh. most simply made the air con ledge bigger to make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    1BR (with complete living & kitchen) - usually 700+/- sqft. (<600 sqft probably too small).

Default Stay Clear!

To me.. i don't care how many rooms or study or what not. I look at absolute size.

Anything below 500 sqf is a MM unit to me.. (my own definition, since no industry standard) mostly you see 4xx and 3xx sqf for that.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+M...07-172323.html (Same standard stated)

The increase in sales volumes for units with an area of 500 sq ft or less has intensified in recent months, and helped swell overall residential sales this year, said the report, which looked at sales volumes of such units since 1995.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Ho+Bee...ing+situation/

With some developers recently banking on tiny units to fuel property sales in a recession, some are alarmed that Singapore's living environment might take a turn for the worse. Ho Bee Investment chairman and CEO Chua Thian Poh has stepped out to slam the concept of "mickey mouse" apartments:

"When you buy a 200-300 sq ft unit off-plan, you may not realise how small it is. But when you see the finished product, you'll know how cramped it is. It's not very liveable. I would rather stay in Housing Board flats."
    Ho Bee Executive director Ong Chong Hua also added,

"Those who do shoebox apartments will tell you there's a rental market for such units. But if I'm a single expat, assuming I want to live in this kind of shoebox apartment development, then I must also consider the profile of the people who'll be my neighbours. I think it is only natural to assume they'll not be the normal neighbours you would expect in a typical housing development."

but its very rare to see 1BR (not 1+1) that is 6xx sq ft. even established developers in pre MM days, Park Infinia, Tribeca, City Square, Regency Suites, Southbank even the old UE square all 5xx sq ft which i think is still acceptable. 1+1 i agree 6xx min. i agree with u for the other 2 types.

but given that for new designs without planter and bay windows, maybe can give them some leeway if their design is good but so far i haven't seen any particularly impressive designs sigh. most simply made the air con ledge bigger to make more money.
    alexis design quite impressive

oh ya...waterbank 2/3bedder quite impressive too. especially the 3bedder...only 11xxsqft but spacious living and bedrooms

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

My below figures not applicable for those with big big planter areas + bay windows. Must add these eaten up space in if present - meaning if planter areas + bay windows take up 100 sqft, then min will need to add another 100 sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

Icon studios quite impressive as well...5xxsqft very spacious living hall.

yeah, those were the 500 sq ft days by major developer. these days boutique ones really considered MM. but CDL is leading the charge towards MM among the major developers, their units started shrinking and space wastage increasing in the process since still has planter and bay windows in their designs.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

The official website is up... complete with groovy music.
    http://www.cdl.com.sg/368thomson/

i remember checking out park imperial showflat, the MM unit is 3xx sqft inclusive of balcony. Not livable IMO...
    sorry to PI owners if u read this.

2 bedder 818 sqft at Suites@central ... has balcony also ..

after putting in sofa set .. can barely move around .. have to forgo dining table..and use island as part of dining ( people will tell u thats norm) ..
    one of the bedroom can put a table + PC .. and a mattress (rolled up) ..

to each his own .. to me 2 bedroom must be at least 1000 then its livable ..

you can say ..its lifestyle etc .. to me ..i wont compromise comfort .. why pay 1.8 mio for a 818 sqft at prime (suites in this case) ..and rental only 4k ?

home is the most popular destination ... everyone has to go there

so it has to be comfortable ..

not knock over this and that .. no place for storage, no this no that .. so what if its HYPE, HIPPED, whatever ..

after 2 yrs .. get married .. have baby .. then upgrade to a 3 bedroom of 1000 sqft ???

why dont just buy a 1500 sqft old 3 bedroom ..when it is cheaper than the MM in prime ? not that the rent is good ..

personally, i also prefer at least 1000 sq ft for 2 bedder. but i think as a baseline as to be considered MM or not, 800 is my baseline liao, below that is MM. eg if the design has a smaller balcony than suites @ central, no planter/bay window, i believe it may be efficient enough to be "liveable" if it is designed well.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    2 bedder 818 sqft at Suites@central ... has balcony also ..

after putting in sofa set .. can barely move around .. have to forgo dining table..and use island as part of dining ( people will tell u thats norm) ..
    one of the bedroom can put a table + PC .. and a mattress (rolled up) ..

to each his own .. to me 2 bedroom must be at least 1000 then its livable ..

you can say ..its lifestyle etc .. to me ..i wont compromise comfort .. why pay 1.8 mio for a 818 sqft at prime (suites in this case) ..and rental only 4k ?

home is the most popular destination ... everyone has to go there

so it has to be comfortable ..

not knock over this and that .. no place for storage, no this no that .. so what if its HYPE, HIPPED, whatever ..

after 2 yrs .. get married .. have baby .. then upgrade to a 3 bedroom of 1000 sqft ???

why dont just buy a 1500 sqft old 3 bedroom ..when it is cheaper than the MM in prime ? not that the rent is good ..

I think Micky Mouse unit is coined by dunno who to refer to any condo unit (2-bedder and below) that is less than 1000 sq ft.

personally, i also prefer at least 1000 sq ft for 2 bedder. but i think as a baseline as to be considered MM or not, 800 is my baseline liao, below that is MM. eg if the design has a smaller balcony than suites @ central, no planter/bay window, i believe it may be efficient enough to be "liveable" if it is designed well.

agree ...

thats why i go for old projects ANYTIME ...

in 5 yrs .. my OLD condo will be 5 yrs older ..
    the 2 bedder at Suites 818 sqft owner will be looking for bigger unit ...

i can then sell him my 1200 sqft 2 bedder .. he can add partitions to make if a BIG 3 bedder by his MM standard

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    agree ...

thats why i go for old projects ANYTIME ...

in 5 yrs .. my OLD condo will be 5 yrs older ..
    the 2 bedder at Suites 818 sqft owner will be looking for bigger unit ...

i can then sell him my 1200 sqft 2 bedder .. he can add partitions to make if a BIG 3 bedder by his MM standard
    y sell? jus keep till enbloc lor

this aptly describes what City dev has been doing lately, from hundred trees to scala.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

UOL layout still good! but they no longer aims to sell out? past projects like SB, P11 and even WB r priced at market can bear and achieve sell out in a short time frame. but this terrene...

Area seems generous, eg 3 bedder at 1302 sqft (121 sqm). But the location seems to be neither here nor there. Not so suitable for family with young kids. Though good for those planning to have kids as Thomson Medical is just opposite.

u are forcing me to bring out the duchess residences e.g. priced above market still sold most of it pretty quickly, so maybe they expect the same for Terrene? its a bukit timah thinghy for UOL hehehe. Meadows@Pierce also priced above market mah, also sold quite fast.

UOL layout still good! but they no longer aims to sell out? past projects like SB, P11 and even WB r priced at market can bear and achieve sell out in a short time frame. but this terrene...

If a project sellout within short time, there must be something wrong with the pricing of the project.

Wonder what is the situation at the 368 Thomson preview launch now

thought u going down this evening? can't wait? now so curious liao? call your agent and ask?

Wonder what is the situation at the 368 Thomson preview launch now

It actually depends on the individual lah. If one has a spartan lifestyle with only some clothes and shoes, then maybe 500sq ft is considered "spacious". If one is the everything-also-want-to-experiment type, then 500 sq ft would be a challenge to store your precious bike, shoes collection, clothes collection, bags collection, guitar collection, musical instruments, wine collection, books, luggage, antiques collected from overseas, gadgets, rollerblade, wakeboard, dogs etc. Of course you can build a lot of wardrobes to "hide" all these thing but it will make the living space even smaller. I know of 2-bedders with 800 sqft that does without a dining table and must eat dinner on sofa. At the end of the day, its how much one wants to sacrifice for the sake of staying in the city. And of course a bigger place means you can renovate your place better to reflect your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    It actually depends on the individual lah. If one has a spartan lifestyle with only some clothes and shoes, then maybe 500sq ft is considered "spacious". If one is the everything-also-want-to-experiment type, then 500 sq ft would be a challenge to store your precious bike, shoes collection, clothes collection, bags collection, guitar collection, musical instruments, wine collection, books, luggage, antiques collected from overseas, gadgets, rollerblade, wakeboard, dogs etc. Of course you can build a lot of wardrobes to "hide" all these thing but it will make the living space even smaller. I know of 2-bedders with 800 sqft that does without a dining table and must eat dinner on sofa. At the end of the day, its how much one wants to sacrifice for the sake of staying in the city. And of course a bigger place means you can renovate your place better to reflect your style.
    single, stay alone, hardly cook and hate housework...500sqft more den enuff

Apparently, response is pretty good over at 368. Heard most or all of the 2 bdrms are already gone. Anyway, I'm going down in about an hour's time or so to check out what's happening.

then u can check whether its most or all of the 2 bedrooms "of those released" or "of the entire project" are gone LOL.

looks like forumers taking devilplate's recommendation seriously again and buying up all the 2 bedders instead of the 1+1.

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    Apparently, response is pretty good over at 368. Heard most or all of the 2 bdrms are already gone. Anyway, I'm going down in about an hour's time or so to check out what's happening.

single, stay alone, hardly cook and hate housework...500sqft more den enuff
    I also single, planning to stay alone, hate housework...have to make do with a 398sqft studio....

ALL 2BEDDERS R GONE!!!!!!

plenty of 1bedder untouched. all units r released for sale.

next best stack will be the 3bedder but quantum is a turn off ...ard 1.7mil+ for high flr...psf wise still ok at ard 13xxpsf and u must love the sun!

isit true tat ppl grabbing the 2bedders after reading my comment...haha

on my way back hm, i saw D Mira and i drop by...less den 5min i left the showflat...lol

then u can check whether its most or all of the 2 bedrooms "of those released" or "of the entire project" are gone LOL.

looks like forumers taking devilplate's recommendation seriously again and buying up all the 2 bedders instead of the 1+1.
    All bro, all 2 bdrms gone, including those supposed to be later phase. That's 60ish units there. High floors went for over 1500psf. I'm surprised actually. Thought can stroll in in the afternoon n pick n choose haha.