Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I suppose unaffected property owners are OK with that since it also comes with another about 10-15% appreciation in property prices due to the improved infrastructure.
    I think price and rental will dip 10-15% during construction, and probably gain back to the market level after that with no additional premium. Afterall it is an expressway with the associated costs of COE, ERP, tax etc. Not exactly an infrastructure that brings significant benefits to most residents (e.g. children, grandparents, non-driving friends or relatives), but only to the drivers who need the expressway. Just look at what CTE did to the condos beside it.

Seems like residents of The Arte are having the last laugh afterall. Cheapest and biggest of the 3, yet not affected by the construction.

Default 368 Thomson

Not sure if Arte can be compared here...its district 12..

Would the swimming pool or tennis court that was supposed to be some distance from the roadside suddenly end up right next to the roadside?

I'm not so familiar with their layout. But 200sqm does sound like quite a lot.

I suppose unaffected property owners are OK with that since it also comes with another about 10-15% appreciation in property prices due to the improved infrastructure.
    Why would properties appreciate 10-15%?

Where exactly is the infrastructure improvement to the residence in the area since there are in fact very few up and down ramps along Thomson road area.

Care to elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I think price and rental will dip 10-15% during construction, and probably gain back to the market level after that with no additional premium. Afterall it is an expressway with the associated costs of COE, ERP, tax etc. Not exactly an infrastructure that brings significant benefits to most residents (e.g. children, grandparents, non-driving friends or relatives), but only to the drivers who need the expressway. Just look at what CTE did to the condos beside it.
    Did we see properties prices along Farrer road and Bukit Timah road drop 15% during the MRT circle line construction and now for DL respectively?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

There are a set of up-ramp and down-ramp between a 1.5-2km stretch with Novena Square somewhere in the middle still not enough?
    With the new NSE, you can reach ECP within 3 mins from Novena Square!

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Why would properties appreciate 10-15%?

Where exactly is the infrastructure improvement to the residence in the area since there are in fact very few up and down ramps along Thomson road area.

Care to elaborate

There are a set of up-ramp and down-ramp between a 1.5-2km stretch with Novena Square somewhere in the middle still not enough?
    Can you help quantify how a driver residing around the NSE going to the CBD will benefit and likewise coming back from CBD?

With the new NSE, you can reach ECP within 3 mins from Novena Square!
    I think it may take more than 3mins to get to the nearest downramp at Bukit Timah road from Novena Square;-)

Did we see properties prices along Farrer road and Bukit Timah road drop 15% during the MRT circle line construction and now for DL respectively?
    You mixed up MRT with expressway.

You drive at 20 kph?

I think it may take more than 3mins to get to the nearest downramp at Bukit Timah road from Novena Square;-)

368Thomson or formerly known as Concorde

Both cube8 and 368thomson will need to have alternative entrances
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Think with NSE it will only take about 6 mins to drive from Novena Square to Raffles Place via ECP if traffic is smooth.

Can you help quantify how a driver residing around the NSE going to the CBD will benefit and likewise coming back from CBD?

I don't think the entrances would be moved. That'll reflect very badly on the part of the developer's planning.

But it is precisely the entrances at Thomson road that make these two condos district 11.

Just read today's newspaper. I'm more pessimistic than the analysts

Building of NSE may hurt prices of nearby properties
    Work on expressway could also affect rents, say analysts
    By Cheryl Lim

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_734865.html

roperty prices and rents of some Novena and Thomson properties along the construction route of the North-South Expressway (NSE) could be hurt by the project, but only during construction, say analysts.

On Tuesday, the Government announced that 21 private properties will have part of their land acquired to develop the 21.5km expressway. Aside from this, dozens more homes will be hit by noise, dust pollution and traffic diversions that typically plague large-scale projects.

These may deter prospective buyers and could lead to a 3 per cent to 5 per cent drop in property values, said some analysts. The impact would depend on the property's location and whether the nearby portion of the expressway is above or below ground.

The construction could also derail an attempt by owners at Novena Ville to mount a collective sale.

Credo Real Estate, marketing agent for the site, said less than 1 per cent of the development's land area is being acquired by the authorities and that this will not lessen the plot's redevelopment potential.

However, industry watchers point out that developers are wary of buying this type of site as they do not like to launch a new project in the thick of construction chaos or at lower prices.

Newer projects will not be spared either. City Developments' (CDL) Cube 8 project will have 89.6 sq m shaved from its total land area while another 239.1 sq m will be taken from its 368 Thomson project.

Responding to queries from The Straits Times, a CDL spokesman said it is too early to determine exactly how owners will be compensated for the loss of the common space, but more details will be released soon.

He added that the group does not anticipate any significant impact on the projects' construction process. Both are slated to receive their temporary occupancy permits (TOP) in 2014, a year before major construction of the expressway begins.

While well-built homes can command higher prices after they have received their TOP, the expressway's construction means that owners wishing to sell will have to adjust their pricing expectations, said Dennis Wee Group director Chris Koh.

Profits can still be made, but the inconvenience from the building works needs to be factored into the selling price, he said.

Resale properties may also be affected. Mr Ku Swee Yong, chief executive of International Property Advisor, believes properties along the construction route in the Novena and Thomson area could underperform the overall private housing market by perhaps 10 per cent.

Rents will be hit as well, with potential tenants expected to shy away from homes located close to construction sites.

'In the case of Farrer Road, when road work was being done for the Circle Line, the entrances of developments like Spanish Village and Gallop Gables were a mess. It creates a bad impression of the place even before the potential tenant has seen the room or the unit,' said Mr Ku.

More clarity will be needed before any firm forecasts on prices or rents can be made, said some market observers, with others already predicting that prices of properties along the expressway could jump after its completion as owners market it as an attractive feature of their properties.

[email protected]

Isn't this what people living in prime areas want? Even better & faster road networks, less traffic? People living in prime properties can't afford cars and COE and ERP and road tax?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

Think the boundary setback should be about 2m, along Thomson Road, so not likely to affect the main entrances.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I don't think the entrances would be moved. That'll reflect very badly on the part of the developer's planning.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Isn't this what people living in prime areas want? Even better & faster road networks, less traffic? People living in prime properties can't afford cars and COE and ERP and road tax?
    I dun consider tt area prime. Staying near e entrance or exit of expressway is not always a blessing. Near but not at my backyard.

Think with NSE it will only take about 6 mins to drive from Novena Square to Raffles Place via ECP if traffic is smooth.
    '

Ok but I think more adjacent areas of residence with quick access to downramp and upramp will also benefit;-)

Looking at the site plan, the 1+S will be fine. The 2 bedder owners will be xian.

'

Ok but I think more adjacent areas of residence with quick access to downramp and upramp will also benefit;-)
    Depends on where exactly is the exit of your residence and the ramps. For example, Thomson 800 have entrance ramp and exit ramp just a short distance away. However, Sky@Eleven doesn't seem to have easily accessible entrance and exit ramps going in a convenient direction even though the NSE is passing very near to them (the old nursing home just outside their development being demolished for it).

2 recent 1+study subsale, both facing the arte.

368 THOMSON THOMSON ROAD Condominium 1 1,130,000 689 Strata 1,640 Nov-12

368 THOMSON THOMSON ROAD Condominium 1 1,000,000 689 Strata 1,452 Oct-12

Azeoprop, how's sales recently?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    2 recent 1+study subsale, both facing the arte.

368 THOMSON THOMSON ROAD Condominium 1 1,130,000 689 Strata 1,640 Nov-12

368 THOMSON THOMSON ROAD Condominium 1 1,000,000 689 Strata 1,452 Oct-12

facing is gonna be not a factor in buying in future. nice facing now may be block in future (who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    facing is gonna be not a factor in buying in future. nice facing now may be block in future (who knows)
    It's all low rise in front ...the main road.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    It's all low rise in front ...the main road.
    wah very noisy leh, i drove past the condo last sat only. huge jam at balestier road and i can see the "2nd level" was elevated but protruding out to walking pavement. So it's very near to the road...

i can hv lousy facing but quiet env but not both lousy

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    wah very noisy leh, i drove past the condo last sat only. huge jam at balestier road and i can see the "2nd level" was elevated but protruding out to walking pavement. So it's very near to the road...

i can hv lousy facing but quiet env but not both lousy
    I think Zion is better. Don't move.

What is the current payment stage for this development?