Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy a old 99LH condo?

Default Will you buy a old 99LH condo?

will u consider buying a old 99LH condo which is more den 10yrs or even 20yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    will u consider buying a old 99LH condo which is more den 10yrs or even 20yrs?
    hi devilplate,

i would buy only, if it is a tactical / flip move... i.e. buy at a 15-20% discount to market price and sell it off quickly at 5-10% discount to market price... profit the 5-10% to cover all the fees and pocket a small profit? but then for the time and effort spent, some may not find it worthwhile...

to wait for en-bloc is quite scary, coz if dun happen, and when the lease runs own to less than 70-60 years, I was told, that selling it becomes more difficult, because of limited financing... yes / no?

fc

Something like Hillcrest Arcadia and the Arcadia? Ultra old 99years in prime district?

I would rather pay more to buy an old f'hold unit.. chances for a 99 LH & f'hold to enbloc is like 5:95 respectively.
    Even no enbloc.. no problem.. cos is a f'hold

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    I would rather pay more to buy an old f'hold unit.. chances for a 99 LH & f'hold to enbloc is like 5:95 respectively.
    Even no enbloc.. no problem.. cos is a f'hold

bingo

thats why i only consider FH ... even if the condo collapses after 100 yrs .. you still own the land ... you can still build something on it

99LH .. if it collapses ...too bad .. you own ntg

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    bingo

thats why i only consider FH ... even if the condo collapses after 100 yrs .. you still own the land ... you can still build something on it

99LH .. if it collapses ...too bad .. you own ntg
    Very funny, 99LH condo no one wants. 99LH HDB selling higher and higher price. Just saw a Ghim Moh 3 rm flat, bought at $13500 in 1976, sell for more than $300K recently.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Very funny, 99LH condo no one wants. 99LH HDB selling higher and higher price. Just saw a Ghim Moh 3 rm flat, bought at $13500 in 1976, sell for more than $300K recently.

if i ever buy anything thats 99LH ...it will be a HDB ...

if building collapses .. HDB will compensate

if condo 99 LH collapses .. developer can declare bankrupt and yu still get ntg ...

if i ever buy anything thats 99LH ...it will be a HDB ...

if building collapses .. HDB will compensate

if condo 99 LH collapses .. developer can declare bankrupt and yu still get ntg ...
    OK.
    Old HDB beats old LH condo.
    Anyway, it is one of the ways I may choose to retire, in HDB. Cos market, food centre, coffeeshop, provision shop, clinic...all easily reached.

I was counting...the Ghim Moh 3 rm flat appreciated 72% p.a. for 34 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    I was counting...the Ghim Moh 3 rm flat appreciated 72% p.a. for 34 years.
    ghim moh location is good

and i suspect people buy for 'enbloc'

one part of the old ghim moh already enbloc ..and current owners were given choices to take $$, or upograde to newer same size or top up to upgrade to newer bigger units further down the road ...

those remaining un-enbloc HDB may also be enbloc in time to come ..

with or without enbloc, it remains a very good location ..

To me, the following factors matter when deciding whether leasehold or freehold:

1) Pricing is everthing. If the pricing is attractive (ie there must potential upside based on the entry price). Pricing also determines the rental yield. Makes no sense to me to pay through the nose for less than 2% yield.

2) Location. Not just prime (ie Pebble Bay, Marina Bay, Sentosa), but there must be rental demand. And location also extends to the surroundings. Buy a piece of 99LH property amidst 999yrLH/FH properties (eg River Valley are) is as good as asking for trouble.

3) Purpose of purchase. If for self-stay, then other factors such as proximity to ameneties, potential of the area (vs entry price), distance to town are more important than the 99LH/FH debate.

However, after all that is said and done, I'd never ever buy a 99yr LH landed/cluster house. I don't see any potential upside at all, and exiting the investment might be tough.

old doesn't matter, even if LH. Cheap and good location, grab it!

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    old doesn't matter, even if LH. Cheap and good location, grab it!
    really ??

there must be a cut off age right ?

if a 40 yr old LH selling cheap, say 250k cheaper than a 40 yr FH .. will u buy ?

how old is too old ? how cheap is cheap ?

really ??

there must be a cut off age right ?

if a 40 yr old LH selling cheap, say 250k cheaper than a 40 yr FH .. will u buy ?

how old is too old ? how cheap is cheap ?
    well given the 2 choices, I may pick the LH one if can rent out at the same price!

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    well given the 2 choices, I may pick the LH one if can rent out at the same price!
    if its 35 yo LH lower cost , same rental income as a 35 FH which is more expensive

how long you plan to hold it ? to collect rent ?

there will come a time when its value drop to very low ( and say no one want to enbloc it) .. then how ?

you potentially risk losing the whole investment

When recession hit, old 99LH property price in good location plunged the most, comparing to the FH or newer development in same area. A 99LH with enbloc potential will always have that potential for enbloc (even if it never get enbloc) so price will bounce back. Low quantum with big floor space, the profit can be better than a MM or 1 bedded.. the only downside is.. no progressive payment..

if old 99LH near MRT? astoria park holding up prices pretty well

going forward, there will be more and more 99LH condos. most likely govt will allow lease top up or else govt no nid to sell 99LH land liao...make sense?

i notice there r some LH landed in geylang with less den 20yrs lease remaining. asking prices 200k...it will be interesting to see wat happens when lease expires

some old prime condo like international plaza, ppl park complex, pearl bank etc...still got transactions
    Last edited by devilplate; 29-06-10 at 22:24.

if old 99LH near MRT? astoria park holding up prices pretty well

going forward, there will be more and more 99LH condos. most likely govt will allow lease to up or else govt no nid to sell 99LH land liao...make sense?

i notice there r some LH landed in geylang with less den 20yrs lease remaining. asking prices 200k...it will be interesting to see wat happens when lease expires

some old prime condo like international plaza, ppl park complex, pearl bank etc...still got transactions

my opinion, dont bet on the OLD properties at geylang. govt will re-develop that place, they need the land back for development.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    my opinion, dont bet on the OLD properties at geylang. govt will re-develop that place, they need the land back for development.
    when that happens ..

and Geylang becomes the next prime location (which i always feel it is ) .. we should all boycott the big banks .. whos been turning down financing that area ..

and we shud all support only Hong leong ..for having been there all these years

a friend of mine bought a conservation there a couple of years back said big boys all didnt want to finance Geylang ...

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    but majority r FH in geylang...so how govt gona redevelop tat area?

those CBD ppty/offices got a high chance redeveloping into other use....so too prime a location for 99LH is not a gd idea

but majority r FH in geylang...so how govt gona redevelop tat area?

those CBD ppty/offices got a high chance redeveloping into other use....so too prime a location for 99LH is not a gd idea

oh.. i meant the LH with 20 yrs lease. FH is good

when that happens ..

and Geylang becomes the next prime location (which i always feel it is ) .. we should all boycott the big banks .. whos been turning down financing that area ..

and we shud all support only Hong leong ..for having been there all these years

a friend of mine bought a conservation there a couple of years back said big boys all didnt want to finance Geylang ...
    recently got MM projects in geylang...very gd response for 800-1kpsf...the latest one cud be testing 1.2kpsf for the smallest unit (3xxsqft)

so, geylang remains as it is but psf oredi pushed to new high.

to me, those older FH apts in geylang r low in psf ard 600psf now is due to no facilities. new launches, give a small pool and build smaller units can also push up the psf...lol

having said tat, r u daring enuff to buy a old FH apt w/o facilities there for 600psf? i am not interested...r u?

as long as good location FH or LH dun matter to me, of cos i expect the LH price to be lower ~

recently got MM projects in geylang...very gd response for 800-1kpsf...the latest one cud be testing 1.2kpsf for the smallest unit (3xxsqft)

so, geylang remains as it is but psf oredi pushed to new high.

to me, those older FH apts in geylang r low in psf ard 600psf now is due to no facilities. new launches, give a small pool and build smaller units can also push up the psf...lol

having said tat, r u daring enuff to buy a old FH apt w/o facilities there for 600psf? i am not interested...r u?

i would pay 600 psf for a big unit in geylang .. FH not keen MM unit

i would pay 600 psf for a big unit in geylang .. FH not keen MM unit
    there r many such 600psf FH apt with only parking lots selling now...did u bot any during this trip?

how about this one: pic show a pool too!
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-fong-mansions
    Last edited by devilplate; 29-06-10 at 23:17.

there r many such 600psf FH apt with only parking lots selling now...did u bot any during this trip?

went to view a 2200 sqft but alot of useless space like roof terrace

i want big unit pure usable space

so didnt find anything good

too many MM units around i like space and i see the demand for big units in time to come

went to view a 2200 sqft but alot of useless space like roof terrace

i want big unit pure usable space

so didnt find anything good

too many MM units around i like space and i see the demand for big units in time to come
    or u went to see atrium? tat one cannot get 600psf for normal units oredi...

600psf only those much older...ard 10yo or more

i realise asking prices inch up slightly for those older apts in geylang now....cud be due to the MM projects

or u went to see atrium? tat one cannot get 600psf for normal units oredi...

600psf only those much older...ard 10yo or more

i realise asking prices inch up slightly for those older apts in geylang now....cud be due to the MM projects
    hahha indeed Atrium

so which are you referring to ?

aiyo wing fong cannot touch. chicken nest!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    aiyo wing fong cannot touch. chicken nest!
    devilplate looking for front door amenities , this one superb night view 2nd to none. haha