Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Haig 162

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Thanks all bros for advice and insights... I just plonked down 5% for developer unit of project in District 15 TOP end this year.... haha... and the mortgage loan is only 1.309% woohoo.

Yeah must enjoy the low interest and high rental yield while it lasts.

HDB next year then borrow 100k ba... (but stupid resale prices and COV still rising!!!!!!!)
    congrats
    1mth sibor/sor very low now...at ard 1.2-1.3%....u got tat package?

btw, isit the cotz? coz i nrly bot a unit there too..haha...yes...end of yr gona TOP...din buy bcoz i prefer proper 1bedrm which is all sold

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    congrats
    1mth sibor/sor very low now...at ard 1.2-1.3%....u got tat package?

btw, isit the cotz? coz i nrly bot a unit there too..haha...yes...end of yr gona TOP...din buy bcoz i prefer proper 1bedrm which is all sold
    U're power!!! correct

162 Haig Road #13-07 Freehold $1658 355 $588k 06 Sep 10
    162 Haig Road #12-03 Freehold $1612 366 $590k 01 Sep 10

1658psf????? WTH???

1658psf????? WTH???
    friggin champions. wonder who those fukwits are

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    friggin champions. wonder who those fukwits are
    It's frggin nitwits like those who cause new launches develoeprs to be super bullish at least 1300psf and above REGARDLESS of location.

amazing to see projects like this one to manage to flip almost immediately after sold-out....WOW

1658psf????? WTH???

Actually this is not surprising anymore. Consider this: Katong Shopping Centre and Paramount Hotel are put up for collective sale for revamp into something else and new hot spots like the Katong Mall with Golden Village cinema will be up by next year. This place is definitely worth that price compared to areas like Bukit Timah near Beauty World, possibly priced above $2,000psf.

It's the absolute quantum that is attractive lah. Looks like the gays (many of my friends who happen to be gay love the place) and couples with low budget will have no place to buy other than these $4xx and $5xxk MM in D15. Shoe box low budget units is now the norm in this district. I believe once MM starts in any district, it is the point of no return. All new launches shall be shoeboxes. I believe the developers identified high demand from this group of "low-budget buyers but want to be seen as yuppies" in D15.

The strong sales of Haig 162 and other MMs in D15 has nothing to do with the new shopping mall. The comparison with Bukit Timah is also inappropriate. Different crowd. In fact, if you build a large cookie cutter shopping mall with Golden Village and arcade on the top floor that attracts loud teenagers in Bukit Timah, I suspect the residents will complain! So different crowd. The Bukit Timah crowd likes tranquility and more low-key. The East Coast crowd like to be seen as "yuppies". Very different.

BTW, Beauty World which is Upper Bukit Timah area is no where near $2000psf lah - more like $1000psf for new launch. But this area has so far not stoop so low to build exclusively MM apartments - I suspect if they do, prices could get higher.. And Beauty World is a different type of mall and very old school - no cimema no arcade - some very basic and unpretentious eating outlets, old tailors, dog grooming salon and tour agencies. Totally uncool - nothing like those large malls like Parkway or the new katong mall with breadtalks and the like. In short, very different.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Actually this is not surprising anymore. Consider this: Katong Shopping Centre and Paramount Hotel are put up for collective sale for revamp into something else and new hot spots like the Katong Mall with Golden Village cinema will be up by next year. This place is definitely worth that price compared to areas like Bukit Timah near Beauty World, possibly priced above $2,000psf.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 19-10-10 at 22:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    It's the absolute quantum that is attractive lah. Looks like the gays (many of my friends who happen to be gay love the place) and couples with low budget will have no place to buy other than these $4xx and $5xxk MM in D15. Shoe box low budget units is now the norm in this district. I believe once MM starts in any district, it is the point of no return. All new launches shall be shoeboxes. I believe the developers identified high demand from this group of "low-budget buyers but want to be seen as yuppies" in D15.

The strong sales of Haig 162 and other MMs in D15 has nothing to do with the new shopping mall. The comparison with Bukit Timah is also inappropriate. Different crowd. In fact, if you build a large cookie cutter shopping mall with Golden Village and arcade on the top floor that attracts loud teenagers in Bukit Timah, I suspect the residents will complain! So different crowd. The Bukit Timah crowd likes tranquility and more low-key. The East Coast crowd like to be seen as "yuppies". Very different.

BTW, Beauty World which is Upper Bukit Timah area is no where near $2000psf lah - more like $1000psf for new launch. But this area has so far not stoop so low to build exclusively MM apartments - I suspect if they do, prices could get higher.. And Beauty World is a different type of mall and very old school - no cimema no arcade - some very basic and unpretentious eating outlets, old tailors, dog grooming salon and tour agencies. Totally uncool - nothing like those large malls like Parkway or the new katong mall with breadtalks and the like. In short, very different.
    Beauty World is not different and 'old school' - it is just OLD. I don't think people will complain if the shopping mall gets more hippy and attracts more up-to-date tenants. But they are indeed different to compare with, though I don't think East Coast should be characterised by MMs but by lots of landed property and proximity to what is left of Singapore's leisure coastal parks. These days even those condos near reservoir or worse, canal views (like that Dakota Residences) are more expensive!

This development is neither near Parkway or Katong Mall.

Wonder how can people stay in such a small apt?

We can criticise those D15 MMs but the speculator who manage to flip the Haig 162 at a short notice at $1658psf has the last laugh lor. But after reading another post about a chap who earns only $4-5k per month buying an East Coast $650k property, I suddenly realise that the low interest rate makes these property very affordable to the lower income. Imagine household income of only $4-5k buying $650k property. It means anyone with a household income of $3k (which is probably the lower percentile) can actually afford these $4xx and $5xxk MM. These MM are a God-send to those who make $3k - $5k household income- because now they can "upgrade" to private easily. The market size is huge. Now I see MM differently. No wonder it gets sold out so quickly. Just pray hard interest rate doesn't rise. And those people with more than $8k income and still everyday complain about not able to afford a $400k HDB flat should just shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Wonder how can people stay in such a small apt?
    leme ask my tenant who stay in a 4xxsqft apt

suddenly feels 4xxsqft 'BIG" oredi due to 3xxsqft pigeon holes...ops

We can criticise those D15 MMs but the speculator who manage to flip the Haig 162 at a short notice at $1658psf has the last laugh lor. But after reading another post about a chap who earns only $4-5k per month buying an East Coast $650k property, I suddenly realise that the low interest rate makes these property very affordable to the lower income. Imagine household income of only $4-5k buying $650k property. It means anyone with a household income of $3k (which is probably the lower percentile) can actually afford these $4xx and $5xxk MM. These MM are a God-send to those who make $3k - $5k household income- because now they can "upgrade" to private easily. The market size is huge. Now I see MM differently. No wonder it gets sold out so quickly. Just pray hard interest rate doesn't rise. And those people with more than $8k income and still everyday complain about not able to afford a $400k HDB flat should just shut up.
    Now you know right? Plus those who are mainly buying these MM for 'investment', with expected another 2k coming from such rental, 5-7k income sure can sustain loan even if it goes into 4% or 5% in tough times.

Assumption is high interest environment => inflation pressures => even higher rental. I'm econs idiot so experts pls correct if i'm wrong.

Assumption is high interest environment => inflation pressures => even higher rental. I'm econs idiot so experts pls correct if i'm wrong.
    generally its correct unless stagflation

Wild Falcon: so which condos does you and your "gay" friends like to stay or buy?
    We all know Geylang area is notorious for "chickens". Did not know there are places that gays like to stay in. Maybe you can quote some projects or where you are staying

DF

Seem that you are biased against D15. I once stayed along Bukit Timah when my children were studying in the vicinity hence I can make some comments on the area. Bukit Timah is one of those area in Singapore that hardly have any changes over time, everything is indeed quiet and peaceful but sometimes it is too dead and slow. Slow traffic not only during working peak hours but also school peak hours. To drive car is a must if you want to buy some food or run simple errand. To do some decent shopping, the nearest shopping area is Orchard, and the traffic there can really frustrate you.

In the evenings I enjoy going for stroll in the evenings, sometime I go to bukit timah hill and sometime to botanic garden for some light exercise. It is indeed relaxing with the cricket sounds and smell of decaying woods. The vegetation makes the place dark, wet and humid.The whole place lack of energy and you would simply think of retirement, laziness and just wish to rest in peace in the forest.

For some reasons, the people living there are also serious, formal and hardly smile. Perhaps they are high class pp but they sure behave like one. Some speak English with an accent and "tao" is the word. However, I would say that pp in Upper Bukit Timah onwards maybe different.

Now I'm in D15, the place is indeed very different. Different kind of relaxing feel, always breezy with positive energy and more laughters. Staying here somehow make you feel younger and want to wake up early on the weekends.

Sorry I'm not gay but if are an agent - you should know here the gays reside in D15.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    Wild Falcon: so which condos does you and your "gay" friends like to stay or buy?
    We all know Geylang area is notorious for "chickens". Did not know there are places that gays like to stay in. Maybe you can quote some projects or where you are staying

That's why different right? It's a "like to be seen as young and yuppie" area vs a slightly more "quiet and dignified" environment. That's why I say, if you have a cookie cutter much-revered Parkway Parade Mall with "G2000" and "Mango" at say Leedon, it will not fly. I started this because this chap came in and compare both places which are so different. Upper Bukit Timah has no G2000 or Mango. And maybe it lacks energy and seems too laidback because it doesn't have G2000 and Mango but the people don't care lah. As to whether the people want G2000 at Beauty World so that is become energised with more shopping crowd, I really doubt so.

Some people feel energised by loud crowd full of noise and laughter like yourself. Others get energised by a quiet and peaceful environment.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire
    Seem that you are biased against D15. I once stayed along Bukit Timah when my children were studying in the vicinity hence I can make some comments on the area. Bukit Timah is one of those area in Singapore that hardly have any changes over time, everything is indeed quiet and peaceful but sometimes it is too dead and slow. Slow traffic not only during working peak hours but also school peak hours. To drive car is a must if you want to buy some food or run simple errand. To do some decent shopping, the nearest shopping area is Orchard, and the traffic there can really frustrate you.

In the evenings I enjoy going for stroll in the evenings, sometime I go to bukit timah hill and sometime to botanic garden for some light exercise. It is indeed relaxing with the cricket sounds and smell of decaying woods. The vegetation makes the place dark, wet and humid.The whole place lack of energy and you would simply think of retirement, laziness and just wish to rest in peace in the forest.

For some reasons, the people living there are also serious, formal and hardly smile. Perhaps they are high class pp but they sure behave like one. Some speak English with an accent and "tao" is the word. However, I would say that pp in Upper Bukit Timah onwards maybe different.

Now I'm in D15, the place is indeed very different. Different kind of relaxing feel, always breezy with positive energy and more laughters. Staying here somehow make you feel younger and want to wake up early on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo

i remember Icon was launched to corner the Pink dollar...and has done very well ..

thats probably the start of a trend of studio, 1 bedder condos...to today's MM condos ..

That's why different right? It's a "like to be seen as young and yuppie" area vs a slightly more "quiet and dignified" environment. That's why I say, if you have a cookie cutter much-revered Parkway Parade Mall with "G2000" and "Mango" at say Leedon, it will not fly. I started this because this chap came in and compare both places which are so different. Upper Bukit Timah has no G2000 or Mango. And maybe it lacks energy and seems too laidback because it doesn't have G2000 and Mango but the people don't care lah. As to whether the people want G2000 at Beauty World so that is become energised with more shopping crowd, I really doubt so.

Some people feel energised by loud crowd full of noise and laughter like yourself. Others get energised by a quiet and peaceful environment.
    I once had the chance to take up a real estate related course by NUS. Parkway Parade is reputed to the most successful shopping mall in the suburb. The tenant occupancy is one of the highest and excellent tenants mix. The layout is very well designed which allow maximum human traffic and retail frontage. There are supermarkets, departmental store, a very wide variety of restaurants and fast food outlets, clinics, watches, banks, niches products, hair saloons, clinics, small fashion outlets, ice cream parlours, bookstores, video and music,furniture, wine, japanese and korean specialties market, etc, etc. There is practically something for everyone. Although the mall is already of some age it is still very well maintained and attractive. High carpark charges and long taxis queue are a big turnoff but nevertheless there are still many people who still bear with it and go there.

Sorry I'm not gay but if are an agent - you should know here the gays reside in D15.
    den whr lesbians resides?

hmm how about bi?? haha
    Last edited by devilplate; 20-10-10 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i remember Icon was launched to corner the Pink dollar...and has done very well ..

thats probably the start of a trend of studio, 1 bedder condos...to today's MM condos ..
    tats really funny....buy MM means gay? haha

hmmm....my tenant who rent my MM is gay ar? hahaha

mabe next time i shd rent to lady....lesbian

gay = male and female homo***ual ..

lesbians can live ANYWHERE .. 2 girls staying together are called roommates .. no one will ever say they are butch ...

but 2 men living together ...hhhmmmm everyone will start to think they are gay ...

gay = male and female homo***ual ..

lesbians can live ANYWHERE .. 2 girls staying together are called roommates .. no one will ever say they are butch ...

but 2 men living together ...hhhmmmm everyone will start to think they are gay ...
    the funny thing is sm1 here can say gays & les resides in D15....stereotyping?

most ppl buy MMs to let out lah....let out to gays and les? haha

the funny thing is sm1 here can say gays & les resides in D15....stereotyping?

most ppl buy MMs to let out lah....let out to gays and les? haha
    i am not surprised that most MM renters are pink dollar earners

i am not surprised that most MM renters are pink dollar earners
    dun tink so...i rented out to a married ang mor with kids...BUT apparently, his family still reside in their home country....few possibilities: come here for short term(1-2yrs) or family members dunwan to come over or coy no budget...lol

during sch holidays, his wife+2kids(teens) manage to bunk into the tiny 1bedder for few wks....amazing

dun tink so...i rented out to a married ang mor with kids...BUT apparently, his family still reside in their home country....few possibilities: come here for short term(1-2yrs) or family members dunwan to come over or coy no budget...lol

during sch holidays, his wife+2kids(teens) manage to bunk into the tiny 1bedder for few wks....amazing
    hahah solid ...

what is pink dollar ?

hmm how about bi?? haha
    Lesbian stay at bukit timah lor. LOL...