Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dorsett Residences @ New Bridge Road, Outside Outram MRT Station

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    seriously i find that it is doable ..

get a brand new merc for like usd 40k = 55k SGD ..and can drive forever ..

there are now many 24hr eateries .. subway, trains all 24hr ..

grocery shopping can be done online and delivered within 24hrs .. so its really convenient ..

no doubt tax is high but the other stuff are getting cheaper ..
    NY so power...trains 24hrs? WOW..tats cool

but usually ppl drive there though since car is affordable. the problem in SG: car so ex and yet so many CARS!!!

btw, after this subprime crisis...the locals over there start to save more den spend??

asians save and save....ang mor spend and spend...no $ just print and print ....mabe we will see the reverse soon? hehe

seriously i find that it is doable ..

get a brand new merc for like usd 40k = 55k SGD ..and can drive forever ..
    It is self-deception to buy a mercedes for S$55k in the US and imagine it's the same mercedes which costs S$300k in Singapore.

The reality will sink in when you see people earning $55k p.a. driving the same mercedes as you.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    It is self-deception to buy a mercedes for S$55k in the US and imagine it's the same mercedes which costs S$300k in Singapore.

The reality will sink in when you see people earning $55k p.a. driving the same mercedes as you.

for 55k SGD you can get a merc and drive forever (almost) ..

as oppose to 300k sgd in spore and drive for 10 yrs ..

the 245k sgd difference can be used for otehr expenses .. like for holiday etc ..

Actually i find the society less status conscious than Spore bcos of the sense of fair play, equality, and human rights ~

i dont get you at all ...

i am saying .. there are other areas where one can save alot in US than in Spore .. like Cars and housings .. and schools

i am saying .. there are other areas where one can save alot in US than in Spore .. like Cars and housings .. and schools
    i think he meant the prestige level is lower when everyone can afford it.

but frankly, i wouldn't care. merc is a good reliable car and great for long distance travelling. at the end of the day, if the car is not to win more business, it's just a tool to bring you from point a to point b. prestige has little meaning.

Neither do I get you.

You can buy a $300k car and still go for holidays. If you sell your landed house (although I don't advise that), you can get cash of 10 times the difference between a mercedes in US and Singapore.

$2.45 million should be enough to give you lots of holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by kane

but frankly, i wouldn't care. merc is a good reliable car and great for long distance travelling. at the end of the day, if the car is not to win more business, it's just a tool to bring you from point a to point b. prestige has little meaning.
    If a car is just to get from point a. to point b., toyota altis is a better choice than a mercedes.

as august mentioned, their society is less status concious and should be something that singapore should be working towards if we want to truly become first world. for a start, at least there are now more millionaires prefering to stay in hdb. why would they care if they drive 300k merc or 55k japanese car?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    as august mentioned, their society is less status concious and should be something that singapore should be working towards if we want to truly become first world. for a start, at least there are now more millionaires prefering to stay in hdb. why would they care if they drive 300k merc or 55k japanese car?
    Then you have not met this guy called focus who stays in HDB but owns 4 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Property_owner, very near but I am driving the new mercs e-class, not a BMW (Don't like the current look). But considering upgrading my other car to a Z4 year end if the stock market holds up. And NO! I wouldn't want to know what cars you have.. Your 40 properties already scared the shit out of me..

that's only 1 example. i have friends who, like focus, made their millions from trading shares too and also stays in hdb but drive japanese cars.

Then you have not met this guy called focus who stays in HDB but owns 4 cars.

that's only 1 example. i have friends who, like focus, made their millions from trading shares too and also stays in hdb but drive japanese cars.
    mabe save on car but splurge on other stuff? u wudnt noe how much they spend de...drive a jap car doesnt mean he is a saver?

anyway, make millions liao sure reward smthing for themselves...if not BIG SILLY CARROT again...hehe...perhaps they dun feel shiok by driving aston martin....cud be other 'fun' stuff

but seriously....jap car really no fight with continental cars...handling lousy....braking soso etc..

early this yr when i change my car....i realised the price tag for a jap car and a cheapest merc/bmw has narrowed so much...hehe....its like no brainer

btw, this is the first time i 'make' some $ by buying a car! COE shoot up so much

Quote Originally Posted by kane

got meaning de la....u ask Jet Li to stay HDB lor

but there r also many many who dun earn millions and drive merc/bmw(90-100% loan)

since we r on the subject of cars, i find Spore roads a tat bumpy. Would a SUV rides better than a sedan (wheels 225/45R17)? was told changing to R16 may help

Quote Originally Posted by august
    since we r on the subject of cars, i find Spore roads a tat bumpy. Would a SUV rides better than a sedan (wheels 225/45R17)? was told changing to R16 may help
    paisey cant help....i car noob...i always drive stock car and nvr splurge on poison

but i drove SUV b4....super bumpy....my passenger can get giddy sitting behind....sedan cars still the best for norm road

yes singapore road very bumpy ..

what i hate most is when the repair the road..the only tar the tiny strip ..
    very often you have either your right wheels on new tarred road and left on old tarred road .. one high one low .. very irritating ..

even the country road in NZ are better maintained then in spore's major road ..

i find Yokohama tires good .. it is quiet and somehow reduce the bumpiness

yes singapore road very bumpy ..

what i hate most is when the repair the road..the only tar the tiny strip ..
    very often you have either your right wheels on new tarred road and left on old tarred road .. one high one low .. very irritating ..

even the country road in NZ are better maintained then in spore's major road ..

i find Yokohama tires good .. it is quiet and somehow reduce the bumpiness
    Sg cfm bumpy! go eevrywhr got humps...@##$$%!@

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    paisey cant help....i car noob...i always drive stock car and nvr splurge on poison

but i drove SUV b4....super bumpy....my passenger can get giddy sitting behind....sedan cars still the best for norm road
    never drove SUV before.. but i find sedan on Spore roads is a pain like wat proud owner said,especially so many uneven roads & road "works" going on all the time.. i imagine a SUV rides higher will have better cushioning?

never drove SUV before.. but i find sedan on Spore roads is a pain like wat proud owner said,especially so many uneven roads & road "works" going on all the time.. i imagine a SUV rides higher will have better cushioning?
    no really

try taking a double decker bus .. sit lower deck and upper deck alot of difference

i once took a double decker bus after almost not riding in one after 5-7 yrs
    sat on the upp deck .. after 3 bus stops .. i got off .. cos almost going to throw up ..

the swing on top is horrid ..

so SUV..higher than saloon car ..will have the same effect
    you wll feel the bump even more

i used to tink tat way....but i was wrong and my passengers suffers in silence for 3yrs....my previous ride was toyota Rav last time. drink petrol also ....mabe branded suv like lexus, x4 different..? leme noe if u own one later!

i feels shiok driving a SUV initially though..i feel i am so much higher....boost up ego abit lor

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Sg cfm bumpy! go eevrywhr got humps...@##$$%!@

Malaysia road is even worst! SG still alot more better. Suv though bumpy can help to cushion impart of uneven road. Sedan car will be shiong for sedan car. scare undercarriage kina spoil.

other countries dun even build proper roads...den SUV BEST over there....terrain driving and 4X4

no really

try taking a double decker bus .. sit lower deck and upper deck alot of difference

i once took a double decker bus after almost not riding in one after 5-7 yrs
    sat on the upp deck .. after 3 bus stops .. i got off .. cos almost going to throw up ..

the swing on top is horrid ..

so SUV..higher than saloon car ..will have the same effect
    you wll feel the bump even more
    oic, like that how? stick to sedan and change to thicker wheels better?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Malaysia road is even worst! SG still alot more better. Suv though bumpy can help to cushion impart of uneven road. Sedan car will be shiong for sedan car. scare undercarriage kina spoil.
    dun think i will drive into msia ~

oic, like that how? stick to sedan and change to thicker wheels better?
    SUV will be worst off on choppy roads since the wider tires have wider contact surface to the rd, even small potholes or stones can be felt. Rent a SUV for a day & u will know whether u will enjoy it.

u can swop ur sedan dampers to comfy types but hard cornering will be compromised

Hutton's agent update: close door sales on 1st Sep 2010. The cutoff date for cheque submission is 31 Aug 2010, 5pm. No more cheques will be entertained after this stated time. (Sibei tao siah) The showflat will open for preview with its leftover units on 3rd Sep to 5th Sep by Appointment only. Any purchase during the preview period is subjected to balloting on 6th Sep. Prices start from 900k.

Wow! It works out to be about $1800psf for the small unit.

Hutton's agent update: close door sales on 1st Sep 2010. The cutoff date for cheque submission is 31 Aug 2010, 5pm. No more cheques will be entertained after this stated time. (Sibei tao siah) The showflat will open for preview with its leftover units on 3rd Sep to 5th Sep by Appointment only. Any purchase during the preview period is subjected to balloting on 6th Sep. Prices start from 900k.
    Sibei Lao Lan!

yah, limited units, non excessive pricing (vs other D2 and D1 ppties, although i feel not exactly comparable) ...so these huttons pple ya ya papaya!

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    Sibei Lao Lan!