Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Viva Vista (D5, Freehold, Oxley)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    My agent friend in spore told me a 5 rm HDB , not sure where , was rented out at 3k ..
    possible if located in places like tpy , queenstown

i personally noe 4rm flat near braddell mrt rented out at 2.5k, ff
    another 4rm flat near boon keng mrt at 2.3k, ff
    both within a mth ago

i wud expect hdb rental to inch up in 2011 bcoz many r afraid to illegally lock 1 rm and the new rulings which prevent pte owners from buying resale flats

with hdb rental increasing, PR may turn to buy instead...

room rental in Pinnacle@duxton alone is $700!

Im 41, stays in Sengkang, 8k still can afford to lose.

If I buy this, will not have funds to buy another one even if I liquid my stocks unless I sell my hdb cos now 70+30, loan from bank for 2nd ppty left 200k-250k only.

If I let go to buy another one, I will have to liquid my stocks (loss 80k)then got enuff.

The main problem with VV is that if I keep, my original plan of living in condo don't work liao...too small, but yesterday discussed with my hubby, we are only comfortable with at least 600-650sqft to stay, my hdb 110sqm.

Maybe have to adjust my mindset, actually after seeing MM, it's actually not too bad to stay put in our flat. Excess of space is still better than shortage of space.

My hubby is very into FH lor...land is scare in sg..long term...he does not mind staying VV in fact like that area lor, suggested I throw away my clothing and other stuff so that can squeeze in..hahaha

He's an optimistic guy..."sky fall take it as blanket"..hahaha He say we're very lucky olredi we booked before the annoucement. If now let go and choose D13 2bd might not have enuff $ to buy...

We're not rich, my hubby is a cabby for a year, quitted his sales job. No good in share market, so I thinking to venture in ppty instead...

But hor...I blur blur, put myself in this situation lor...

Today must decide liao....

Your hubby got a very valid reason to believe in FH private.

To strike a balance can look at long term. Base on your situation

1. sell your flat
    2. take profit
    3. stay with in law
    4. accumulate cash
    5. buy only FH in the next 6 months, good livable size 2 bedder with good location, 100m to MRT, dont rule out re-sale FH - maybe devilplate or some other forumer can say something as to which district to buy. My suggestion is to buy those with full condo facilities.
    6. move to your ppty. rent out one room (full condo easier to rent out) in your private property to fund your installment, if situation call for.
    7. 20 years later u will be in your 60s - assume the property price will increase since its a FH
    8. sell your private ppty
    9. take profit
    10. down grade to studio apartment for senior citizen or maybe there is some kind of holiday camp for old citizen to stay due to aging population.

cheers

Hetongshi,

don't liquid sticks at 80k loss to purchase property. U are at the stage to start conserving wealth. U hv no kids hence financial commitment is not that high.

Quote Originally Posted by applelemon
    Hetongshi,

don't liquid sticks at 80k loss to purchase property. U are at the stage to start conserving wealth. U hv no kids hence financial commitment is not that high.
    depends on wat stocks/paper u hold....some stocks will nvr go back to their original price

suddenly this words comes into my mind:

if u cannot suceed in speculating stocks/futures, PLS DUN speculate ppty!

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    Im 41, stays in Sengkang, 8k still can afford to lose.

If I buy this, will not have funds to buy another one even if I liquid my stocks unless I sell my hdb cos now 70+30, loan from bank for 2nd ppty left 200k-250k only.

If I let go to buy another one, I will have to liquid my stocks (loss 80k)then got enuff.

The main problem with VV is that if I keep, my original plan of living in condo don't work liao...too small, but yesterday discussed with my hubby, we are only comfortable with at least 600-650sqft to stay, my hdb 110sqm.

Maybe have to adjust my mindset, actually after seeing MM, it's actually not too bad to stay put in our flat. Excess of space is still better than shortage of space.

My hubby is very into FH lor...land is scare in sg..long term...he does not mind staying VV in fact like that area lor, suggested I throw away my clothing and other stuff so that can squeeze in..hahaha

He's an optimistic guy..."sky fall take it as blanket"..hahaha He say we're very lucky olredi we booked before the annoucement. If now let go and choose D13 2bd might not have enuff $ to buy...

We're not rich, my hubby is a cabby for a year, quitted his sales job. No good in share market, so I thinking to venture in ppty instead...

But hor...I blur blur, put myself in this situation lor...

Today must decide liao....
    You seem to be overstretching. My advice is to let it go, as it's only a 8K hit. You need to prepare yourself that next year, there is a good likelihood for another global economic double dip. You are paying $1500-$1600psf for a locality where the median price is $900psf, and this is on the back of a peakish market. Some more tied down for 5 years.

Although the MM unit in VV is not ideal, I suggest to keep it and rent out the HDB. When you grow older, you actually don't need so much space since maintenance is a pain. Downstairs is shops and swimming pool, very convenient for retirement. MRT is not too far away. Cost wise, it is in your favor:

Rent out 5-room HDB - $3000 p.m. rental.
    Live in VV - $2000 p.m. for instalments and maintenance over 20 years.

You only live once, since your husband likes that area, then consider the $ spent as buying a dream for both of you.

give up the stupid MM unit. You may regret in the short term, if and when prices move slightly higher, but in the long run,these MM units have nowhere to go but down. besides, the price you paid is way too high for this area.

Hi Proud Owner,

Have pm you.

Thanks!

calculated, 1560psf if go up 10% +156=1716*388=665,888-605,280(1560psf)=60,528-40000(2 SSD)=20,528 gain vs 7,566 penalty.

Next question, can go up 10% or not?

calculated, 1560psf if go up 10% +156=1716*388=665,888-605,280(1560psf)=60,528-40000(2 SSD)=20,528 gain vs 7,566 penalty.

Next question, can go up 10% or not?
    only GOD knows

agent said, she try to sub-sale for me, make a 20k then let go, dun waste the money..

if only there's really a doraemon? haha!

agent said, she try to sub-sale for me, make a 20k then let go, dun waste the money..
    put down in a form of contract lor....if cannot sell, she buy over?

no leh...she nvr suggest lor... somemore she said she advise this as a friend not an agt

20k not a lot, right? somemore dun know for how long then can make, maybe 3yrs later....

no leh...she nvr suggest lor... somemore she said she advise this as a friend not an agt
    i may be wrong, BUT the agt might just MIA after u exercise

pondering whether I take the risk of gaining the 20k or loss 8k no risk?

According to agt, that area big units a lot but small ones not many, and got rental demand from nearby sch, techno park and etc....She claimed the service apt there are usually full and renting at abt 3k and the owner will not sell rental yield is better than enbloc.

Any comments?

as a friend? and you believe her? hope you don't.

According to agt, that area big units a lot but small ones not many, and got rental demand from nearby sch, techno park and etc....She claimed the service apt there are usually full and renting at abt 3k and the owner will not sell rental yield is better than enbloc.

Any comments?
    if u deemed the layout and size suitable for both of u....den go ahead lor....buy house for self stay MUST BE HAPPY even when u lose $$$

sometimes intangible benefits overwhelms monetary benefits yay?

Any comments?
    3k for a MM unit? who is that moron?

vv is not even close to MRT!!

Happily13 bought one too, maybe see what she say abt the purchase.

Happily13, where are you??

can i compare VV with siglap V?? both projects looks very similar other den the locations.

i prefer siglap V location more actually becoz of the nearby amenities....den leads me to ponder...y siglap V not fully sold BUT VV is almost fully sold(except for PH and mabe some potential returned units)

den i realised Siglap V prices from 600k....whereas VV from 5xxk!!! 100k difference does wonders

i am not implying tat siglap V is a gd buy hor....dun shoot me on tat

3K psf is $9psf rental...... muahahahaha

like that tenants might as well top up a coupla hundred more go for long term stay at merchant court hotel - no need to pay utilities and daily chamber maid service too

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

like that tenants might as well top up a coupla hundred more go for long term stay at merchant court hotel - no need to pay utilities and daily chamber maid service too

icon max is 6psf hor, $9psf not yet caveated.

hetongshi,

May i suggest you look at your situation first, re-look at your previous posts again and decide what is best for you. Best, do a summary.

Hearing too much from an agent will confuse you.

I have spoken to many agents before and some agents are real sweet talker, make you very comfortable and give you all the best pictures. But dont forget you have to undertake all the risk yourself later on. Are you ready?

You cannot blame them thereafter so why listen to them?

Some of the forumers here are experienced investors or people with passion in property. It does not means that all have deep pockets to buy buy buy but I believe they follow the property market for almost all their life.

What about the agent you are referring?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

Icon max only $7....

if VV can achieve $6 oredi quite a feat

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Icon max only $7....

The Sail get $7 already considered heng zipua. $9psf for VV? champion

Icon max only $7....

wah rental for icon now being chased. btw, will u consider this project? I tot quite good since it top the rental price.

Icon max only $7....

Cosmo could achieve $6-7. 398sf was rented for 2.7k.