Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Viva Vista (D5, Freehold, Oxley)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I generally don't like condos on top of shops. but this one is worse than others of the same kind. the shops are small, and therefore would not be very pleasant to live next to. crowds and noise, fights would be problems.
    i wonder y the shop space/office so so puny.....who will buy???

There's something like this at Frankel - residences over super tiny shops. chapalang tenant mix: pet store, salon, employment agency, economical rice shop, pub, moneychanger/mamashop and a drycleaner

most units are 2 story townhouses over the small shops. nice landed area - not bad as they have huge ass balconies which you don't have to pay for. you get to use it, reno it do whatever you want with it - but it belongs to the mcst (altho its in your unit) so you dun pay the psf for it

i think a hdb shophouse makes better sense in terms of rental yield compared to these puny shops.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    There's something like this at Frankel - residences over super tiny shops. chapalang tenant mix: pet store, salon, employment agency, economical rice shop, pub, moneychanger/mamashop and a drycleaner

most units are 2 story townhouses over the small shops. nice landed area - not bad as they have huge ass balconies which you don't have to pay for. you get to use it, reno it do whatever you want with it - but it belongs to the mcst (altho its in your unit) so you dun pay the psf for it

kenna sweet talk again.. my agent says she'll help to sub-sale my unit 3mths or 1 yr later, quoting Dorsett Residences and told me not to worry lah...dun waste the 8k.....then help me find 2bd again to align to my original plan...ask me only buy in 9-12mths time...dun buy now...

Asked her I can trust her or not, wat she mia after I exercise...she says to trust her...long term relationship...she wouldn't want to see her client lose money too..

Think she will not bluff me lah...since she knows I want to buy another unit...can earn from me again...if anything goes wrong...she knows she lose another opportunitiy to earn comm...cos I will not trust and buy from her again...

Actually I'm ok to lose the 8k...but hor now is a gamble on my agent's judgement...

Wish me luck!

Your agent is very persistent
    Sorry as I am not expert enough to give advise, I can only say the experts here are very helpful and their advices are very valuable. I was troubled over my property purchase awhile back and I benefitted alot from their advices, now I am free of worries! Whatever decision that you have made ultimately it is your decision and no one to blame too. Be worry free after making your final decison and dun harp over it Hope you made the right choice and good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    kenna sweet talk again.. my agent says she'll help to sub-sale my unit 3mths or 1 yr later, quoting Dorsett Residences and told me not to worry lah...dun waste the 8k.....then help me find 2bd again to align to my original plan...ask me only buy in 9-12mths time...dun buy now...

Asked her I can trust her or not, wat she mia after I exercise...she says to trust her...long term relationship...she wouldn't want to see her client lose money too..

Think she will not bluff me lah...since she knows I want to buy another unit...can earn from me again...if anything goes wrong...she knows she lose another opportunitiy to earn comm...cos I will not trust and buy from her again...

Actually I'm ok to lose the 8k...but hor now is a gamble on my agent's judgement...

Wish me luck!

ask her whether she is willing to put down in black and white?
    otherwise dun talk about trust lol ~

Yes, this forum is fantastic and the people here are great mentors, I learnt a lot but not enuff yet, I will continue to follow these thread regularly..it's very beneficial.

And yes this is the decision I've made and Thank You, I need lot's of good luck...

never trust what agents tell you. a huttons director recommended like hell a lenox penthouse to me and and said sure make money (macham like betting his life on it) without telling the me the shortfall of the unit. on closer study, the unit is blocked by the wall of the mechanical carpark and everyday get to hear symphony from the mechanical carpark king klong king klong...

Wish me luck!

amazing, and after all the advice given as well

frankly, what this agent says is really the norm and very standard. every agent will say the same thing to u when u tell them that you want to return the unit. sure, she will TRY to sub-sale for u, but it might be difficult to sell so your funds may be locked up longer than 1 year.

did she say why you should buy only in 9 to 12 months time?

to the agent, making the commissions NOW is a MUST. the future sub-sale and your next purchase, if successful, is a bonus if market conditions are conducive, if not, too bad for u but she loses nothing, just move on to the next client (and just tell u to wait, hold long term etc). she won't bluff u, in long term prices will go up eventually to execute the plan she described, its just how long it takes and what opporunity cost u are losing while u r holding.

Wish me luck!

kenna sweet talk again
    Aiya, actually i wanted say some things but doesn't achieve anything la.

Whatever you decide, make sure it's the best decision you can make with the information that you have, then just believe in it and don't stress too much.

Don't just flip when people here say something, and flop when agent says something else. Get info, get advice, decide and stick with it.

all the gurus advice lose to 1 agent?

"but hor now is a gamble on my agent's judgement" win or lose $$$, better to base on ur own judgement & not hers. At least u learn from ppty investment rather than learning from 'betting' on an agent.

now u gambling on 2 things, 1)upside 2)whether agent will mia.

do sincerely hope luck with u & agent will stick to her words .

The ruling still applies. If you sell your private, you still need to wait 3 years before you can buy a subsidised HDB (direct from HDB).

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Come that time... HDB flats may be much cheaper than what is selling now... when new ones are of comparable price and the waiting time is short... no one will buy an older and outdated HDB flat if they can help it.

Comes that time.. the gap for private and MM may be futher widened and you find yourself in a bigger "negative equity" than before..

Don't lose ur HDB lah... hard to get it back with the new measures introduced. Do you know that previously if you sold your private, you HAVE TO WAIT 3 years before you can buy a HDB? But I think now they would allow you to sell and buy almost immediately (but raise the MOP from 3 years to 5 years)...

Life is a gamble anyway.. do you own betting... win or loose happily.

So what's the biggest negative to your agent if her advice is wrong? You can't sue her at most cry over it. Even if you make money from this doesn't neccessarily mean you'll buy from her again.

And if she is so sure about investments she won't be an agent liao

You guys are all fooled by her. It's not that she is fooled by her agent. She understands that the agent has no credibility.

the true reason that she is keeping the MM unit is that she doesn't want to lose that $8,000. that is a lot to her. get it?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    You guys are all fooled by her. It's not that she is fooled by her agent. She understands that the agent has no credibility.

the true reason that she is keeping the MM unit is that she doesn't want to lose that $8,000. that is a lot to her. get it?
    Fear of losing 8K may lead to actual loss of 80K...anyway I wish her the best.

I am not scare of losing the 8k and I might be wrong in judgement of people. But I try to believe that there are still nice people who are genuinely sincere in helping others. The thought of giving up vv is because I find it too small for own stay. Other than that, that unit is a choice unit facing south buona vista road, no west sun. If I had gone down earlier that day to the vvip and get a 1+1, I will not think of giving up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    During a peak/bullish period, she's paying $500psf over and above an average $1000psf for the area (i'm being generous too). So on paper, the premium she's paying during peakish times is about $200k.

In lacklustre periods, it is not inconceivable that the market decides that the average PSF of the area is $1000psf.

In bubble bursting periods, average PSFs of the area might even reach $700-$800psf or less. VV sellers will have to contend with owners of parc imperial and others along the stretch who will lose nothing buy selling at breakeven or small profit at those levels.

That would extend her paper losses from a $200k, to $350k on paper. Simply because it was overpriced to begin with.

I am not scare of losing the 8k and I might be wrong in judgement of people. But I try to believe that there are still nice people who are genuinely sincere in helping others. The thought of giving up vv is because I find it too small for own stay. Other than that, that unit is a choice unit facing south buona vista road, no west sun. If I had gone down earlier that day to the vvip and get a 1+1, I will not think of giving up at all.
    You are doing the right decision. Buy when you have the cassssssssssh!

Don't worry, just buy. If it don't work out? Just call you agent and make her pay for it. Taxi uncle make alot of money betting on horses right? Give the agents a chance! Lorong got street walkers also but 40 plus too old. Maybe can charge $40 only.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    ask her whether she is willing to put down in black and white?
    otherwise dun talk about trust lol ~
    The agent is damn smart. By making the advices above, she will make three times commission from her instead of none if she is successful....first for this unit, second for selling later and third for selling her another 2bdrm unit....

Worse case scenario...she still earn at least one time commission without taking any risk...

If she has the holding power to hold long long for this freehold property then shouldnt lead to loss right?? Assuming she is a firm believer of jlrx's propertism? Unless she cannot hold then hard to say.. short term nobody knows..

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

i am in the wrong trade. work for hours, put together justification prezos, present to boards of directors just to close contracts. this agent sweet talk here and there can liao. at least i don't harm livelihoods just for commissions.....

Why is this area so hot?

Honest agents maybe can make it during good times.
    Once they go throught one complete cycle (up and down times) - they see how the 'aggressive' agents earn more through their 'sales techniques' with virtually no risk!

I much prefer investing in equity market (kelong but liquid and undifferentiated). But property is sentimental esp to us Asians - got to have it.

i am in the wrong trade. work for hours, put together justification prezos, present to boards of directors just to close contracts. this agent sweet talk here and there can liao. at least i don't harm livelihoods just for commissions.....

Quote Originally Posted by ocoloco79
    If she has the holding power to hold long long for this freehold property then shouldnt lead to loss right?? Assuming she is a firm believer of jlrx's propertism? Unless she cannot hold then hard to say.. short term nobody knows..
    Young Girl... its very clear in Short Term. Its not so clear in the Long Term.

If can hold forever.. practically no loss unless acquire by Govt. Even if property is $100k only, she is alright as long as she don't sell.

If no money to pay mortgage, and the market has turn sour... fall of 30% from her purchase price and the property has to be put up for auction. What do u think will happen to her 20% down. Not enough right?

During a peak/bullish period, she's paying $500psf over and above an average $1000psf for the area (i'm being generous too). So on paper, the premium she's paying during peakish times is about $200k.

In lacklustre periods, it is not inconceivable that the market decides that the average PSF of the area is $1000psf.

In bubble bursting periods, average PSFs of the area might even reach $700-$800psf or less. VV sellers will have to contend with owners of parc imperial and others along the stretch who will lose nothing buy selling at breakeven or small profit at those levels.

That would extend her paper losses from a $200k, to $350k on paper. Simply because it was overpriced to begin with.
    parc imperial first launch at 1.2-1.3kpsf....so i guess VV downside risk ard there...most imptly for MM units is whether the layout is livable and rentable anot....mabe she can post the layout she bot? or pm me?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Why is this area so hot?
    anywhr tat is low quantum and near MRT will be hot....previously, leicester suites, topaz all sold out....even MM in geylang

BUT i dun find VV near enuff to MRT....probably 10mins walk...i prefer within 5mins walk for MM

That's why overpaying to such a large extent (50%) of current peak avg prices for a locality is just begging for a loan topup during bad times.

Prices falling fr $1200psf to $1000psf is one thing, but at least the buyer is safe as it's within the 20% deposit threshold. Imagine the whole area falls to $1000psf but one bought at $1550psf. That's a 47% fall. That's a bank topup of $100k just to reach back to 80% LTV

Checked the distance. Mrt is abt 500 m away. 7 mins walk. I walked myself to verify distance

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    parc imperial first launch at 1.2-1.3kpsf....so i guess VV downside risk ard there...most imptly for MM units is whether the layout is livable and rentable anot....mabe she can post the layout she bot? or pm me?
    oops, ok then her premium is 25% over mean