Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cityscape @ Farrer Pk (Mergui Road)

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    You mean over at City Sq Residence? The one always hv lots of foreign workers hanging ard the condo & is very near to Desker Rd?

As for Cityscape at Mergui Rd, I didn't see the same situation when I usually hv my BKT along Rangoon Rd.. in fact I see lots of S'porean & some chinese foreigners
    Once the main Serangoon Road area get too crowded, the foreign workers will probably overflow into this area also. You may not see too many of them but just a few sitting on the pedestrian walkway/grass patches drinking beer will put off most residents.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Once the main Serangoon Road area get too crowded, the foreign workers will probably overflow into this area also. You may not see too many of them but just a few sitting on the pedestrian walkway/grass patches drinking beer will put off most residents.
    Think is not an issue.. overcrowded foreign workers at City Sq Res can still sell so good price.. so only a few sitting around at Cityscape shld be a better buy..
    No wonder developer planning to launch at higher price lor..

Saw the site plan & flr plan of some units posted on propertyguru..
    Looks like all units come with BIG balcony.. so big that even bigger than the master bdrm.

Sorry lah. The first part of the sentence is not correct lor. Paiseh paiseh for not doing proper research b4 making the statement
    Believe u still correct to certain extend as u might still be able to get around 1500psf for low floor not much view unit in Soleil IMO

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Believe u still correct to certain extend as u might still be able to get around 1500psf for low floor not much view unit in Soleil IMO
    Doubt so. Even low level 2-bedders at 368 Thomson (D11 wanabe) already previewed from $1,400 .

Doubt so. Even low level 2-bedders at 368 Thomson (D11 wanabe) already previewed from $1,400 .
    Well guess is still the school of thoughts FH vs LH. So 1400psf for 368 is ok lor

You mean over at City Sq Residence? The one always hv lots of foreign workers hanging ard the condo & is very near to Desker Rd?

As for Cityscape at Mergui Rd, I didn't see the same situation when I usually hv my BKT along Rangoon Rd.. in fact I see lots of S'porean & some chinese foreigners
    You take photos of foreign workers hanging around Kitchener Link where CSR is located & I will give you 1k.
    City Square Mall which is lcoated 20 metres from CSR unlike Cityscape has a clientelewhich is 90% Chinese at any time fo the week except for maybe 6 hours (Sunday evening) out of 168 hours in a week.

Cityscape is no comparison to CSR. Wait for Cityscape to be completed and see the rentals it fetch via-a-vis CSR.

If Citscape goes for 1500psf then CSR shoud move up to around 1700psf. Otherwise Cityscape is overpriced.

It is not that we are bad-mouthing condos near Little India. I have only visited CSR once and not been to CSM yet.

But then, bcoz I have visited that area (Serangoon Road) before, the general perception (it may be wrong) that comes straight to my mind is that there will be many foreign workers hanging around that area (although it may not be directly outside your condo).

To some people, they may be uncomfortable with the presence of foreign workers within a 1 km radius

Again, it also my perception that CSR may only be popular among South Asians and ang moh but not chinese families.

It is not that we are bad-mouthing condos near Little India. I have only visited CSR once and not been to CSM yet.

But then, bcoz I have visited that area (Serangoon Road) before, the general perception (it may be wrong) that comes straight to my mind is that there will be many foreign workers hanging around that area (although it may not be directly outside your condo).

To some people, they may be uncomfortable with the presence of foreign workers within a 1 km radius

Again, it also my perception that CSR may only be popular among South Asians and ang moh but not chinese families.
    i used to laugh at those who bot CSR...but prices proved me wrong

apparently, even geylang prices started to rise

anw, so many other areas to invest/stay, dun like just siam lor...

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    You take photos of foreign workers hanging around Kitchener Link where CSR is located & I will give you 1k.
    City Square Mall which is lcoated 20 metres from CSR unlike Cityscape has a clientelewhich is 90% Chinese at any time fo the week except for maybe 6 hours (Sunday evening) out of 168 hours in a week.

Cityscape is no comparison to CSR. Wait for Cityscape to be completed and see the rentals it fetch via-a-vis CSR.

If Citscape goes for 1500psf then CSR shoud move up to around 1700psf. Otherwise Cityscape is overpriced.
    Need me to take photo to show you?
    I tot you already mentioned lots of foreign workers hanging ard Serangoon area?
    But you maybe right.. so I think if Cityscape can sell 1500psf, if will push up the price at CSR

Need me to take photo to show you?
    I tot you already mentioned lots of foreign workers hanging ard Serangoon area?
    But you maybe right.. so I think if Cityscape can sell 1500psf, if will push up the price at CSR
    If you have ever explored the area properly you would surely agree that foreign workers do not hang around every corner of Serangoon Rd and definitely not in the immediate vicinity of CSR and that includes the 6 hours on Sundays when they are most visible.

they like to hang ard the small park beside CSR

They also like to hang around just opposite CSR kopitam.. esp. evening & wkend

so how this project doing? sold out?

No lah.. think will be launching soon after the 7th mth.. saw the showflat still under renovation when I passby last weekend.

No lah.. think will be launching soon after the 7th mth.. saw the showflat still under renovation when I passby last weekend.
    Now it would be interesting to see if they can still maintain $1500psf
    with the so called "cooling" measure .

Maybe avg is 1300psf.. 1500psf are those 2-bdr units on the very high flr.. I maybe wrong.

From BT today, "The launch of Cityscape by IOI group and Kim Seng Heng Realty will apparently be pushed back because of the market uncertainty. "

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    From BT today, "The launch of Cityscape by IOI group and Kim Seng Heng Realty will apparently be pushed back because of the market uncertainty. "
    $1300 to $1500 seems to be at the higher end of mass market properties. Mass Market $750 to $1500(max) higher than that?
    Mid end $1500 - $2500
    High end above $2500

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    $1300 to $1500 seems to be at the higher end of mass market properties. Mass Market $750 to $1500(max) higher than that?
    Mid end $1500 - $2500
    High end above $2500
    Farrer Park / Inner City (Dist. 8) / F'hold.. consider mass market??

personally, i would consider 1300 to 1500psf as mid. 1500 to 2000 as high end, 2000 to 3000 as luxury and > 3000psf as super luxury. but these days, also need to look at quantum and psf wise also probably pushing around 100+psf or more above the upper limits above for each category already.

cityscape should be mid market lah i feel.

Farrer Park / Inner City (Dist. 8) / F'hold.. consider mass market??

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    personally, i would consider 1300 to 1500psf as mid. 1500 to 2000 as high end, 2000 to 3000 as luxury and > 3000psf as super luxury. but these days, also need to look at quantum and psf wise also probably pushing around 100+psf or more above the upper limits above for each category already.

cityscape should be mid market lah i feel.
    aiyah....just go according to URA guideline: OCR, RCR, CCR....OCR=mass....RCR=mid, CCR= high end

watever u all want to claim...its all subjective oredi

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    aiyah....just go according to URA guideline: OCR, RCR, CCR....OCR=mass....RCR=mid, CCR= high end

that's right, its arbitary, it changes with times and policy. Just have a rough sense will do.

But some developer in OCR price then high high also.

So Cityscape @ Farrer Pk located at Mergui Road is consider OCR=mass mkt??
    I think is either RCR or CCR rite?

So Cityscape @ Farrer Pk located at Mergui Road is consider OCR=mass mkt??
    I think is either RCR or CCR rite?
    RCR to be exact lor....fringe of CCR if tat makes u happier

RCR to be exact lor....fringe of CCR if tat makes u happier
    Yeah, this project is RCR.. fringe of CCR Dist 9 & Dist 11.. yet is mins drive to Marina Dist 1

Site plan here:
    http://www.cityscapeatfarrerpark.com/

Floor plan here:
    http://www.virtualhomes.sg/ProjectWe...s.aspx?id=3127

Ultra big balcony, planters and bay windows!

probably previously approved under the old rules.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Site plan here:

Floor plan here:

Site plan here:

Floor plan here:

Base on the flr plan.. the balcony+planter area is almost the size of master rm + master bath rm.. actual build-in is smaller

Site plan here:

Floor plan here:

Base on the flr plan.. the balcony+planter is almost the size of master rm + master bath rm... become actual build-in area is smaller..