Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northoaks vs Woodsvale

Malaysia MRT suppose to connect to station near RP. The woodlands station should b built underground at the empty land on the east. Many soil test hv been done in recent months on that land.

Would that mean that resale prices at Woodsvale and Northoaks will go up some more or at least remain firm (even during market correction)?

Dunno whether can hit $700 psf within the next two years

I must agree that with the start of the construction of both the NS Expressway (along Gambas/Semwang Road) and Thomson Line (along Woodlands Ave 12), it will be nightmare for existing residents

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Would that mean that resale prices at Woodsvale and Northoaks will go up some more or at least remain firm (even during market correction)?

Dunno whether can hit $700 psf within the next two years

I must agree that with the start of the construction of both the NS Expressway (along Gambas/Semwang Road) and Thomson Line (along Woodlands Ave 12), it will be nightmare for existing residents
    maybe hit 800?? Those kena will be those facing the track or the NSE...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    from check point to woodlands station also underground? woodlands station above ground rite?

mantrix, have you huat?
    i only got one property in woodlands leh...should have bought more.

Prices already went up substantially for all woodies condos so i think someone leaked the news out a few months back...

Many factors I guess in play. Rich johorians or malaysians might buy some units in north if commuting is easy between their landed home and Singapore condo.

Maybe FCT will chiong big time in woodlands for the sites near woodlands mrt to create synergy.

Actually traffic only some detouring diversion. Not much of issue. I used to work in places where construction of the vivocity viaduct along Pasir Panjang before. Traffic deteriorate but still manageable.

Those working for LTA or SMRT confirm will know and buy up north already. Property safer unlike stocks where you will kenna call in for insider trading. Notice suddenly launches in north so many in last few mths?

Woodlands WILL be the next hub...north prices, time to go north...

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Many factors I guess in play. Rich johorians or malaysians might buy some units in north if commuting is easy between their landed home and Singapore condo.
    if commuting is easy, the malaysians rather stay in their landed hse and drive their big cars there.

* im not shooting down on any projects,but facts from the malaysians i know. in the past have frds, studying in sgp poly yet stay in jb despite of the current transport system.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    if commuting is easy, the malaysians rather stay in their landed hse and drive their big cars there.

* im not shooting down on any projects,but facts from the malaysians i know. in the past have frds, studying in sgp poly yet stay in jb despite of the current transport system.
    those richer ones still want to park their monies here.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Woodlands WILL be the next hub...north prices, time to go north...

Not many good projects in Woodlands. Still waiting for durians to drop. Hopefully they will release more lands...why ONLY and always at Woodgrove areas........there are so many pockets of lands.

Not many good projects in Woodlands. Still waiting for durians to drop. Hopefully they will release more lands...why ONLY and always at Woodgrove areas........there are so many pockets of lands.
    I feel the same way too!

That big piece of land next to Causeway Point - can easily build 300-400 units.

There's also a pond near Marsiling MRT - plenty of land there. Will be near both MRT + have waterfront and park view

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    Malaysia MRT suppose to connect to station near RP. The woodlands station should b built underground at the empty land on the east. Many soil test hv been done in recent months on that land.
    what about the bus interchange? all will be gone? I dont think so.... Woodlands station will be above ground for sure.

What I would think is that there will be a station for the JB/SG train somewhere next to republic polytechnic. It can be above ground due to cost or below ground due to security. For people who is going to Marina Bay, they will transit to Thomson Line from here. For people who is going to causeway point, they will transit at another new connecting station next to Woodlands MRT and then passenger will walk to woodlands MRT.
    Lets see if I am right.

Woodlands bus interchange is already below ground n above is MRT station, the work can be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    I feel the same way too!

That big piece of land next to Causeway Point - can easily build 300-400 units.

There's also a pond near Marsiling MRT - plenty of land there. Will be near both MRT + have waterfront and park view
    Bad air......

Channel 8 news announce nearby Properties of station to rise by 5-7%. 2 x parcel of land next to causeway point to be tender as integrated mall and condo. However, these two sites development most likely will start after JLD is developed.

what about the bus interchange? all will be gone? I dont think so.... Woodlands station will be above ground for sure.

What I would think is that there will be a station for the JB/SG train somewhere next to republic polytechnic. It can be above ground due to cost or below ground due to security. For people who is going to Marina Bay, they will transit to Thomson Line from here. For people who is going to causeway point, they will transit at another new connecting station next to Woodlands MRT and then passenger will walk to woodlands MRT.
    Lets see if I am right.

Woodlands bus interchange is already below ground n above is MRT station, the work can be challenging.
    Have been seeing some soil tests on the empty land near Woodlands ave 2. I guess the Thomson Line Woodlands station should be built somewhere near there.

Channel 8 news announce nearby Properties of station to rise by 5-7%. 2 x parcel of land next to causeway point to be tender as integrated mall and condo. However, these two sites development most likely will start after JLD is developed.
    so better sell now. by the time these are built all the HDBs are already 30 years old.

Have been seeing some soil tests on the empty land near Woodlands ave 2. I guess the Thomson Line Woodlands station should be built somewhere near there.
    test here and test there but dont know which spot they pick....

The one that is between maximum traffic and maximum capital gain.

Station will be at woodlands interchange - not sure if they want to build another station 600m away.

The soil testing is required for the mrt tracks too

I think the TSL RTS interchange is independent from the existing woodlands MRT and bus interchange. It cannot be located too near to existing for security and traffic congestion reasons. TSL RTS interchange should be located east side or north side of RP. It should be separate customs altogether.

I just wonder how government intend to develop this area since the crowd is a mixture of Singaporeans and Malaysians commuting. Hmmm.

I just wonder how government intend to develop this area since the crowd is a mixture of Singaporeans and Malaysians commuting. Hmmm.
    Rename the town as "Little Malaysia". Push all the malaysian PRCs to stay there.. Follow the Little India concept and Chinatown concept.. Let it be a town full of malaysians..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Rename the town as "Little Malaysia". Push all the malaysian PRCs to stay there.. Follow the Little India concept and Chinatown concept.. Let it be a town full of malaysians..
    If the concept materialize, I will be thinking of moving out of this town.
    In the meantime, I dun think the property price will be affected. I think before the stations are completed, the price will be stable or thrend downwards abit... thats my opinion only....

High chance that the new station will be built under the mall.

Is the news indicate which are land parcels? I guess are:
    1. the "pasar malam" land and
    2. the land next to Woodlands Ave 2, east of Civic center.

some nice works done by forumers on guessing where are the stations of thomson line.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...574137&page=44

can go shop around..

Just saw a nice unit putting up for sale, nicely renovated and selling with furnitures. Asking $670psf for 1,344sqft.

Ground floor with patio.

Northoaks just broke S$700psf (from a mailer that I seen in my mailbox)

Northoaks just broke S$700psf (from a mailer that I seen in my mailbox)

last transacted price is 669psf or 835K. its moving but has been slow as compared to the one I bought at higher price.

3 bedders inching up again, $679psf. At least a march towards $720psf in time to come.