Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacanza @ East

How many unit sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    visited the showflat today. A few comments
    1. The two showflats with the PES are simply too big for the size of the actual units. The 4-bedder of 1399 sqft, and 3 bedders of about 1100+, the showflats are truly a misrepresentation, and no AC ledge in the showflats. The AC ledge looks very big from the model
    2. The blocks are simply to near to each others. Those pool facing units will be able to hear the opposite block TV noise.
    3. 365 of resort living : just wonder how is it going to happen. Pool is too small for 400+ units...
    4. Too near to PIE and too far to MRT

HI all some news on sales of Vacanza in bold below if you are interested

Business Times - 05 Oct 2010

High demand seen for The Canopy
    Yishun executive condo previews this weekend with units at around $650-$700 psf
    By UMA SHANKARI
    DEMAND for the second executive condominium (EC) to be launched in the last five years - MCC Land's 406-unit The Canopy in Yishun - is expected to be strong once the project previews this weekend.
    MCC Land (Singapore), a unit of Chinese state-owned enterprise Metallurgical Corporation of China or MCC Group, intends to launch all the units at one go at prices of around $650-$700 per square foot (psf).
    The 99-year leasehold project at at Yishun Avenue 11 will have 2-bedroom, 2+1-bedroom, 3-bedroom, 3+1-bedroom, 4-bedroom and penthouse units ranging from around 870 sq ft to 2,200 sq ft, MCC Land said.
    The launch comes as the first EC development to be offered to homebuyers since end-2004, Esparina Residences at Sengkang, continued to see buoyant showflat turnout since applications opened last Thursday.
    Applications continued to come in thick and fast over the weekend.
    Developer Frasers Centrepoint has received close to 1,000 applications for the 573-unit development as of Sunday.
    'If sales (at Esparina Residences) pan out well, we expect stronger demand for another upcoming EC at Yishun (the 406-unit The Canopy) which is priced lower at $650 psf,' said DMG & Partners Research analyst Brandon Lee.
    Units at Esparina Residences are priced from $730 to $750 psf on average.
    ECs are a hybrid of public and private housing. New EC units are sold with initial eligibility, ownership and resale restrictions similar to public housing, but these restrictions cease to apply after 10 years.
    In contrast to the buoyant EC segment, market watchers said that buyer interest in mass market private homes has waned somewhat since the government introduced fresh measures to cool the property market on Aug 30.
    Hoi Hup and Sunway have sold around another 20 units of their freehold Kembangan project Vacanza @ East over the last week, taking total sales in the project to 110 units of the 141 units released. The project has 473 units in all.
    And over at Pasir Ris, City Developments also said yesterday that it sold another 23 units at NV Residences last week - taking total sales as of Sunday to 358 out of 400 units released in the 642-unit development.
    CityDev previewed the 99-year leasehold development on Sept 8 at an average price of $830 psf but later raised prices by about 1-2 per cent.

Hopefully got star buys

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Hopefully got star buys

are you looking for star buy in Canopy or Vacanza ?

would u want to live in that location ? that would be the first question i ask myself ..

no point buying a star buy ..say at Marsilling or sembawang ... if i dont even want to live there ...

Default Properties in Geylang a GEM ?

Rather than looking at such expensive condos in kembangan for investment, would it be better for investment to look at older resale apartments in Geylang area where 500-600 psf range can still be found ?

Any one has any views on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Rather than looking at such expensive condos in kembangan for investment, would it be better for investment to look at older resale apartments in Geylang area where 500-600 psf range can still be found ?

Any one has any views on this ?
    which project below 600psf?

There are a couple of apartments like Wing Fong mansions, summer view, crystal lodge. These are near to the kallang side which are supposed to at city fringe. I reckon the potential is there when the place is "cleaned up"?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    There are a couple of apartments like Wing Fong mansions, summer view, crystal lodge. These are near to the kallang side which are supposed to at city fringe. I reckon the potential is there when the place is "cleaned up"?
    u can try

This development has been pretty quiet recently. Anyone knows how are the sales coming along?

Starbuys? I dun mind pie facing if below 1k psf.

everything seems to be good about this property except that it is too far away from the MRT, far deep inside hilly part, hard to drive in and no discounts given.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    everything seems to be good about this property except that it is too far away from the MRT, far deep inside hilly part, hard to drive in and no discounts given.
    After your list of not so good about this propoerty..... "everything" seems to be only one thing... that is freehold.

Saw today's advertisement, 3 bedroom from 975psf only! Is the price dropping?

If I am the developer, I would try to clear as much as possible now.

If I am the buyer, I would wait

If I am the seller, I will lower my asking.

Draw your own conclusions.

Default Hb

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    If I am the developer, I would try to clear as much as possible now.

If I am the buyer, I would wait

If I am the seller, I will lower my asking.

Draw your own conclusions.
    Haha good one..
    On one hand I hope property price drop so I can pick up a couple more units but on a flip side, I hold a couple units now and hope the value will rise further..

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    Haha good one..
    On one hand I hope property price drop so I can pick up a couple more units but on a flip side, I hold a couple units now and hope the value will rise further..
    we call that dilemma... dielehman

I have solutions for you...

a) hope that Mass Market Property Prices crash but premium remain stable

or

b) hope that Premium property prices crash but Mass Market remain stable.

or best....

c) your units holding up very well when all other areas affected.

As long as economy doing well... property will continue to go up. Do fear a double Dip recession (if happens after elections). That could hurt many.

Option A please... But many forumer may kill me if this happen..

Due to next year's GLS and large unsold stocks, I think we should hold until at least 2 quarter next year if we are really keen to buy. By then many other developers will also start launching their projects and we will see more discounts. Having said that, we GLS I'm expect a flood of condos TOPs from 2012-2015, so really have to buy with caution. I'm diversifying into gold now

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Due to next year's GLS and large unsold stocks, I think we should hold until at least 2 quarter next year if we are really keen to buy. By then many other developers will also start launching their projects and we will see more discounts. Having said that, we GLS I'm expect a flood of condos TOPs from 2012-2015, so really have to buy with caution. I'm diversifying into gold now
    Good choice, many of my friends are into precious metal now. But like property price, gold is at all time high as well... But I guess still quite a safe bet for long term investment. Take a look at silver too.. People look for alternative when primary gets too hard to reach..

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    Good choice, many of my friends are into precious metal now. But like property price, gold is at all time high as well... But I guess still quite a safe bet for long term investment. Take a look at silver too.. People look for alternative when primary gets too hard to reach..
    Buy more silver!!! Help me to push up haha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Buy more silver!!! Help me to push up haha
    Very smart guy.. Vested long along huh... Good foresight

Yes, the gold price seems quite high historically. But I'm also looking at another perspective: they are also bought as Christmas gifts which are able to retain value. So they don't really cost that much since they can be sold back for cash at any time.

How to buy gold har? Just go to any goldsmith shop and ask for a gold bar?

The UOB at Raffles Place is selling. Buy small bars e.g. 100 gm (not too expensive and easier to sell next time) or if feeling rich, 1 kg. If buying too small pieces, then the price is exorbitant. Don't buy those fanciful designs or you end up paying for the designs.

Thanks!

Thanks!
    streetracks gold ETF

Gold and silver have no interest/dividends. Only hope for price appreciation. Will get caught when it depreciates.

Just drove passed this development this evening. It is quite close to PIE?

Yes, it is just beside PIE and the AMD factory.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Gold and silver have no interest/dividends. Only hope for price appreciation. Will get caught when it depreciates.
    i believe precious metals will crash when interest rates rise