Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Esparina

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    for first timers, that's strongly encouraged by everyone, even the govt!
    can catch it just after 5 years, sell on 10 is advisable.

This will make NV residences look so cheap haa haa....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    see the big picture?

Condo expansive = cheong EC

EC expansive = Cheong Condo

Condo cheap = Cheong Condo

EC cheap = Cheong EC

and after measures EC will get cheaper? If yes = cheong EC, if not cheong Condo

But ....

HDB always expansive one.

Quote Originally Posted by TQ2008
    here's the pricing found at theesparinacondo.com

Executive Condo Unit types:
    Unit Type No. of Units Area (sq ft) Price (approx) 2 Bedroom 165 829 S$600k-S$700K 3 Bedroom Compact 127 1001 S$700K-S$800K 3 Bedroom + Utility 156 1066 S$800K-S$850K 3 Bedroom Dual-key 53 1152 S$850K-S$900K 4 Bedroom + Utility 34 1367 S$950K-S$1.05M 4 Bedroom Dual-key 18 1464 S$1.07M-S$1.1M Penhouses 20 1690-2583 S$1.1M-S$1.3M Pricing: S$750-S$800 psf

These prices are on the high side.
    Here you go

http://theesparinacondo.com/the-espa...na-residences/

But NV not next to the mrt, this one is almost next to it.

The real winners are the owners of the Quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    But NV not next to the mrt, this one is almost next to it.

The real winners are the owners of the Quartz.
    Quartz got losers also but most would be winners. Imagine the prices, one condo and one EC. EC at or higher than condo prices.

The only way forward is for condo to be higher than EC. Experts say 30% margin. Quartz should ask $9xx to $1xxx psf now.

why would there be any losers from Quartz then?

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Quartz got losers also but most would be winners. Imagine the prices, one condo and one EC. EC at or higher than condo prices.

The only way forward is for condo to be higher than EC. Experts say 30% margin. Quartz should ask $9xx to $1xxx psf now.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    why would there be any losers from Quartz then?
    oh, said that ages ago.

Losers in a sense of paying more than 200k than neighbour's. They paid high price but neighbour got higher floor units at $200k less... loser right?

Go figure, posted that ages ago. Developer cut price to move projects. First buyers kanna screwed. But... maybe they have a reason to smile now. Quickly sell I would say to the buyers who paid more than $200k for a similar unit that their upstairs, downstairs neighbour's.

Smirk is the word to describe the smile when they meet in the lifts right?

oh, said that ages ago.

Losers in a sense of paying more than 200k than neighbour's. They paid high price but neighbour got higher floor units at $200k less... loser right?

Go figure, posted that ages ago. Developer cut price to move projects. First buyers kanna screwed. But... maybe they have a reason to smile now. Quickly sell I would say to the buyers who paid more than $200k for a similar unit that their upstairs, downstairs neighbour's.

Smirk is the word to describe the smile when they meet in the lifts right?
    Agree that all are winners now. Quartz location is better than Esparina.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyleftfoot
    Agree that all are winners now. Quartz location is better than Esparina.
    After NEX + Selatar Aerospace Industry, maybe TQ can start forming EN-BLOC committee liaw... The earliest condo that go for en-bloc

oh, said that ages ago.

Seriously I feel u believe u can/should time the market. This is, IMO, very wrong. Now doing back trading u said some quartz buyers are losers. I guess at the launch time u would probably have said quartz was a bad buy, due to ... Well whatever factors at that time. Now in 2010 this and double bay all suddenly seem like a good buy... And everything selling now is a poor buy, is this ur assessment ? Is there a project selling now that has ur "endorsement" ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Seriously I feel u believe u can/should time the market. This is, IMO, very wrong. Now doing back trading u said some quartz buyers are losers. I guess at the launch time u would probably have said quartz was a bad buy, due to ... Well whatever factors at that time. Now in 2010 this and double bay all suddenly seem like a good buy... And everything selling now is a poor buy, is this ur assessment ? Is there a project selling now that has ur "endorsement" ?
    I disagree with you, it is all about timing the market. Let me use an example on Stocks

SGX peak at around $15 dollars... versus trough at $4 plus... which one will you buy? when it is above $10... it is not so safe to buy... as it can lead u to $15 price but also $4 plus price. When do you buy? You buy when the price is RIGHT. At a time that you think is RIGHT.

The same goes for the Quartz. People buy and bite. Those who waited got bargains at $200k and below, same stack and higher floor somemore. Who is smarter, go figure.

If u need my pick, yes, waterfront waves, key and gold, one is sold out.

I disagree with you, it is all about timing the market. Let me use an example on Stocks

SGX peak at around $15 dollars... versus trough at $4 plus... which one will you buy? when it is above $10... it is not so safe to buy... as it can lead u to $15 price but also $4 plus price. When do you buy? You buy when the price is RIGHT. At a time that you think is RIGHT.

The same goes for the Quartz. People buy and bite. Those who waited got bargains at $200k and below, same stack and higher floor somemore. Who is smarter, go figure.

If u need my pick, yes, waterfront waves, key and gold, one is sold out.
    sounds more like hindsight....one can argue on genting stock: 1.2x seems very high....8xcts previous low....if miss the boat..1.2x enter seems high but also make $$ at todays price

ppty and stocks totally 2 different animals....

btw: FH=false hope?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sounds more like hindsight....one can argue on genting stock: 1.2x seems very high....8xcts previous low....if miss the boat..1.2x enter seems high but also make $$ at todays price

ppty and stocks totally 2 different animals....

btw: FH=false hope?
    Genting hit $2 recently.

It's not hingsight.. it is the ability to buy at a low and sell at a high.

It is a skill to buy at low. Some need luck also.

Can you time to buy at a low? Not so, you can only move forward and not backward. But you can always GRAB a bargain when you see one.

Genting had been at $60 cents for a long time.

Stocks can play long term also. Anyway, that stock is too risky now.

Was playing with Tag Line.

FH = Way to go man! only for landed only. For Houses.

Market timing is KEY.

Empirial studies have show that funds that uses a "market timing" strategy way outperform those using an "asset allocation/selection" strategy. In fact, those funds that use an "asset allocation" strategy has consistently underperforms the market. The reason is, most stocks (and even property) goes up and down together. As long as you enter at the right time, you will make money. This is also a less risky strategy than entering the market all-the-time (the dumbest being the dollar-cost-averaging strategy which gets lots of people into trouble when the market crashed)

In addition, they key is to find undervalued assets. Undervalued doesn't mean blue chips. Some blue chips are already fully-valued. For instance, Genting way outperforms Singtel in the stock market. Similarly for property. Those who only only buy "blue chip" luxury condos will miss out on the potential of other areas, which clearly shows greater potential for price appreciation.

I won't say everything today is a "poor" buy - but the probability of getting a "poor buy" is much higher than had you timed it right during 2005-2006. If you really want to buy now, this means you're engaging the inferior "asset selection' strategy, which means you have to look very hard for an undervalued property in an area that clearly has future growth prospect. If you entered during 2005, I'm sure the chances of you losing money is close to zero - even if you just throw a dice on a map.

If one really want to engage asset selection strategy without considering market timing, then most experts out there recommend buying the "high-end" segment. See advice below from UOB. Most experts have been recommending buying high-end property for the past 3 years as foreign buyers are coming because of F1 and IR and foreign buyers/funds do not bother about fundamentals. Also, many experts feel our SG government are biased (compared to HK) and generally do not dare to implement measures that will "hurt" the rich foreign investors. In short, most policy risks will ensure the rich gets richer and will only hurt the masses, e.g. HDB.

================

While we are cautious on the outlook for the residential segment, we see
    selective value in the high-end segment. The high-end segment is less
    susceptible to government measures and prices are still below that of key
    gateway cities. Wing Tai is our top pick in the high-end segment.

So comdorich, according to u, sgx now at 8 should buy is it ? Give u another one, google, 480 can buy ? It was 600 early this year u know ? Is this ur logic ? Look, u r simply doing back trading, and talk big. In may 2009 when sgx was 4 u were probably be talking STI can drop below 1000.

No one can time the market. If u can u will be instant billionair. Analyzing the market is a different thing. All your analysis smacks of amateurish coffeeshop talk cock material.

Devil/wild: I was simply testing his reasoning. Of course investment timing is critical. But this is not the same thing as believing one can time the market. That would be simply gambling. I was a bit irritated by the sudden flooding of postings from some self claimed gurus.

So condorich, according to u, sgx now at 8 should buy is it ? Give u another one, google, 480 can buy ? It was 600 early this year u know ? Is this ur logic ? Look, u r simply doing back trading, and talk big. In may 2009 when sgx was 4 u were probably be talking STI can drop below 1000.

No one can time the market. If u can u will be instant billionair. Analyzing the market is a different thing. All your analysis smacks of amateurish coffeeshop talk cock material.

Devil/wild: I was simply testing his reasoning. Of course investment timing is critical. But this is not the same thing as believing one can time the market. That would be simply gambling. I was a bit irritated by the sudden flooding of postings from some self claimed gurus.
    amk. Stop being such a kid. Try google under "Timing the stock market" to learn about it before you say further.

Get a degree first before u talk.

http://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&so...6kens3U8ek8E5A

back to the topic, how will they price the 2583sqft PH? Surely banks will only give a certain amount of loan for a $10K monthly income, guess the buyer must have loads of cash up front.

from the website http://theesparinacondo.com/the-espa...na-residences/

20 Penthouses 1690-2583sq ft S$1.1M-S$1.3M

so its $1.3m for 2583 sq ft? 503psf.

1.3m, even at 80% financing borrow 1.04m at 1.35% for 30 years = 3514.87. = "affordable"

Quote Originally Posted by wacko
    back to the topic, how will they price the 2583sqft PH? Surely banks will only give a certain amount of loan for a $10K monthly income, guess the buyer must have loads of cash up front.

Quote Originally Posted by wacko
    That's right... down 20% to 30% in cold hard cash... less problem later on.

Assuming 40% of 10k, monthly installment should be max $4k. If down in cash.. likely to be approved.

amk. Stop being such a kid. Try google under "Timing the stock market" to learn about it before
    u know my gut feeling is that u have neither the experience nor the capacity to do this business, but u enjoy talking here as a self claimed guru, finding some sort of satisfaction over at the forum. Ur postings are full of arrogance, ignorance, and disrespect to other forum members. MANY MANY experienced investors here are very humble. None of them is as arrogant as you, telling every one else "what u should do". We have been in the market long enough to know nothing is for sure. We give our view on the market, discuss, disagree or agree on the merit of each project. That's what the forum is for. Even the infamous stalin*** sometimes gave objective opinions albeit in a very interesting way. So please tone down ur "I'm here to tell u what's right". It's irritating. It's very obvious for ppl to tell whether some one has real experience or just talk cock. So pls stop embarrassing yourself.

u know my gut feeling is that u have neither the experience nor the capacity to do this business, but u enjoy talking here as a self claimed guru, finding some sort of satisfaction over at the forum.
    I don't care about your gut feelings at all.

Do this business? What business? "Self claimed guru?". Please do a search of all my postings and quote me on that - the exact phrase that I had made such a claim. Before you say anything else.

Ur postings are full of arrogance, ignorance, and disrespect to other forum members. MANY MANY experienced investors here are very humble. None of them is as arrogant as you, telling every one else "what u should do". We have been in the market long enough to know nothing is for sure.
    You have a problem with that? Get lost from this forum then. Forums are like that. You own this forum issit?

We give our view on the market, discuss, disagree or agree on the merit of each project. That's what the forum is for. Even the infamous stalin*** sometimes gave objective opinions albeit in a very interesting way. So please tone down ur "I'm here to tell u what's right". It's irritating. It's very obvious for ppl to tell whether some one has real experience or just talk cock. So pls stop embarrassing yourself.
    Please list down who you mean as "we"

I cannot be bothered with you.

Back to the EC, i think they are setting up a tent, most probably for pple to queue (S'poreans favourite pastime). Got queue also mean sure good hor...

Back to the EC, i think they are setting up a tent, most probably for pple to queue (S'poreans favourite pastime). Got queue also mean sure good hor...
    I won't be surprise that it hit the head lines in the news. At least in Cyber News, i.e. H88?. Agents can also join in the que right?

Give free ice cream also can.

or free MILO

or Free umbrella's

or Free Kites..

Sure got long long que.

Joking!

Got queue doesnt necessarily mean good. S'prean likes to join queue for security reason.

I stay in Seng Kang. This site is not the most ideal one because it will just next to the new mosque. you should have seen the no of cars illegally parking around the area last month during their fasting.

Around Buangkok, Compass pt, punggol park and in Seng kang, there are no less than 7 condo/ECs namely - Quartz, Rivervale, Park Green, Rivervale Crest, Compass Heights, Florida, Rio Vista, Too many in my view. This one and the land beside Park Green will add another to the list. There are also 2 reserve piece of lands beside Esparina and another nearer to compass pt. It makes a total of 10 condo sites in Seng Kang / Buangkok area.

I fear the case of over-supply of pte condo looming in Seng Kang??? All these are mass market development....

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie
    Got queue doesnt necessarily mean good. S'prean likes to join queue for security reason.

I stay in Seng Kang. This site is not the most ideal one because it will just next to the new mosque. you should have seen the no of cars illegally parking around the area last month during their fasting.

Around Buangkok, Compass pt, punggol park and in Seng kang, there are no less than 7 condo/ECs namely - Quartz, Rivervale, Park Green, Rivervale Crest, Compass Heights, Florida, Rio Vista, Too many in my view. This one and the land beside Park Green will add another to the list. There are also 2 reserve piece of lands beside Esparina and another nearer to compass pt. It makes a total of 10 condo sites in Seng Kang / Buangkok area.

I fear the case of over-supply of pte condo looming in Seng Kang??? All these are mass market development....
    Not to worry.

There will be demand from HDB upgraders later.

IMHO, the cycle is like this.

New EC supported by New HDB. HDB after MOP can upgrade to either new EC or older resale EC. As you can see.. many many HDB's coming up around this area. Not to worry but buy within your means for stay. Upside is relatively not that attractive as before. Until things change again.

Sengkang location is neither here nor there. Most of the goodies announced for the Northwest are in Punggol. Unfortunately, there seem to be no more land for economic developments in Sengkang.

But in terms of location, this ec is probably only third behind compass point and Quartz. The others location is not so good.

If you fear over-supply of condos in sengkang, just look at the number of HDBs coming up, that is the feeder mkt for the condos. so unlikely oversupply.

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie

I feel punggol will be for showcasing, riverfront living .... Sengkang today is actually quite livable with all the amenties. But you are right not much land left except fronting the rivers and at the central areas.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Sengkang location is neither here nor there. Most of the goodies announced for the Northwest are in Punggol. Unfortunately, there seem to be no more land for economic developments in Sengkang.