Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Esparina

$730-750 psf is CONDO price only a couple of months back!

I heard when first timers buyers can get something like $30k grant right? That would at least help pay for the first 20% (or is it 10%?) cash payment. Thats's why they might find this EC more affordable than private even if same price. But for the same price, first timers really should consider resale private because at least that is not constrained by the MOP rules and restrictions on the ability to invest in another property.

Looks like demand is still strong for reasonably priced projects in the suburbs.

I think the dual key units are attractive especially to EC as it is the only way to earn some income within the first 5 yrs lock in period by renting out the studio portion of the unit.

That is really a brilliant idea. Confirm no restrictions on renting out either side during 5yrs MOP?

Wah..u all so rich>?

And can't qualify to buy EC!

Quote Originally Posted by charvin83
    Wah..u all so rich>?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

hope so...haha

Planning to get a 3BR unit....
    Hopefully no major surprise on the pricing plan n good luck in the balloting...

Any idea the number of applicants, today's is the cut-off right?

Quote Originally Posted by i30yishun
    Planning to get a 3BR unit....
    Hopefully no major surprise on the pricing plan n good luck in the balloting...

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Any idea the number of applicants, today's is the cut-off right?
    No Idea man... but yup, today is the cut-off date to apply for balloting..
    I went down to showflat on Saturday, pretty crowded...
    My agent told me good chance for me, as i am first-timer. She told me there are more second timers than first timers, and 95% reserved for first timer.
    Don't know if it is true in general or just for my agent..

Not surprising as it is not exactly cheap by EC standards. anyway good luck to you...

No Idea man... but yup, today is the cut-off date to apply for balloting..
    I went down to showflat on Saturday, pretty crowded...
    My agent told me good chance for me, as i am first-timer. She told me there are more second timers than first timers, and 95% reserved for first timer.
    Don't know if it is true in general or just for my agent..

Not surprising as it is not exactly cheap by EC standards. anyway good luck to you...
    Thanks!
    Yeah i know not cheap by EC standard, the plus point is that it is near mrt.
    Then again, nowadays, the "mass market" condo aint cheap either, especially those that are near mrt.

Nearby Quartz going for 800+ psf. This EC with 30k grant, probably can minus 30 psf to the price for me, so around 670 to 720 psf hopefully. I think still reasonable.

I offered to buy Bullion Park (freehold at lentor area) 2BR for around 900 psf, got rejected immediately, asking for at least 960 psf...

location is the key. cross your fingers and toes that you can get the unit you want....

Thanks!
    Yeah i know not cheap by EC standard, the plus point is that it is near mrt.
    Then again, nowadays, the "mass market" condo aint cheap either, especially those that are near mrt.

Nearby Quartz going for 800+ psf. This EC with 30k grant, probably can minus 30 psf to the price for me, so around 670 to 720 psf hopefully. I think still reasonable.

I offered to buy Bullion Park (freehold at lentor area) 2BR for around 900 psf, got rejected immediately, asking for at least 960 psf...

location is the key. cross your fingers and toes that you can get the unit you want....
    I hope so too, all fated la.

Anyway, i just went to check out the HDB prices in the vicinity, not exactly cheap either!

265E Compassvale Bow 01 to 05 92.00
    Premium Apartment 2007 $430,000.00 Sep 2010 267A Compassvale Link 06 to 10 90.00
    Premium Apartment 2006 $437,000.00 Sep 2010 268A Compassvale Link 11 to 15 91.00
    Premium Apartment 2006 $475,000.00 Sep 2010 269C Compassvale Link 01 to 05 90.00
    Premium Apartment 2006 $409,000.00 Sep 2010 267A Compassvale Link 11 to 15 90.00
    Premium Apartment 2006 $485,000.00 Aug 2010

Similar pricing to the estuary launched earlier this year... Not interested in Yishun anymore? The canopy also launching soon.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Similar pricing to the estuary launched earlier this year... Not interested in Yishun anymore? The canopy also launching soon.
    estuary lots of planter and baywindows leh

Actually my parents stay in yishun, the flats just opposite Lilydale and Canopy. I know Canopy also launching soon. However Canopy really far from MRT and yishun is getting abit crowded. Roads leading into yishun (lentor and seletar camp area) also quite jammed nowadays in peak hours.

Just feel that Esparina has more potential than Canopy?

Actually my parents stay in yishun, the flats just opposite Lilydale and Canopy. I know Canopy also launching soon. However Canopy really far from MRT and yishun is getting abit crowded. Roads leading into yishun (lentor and seletar camp area) also quite jammed nowadays in peak hours.

Just feel that Esparina has more potential than Canopy?
    Yah, Yishun will not be that quiet rural relaxing town it used to be. So many new developments in the area and population is booming. Lentor avenue these days cannot take the increasing traffic anymore.

Yah, Esparina is one of the best located EC so far.

Yah, Yishun will not be that quiet rural relaxing town it used to be. So many new developments in the area and population is booming. Lentor avenue these days cannot take the increasing traffic anymore.

Yah, Esparina is one of the best located EC so far.
    I think Nuovo EC also quite near to YCK MRT.

Yishun is like a major construction site now, BTOs, DBSS, EC, Private condos... But i still love Yishun lah, spent so many years there.. haha

The 7 spas looks cool..

me also supporter of yishun! if not mistaken they're going to build more roads/highway to link to cte/others to divert and "spread" out the traffic.

I prefer 7 pools, think NV has 6 or 7 right?

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    The 7 spas looks cool..

thousand over ballot over 500 plus unit...experts telecasted in news on tv say the hot demand is due to the infrequent launch of EC since last time and private mass condo is stille xpensive...

this so called the property expert view...

is this the real reason? so called expert...

not surprising if most of the applicants are second timers.
    recent run-up in private condo prices had become out of range for many and they have to turn to EC.

but second timers only entitled to 5%, which is abt 28-29 units, think mostly will be 4 bedder + penthouse.... especially since they would have the ammo too

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    not surprising if most of the applicants are second timers.
    recent run-up in private condo prices had become out of range for many and they have to turn to EC.

quantum is not small. I wonder if there are so many first timers with so much ammo unless with some support from parents!

Does it work like that? What if only 20% of the buyers are first timers? Will they still die die allocate 95% to first-timer when only 20% apply? Or will they give first timer priority first, and all balance goes to second timers?

But looks like affordable condos are still in high demand. Looking at September caveats, prices seem firm.

but second timers only entitled to 5%, which is abt 28-29 units, think mostly will be 4 bedder + penthouse.... especially since they would have the ammo too

If it was 10 years ago, no problem to have 95% first timer and 5% 2nd timer. Now at current price, likely 5% first timer 95% second timer.
    What has changed? other then current price (which is benchmarked against the sudden peak only reached recently) is almost at private condo price?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Does it work like that? What if only 20% of the buyers are first timers? Will they still die die allocate 95% to first-timer when only 20% apply? Or will they give first timer priority first, and all balance goes to second timers?

But looks like affordable condos are still in high demand. Looking at September caveats, prices seem firm.
    Yeah, the condo prices are still holding well, even in surban areas, but probably with lesser sales. Sellers holding their prices while buyers waiting to see the market reaction after the cooling measures before committing.

Different people have different views and i can't say for certain that prices are going to go up or down. My feeling is that it will not drop but the rise will be minimal in the near future?

Considering market price now, i think Esparina is still ok considering 30k grant. Anyway, i can't sell it until 8-9 years later, which probably would have seen another property cycle?

Hoping not too many first timers this time round so i have better chance to get the units i prefer... haha

actually i am not sure how it works . Last time when EC was launching 6 years ago, did see but cannot apply. Now also cannot apply, so did not see.

maybe 130yishun can update us after lucky draw on friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon