Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thomson Line Stations

I found the post at skyscraper forum.

Like that looks like 99% confirm the Thomson line will passby lentor. The only thing we don't know is where the stations are.

But I think it is likely to be one at lentor and one at south AMK.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    which forum is that? kind of curious as my in laws stay in president gardens, which is what those landed units near the junction of lentor drive and yio chu kang junction are called. Not lentor gardens lah...

if you live there you will be surprised by how wide lentor drive is. I think it is three lanes road which is very unusual for road leading into landed estates. When my inlaws moved in like 20 years ago, they thought the government will built SLE or some other expressway there. but after many year, nothing is built there.
    search under google for "thomson line skyscrapercity".

Like that looks like 99% confirm the Thomson line will passby lentor. The only thing we don't know is where the stations are.

having one at lentor and one at south of amk puts them really close to each other. but perhaps, it'll be like novena and newton where the train will then be repositioned to turn towards mandai.

Good luck

The people staying there roughly knows the MRT station locations because of numerous soil tests, that is why their property prices have been jacked up since last year...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    having one at lentor and one at south of amk puts them really close to each other. but perhaps, it'll be like novena and newton where the train will then be repositioned to turn towards mandai.
    I thought that is around the same distance as YCK and AMK mrt.

If there is no station at lentor, it will be at springleaf which is pretty deserted. Lentor is good because you can serve some of the condos and HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The people staying there roughly knows the MRT station locations because of numerous soil tests, that is why their property prices have been jacked up since last year...
    there is soil test at lentor but we don't know for sure. I stay in lentor area too.

Next time we have NSE and NSL on one side and TSL on the other side.

there is soil test at lentor but we don't know for sure. I stay in lentor area too.

Next time we have NSE and NSL on one side and TSL on the other side.

sighting a soil test does not actually mean anything. it could be for other purpose, and don understand alot of ppls pointing to MRT....

to serve the whole kebun bahru community, the station should be somewhere near kebun bahru CC but there isn't a great deal of space there to put an MRT station.

maybe one of two blocks of HDBs to be demolish to give way for the MRTs ...........

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    sighting a soil test does not actually mean anything. it could be for other purpose, and don understand alot of ppls pointing to MRT....
    Building an underground station requires a lot of tests, because the soil is exerting pressure on the walls also. In another words, the more soil tests in the area, the higher the likelihood of the underground station.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Building an underground station requires a lot of tests, because the soil is exerting pressure on the walls also. In another words, the more soil tests in the area, the higher the likelihood of the underground station.
    understand that...only thing that wonder me is why sighting a soil test like 'default ' for MRT station ? just that we got to be objective...

if have time, read through the whole forum on Thomson line and see their argument. I think they have come to a very close guess on the track alignment and even stations location.
    I was puzzled initially with LTA's map that there was a "AMK" station north of Kebun bahru, as I tot Kebun bahru is area closer to upper thomson road. Later did I know HDB named the princt Kebun bahru *** left and right of the entire Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 from junction of Ave 3 to Ave 5. North of Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 is still called Ang Mo Kio.
    As for where is the best location for an "AMK" station, since there is already YCK station on NSL nearby. I think the Skyscraper forum is right to guess "AMK" at Lentor drive. It is not too far from Ang Mo Kio Ave 9. , yet able to serve the future need of the huge undeveloped land nearby. Maybe, Lentor drive may be renamed as AMK Ave 4, as this road is expected to extend all the way into the back of Tagore.

Smile

My guess only after studying the map and making a site site recce for the most probable route of the MRT line:
    The line will come down from the north near Lentor Ave and cross Yio Chu Kang Rd to Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 ( may be a station at junction of AMK Ave 5/Ave 2) The line will continue along AMK Ave 2 southwards to AMK Ave 1 and cross Bishan Park ( likely MRT Station east of Sin Ming Walk/Sin Ming Ave). The line will then continue southwards towards Upper Thomson Road with a station at the vacant site near Long House opposite Thomson Community Centre) This will be an interchange station connecting it to the Circle Line Marymount Station).

understand that...only thing that wonder me is why sighting a soil test like 'default ' for MRT station ? just that we got to be objective...
    Sighting a soil test means likely tunneling works, this couple by distances between stations and station names leads people to make some logical guesses on where the station might be based on the route of the tunneling.

Sighting a soil test means likely tunneling works, this couple by distances between stations and station names leads people to make some logical guesses on where the station might be based on the route of the tunneling.
    yup. but soil test could show that that area is not suitable for tunneling so it may mean a negative.

After all that is why all the soil testing is for.

But the report that LTA people is going into people's houses in lentor drive probably meant that MRT is going past lentor drive. I really cannot envision LTA disturbing people without being pretty sure where the line is going.

Lentor area affected by expressway right? Not necessary MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Lentor area affected by expressway right? Not necessary MRT.
    Lentor drive and yio chu kang junction is about 400m from the NSE that is running down ave 6 cutting across yio chu kang road.

Oh... Okay.... 400 meters from the junction for a mrt station... Sounds logical.

Can release more land there right?

There's plenty of green patches there to sell. But honestly, I didn't think there would be a station there, until someone mentioned that lta paid them a visit.

Bad luck if visited.. Fortune of god coming but ask u to go away with a small silver pot instead of golden pot.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Bad luck if visited.. Fortune of god coming but ask u to go away with a small silver pot instead of golden pot.
    Both gold and silver prices are falling... but at least better than going away with nothing? Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Both gold and silver prices are falling... but at least better than going away with nothing? Hahahaha!
    in tat sense, buy Gold better....at least can melt it to become jewellery for wearing...LOL

silver...err....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    in tat sense, buy Gold better....at least can melt it to become jewellery for wearing...LOL

silver...err....hehe
    White gold or yellow gold???

I think more stations to be announced soon...let's see if LTA really would, thanks to the passionate views of skyscraper city netizens, bulldoze a detour into the heart of Kebun Baru, AMK and Lentor bah...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    I think more stations to be announced soon...let's see if LTA really would, thanks to the passionate views of skyscraper city netizens, bulldoze a detour into the heart of Kebun Baru, AMK and Lentor bah...
    I think that now the links with Malaysia are firmed up, they would be keen to get going on the Thomson Line so that we can connect with our neighbour. But I thought the stations would not be announced for another 2 years as engineering studies are still ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Maybe they read condosingapore and listen to all the condo owners and bypass the thousands of HDB dwellers in AMK/Kebun Bahru so as to serve the landed estates of thomson hills.

Dun make sense... Also beware kana chase out. Offend 100 people in exchange for 100 000 votes, y not?

Maybe they read condosingapore and listen to all the condo owners and bypass the thousands of HDB dwellers in AMK/Kebun Bahru so as to serve the landed estates of thomson hills.

Landed owners and the prays stall at casuarina huat ah! If indeed the line runs alongside upper thomson road.

I meant prata stall.

Landed owners and the prays stall at casuarina huat ah! If indeed the line runs alongside upper thomson road.
    Its called Thomson line for a reason! Where else can it run if not thomson road, upper or lower? The bigger question is where will the station be located?

In any case, yes the landed owners will surely huat ah! Along with all the properties in that vicinity!