Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Thomson Line Stations

Watch out for the news ... Announcements coming soon...

as an investor, i will wait for these mrt to be announced and den shop during nxt downturn

its 99% tat next downturn will hit b4 these mrt is completed

now buy liao can see the construction only but cannot use....rental maybe affected as well if ur project too close to all these construction

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Watch out for the news ... Announcements coming soon...
    Eh if you were not a regular on this forum, I would suspect you of doing marketing for Thomson G. How come the timing of their launch is so good?
    Their px not even fixed yet, this will give them excuse to launch at even higher px. Hmmmm.....they have insider knowledge of the announcement too? Or maybe their feng shui master got power.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    as an investor, i will wait for these mrt to be announced and den shop during nxt downturn

its 99% tat next downturn will hit b4 these mrt is completed
    2015 - when SSD period is over. I think the project will be close to TOP by then.

buy now.. cannot grab more when durians fall.

buy later, even if pay more may still be cheaper than buy now (interest etc)

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Eh if you were not a regular on this forum, I would suspect you of doing marketing for Thomson G. How come the timing of their launch is so good?
    Their px not even fixed yet, this will give them excuse to launch at even higher px. Hmmmm.....they have insider knowledge of the announcement too? Or maybe their feng shui master got power.
    is that a compliment? LOL

I am vested in the far north, so any improvements in terms of infrastructure i am bound to follow closely, if you check my earlier posts. Hence I did research on this so have some strong hunches.

Earlier I was accused of being vested in meadows@peirce by another forummer just because i say they gonna huat...haha...i missed that launch but wouldn't buy that cos too close to road and land is sunken. As for TG - price too ex that's why i say MRT factored in. If not at 1200psf should be snapped up fast.

is that a compliment? LOL

I am vested in the far north, so any improvements in terms of infrastructure i am bound to follow closely, if you check my earlier posts. Hence I did research on this so have some strong hunches.

Earlier I was accused of being vested in meadows@peirce by another forummer just because i say they gonna huat...haha...i missed that launch but wouldn't buy that cos too close to road and land is sunken. As for TG - price too ex that's why i say MRT factored in. If not at 1200psf should be snapped up fast.
    haha I notice that forum members may attack others who give good comments on properties or areas that they are not vested in.

I am surprised that they would announce the stations so soon. I hope they open the rest of the Circle Line soon. Transport Minister flexing his muscles to show that he means business. That would be a good sign. But I hope the "Kebun Bahru" MRT is not too far from KB or there would be a big outcry from netizens. It's in PM's GRC too.

You're right, Meadows is close to the road. But the traffic there is not too bad compared to further down Upp Thomson. The NSE should also help to divert away the traffic in time to come. The ambience in the tall block is not bad. My kids Chinese tutor used to live there before the en bloc. It had a nice greenery view (unit facing away from the road).

haha I notice that forum members may attack others who give good comments on properties or areas that they are not vested in.

I am surprised that they would announce the stations so soon. I hope they open the rest of the Circle Line soon. Transport Minister flexing his muscles to show that he means business. That would be a good sign. But I hope the "Kebun Bahru" MRT is not too far from KB or there would be a big outcry from netizens. It's in PM's GRC too.

You're right, Meadows is close to the road. But the traffic there is not too bad compared to further down Upp Thomson. The NSE should also help to divert away the traffic in time to come. The ambience in the tall block is not bad. My kids Chinese tutor used to live there before the en bloc. It had a nice greenery view (unit facing away from the road).
    yup only the tall block high floors worth considering...the units there v rare. I agree, busiest if at the roads around thomson plaza area...

for others to attack is human nature lah...anyway i comment what i know and so far my predictions are quite 'zhun'

i would think announcements about more stations to come in following weeks

yup only the tall block high floors worth considering...the units there v rare. I agree, busiest if at the roads around thomson plaza area...

for others to attack is human nature lah...anyway i comment what i know and so far my predictions are quite 'zhun'

i would think announcements about more stations to come in following weeks
    The timing of the TG launch is TOO good to be just coincidence?

hmmm...shd have handed in the blank cheque for the early bird discount....but unfortunately I didn't like the lay out and thought it would be hard to get a decent rental return from that px. Maybe they would launch even higher IF the stations should be announced before they finalize the pricing. Let's see if I am proved wrong in the future.

The Minister of Transportation is away in China. Do you seriously think there will be an announcement soon?

Thomson road has a lot of potential to be developed. Bet there is some plan and Thomson line will run through and more on the way is housing and commercial development which blend in with the surrounding greenery and reservoirs. Will be comparable to or better than bukit timah?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Thomson road has a lot of potential to be developed. Bet there is some plan and Thomson line will run through and more on the way is housing and commercial development which blend in with the surrounding greenery and reservoirs. Will be comparable to or better than bukit timah?
    On par only if u can shift the elite schools over to thomson

Anyway the real ccr thomson will be novena area....and prices is on par wif bukit timah

Anyway the real ccr thomson will be novena area....and prices is on par wif bukit timah
    Novena is pretty developed from both a residential and commercial perspective. That's why it's on par with bukit timah.

If Upper Thomson becomes Bukit Timah then Mandai area will become their nature reserve

anyway with one MRT station potentially to be built at Mandai that place is going to heat up (though no residential area, mainly for zoo)

RI is in this area. So are Catholic High and St. Nicholas. These 3 are already occupying quite a lot of space here. Not much more space to shift another huge campus over.

Wasn't it in one of the previous Master Plans to develop the area (District 20)? I believe this might happen when the MRT lines, NSE are in place.

The area around Caldecott MRT is having major construction and road widening (for the MRT and NSE). I would expect them to release more land there for development. Doesn't make sense for them to have a few small-ish schools and nursing home there when it is so well connected for transportation.

I think Tagore has potential for development and more land release. There is a lot of land around there. This may take place if an MRT is sited there.
    Last edited by chiaberry; 30-06-11 at 23:32.

RI is in this area. So are Catholic High and St. Nicholas. These 3 are already occupying quite a lot of space here. Not much more space to shift another huge campus over.

Wasn't it in one of the previous Master Plans to develop the area (District 20)? I believe this might happen when the MRT lines, NSE are in place.

The area around Caldecott MRT is having major construction and road widening (for the MRT and NSE). I would expect them to release more land there for development. Doesn't make sense for them to have a few small-ish schools and nursing home there when it is so well connected for transportation.

I think Tagore has potential for development and more land release. There is a lot of land around there. This may take place if an MRT is sited there.
    There are some forested land which are protected around some reservoir area known as catchment area. Like the forest around Macritchie Reservoir that cannot have buildings. I think Tagore is like that too with buildings (industrial area) on one side and just forest on the other side, but I stand corrected!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    There are some forested land which are protected around some reservoir area known as catchment area. Like the forest around Macritchie Reservoir that cannot have buildings. I think Tagore is like that too with buildings (industrial area) on one side and just forest on the other side, but I stand corrected!
    Great minds think alike. I went to the URA site out of interest to look at the 2008 Master Plan. This shows the extent of the "Nature Reserve" land (includes the "catchment area"). The area around the Caldecott station is not designated as "Nature Reserve". There are some land parcels with quite high plot ratios (3) and a large area designated as "Reserve land". There is also quite a lot of "Reserve land" (in yellow colour) around the Tagore area which is not designated as "Nature Reserve". My interpretation of "Reserve land" is that these could be re-desginated as "Residential" by URA should the need arise at a later stage. Those which are the protected areas are clearly marked as "Nature Reserve" (in green) and those are not.

Interestingly, the area opposite Flame Tree Park is not all "Nature Reserve" as I had thought. There is some land designated as "Residential" but without plot ratio assigned. This includes the car park for the HSBC walk. The piece of land directly opposite Flame Tree is desginated "For detailed planning". I am not sure what that means. It COULD be a site for MRT station I suppose. But please don't attack me. I am only stating a POSSIBLE interpretation. There is no "Reserve land" or "for detailed planning" land in the middle of Kebun Bahru. The nearest undesignated land parcels are the land at the junction of Upper Thomson Road and Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 and a small plot next to James Cook University. The James Cook University site is desginated as "Residential" and not "Educational".

With regards to Lentor area opposite Calrose condo that is suggested to be a possible MRT station site, this is all designated as Residential. No plots of Reserve land or "for special planning" land indicated there.

I also stand corrected if anybody has more knowledge please chip in this discussion. Or if anybody has purchased the detailed version of the 2008 Master Plan please share additional information if there is any available on the purchased version.

Your study into this area as a happy resident is very detailed. Well done! From what you have studied, this area indeed possesses great potential for further development. Well this is but an understatement. The shear magnitude of available land under reserved status is in itself exciting. Well, if Thomson G is already hitting $1.4k psf, should announcements be made by the relevant authorities on their plans for these reserve plots, psf here would take on a whole new meaning! Watch this space!

You can also see the boundaries of the Nature Reserve on www.onemap.com.sg and will realise that there is still a lot of land not under Nature Reserve (more than you think).

I was particularly impressed by the multiple plots of land with plot ratio of 3 around Caldecott MRT station along Toa Payoh Rise. This seems to suggest that Toa Payoh Rise could be slated as a hub for future developments too. Which may even rival Novena. The plot ratio 3 sites could have MacRitchie Reservoir views (fyi Thomson 800 is only plot ratio 2.1). They can go as high as Sky11 (also plot ratio 3).

Again please don't tear me down as being biased. The plot ratios are there for all to see.

Note that this area has multiple routes into the City. These are CTE, Thomson Road, Lornie Road/Adam Road/Farrer Road. And akan datang NS Expressway. And 3 MRT lines (Circle/North-South/Thomson). It is better connected than Jurong. And with lower density of population than Jurong.

Educational institutions wise, if you don't count RI as an elite educational institution in that area, I don't know what to say.

I didn't say its the dragon pulse for nothing.

anyway, they just did a heart bypass yesterday... now the pulse is stronger.

may not be a good thing if govt gona build alot more residential in tat area? oversupply? wat if they build HDB instead?

may not be a good thing if govt gona build alot more residential in tat area? oversupply? wat if they build HDB instead?
    I doubt the govt would release it so fast. They get rid of their ulu land bank first lah. Leave the good ones for later. haha you think govt doesn't want or need vitamin M? Land parcel with good transport link (MRT at door step) to be used to build HDB? Well maybe some of it MIGHT (eg SERS for the Toa Payoh Rise residents) but I would have thought it made more financial sense for them to max their vitamin M infusion by using most of these areas for GLS. Let the HDB be built in Sengkang/Punggol etc next to LRT rather than MRT (note that Caldecott is a potential interchange station for Circle and Thomson Lines - not my idea, I read about it elsewhere). There's still PLENTY of land up North. The amount of money they are going to invest in the infrastructure for this area is huge (NSE/TSL). They have to get some vitamin M back in order to pay the bills. Since they are not going to increase your taxes or GST, where to get it??? Easy and quick way to get $$$ is GLS.

I doubt the govt would release it so fast. They get rid of their ulu land bank first lah. Leave the good ones for later. haha you think govt doesn't want or need vitamin M? Land parcel with good transport link (MRT at door step) to be used to build HDB? Well maybe some of it MIGHT (eg SERS for the Toa Payoh Rise residents) but I would have thought it made more financial sense for them to max their vitamin M infusion by using most of these areas for GLS. Let the HDB be built in Sengkang/Punggol etc next to LRT rather than MRT (note that Caldecott is a potential interchange station for Circle and Thomson Lines - not my idea, I read about it elsewhere). There's still PLENTY of land up North.
    see....some complain y only build btos in punggol, far north....y all nearer to town areas reserved for condos? some say like dat rich-poor discrimination

btw, i nvr say these....

may hf a mix of HDB and condo....bcoz its too big a piece of land purely for condos

another big piece of land at bukit brown(cemetry hehe)

woodleigh aso got many land avail....

So grab TG!!

see....some complain y only build btos in punggol, far north....y all nearer to town areas reserved for condos? some say like dat rich-poor discrimination

btw, i nvr say these....

may hf a mix of HDB and condo....bcoz its too big a piece of land purely for condos

another big piece of land at bukit brown(cemetry hehe)

woodleigh aso got many land avail....
    They built HDB in Tanjong Pagar, time to build in Orchard and Marina Bay...then all bets are off and no more discrimination

One or two mega HDB blocks along this line to build up the ridership. Thereafter.. condo, ec and dbss..

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    One or two mega HDB blocks along this line to build up the ridership. Thereafter.. condo, ec and dbss..
    hmm very possible....

build HDBs first and den build some amenities or Malls den in between plots for EC, condos.....like dat ppl can upgrade to condos....all happy....

anyway, i am ok for condo to be wif HDBs...it will aso means u will hf gd demand from upgradders....hehe

Govt very smart one... they'll confirm the MRT station locations in this area then start putting up land parcel for sales! Like that can earn more. If sell land first then announce MRT station location, then developers happy and sing song to the bank lor!

So grab TG!!
    Wait grab already then announcement say MRT is 3 busstops away then you . Its always a gamble!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Wait grab already then announcement say MRT is 3 busstops away then you . Its always a gamble!
    I think the devil's strategy is right. Wait for announcement. Wait for next px correction. Then go in. After all it will be 7 years to completion of TSL (that's provided no delays). In theory there shd be another px correction before then (again a gamble so decide which way you want to gamble!)