Thread: The Canopy @ Yishun EC

Default The Canopy @ Yishun EC

Found some info about this new EC.
    Site plan:
    http://www.bestsingaporepropertiessi...Site-Plan.html
    Floor Plans:
    http://www.bestsingaporepropertiessi...loor-Plan.html

No planters and no bay windows.

Layout looks pretty decent, all bedrooms are of decent size.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Found some info about this new EC.
    Site plan:
    http://www.bestsingaporepropertiessi...Site-Plan.html
    Floor Plans:
    http://www.bestsingaporepropertiessi...loor-Plan.html

No planters and no bay windows.

3BR and above got double Balconies!
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    3BR and above got double Balconies!
    No leh... 2BR also have double Balconies but quite nice

why so excited about balconies? Isn't it a waste of space?
    but floor area looks very well utilised though.

balconies are alright. depends on individual preference. better than bay windows and planters.

finally a decent floor plan. i wonder why CDL has not been packing in such efficient designs of late (since hundred trees).

Default 1.38M

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-condo-yishun

I thought ECs can only be sold to applicants with an income ceiling of 10k ? Is there a buyer in this category for a price tag of 1.38M ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk

I thought ECs can only be sold to applicants with an income ceiling of 10k ? Is there a buyer in this category for a price tag of 1.38M ?
    1. Income 1k... bank account 1-10-100 million.. can buy right? $1 Apple CEO example also can..

2. If want to buy in open market without the 1st timer grant... have to wait for balance units.

3. Penthouse can also be for rich parents buying under son/in law, daughter/in law names.. all part of the family and staying together.. just have to make sure that he has some interest locked in.

still got 5% for the 2nd timer

in the advert, monthly payment using ppty guru's calculator at the side of the page is 3,740. still within 40% of 10k income ceiling. hahaha

A friend told me that she has received a flyer.. say prices start from $6xx...

EC is not for me. Too restrictive and quality not as good as other private condos.

EC could be next in line after HDB to make pretty good margin or rental yield. Some ECs are pretty well built and designed.

Now HDB upgraders will fall back to upgrading to EC rather than private. No need to pay 3% tax as they can sell only after 5 years. Can Live in EC and switch to many many EC's. That's the new playground. EC.

From BT today "BT understands OUE will officially roll out Twin Peaks, a high-end project in Leonie Hill Road, on Sept 18. And Frasers Centrepoint has said it will go ahead with the launch of Esparina Residences - an executive condominium (EC) project at Sengkang - in October as planned.
    Another EC project - the Canopy, by MCC Land at Yishun - is also scheduled for launch in October."

Default 5 years lock time

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Now HDB upgraders will fall back to upgrading to EC rather than private. No need to pay 3% tax as they can sell only after 5 years. Can Live in EC and switch to many many EC's. That's the new playground. EC.
    When you say switch, do you mean after 5 years ... or one can switch to other EC even within 5 years?

Thanks,
    Richard

Looks like the launch is timed to catch those who were not sucessful in getting a unit in esparina.

My mother told me, every time many EC launches = market crash - from her experience in the SG property market Still in school the last time the EC launches preceded the market crash.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Looks like the launch is timed to catch those who were not sucessful in getting a unit in esparina.

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    When you say switch, do you mean after 5 years ... or one can switch to other EC even within 5 years?

Thanks,
    Richard
    I mean switching to EC's which are at least 5 years or older for Singaporean and PR's. After 10 years, its free for all.

Lilydale beside it enjoyed price appreciation from $550k to $700k at least.

this one good? so ulu... so deep inside...

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    One of the best public housing in Yishun.

Agree that it is so deep inside.

Beware, the yishun stabbing culprit is still on the loose.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_485390.html

http://www.asiaone.com/static/multim...100103_yishun/

Photos....

The "Eat, Pray, Love " generation - the more ulu and secluded, the better.

Ulu is the new cool.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby

Default Spacious

I mean switching to EC's which are at least 5 years or older for Singaporean and PR's. After 10 years, its free for all.

Lilydale beside it enjoyed price appreciation from $550k to $700k at least.
    I jogged from MRT station to the site, about 20+ mins. So you need a car. There will be shuttle bus for the first 2 years - 30 mins interval.

The 3 bedders are 1200++ sqft, selling at S$750K, very nice internal layout: living rooms are so BIG. Not bad for young couple for own stay if you don't mind far, far way.

Not sure whether the North Coast Line MRT will pass somethere nearby.
    There are so many HDB nearby, so there is a chance.

I heard there are 1000+ viewers, but I see mostly the nearby HDB upgraders.

It is slightly better than Lilydale - not facing the main road. And yes, I like those baclonies. (1 for hall and 1 for master bedroom).

Thanks,
    Richard

Quality also quite good. Looks better than esparina. I don't think can have good views. At least location wise here is quite near to some good primary schools.

Default The Canopy in Yishun

How is the response for The Canopy ?

Default Not very good response

Quote Originally Posted by pupboy
    How is the response for The Canopy ?
    My wife has followed me to view the showflats. She likes the the layout very much. For 4 bed room, 1400 sqft, it is S$900K.
    However, the general response is not very hot. There were reporters there yesterday, but no mentioning in the newspaper today. I've asked the agents, whether ballot is needed, he says need to wait for the number of submissions. I guess that means there are still units left.
    Too bad, I cannot afford the opportunity cost for not holding private for 10 years (2.5 years after I sell the private, 2-3 years for construction, and 5 years MOP).

Thanks,
    Richard

Booking is this coming weekend. I suppose by then the price will also be released. Probably lower than $650 psf?

Default http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1086250/1/.html

Yishun EC attracts young couples, families over weekend
    By Evelyn Lam | Posted: 10 October 2010 2254 hrs

SINGAPORE: Since its launch on Saturday, the new executive condominium (EC) project in Yishun, The Canopy, has attracted 240 applicants over the weekend.

Its showflat attracted mainly young families and residents living around Yishun, with about 60 per cent of those present being young couples aged 35 and below.

Although some buyers are still cautiously observing the property market, estate agents feel that the ECs could appeal to a sandwiched income class.

Joseph Tan, Executive Residential Director with CB Richard Ellis believes that there is still an interest in EC projects.

"I think this move shows that there is an anticipation to fill in the gap and demand. But at the end of the day, it's still pricing...because so long there's a sufficient differential between the EC pricing and private condominiums, there is definitely a demand for an EC market, given current pricing today," said Mr Tan.

As for The Canopy, its developer said its location in a mature estate is attracting a certain group of buyers.

"A majority of residents in Yishun are families with grown-up children in their 20s or 30s, who want to raise their own families but still want to live near their parents," said Tan Zhiyong, Managing Director of MCC Land.

The project consists of 406 units, going for an average of S$600 to S$700 per square foot.

-CNA/ac
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Don't be too sure, I beg to differ. EC can tie u up to 10 years before u can sell, including waiting for completion. How many 10 years do you have in life?

10 years? Imagine 30 years old and still young and active wait until 40 years old and lau kok kok oredi then can shift. 10 years and the best part of your life in your thirties waiting (20s not considered best part because still accumulating wealth). That's why I cannot understand how anyone can wait 4-5 years for new launches. Maybe I'm the instant gratification type - at most can wait few months to collect keys .

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Don't be too sure, I beg to differ. EC can tie u up to 10 years before u can sell, including waiting for completion. How many 10 years do you have in life?

Haha "how many 10 yrs do u have in your life", just sound like a close friend of mine xan do I know u ?

Agreed completely with you.

And agreed with wild too: if u r really 1st timers then most likely ur best 10 yrs are being locked in. ( although u cannot extrapolate to any new launch lah. Most new launches really just need 3 yrs. )