Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Lanai

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I tot someone mentioned there are a few units left? U can still grab it if you want. I doubt the price will spike that much for places like hillview128, montrosa, hillview residence and merawoods. As for glendale it has many reasons to go at high price....again I really dun see any selling point for lanai.
    mabe u go help us check out the latest hillview prices? sm1 mention 1150psf? 100psf extra...alot for me wor

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I wonder how lanai is a good project if it is neither on the top side of the hillview avenue and it sits right next to the main road and opposite the factory. This somehow market itself same class as minor hillview 128. Also, the price 1300+psf is just way off....

this sounds familiar like another far east project at bukit timah, Jardin
    maybe will market as Jardin of hillview haha

Wah lau eh. Didn't even know got "preview" - and they sold 76 units oredi?

======

Property developer Far East Organization has announced that it sold 76 units, including a bulk deal, at a preview of The Lanai project which began on October 9.

Located in the Hillview area, the 10-storey development comprises 214 units in six towers. The project includes a mix of two-, three-, and four-bedroom units with sizes starting from 947 sq ft.

The developer released three towers with a total of 110 units for the weekend preview. The official launch for the project is expected next weekend.

Separately, another 20 units at the Esparina Residences EC were sold over the weekend, while another EC project in Yishun, The Canopy was launched for sale at the same time, with an average price of approximately $650 psf.

Source : PropertyGuru – 12 Oct 2010

we dunno how big is the bulk purchase mah. scarly 70 units sold to bulk buyer (= far east's friends) hahaha. just received a call from an agent half an hour ago, i told him, not interested, not looking at buying ppty any more, not intending to rent nor sell my current house in answer to his questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Wah lau eh. Didn't even know got "preview" - and they sold 76 units oredi?

======

Property developer Far East Organization has announced that it sold 76 units, including a bulk deal, at a preview of The Lanai project which began on October 9.

Located in the Hillview area, the 10-storey development comprises 214 units in six towers. The project includes a mix of two-, three-, and four-bedroom units with sizes starting from 947 sq ft.

The developer released three towers with a total of 110 units for the weekend preview. The official launch for the project is expected next weekend.

Separately, another 20 units at the Esparina Residences EC were sold over the weekend, while another EC project in Yishun, The Canopy was launched for sale at the same time, with an average price of approximately $650 psf.

Source : PropertyGuru – 12 Oct 2010

lanai 1300psf....take how long to breakeven??

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    we dunno how big is the bulk purchase mah. scarly 70 units sold to bulk buyer (= far east's friends) hahaha. just received a call from an agent half an hour ago, i told him, not interested, not looking at buying ppty any more, not intending to rent nor sell my current house in answer to his questions.
    yes, we buyers have gone on strikes. We will not hand in our hard earned money to the developers at such obscene prices. I will not buy either.

strangely, my offer getting higher after cooling measures....

good for u! but also previously u said your offers coming in low mah. so efficient market now brings your value more in line as those overhyped ones lose steam.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    strangely, my offer getting higher after cooling measures....

The most "hush-hush" preview ever - no SMS no invitations whatsoever. I wonder how much "discount" this bulk buyer manage to negotiate?

So for those who think that developers will sell cheap if they get their land cheap - think again. Far East acquired the land at $371psfppr and now selling at $1,300psf. I wonder if Lam Soon warehouse nearby will sell that plot of FH land in Hillview? It should be quite "valuable".

====
    FAR East Organization is said to have sold 76 units at The Lanai, a 999-year leasehold condo in the Hillview area, at a preview that started last Saturday. The units sold include a bulk deal.

Prices at the 10-storey project start at $1,290 psf. The bulk purchaser would probably have obtained a discount.

The development comprises 214 units in six towers. Apartments include a mix of two-, three-, and four-bedders. Sizes start from 947 sq ft for a two-bedder.

For the weekend preview, the property giant released three towers totalling 110 units. The official launch, marked by the start of an advertising campaign, is expected next weekend.

Far East is developing the project on a 123,494 sq ft site at Hillview Avenue which it bought from a unit of Cerebos Pacific back in 1996 for $88 million. The land price at the time worked out to about $371 per sq ft per plot ratio, based on media reports back then. Cerebos previously used the site for manufacturing.

In the Sengkang area, Frasers Centrepoint has sold another 20 units at Esparina Residences executive condo (EC) during the weekend, taking total sales to 364 units. Sales began last Friday. The average selling price is $740 psf. Esparina comprises 573 units.

Another EC project, The Canopy in Yishun, goes on sale this weekend. The average price is expected to be about $650 psf. ECs are a hybrid of public and private housing.

Source: Business Times © Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.

The most "hush-hush" preview ever - no SMS no invitations whatsoever. I wonder how much "discount" this bulk buyer manage to negotiate?
    FEO got big, big family, and loads of "connected" people, if own people buy up, the number of units sold will look very nice indeed.

But $1300 psf in an area when people are doing at $700 psf? Petals got recent advert at $700 psf, freehold somemore.

Petals got some "strange" units, like penthouse 2 bedder with the entire rooftop. Very hard to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    FEO got big, big family, and loads of "connected" people, if own people buy up, the number of units sold will look very nice indeed.

But $1300 psf in an area when people are doing at $700 psf? Petals got recent advert at $700 psf, freehold somemore.

Petals got some "strange" units, like penthouse 2 bedder with the entire rooftop. Very hard to sell.
    Was wondering whether to put a roof top open air jacuzzi if we got that type of unit!

in tat area...resale all above 800psf for standard units lah...dun be fooled by 700psf

i kind of missed the boat for hillvista leh...1050psf for 5th flr....zzz

Got....see the recent caveats lodged...and got people continue to bargain it down recently...HEEHEEHEE...the table came out wrong, but underlined is the PSF price.

[quote=devilplate]in tat area...resale all above 800psf for standard units lah...dun be fooled by 700psf

Project NameStreet NameTypeNo. of UnitsPrice
    ($)Area (Sqft)1
    Type of Area2
    Unit Price ($psf)3
    Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement SignedTHE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium1810,0001,195Strata678Sep-10THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium11,200,0001,636Strata733Sep-10THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium11,180,0001,636Strata721Aug-10

[quote=sfwoo]Got....see the recent caveats lodged...and got people continue to bargain it down recently...HEEHEEHEE...the table came out wrong, but underlined is the PSF price.

in tat area...resale all above 800psf for standard units lah...dun be fooled by 700psf

Project NameStreet NameTypeNo. of UnitsPrice
    ($)Area (Sqft)1
    Type of Area2
    Unit Price ($psf)3
    Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement SignedTHE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium1810,0001,195Strata678Sep-10THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium11,200,0001,636Strata733Sep-10THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium11,180,0001,636Strata721Aug-10
    u aiming to buy a unit there?

i only eyeing glendale park....but 850-900psf leh

i also looking at that area lei......
    VL

[quote=devilplate]
    Got....see the recent caveats lodged...and got people continue to bargain it down recently...HEEHEEHEE...the table came out wrong, but underlined is the PSF price.

u aiming to buy a unit there?

i only eyeing glendale park....but 850-900psf leh
    In some ways, Glendale is better. Communal space large. Walk to MRT soon.

Petals gotta contend with heavy, heavy traffic at the doorstep during rush hr in the morning.

Petals was launched at around $500 psf I think.

[quote=sfwoo]

In some ways, Glendale is better. Communal space large. Walk to MRT soon.

Petals gotta contend with heavy, heavy traffic at the doorstep during rush hr in the morning.

Petals was launched at around $500 psf I think.
    i seriously cannot undrestand why people paid so high for neighbouring projects to Petals ..

esp that LH one Hill something ...

petals has pretty good layout ...

hillview regency...far east's pride. one of the few 99 years in that area. rare! must grab! hahaha they finish selling liao or not?

[quote=proud owner]

i seriously cannot undrestand why people paid so high for neighbouring projects to Petals ..

esp that LH one Hill something ...

petals has pretty good layout ...

[quote=bargain hunter]hillview regency...far east's pride. one of the few 99 years in that area. rare! must grab! hahaha they finish selling liao or not?

this project really CMI....haha

I love the Lanai. Just bought a unit there. Really worth the value as it have the best finishes and facilities. When I get my house, neighborhood projects already very old. Probably 12 to 15 years old. Got a very good price before launch as there's early bird discount and furniture voucher. So happy.......

care to share what is the psf AFTER discount? coz the papers reported 1290psf which apparently most of the forumers here found to be quite steep.

Quote Originally Posted by steventym
    I love the Lanai. Just bought a unit there. Really worth the value as it have the best finishes and facilities. When I get my house, neighborhood projects already very old. Probably 12 to 15 years old. Got a very good price before launch as there's early bird discount and furniture voucher. So happy.......

Are you the bulk purchaser?

Now still early bird period? Maybe I should kpo to go see look.. Can share how much discount? 20%? 30%? kekeke....

Why didn't u consider Hillvista - immediate occupation and superb views.

Congrats!
    But you really sound like the FE agt who has emailed me about The Lanai.....

Quote Originally Posted by ozcraze
    Congrats!
    But you really sound like the FE agt who has emailed me about The Lanai.....

so strange

he came .. posted a msg ... bought a unit.. with disc .. furniture vouchers ??? (desperate act) ... and then DISAPPEARED ..

7 hrs already ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    so strange

he came .. posted a msg ... bought a unit.. with disc .. furniture vouchers ??? (desperate act) ... and then DISAPPEARED ..

7 hrs already ...
    Ppls damn happy, must be go celebrate or something mah. Give 10 more min la.

Are you the bulk purchaser?

Now still early bird period? Maybe I should kpo to go see look.. Can share how much discount? 20%? 30%? kekeke....

Why didn't u consider Hillvista - immediate occupation and superb views.
    I bought at 1310psf. Was given 15% + 2% furniture voucher. Regarding Hillvista, its fully sold la. Anyway, Hillvista finishes and amenities are nowhere near Lanai. You see and saliva drip. See for yourself and you will know why I bought.

I bought at 1310psf. Was given 15% + 2% furniture voucher. Regarding Hillvista, its fully sold la. Anyway, Hillvista finishes and amenities are nowhere near Lanai. You see and saliva drip. See for yourself and you will know why I bought.
    1310psf after discount???

Far east now super smart....they still got remaining 28 units of Mi Casa unsold and they shifted the Mi Casa Model to Lanai showflat...

if buyers find Lanai prices too steep....i am sure they will readily push them to Mi Casa....one 1300psf and the other 8xxpsf....

I been to Lanai showflat, very impressive furnishing....layout is very efficient as usual. suddenly i feels far east projects very spacious as compared to other new launches like Scala, NV and even minton...

fully equipped kitchen (agt keep stressing developer throw in 45k for the appliances)

90X90 marble flooring

not much views though....

smallest 2bedder from 1.3xmio (13xxpsf after less)

strange thing is: model not ready yet and yet can still sell 7x units oredi at record breaking price in tat area

btw, congrats on ur purchase

Not officially "launched" yet right? I notice 3 showflats in the area. The Lanai, Suncottages and Mi Casa. Very clever lah - if you got higher budget, they direct you to Suncottages landed property. If got lower budget, they direct you to Mi Casa )) So you're enveloped left right center. Looks like Hillview not going down the small units route like many CCR and RCR areas? Could be a good thing - every locality needs to have a niche - large and spacious near parks and nature is quite a unique selling point.