Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Lanai

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Not officially "launched" yet right? I notice 3 showflats in the area. The Lanai, Suncottages and Mi Casa. Very clever lah - if you got higher budget, they direct you to Suncottages landed property. If got lower budget, they direct you to Mi Casa )) So you're enveloped left right center. Looks like Hillview not going down the small units route like many CCR and RCR areas? Could be a good thing - every locality needs to have a niche - large and spacious near parks and nature is quite a unique selling point.
    D23 lucky to have FEO? ride on them and no MM

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    smallest 2bedder from 1.3xmio (13xxpsf after less)

strange thing is: model not ready yet and yet can still sell 7x units oredi at record breaking price in tat area

7x units sold is excluding the bulk purchase? If so, that's really impressive! So many rich peeps around!

Heard that psf higher for bigger units?

Quote Originally Posted by ozcraze
    7x units sold is excluding the bulk purchase? If so, that's really impressive! So many rich peeps around!

sell to FE sister company?

I think there are couple of rich pple in the north with cash as they manage to save cash as their current property is cheap during those time they bought.

No lah. 78 units including the bulk purchase.

So I heard, the LARGER the units, the higher the PSF! The 4-bedders has the highest PSF. This is not normal at all...

FEO did that for Cyan and in the process of doing the same for Altez simply because the bigger units are located on top of the smaller units which are lower floors. another smart strategy by far east.

So I heard, the LARGER the units, the higher the PSF! The 4-bedders has the highest PSF. This is not normal at all...

Oh.... i see......

The bulk purchase should be 75 or 76units?

That means only 2-3units sold?

Nobody knows lah. It's not even officially launched or heavily marketed and model not even ready. Unlike Glynderbourne (I call it the Bourne Identity) - everyday I receive like flyers on my windscreen, in the mailbox, and SMSes etc. - really overkill liao. This one seem quiet and dignified.

Oh.... i see......

The bulk purchase should be 75 or 76units?

That means only 2-3units sold?

May not be smart strategy. I'm sure had FEO gone down the "small units to squeeze PSF" route, they would have achieved even higher PSF and much better sales performance. Look at the recent launches at Orchard like Suites@Orchard- very small units and selling like hot cakes. Singaporean's budget is limited - those who die die must stay Orchard just "settle" for tiny units that is within one-bamboo length from your neighbouring condo. The total absolute quantum at Lanai is way higher than Suites@Orchard MM - a person who wants to be "perceived" as "successful" will probably laugh at any "moron" who bought Lanai at such a high quantum without getting much prestige. Presumably a person who stays in Orchard will always be seen as more "successful" in our status-conscious society - regardless of the size of the unit. Such "niche" development with spacious units like The Lanai will probably appeal to to a very niche crowd which means it will take a long time to sell out. In short, may not be the best selling strategy from a profitability and cash flow perspective. Anyway, I think maybe it is not in FEO DNA to sell MMs lah.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    FEO did that for Cyan and in the process of doing the same for Altez simply because the bigger units are located on top of the smaller units which are lower floors. another smart strategy by far east.

I just visited Lanai showflat yesterday. I quite like the Hawaiian theme.. Seems like a resort rather than a condo..

The psf is higher compared to the surrounding developments, but come to think of it, i don't think a brand new project in any location, will be released at the pricing of older developments.. Then who will still buy the old developments, and most probably all the new units will be snapped up even b4 any official launch.

As my parents r stayin ard this area, me n my wife now lookin around at new projects around hillview, upper bukit timah or bukit batok areas. Anyone has recommendations? Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus
    I just visited Lanai showflat yesterday. I quite like the Hawaiian theme.. Seems like a resort rather than a condo..

The psf is higher compared to the surrounding developments, but come to think of it, i don't think a brand new project in any location, will be released at the pricing of older developments.. Then who will still buy the old developments, and most probably all the new units will be snapped up even b4 any official launch.

As my parents r stayin ard this area, me n my wife now lookin around at new projects around hillview, upper bukit timah or bukit batok areas. Anyone has recommendations? Thanks..
    may i ask
    why do you have to buy NEW project ?

Hmm no particular reason, juz that we prefer a new house..

Hmm no particular reason, juz that we prefer a new house..
    ok noted

then i have no recommendation as i feel its crazy that in the same area ..the older ones are 700-800 psf while the new ones are above 1000 psf and in the case of lanai .. what ? 1300 psf ?

u can get an older one, spend the money and renov it to your taste .. and still cheaper

people use heart to buy because it is for own stay.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ok noted

then i have no recommendation as i feel its crazy that in the same area ..the older ones are 700-800 psf while the new ones are above 1000 psf and in the case of lanai .. what ? 1300 psf ?

u can get an older one, spend the money and renov it to your taste .. and still cheaper

u r abit too late...if not i will recommend u Hillvista....so we missed the boat together...lol

how abt Mi Casa(find subsale....much cheaper)

u r abit too late...if not i will recommend u Hillvista....so we missed the boat together...lol
    Do you know what psf did FEO quote for the 4bedders during launch?
    I remember when I visited show flat in early '08, they advertised 980psf up.

Do you know what psf did FEO quote for the 4bedders during launch?
    I remember when I visited show flat in early '08, they advertised 980psf up.
    yes ard 1kpsf....so subsale will not be cheap for hillvista....just 2mths ago FEO still selling 5th flr hillvista at 1050psf after all discounts....

i mean find subsale for mi casa

how abt Mi Casa(find subsale....much cheaper)

Yah, when I visited lanai, I asked bout hillvista, but they mentioned that it is fully sold.. Will there be any other new projects coming out in this area?

Yah, when I visited lanai, I asked bout hillvista, but they mentioned that it is fully sold.. Will there be any other new projects coming out in this area?

dun tink so......if have also wun be cheap oredi due to Lanai

There should be - looking at those vast empty plots of land now under "newater" construction along Hillview ave. I'm sure our government will auction out those land soon. And those railway track land.... But dunno when lah. But those will be 99LH lor. In short, confirm NO MORE freehold in Hillview - The Lanai shall be last 999LH plot. I suspect enbloc may start. Interestingly, some of the landed housing there are seeking enbloc because apparently, the land there is not designated for landed and can build apartments and condos. So the landed there definitely has upside potential.

There should be - looking at those vast empty plots of land now under "newater" construction along Hillview ave. I'm sure our government will auction out those land soon. And those railway track land.... But dunno when lah. But those will be 99LH lor. In short, confirm NO MORE freehold in Hillview - The Lanai shall be last 999LH plot. I suspect enbloc may start. Interestingly, some of the landed housing there are seeking enbloc because apparently, the land there is not designated for landed and can build apartments and condos. So the landed there definitely has upside potential.
    u better pray they dun enbloc those landed....surely turned into MM apts like telok kurau

Lam Soon got chance enbloc? but DC charges in hillview to convert to residential still FOC?

u better pray they dun enbloc those landed....surely turned into MM apts like telok kurau

Lam Soon got chance enbloc? but DC charges in hillview to convert to residential still FOC?
    I've travelled on the road and the whole area is in a big mess. Traffic condition is terrible. The one enblocked successfully are the "odd" or "even" number ones behind Hillview Regency. No news yet.

U mean the MRT construction along Upper Bukit Timah and Bukit Timah? Bo bian lah - if want MRT then just have to live with the construction and "mess". I thought the disruption was acceptable other than the King Albert Park portion (very messy), because no lanes were taken out - just the road become super winding machiam F1 track. But Hillview Ave is still relatively quiet. The railway track turns out to be a blessing in disguise as it becomes a green lung separating and shielding Hillview from the busy Upper Bukit Timah.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    I've travelled on the road and the whole area is in a big mess. Traffic condition is terrible. The one enblocked successfully are the "odd" or "even" number ones behind Hillview Regency. No news yet.

Is it really worth average psf of $1200? Some of the those freehold developments closer to the future beauty world mrt stn is only about $800 - 950psf.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Is it really worth average psf of $1200? Some of the those freehold developments closer to the future beauty world mrt stn is only about $800 - 950psf.
    compare apple to apple lor...

terrene around 1200psf mah.....this one 1300psf...makes terrene much better buy oredi

Depends.

Emotions come in when bying/selling.
    If you like, it is worth it.
    If you dun like, it is not.

I dun like. So, not worth that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Depends.

Emotions come in when bying/selling.
    If you like, it is worth it.
    If you dun like, it is not.

I dun like. So, not worth that kind of money.
    jus like isit worth to pay 4kpsf+ for 99LH in orchard

all is perceived value

But it has to be a fair comparison, i.e., in close proximity.

But it has to be a fair comparison, i.e., in close proximity.
    every project/ppty is unique mah

The Lan(s)ai ..... LOL

We need some ignorant home buyers in the market. It can be a really expensive mistake which cannot be recoup.