Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51015161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

I just bought a flat in Hillview Peak. Before this purchase, I had paid a very hard price in purchasing property. I was attracted to a property previously and had paid the deposit. We thought we had bought our dream home, but very soon we found the property in fact had a lot of concerns which the agency never told me, or he himself even was not aware. To cut the loss, we decided not to exercise the option, and 25% of our deposit was forfeited. That is not a little money to me!!!!

I am a homebased housewife; the quality of home environment highly impacts my daily quality of life. The environments around Hillview, especially the side facing Ministry of Defense attracts me very much. The tranquility around there cannot find from the district I am now living. But this time I cannot let the impulse override us anymore. To avoid making the same mistakes, this time, we cool ourselves first. We read the whole 57 pages comments about Hillview Peak. Having finished the reading, I really have no confidence to consider the property. Their points mainly are China developer, cheap material, congested traffic, etc.

To confirm the traffic, we visit the site MANY times, during different period of the day, so far I have not seen any traffic congestion. One evening, after our inspection on the site, when we were waiting bus to leave, a gentleman initially taught us which route can take to where and where. I took the chance to ask his ideas about the district and traffic. He told me he has been living there over 20 years, he has every positive comments about living there and confirmed to me that there is no traffic issue living around there, especially the MRT will be operated Dec this year. In front of the site, the developer has built a road for public in and out, that make the traffic even not an issue.

To find out whether the material used really cheap and the construction is poorly built by “the China developer” as commented on the web, we decided use our own eye to verify. We went down to the site and show room to check VERY CAREFULLY one by one, since my husband is an engineer who was in charge of a reputative international company, he confirmed that the Marble is true, and the material is NOT cheap, the construction is VERY good in hand. In fact, the design there is very friendly using, no bomb shelter and the master room is the largest so far I saw in all the previous showrooms I visited.

To have another credit, we found the people living in that district are quite educated and polite. Well, we are not young any more, we can see what the people walking around. Later on, my son told me that the district called “rich man area”. It is so nice if those people living around you have good substances. Also, around there are all condos, there would be no issue that outsiders trespass to our condo to use our facility. The trespassing issue is happening to the condo we are living in now.

Then, we come to think about whether is it the right time to enter the market?? Personally I think the property will keep on going down and the cooling measure will not be lifted up soon. Today, the news confirmed my view. But why I still decide to purchase the property at this moment?? Yes, the price can be further down, but the unit you fall in love will not wait for you!! I found that I am very late already, the ones suit our family needs are all gone, there is only one unit I still can buy, so I must purchase the unit before others buy the unit away.

The above is my journey to purchase my dream house, I am here use my time to say something fair for Hillview Peak, there is someone there who says a lot of VERY bad words about Hillview Peak from the first day till now. If you have interest on the property, I encourage you to go down to use your own eye to verify the situation by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kiukiumami View Post
    I just bought a flat in Hillview Peak. Before this purchase, I had paid a very hard price in purchasing property. I was attracted to a property previously and had paid the deposit. We thought we had bought our dream home, but very soon we found the property in fact had a lot of concerns which the agency never told me, or he himself even was not aware. To cut the loss, we decided not to exercise the option, and 25% of our deposit was forfeited. That is not a little money to me!!!!

I am a homebased housewife; the quality of home environment highly impacts my daily quality of life. The environments around Hillview, especially the side facing Ministry of Defense attracts me very much. The tranquility around there cannot find from the district I am now living. But this time I cannot let the impulse override us anymore. To avoid making the same mistakes, this time, we cool ourselves first. We read the whole 57 pages comments about Hillview Peak. Having finished the reading, I really have no confidence to consider the property. Their points mainly are China developer, cheap material, congested traffic, etc.

To confirm the traffic, we visit the site MANY times, during different period of the day, so far I have not seen any traffic congestion. One evening, after our inspection on the site, when we were waiting bus to leave, a gentleman initially taught us which route can take to where and where. I took the chance to ask his ideas about the district and traffic. He told me he has been living there over 20 years, he has every positive comments about living there and confirmed to me that there is no traffic issue living around there, especially the MRT will be operated Dec this year. In front of the site, the developer has built a road for public in and out, that make the traffic even not an issue.

To find out whether the material used really cheap and the construction is poorly built by “the China developer” as commented on the web, we decided use our own eye to verify. We went down to the site and show room to check VERY CAREFULLY one by one, since my husband is an engineer who was in charge of a reputative international company, he confirmed that the Marble is true, and the material is NOT cheap, the construction is VERY good in hand. In fact, the design there is very friendly using, no bomb shelter and the master room is the largest so far I saw in all the previous showrooms I visited.

To have another credit, we found the people living in that district are quite educated and polite. Well, we are not young any more, we can see what the people walking around. Later on, my son told me that the district called “rich man area”. It is so nice if those people living around you have good substances. Also, around there are all condos, there would be no issue that outsiders trespass to our condo to use our facility. The trespassing issue is happening to the condo we are living in now.

Then, we come to think about whether is it the right time to enter the market?? Personally I think the property will keep on going down and the cooling measure will not be lifted up soon. Today, the news confirmed my view. But why I still decide to purchase the property at this moment?? Yes, the price can be further down, but the unit you fall in love will not wait for you!! I found that I am very late already, the ones suit our family needs are all gone, there is only one unit I still can buy, so I must purchase the unit before others buy the unit away.

The above is my journey to purchase my dream house, I am here use my time to say something fair for Hillview Peak, there is someone there who says a lot of VERY bad words about Hillview Peak from the first day till now. If you have interest on the property, I encourage you to go down to use your own eye to verify the situation by yourself.
    How much three china men pays you? Your attempt is well crafted than the Sharon Au advertisment.
    Please kindly goto propertycarrot or URA portal to check how many unsold units left in Kingsford hillview peak. Even you like it so much, there will be plentiful supply. If not happy, walk across you will have skywood.

I am keen in principle garden and waterfront and I am trying for waterfront. Hillview peak? It's too peak. Too many houses. Too many light industries within.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejohanna View Post
    What's the latest update by the MP on the upcoming road linking UBT? Has it been decided to be built / when?

Where's the existing foot path to UBT from Hillview Link? So you can currently walk out from HillV2 to Dairy Farm Road without having to go via Hillview Road?

Thanks for sharing your insights!
    Low Yen Ling is busy taking photos. No time for the UBT.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    How much three china men pays you? Your attempt is well crafted than the Sharon Au advertisment.
    Please kindly goto propertycarrot or URA portal to check how many unsold units left in Kingsford hillview peak. Even you like it so much, there will be plentiful supply. If not happy, walk across you will have skywood.

I am keen in principle garden and waterfront and I am trying for waterfront. Hillview peak? It's too peak. Too many houses. Too many light industries within.
    You speak like a Principal. Principal Garden better for you.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    You speak like a Principal. Principal Garden better for you.
    I prefer waterfront because of limited budget. Waterfront material is good and genuine too. Yes. I brought my engineer brother in law along. He certified the material is marble.

只听楼梯响,不见人下来

干打雷,不下雨

I prefer waterfront because of limited budget. Waterfront material is good and genuine too. Yes. I brought my engineer brother in law along. He certified the material is marble.
    China marble lah. Not expensive one. Go and take a look at Principal Garden. Maybe can get a two bedder for your budget?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hillview peak is selling at extreme peak prices in my opinion and the facilities are limited compared to the other completed projects in the area.
    The first comment on this page seems to be a propaganda and extremely biased view. -"educated and polite" "rich men area" "no outsiders trespass" - seriously?

No outsider come in because of inaccessible location lol , need a car to get there, hard to park and sneak in.

= exclusive mah. Why you like so accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by pluto View Post
    Hillview peak is selling at extreme peak prices in my opinion and the facilities are limited compared to the other completed projects in the area.
    The first comment on this page seems to be a propaganda and extremely biased view. -"educated and polite" "rich men area" "no outsiders trespass" - seriously?

No outsider come in because of inaccessible location lol , need a car to get there, hard to park and sneak in.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    = exclusive mah. Why you like so accessible?
    Because I'm rich, polite and educated? LOL

Because I'm rich, polite and educated? LOL
    Do rich, polite and educated put accessibility as primary concern for property?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

That is subjective and I would not know because hillview is a rich men area and I don't reside there.
    And do not twist my words, I never said accessibility nor inaccessibility as a primary concern for property.

Just wanted to point out the propaganda post and the comment stating her thoughts on rich men area , polite and educated and trespassing, nothing more.
    Seriously people can get too attached and delusional with property purchases.

Relax friend. Most know not to trust online materials. We are very seasoned about propaganda here over the years.

I am not even vested here.

Not sure which posts by whomever caused your views. Maybe can quote those views.

My own assessment and estimation of the peak hour traffic here caused me to avoid it altogether, even though several old freehold units are interesting propositions. I would be surprised if traffic here is smooth during peak hours. Long ago, bus rides through the road here were already very slow during peak hours.

My apologies if you felt I twisted your words. Peace.

That is subjective and I would not know because hillview is a rich men area and I don't reside there.
    And do not twist my words, I never said accessibility nor inaccessibility as a primary concern for property.

Just wanted to point out the propaganda post and the comment stating her thoughts on rich men area , polite and educated and trespassing, nothing more.
    Seriously people can get too attached and delusional with property purchases.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Default How much three China men pays you???

Light industries are not close to the property!!!

The MRT coming in (just very short walking distance) and the amenities there also inject my decision to purchase the property. You live there you can enjoy tranquility plus all the conveniences for education, shopping and transportation. All these elements are very important for whether a property can stand firm on the market or not.

When I decided to buy the property from Hillview Peak, not much 3 bedroom units left, and those units which face the Ministry of Defense left only four for us to choose!!!!!

"How much three china men pays you?"???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I do not have any single cents payment for my post. I am just an ordinary buyer who share my own thought about the property!!!! I am not advertising for them!!!!!

The MRT coming in (just very short walking distance) and the amenities there also inject my decision to purchase the property. You live there you can enjoy tranquility plus all the conveniences for education, shopping and transportation. All these elements are very important for whether a property can stand firm on the market or not.

When I decided to buy the property from Hillview Peak, not much 3 bedroom units left, and those units which face the Ministry of Defense left only four for us to choose!!!!!

I do not have any single cents payment for my post. I am just an ordinary buyer who share my own thought about the property!!!! I am not advertising for them!!!!!

Don't need bother about YT, I suspect tat he didn't even had anything, just bragging about Tis and tat...

Hi. Welcome, future neighbor. You don't have to justify your purchase to anyone though others may have different views than you, sometime rather strongly or rudely. Thanks for sharing. Please share any more update as I have bought mine way back in 2013 and have not been there lately. Looking forward to the Hillview Mrt. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    Hi. Welcome, future neighbor. You don't have to justify your purchase to anyone though others may have different views than you, sometime rather strongly or rudely. Thanks for sharing. Please share any more update as I have bought mine way back in 2013 and have not been there lately. Looking forward to the Hillview Mrt. 8)
    Agree. Some reasons are personal, such as parents or parents in law living nearby. From what I make of the Masterplan 2014, the light industry within the region will also move out. It is also a distance off.

For a residential area, I think it has its own strengths and merits as well. Congrats!

I used to visit my good friend's HDB flat in the area many years ago. A couple of good friends residing there as well. Nice place to live in. My only personal concern was the peak hour traffic along Upper Bukit Timah Rd.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hi, Dear future neighbour, and other friends on this web conversation, thanks for your blessing and support.

I love nature and tranquility. Thus, when I found that Hillview Peak sited close to FOUR nature park and connector, all these features attract me to study the property. It is pity that when I decided to purchase the property, all three bedroom units face the Ministry Defence only left FOUR for me to choose. Hillviews Peak do not have so many units of three bedrooms. The units of my preferred floor level have all sold out!!!

I am now dreaming the relaxation to sit outside balcony, plant herb, fruit tree around me, design my balcony as a minor gardening, so cool that if you want to eat fruits or use herb to cook, you just go outside to pick them; I also can eat outside the balcony, enjoy the north wind, etc. That is my retired flat, my dream home!!!

Dear Sillyme, your unit is also facing the MD, right? but I think you are in higher level than me, good!! I wish I could buy higher level!!

I entered this web because want to study the property before any purchase, now, have already bought my dream home, so will be less likely to visit this web, bye now!!

Now, I will focus more on study gardening, prepare myself to build that minor garden, bye to you all my friends, take good care

Hi all future neighbours,
    I bot a unit during 2013. I hav two questn, serious concern now.

(1). For the past 6 mth, did the developer ask for any progressive payment? It sounds very quiet, I wonder did the workers stop work? So far they only collected 40% of the total payment?

(2). I remember seeing developer advertise in ST one month ago, stating TOP date is Mar 2017. How come?
    In the S&P signed during 2013, stated TOP date is 30 Nov 2016. Does developer run into prob to get workers completing the project?

Quote Originally Posted by akow View Post
    Hi all future neighbours,
    I bot a unit during 2013. I hav two questn, serious concern now.

(1). For the past 6 mth, did the developer ask for any progressive payment? It sounds very quiet, I wonder did the workers stop work? So far they only collected 40% of the total payment?

(2). I remember seeing developer advertise in ST one month ago, stating TOP date is Mar 2017. How come?
    In the S&P signed during 2013, stated TOP date is 30 Nov 2016. Does developer run into prob to get workers completing the project?
    Have you visit the place and observe any construction progression? I think they push back because they are seeking for more buyers so they can have enough fund to roll over to support two projects running.

Nevertheless I would still want to highlight Hillview Peak is not a wise choice.

Have you visit the place and observe any construction progression? I think they push back because they are seeking for more buyers so they can have enough fund to roll over to support two projects running.

Nevertheless I would still want to highlight Hillview Peak is not a wise choice.
    You are relentless aren't you? I think if your posts are to be removed from this thread, it might cost the thread quite some pages.
    It's normal for the projection to be faster than the actual TOP. In fact this happens to big players like Far East as well.

Suggesting that they have ran out of funds to support two projects is one of the most ridiculous things you can say. Try harder. You can hate them, complain about quality or whatsoever, but to suggest something like that takes some stupidity and bravery. Applaud you.

LOL. Even strawberrysis couldn't take it anymore. Joined forum for more than 6 months and her first post is this.

On the contrary, i think yowetan speaks a lot of sense in this thread. You can discount what he said in other topics, but i do agree with him here.

No vested interest in this project.

I think yowetan makes sense in this thread too, just that the radiation part is a bit exaggerated.

Making a point, be it compliment or criticism, is fine.

Making the same point, continuously incessantly relentlessly on every page at every opportunity, is not.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Making a point, be it compliment or criticism, is fine.

Making the same point, continuously incessantly relentlessly on every page at every opportunity, is not.

I have got the latest constructn progress status.
    Confirm TOP will be delayed, not possible to meet Nov 2016.

I could not understand why The Skywood that started constructn later than Hillview peak, could TOP much earlier than Hillview Peak.
    Not enough workers to work on the Hillview Peak project?

Quote Originally Posted by akow View Post
    I have got the latest constructn progress status.
    Confirm TOP will be delayed, not possible to meet Nov 2016.

I could not understand why The Skywood that started constructn later than Hillview peak, could TOP much earlier than Hillview Peak.
    Not enough workers to work on the Hillview Peak project?
    Thanks for the update. I am not in a hurry to move in since I will be quite busy in 2016. 2017 is just nice. 8)

Mrt is already completed, despite the main contractor for DTL went busted. This "pig" still has not even seen decent progress, let alone wishing for a TOP is indeed an uphill task. What a development!