Default HDB Dec 2012 BTO

visit below for virtual tour..HDB BOLEH,,,

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....m?OpenDocument

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    visit below for virtual tour..HDB BOLEH,,,

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....m?OpenDocument
    Cool!
    But so little storage space.

Big strain on the construction industry. Costs for sure will go up in the next few years. Quality-wise I'm not too sure.

Compassvale mast right beside compasspoint and sengkang mrt, and toa payoh crest near caldecott mrt are my 2 favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Cool!
    But so little storage space.
    incentive for my wifey to buy less shoes...

alrwady so many applcns

services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13BTOENQWeb/AR_Nov2012_BTO?strSystem=BTO

you should be thankful that we have HDBs

MUMBAI (Reuters) - Ulwe, a village of dusty, uneven streets on the outskirts of Mumbai, lacks basic amenities like water supply and electricity, but a two-bedroom, 1,000 sq ft house costs about 5 million rupees, beyond the reach of many middle-class Indians.
    According to prospective buyers, many developers will demand up to 30 percent of that price in cash, a small slice of the ubiquitous, unaccounted "black money" that costs India's straitened exchequer billions of dollars in lost taxable income.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

If my parents owned a fully paid 3 room flat and wish to buy the 4 room flat, besides the sale levy($30,000), do they have to come out with any more money? Both are not working.

is this good news for us?

is chua mui hoong's theory not going to come true?

remember that BTO is not "speculative" built by govt. have to fulfil minimum X% demand before they build. there is a control over number of upgraders.

"HDB said that first-time buyers will continue to be entitled to priority flat allocation with at least 95 per cent of flats in mature towns and 85 per cent in non-mature towns."

Quote Originally Posted by draik
    If my parents owned a fully paid 3 room flat and wish to buy the 4 room flat, besides the sale levy($30,000), do they have to come out with any more money? Both are not working.
    Both your parents not working, so must be elderly and cannot take loan anymore. The 4 room (resale) have to pay cash. Think no need to pay sales levy, check with HDB or your agent to confirm.

Want me to intro the agent who did something similar, like you, for my parent?

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Both your parents not working, so must be elderly and cannot take loan anymore. The 4 room (resale) have to pay cash. Think no need to pay sales levy, check with HDB or your agent to confirm.

Want me to intro the agent who did something similar, like you, for my parent?
    So if they must sell the flat before they can buy? then they will have no place to sleep. Unless they add my brother name in.

Sigh, I thought all my family can stay in Sengkang.

Buying BTO still need agent?

Don't think Chua theory will work or come as close. Look at when is the next GE, and look at when the mass supply is coming? By then a lot of ppl will forget about history and then they will be focusing if there is any over supply which will be even hotter to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    is this good news for us?

is chua mui hoong's theory not going to come true?

remember that BTO is not "speculative" built by govt. have to fulfil minimum X% demand before they build. there is a control over number of upgraders.

"HDB said that first-time buyers will continue to be entitled to priority flat allocation with at least 95 per cent of flats in mature towns and 85 per cent in non-mature towns."

Honestly, the govt is really solid.... They have learnt from the supply glut of 1997 with punggol and sengkang.... That's why they implemented BTO...

What is BTO? Simply put - you give me order of 65%-70% of the order, I will manufacture....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Build_to_order_(HDB)

So, how can there be any oversupply??? I challenge anyone to contradict me or argue on this case.... If u can point to me the reason that there may be oversupply, I will be enlighten deeply and appreciative... Sincerely... This is not a direct challenge but and not to prove my knowledge... I really hope to see if I have left out any points... And I may be wrong.. So please hamtam me and together we can learn. Ok.

So, again I say hdb will always be in under supply because of the introduction of BTO...

Why, 1st, people need to book. Only when it reaches 65-70%, it will be built, this process say take an estimated time of 3 years. Within this 3 years, their will additional demand... So upon completion, the 'surplus' will be sold... But this surplus also cannot cater right... And the process continues..

Remember, if they cannot reach 65%, they will abort...

So they have mastered to keep supply less than demand....

The only way, prices will drop for HDB is loss of jobs - meaning recession....

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Honestly, the govt is really solid.... They have learnt from the supply glut of 1997 with punggol and sengkang.... That's why they implemented BTO...

What is BTO? Simply put - you give me order of 65%-70% of the order, I will manufacture....

So, how can there be any oversupply??? I challenge anyone to contradict me or argue on this case.... If u can point to me the reason that there may be oversupply, I will be enlighten deeply and appreciative... Sincerely... This is not a direct challenge but and not to prove my knowledge... I really hope to see if I have left out any points... And I may be wrong.. So please hamtam me and together we can learn. Ok.

So, again I say hdb will always be in under supply because of the introduction of BTO...

Why, 1st, people need to book. Only when it reaches 65-70%, it will be built, this process say take an estimated time of 3 years. Within this 3 years, their will additional demand... So upon completion, the 'surplus' will be sold... But this surplus also cannot cater right... And the process continues..

another solid assessment !!! better word than that 'analysis' !
    if recession hits, those <65% can move over to the spare 35%.
    no oversupply in hdb. BUT no similar control in pc! and with relative tightening of the tap of ft, and no relaxation of gls yet, different scenario here.

bro i will not challenge you becoz as my point above, i also agree it is not speculative build.

but i do have a point to discuss - the section on the upgraders is also a point of control that can be tweaked, because upgraders are the double-count group. they will definitely need to sell their old flat to move to new flat. if they increase this group, it will indirectly boost resale supply. this comes back to our theory about resale supply.

bro i will not challenge you becoz as my point above, i also agree it is not speculative build.

but i do have a point to discuss - the section on the upgraders is also a point of control that can be tweaked, because upgraders are the double-count group. they will definitely need to sell their old flat to move to new flat. if they increase this group, it will indirectly boost resale supply. this comes back to our theory about resale supply.
    There is always a market for resale - for those who cannot wait for bto, those who seem their resale and buy another resale, those who downgrade....

The supply on resale was tighten with hdb saying those who owned private cannot buy hdb anymore... So everyone is holding on to their dear life with their hdb... Unless they tweak this policy, the resale will supply will always be short...

As for bto, just to add... Look at the number of applications and it will freak u out... Always demand more than supply... Even more so today because mrt reaches everywhere and no place in my mind is considered ulu anymore....

the BTO market is another reflection of our pte mkt. everybody scared price will go up further, so those who are eligible - whack first talk later. but i am truly amazed by the demand. tot our population (FT aside) going down - where got so many young pple buying new flats?

the BTO market is another reflection of our pte mkt. everybody scared price will go up further, so those who are eligible - whack first talk later. but i am truly amazed by the demand. tot our population (FT aside) going down - where got so many young pple buying new flats?
    Bro, ft not going down... They just gonna bring in less... Totally with going down...

As for ft, they don't come into play for hdb bto... They will rent hdb or private or buy private... That's all..

As to so many young people... There are about 27 k marriages a year...

Firstly, credit to Phantom bro for providing this chart. If you look at the Singapore citizen figures, it has been going up by 20K to 30K every year probably due to new citizens if assuming our fertility rates are correct and we are not re-populating enough. PRs went up tremendously upto 2010 but have moderated somewhat. If you read through all the articles and debate on population/immigration, it seems the trend for citizen growth will continue. i.e. 25K to 30K per year.

Middle income new citizens will buy HDB. Richer new citizens will buy landed as these two asset classes are restricted and represent the benefits of being a citizen.

Last edited by proper-t; 22-11-12 at 08:54.

Bro, ft not going down... They just gonna bring in less... Totally with going down...

As for ft, they don't come into play for hdb bto... They will rent hdb or private or buy private... That's all..

As to so many young people... There are about 27 k marriages a year...

no no.. what i mean to say is.. with true singaporean population going down (FT aside).. my bracket, put in the wrong place. angmo bo ho.

i know FT dun contribute to BTO demand.. and i know FT going up (but slowing down the rate of increase).

my question is about young pple.. if 27k marriages.. say 80% are young pple not re-marriage. need only 10k new flats per year, and that's assuming NONE of them going to bunk in with anyone else. so.. we are building alot more excess than required for young pple. so my question is - where the demand come from?

anyway i think the chart has reflected the increase from new citizens

my question is about young pple.. if 27k marriages.. say 80% are young pple not re-marriage. need only 10k new flats per year, and that's assuming NONE of them going to bunk in with anyone else. so.. we are building alot more excess than required for young pple. so my question is - where the demand come from?
    "Studio Apartments are sold on 30-year lease. Prices are inclusive of the elderly-friendly fittings/finishes" - HDB website
    There are also the elderly and singles, but not sure about the proportion.

Bro, how u came out w 10k??

no no.. what i mean to say is.. with true singaporean population going down (FT aside).. my bracket, put in the wrong place. angmo bo ho.

i know FT dun contribute to BTO demand.. and i know FT going up (but slowing down the rate of increase).

anyway i think the chart has reflected the increase from new citizens

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/the.../marriages.pdf

# of marriages hit 27k in 2011 ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Bro, how u came out w 10k??
    sorry calculate too fast. i assumed 27k * 80% /2 --> thought 1 marriage got 2 heads so divide 2.

zomething fishy here.

bro nutnut, i think kbw oso use the same thought process thats how he came up with 15k married couples

bro, this is a good analysis...thanks for that and I hope you are right.

buying behavior is very much dependent on sentiment as well. Have you ever thought about what if there is a crisis between 2014 and 2015 and then a lot of ppl decided to cancel their application and forgo the 5% + stamp fee etc? I think thats the fee involve maybe...
    once there is a lot of empty flats, you know what is going to happen next.

Bro, u don't need a rocket scientist to figure that out....

During crisis, everything drops.... I have been saying that right form the start...

The question is US went into crisis in 2008, Europe in 2010. Do u see them getting worst and how much worst if it happens?

Please don't ask me to predict... If I can predict, I would have bot tons of properties by now....

If crisis strikes, nothing will be spared... U must always be prepared for it... It is like driving, that's why car manufacturers provide airbags, seat belt, etc... U just don't know when u gonna use it...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    bro, this is a good analysis...thanks for that and I hope you are right.

buying behavior is very much dependent on sentiment as well. Have you ever thought about what if there is a crisis between 2014 and 2015 and then a lot of ppl decided to cancel their application and forgo the 5% + stamp fee etc? I think thats the fee involve maybe...
    once there is a lot of empty flats, you know what is going to happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    zomething fishy here.

bro nutnut, i think kbw oso use the same thought process thats how he came up with 15k married couples
    Hahaha....he so lucky u didn't correct him and embarrass him hor...

you ask for any reasons for over supply under BTO and i just give u one scenario

Bro, u don't need a rocket scientist to figure that out....

During crisis, everything drops.... I have been saying that right form the start...

The question is US went into crisis in 2008, Europe in 2010. Do u see them getting worst and how much worst if it happens?

Please don't ask me to predict... If I can predict, I would have bot tons of properties by now....

If crisis strikes, nothing will be spared... U must always be prepared for it... It is like driving, that's why car manufacturers provide airbags, seat belt, etc... U just don't know when u gonna use it...