Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: More Cooling Measures

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    actually 100k is not very common. Whena corolla is 140k.

200k. Is common.
    Yup... can hardly find $100k new cars.. Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by spyro
    I really dun know le... Care to explain?
    Childish...

Nowadays even when those who complained got their bto flats they will also will not be grateful to government. They will find ways to trash them in forums or websites or blogs in whatever way they can. In my opinion no point waiting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    no need to guess:

In the “Fresh Graduate Pay Survey 2012” conducted by Hay Group, it was found that the average starting monthly pay for university graduates increased by 1 per cent to 3 per cent this year and that includes degree holders without Honors and with Honors, second upper and higher.

Those without Honors drew S$2, 678 while those with second upper Honors and higher drew S$2, 766 and S$2, 882 respectively.

According to the survey, which covered 79 companies across general industries in Singapore, engineering jobs ranked the highest in terms of starting pay, providing fresh grads a monthly average starting salary of $2, 777 for those without Honors.

Your 3.5k-4k is top echelon .. not the norm
    close to $3k sounds more like it. unless you are joining the military or education service, i doubt an average grad would net a starting salary that is close to $4k

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    close to $3k sounds more like it. unless you are joining the military or education service, i doubt an average grad would net a starting salary that is close to $4k
    starting 8k with 9m bonus also can if you are a pro trader that can make millions for investment bank ... again ... if you screw up ... you are shown the door straight

that's why we are talking about the norm, the average, not the exceptional

imo, Pinnacle@Duxton will generate even more hooha than 2.05m EC ...

next year headline ... Pinnacle@Duxon 5r HDB sold for 1.3m, complaints will fill the media, those who bought ECs at 1.5m will complain first lol ...

imo prime HDB should come with 10y MOP and cannnot sublet even work overseas to be fair
    Ride at your own risk !!!

no need to guess:

In the “Fresh Graduate Pay Survey 2012” conducted by Hay Group, it was found that the average starting monthly pay for university graduates increased by 1 per cent to 3 per cent this year and that includes degree holders without Honors and with Honors, second upper and higher.

Those without Honors drew S$2, 678 while those with second upper Honors and higher drew S$2, 766 and S$2, 882 respectively.

According to the survey, which covered 79 companies across general industries in Singapore, engineering jobs ranked the highest in terms of starting pay, providing fresh grads a monthly average starting salary of $2, 777 for those without Honors.

Your 3.5k-4k is top echelon .. not the norm
    below link seems to show a higher salary (for 2011) than Hay's survey (for 2012).

http://www.salary.sg/2012/graduate-e...ublished-2012/

starting 8k with 9m bonus also can if you are a pro trader that can make millions for investment bank ... again ... if you screw up ... you are shown the door straight

that's why we are talking about the norm, the average, not the exceptional

imo, Pinnacle@Duxton will generate even more hooha than 2.05m EC ...

next year headline ... Pinnacle@Duxon 5r HDB sold for 1.3m, complaints will fill the media, those who bought ECs at 1.5m will complain first lol ...

imo prime HDB should come with 10y MOP and cannnot sublet even work overseas to be fair
    not surprising if pinnacle goes beyond $1m. didnt an owner comment, as reported in the news, that she wouldn't sell even if the offer was $3m?

i once told a friend, "you dam heng ah got the Pinnacle over 30 floors..."
    then he replied "when i first applied the bto, there were people said i siao, so expensive"

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    i once told a friend, "you dam heng ah got the Pinnacle over 30 floors..."
    then he replied "when i first applied the bto, there were people said i siao, so expensive"
    I am envious of your friend. lolx.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    .... Probably due to over-pampering and spoon-feeding at home/school.
    This is not true and frankly quite insulting. Every generation has different aspirations and expectations, thus requires different motivation...

Most often, I see poor managers and leaders whose mind still trapped in the past - policemen do not wear shorts now...

Just like our SME managers failing to change to tap latent supply of semi-retirees, housewives.... in active search for part time work.
    Our SME addicted to cheap foreign labour... who often less vocal and swallow their "tears" and ...

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    I am envious of your friend. lolx.
    not only that, i just remember,
    another friend in Pinnacle tell me he was not happy, because his purchase price is higher than those got it during initial launch, he got his later.

human are never satisfied

not only that, i just remember,
    another friend in Pinnacle tell me he was not happy, because his purchase price is higher than those got it during initial launch, he got his later.

human are never satisfied
    wow u got so many friends at pinnacle.
    tell them u should be the one who should be unhappy as u didnt get a unit there! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by repanse71
    Just like our SME managers failing to change to tap latent supply of semi-retirees, housewives.... in active search for part time work.
    Our SME addicted to cheap foreign labour... who often less vocal and swallow their "tears" and ...
    you reminded me, along upper serangoon rood, after kovan mrt, towards hougang.... there is one shophouse restaurant put a huge banner stating something like "unable to hire worker due to restriction, have to close down..."
    i am thinking, put this type of banner got use meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    wow u got so many friends at pinnacle.
    tell them u should be the one who should be unhappy as u didnt get a unit there! lol.
    actually sibei true...
    in the 2003... even though our household income is low, but was not eligible to buy left over flats (that time no need bto lah, leftover a lot)
    bite bullet, go buy ocr 2rm condo... now of cos, it is consider blessing in disguise

you reminded me, along upper serangoon rood, after kovan mrt, towards hougang.... there is one shophouse restaurant put a huge banner stating something like "unable to hire worker due to restriction, have to close down..."
    I can see so many instances where semi retirees and housewives could help do part time...

Could a trained housewife do accounts at home with VPN to office systems??? However, housewife performing HR functions on flexi hours.....
    Strangely, many highly educated entreprenuers I know still insist on office-face-time...

Also gahmen also not resouce optimised.

I know the 4 postmen serving my houses over the last decade are all in their 30s.... why Singpost cannot hire part timers to serve own and neighbouring precints???

Similarly, someone local to the precint to replace current full time PUB officers to do meter checking????

We are a nation addicted to resource wastage.... don't get me started on COE and car scrapping....

[QUOTE=willow]
    then how about those who already own HDB and PCs they will hold their HDB tight tight and NEVER SELL LIAO

QUOTE]

If they kenna SERS, they are not allowed to apply new HDB unless they sell PC.

Can still get the replacement HDB flat and keep pte property if Kenna SERS.
    Below is extracted from HDB website.

"If you, your spouse or essential occupiers of the SERS flat own a private property as at the SERS announcement date, you may retain ownership of the private property as an investment. However, you must continue to stay in the existing flat and the replacement flat after its completion. You may sell the private property at any time during this period."

[quote=timmy]
    Quote Originally Posted by willow

Can still get the replacement HDB flat and keep pte property if Kenna SERS.
    Below is extracted from HDB website.

"If you, your spouse or essential occupiers of the SERS flat own a private property as at the SERS announcement date, you may retain ownership of the private property as an investment. However, you must continue to stay in the existing flat and the replacement flat after its completion. You may sell the private property at any time during this period."
    provided they willing to leave condo and live in the replacement hdb flat.

Yah the rain was a welcome cooling measure. It has been very scorching of late...

wahaahah u never see that kind of sign in geylang...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    wahaahah u never see that kind of sign in geylang...
    R u serious more in geylang?
    The one in upp Serangoon road is the only one I saw, not sure if it is still there...

This is not true and frankly quite insulting. Every generation has different aspirations and expectations, thus requires different motivation...

Most often, I see poor managers and leaders whose mind still trapped in the past - policemen do not wear shorts now...

Regards
    Have you tried being your own boss and recruit Singaporeans?

Certain jobs are shunned by Singaporeans, no choice got to hire foreign workers.

When the restrictions come, cannot hire foreign workers and no Singaporeans apply.

Flexibility has limitations, lots of things are still manual and documents can only be retrieved or reference in office.

Mobility is only applicable to certain roles, thus the need to be in office for operations.

No one will understand the pain until they are in the shoes of hiring in today's times.

This may only be until the tsunami wave of TOP HDBs and PCs hits us in some years time. And new transport infrastructure is put in place.

The service industry is very short of workers. I see restaurants only opening to half of their capacity due to staff shortages. Rejecting EPs can stunt S'pore's growth.

yeah. tough to do business. but people keep complaining. Many still refuse to understand or see the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Have you tried being your own boss and recruit Singaporeans?

Certain jobs are shunned by Singaporeans, no choice got to hire foreign workers.

When the restrictions come, cannot hire foreign workers and no Singaporeans apply.

Flexibility has limitations, lots of things are still manual and documents can only be retrieved or reference in office.

Mobility is only applicable to certain roles, thus the need to be in office for operations.

No one will understand the pain until they are in the shoes of hiring in today's times.
    I second this. Its true many of my friends in SME business having problem hiring. mths of advertising sometime only 1 or 2 application. and many singaporean dont want to do those jobs. Also unlike transient Foreigner labor who objective is to make a better pay n then go home. They tend to be more willing to take up tough roles. for example jobs that need to work over time, weekends due to customer dead lines as there are overtime.

For the very few singaporean who are even willing to do the jobs they do not want to work such roles. even with more pay.

As there is a business to run and dead lines to meet. the Foregin work force is needed to keep things going. if not SME will either have to go out of business , move to JB or just pass on the cost to the consumers.

so dont be so miopic.

I can see so many instances where semi retirees and housewives could help do part time...

Could a trained housewife do accounts at home with VPN to office systems??? However, housewife performing HR functions on flexi hours.....
    Strangely, many highly educated entreprenuers I know still insist on office-face-time...

Also gahmen also not resouce optimised.

I know the 4 postmen serving my houses over the last decade are all in their 30s.... why Singpost cannot hire part timers to serve own and neighbouring precints???

Similarly, someone local to the precint to replace current full time PUB officers to do meter checking????

We are a nation addicted to resource wastage.... don't get me started on COE and car scrapping....
    If no COE and car scrapping, I can tell you you can be jammed for 2 hours just from driving out from your car park to the main road.

I would have bought 4 cars for my family members, rem I belong to the relatively low income group of <100K annual income.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    I second this. Its true many of my friends in SME business having problem hiring. mths of advertising sometime only 1 or 2 application. and many singaporean dont want to do those jobs. Also unlike transient Foreigner labor who objective is to make a better pay n then go home. They tend to be more willing to take up tough roles. for example jobs that need to work over time, weekends due to customer dead lines as there are overtime.

For the very few singaporean who are even willing to do the jobs they do not want to work such roles. even with more pay.

As there is a business to run and dead lines to meet. the Foregin work force is needed to keep things going. if not SME will either have to go out of business , move to JB or just pass on the cost to the consumers.

so dont be so miopic.
    Most of the times bosses never look at their own self. Of sich job are shun by local, why is that so? Why cant the pay be double? is it because bosses rather cut labour cost and buy new beemers or mercedes every few years, or frequent ktv or have mistresses here and there? Bosses never complain of their high salary...

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Most of the times bosses never look at their own self. Of sich job are shun by local, why is that so? Why cant the pay be double? is it because bosses rather cut labour cost and buy new beemers or mercedes every few years, or frequent ktv or have mistresses here and there? Bosses never complain of their high salary...
    If bosses cannot make much more money than their underlyings, why work so hard to be bosses? Can just find an easy and stable 8 to 5 job.

Most think they can do a better job than their bosses and their bosses should take a lower pay. But once they get to these position, they will think other wise. Human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    If bosses cannot make much more money than their underlyings, why work so hard to be bosses? Can just find an easy and stable 8 to 5 job.

Most think they can do a better job than their bosses and their bosses should take a lower pay. But once they get to these position, they will think other wise. Human nature.
    dude you are so narrow minded. not all bosses wanted to be bosses in the first place. maybe that's all they know. maybe their parents left them a business in debts.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    dude you are so narrow minded. not all bosses wanted to be bosses in the first place. maybe that's all they know. maybe their parents left them a business in debts.
    Our business is still very lucrative but we wouldn't leave it to the children. It is better that they work for big corporations and have annual leave and leisure time.
    When we are too tired to carry on, we will just wind-up the companies.
    Every single cent is blood, sweat and tears and we know our children cannot really take the hardship of running a small sme.

Yes I cannot imagine. If you think rationally. You are in the so-called sandwich class, you want to get out of it. Naturally you have to make some sacrifices. You look at the price of cars and the COE. That should be the first to go esp when you are newly married and not yet having kids. Then you can start saving for that 2nd property straight away. Even when you have kids, there's school bus to take them to and from sch. The living expenses of HDB flat are not high. Conservancy charges ? $60. Electricity should be 200 to 300 for a small family (or even less). Food- how much food can a small family eat? Maid - young newly weds should not need a maid. I take the sandwich class to be between 8000 to 12000 per month annual income. That to me, is enough to save 3 to 4K a month. or even more.

(shakes head....) Young people these days don't know how to budget and prioritise their expenses.

Perhaps the 80% think like what you said....that's why they remain in the 80% and they blame the govt that they can't climb out of the 80% when they actually can if they make the effort.
    you expect (young) pple getting married (say arnd age 30) to be thinking about SECOND ppty when they haven't bot their first? aiyo.. forget it lah. dun say 80/20, 90/10 also dunno got or not.

salary should be 8-10k per household at around age 30 for average couple. car wise - i am not sure. some will buy, some will not. or 2nd hand.

Quote Originally Posted by spyro
    gross or nett? after makan, transport, utilities, watever bills, give parents & in-laws, if got young kid/s, how much r u left and how much can u save??
    plus the latest sleekest smartphone every 6 months