Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Developers getting panicky?

Default Developers getting panicky?

Just got 2 calls today from Qbay agents telling me to seriously consider getting a unit there. Both said the developer wants to seriously clear the units asap and will absorb the ABSDs (7-10%) being hit on buyers.

Anyone else heard the same?

Quote Originally Posted by pool100
    Just got 2 calls today from Qbay agents telling me to seriously consider getting a unit there. Both said the developer wants to seriously clear the units asap and will absorb the ABSDs (7-10%) being hit on buyers.

Anyone else heard the same?
    I will rush to buy if true.

But the indicative pricing after all the discounts is like the same as before leh.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    They increase price by 10%, then discount 7%....

??? duh, all the developer said was to absorb the ABSD. So why did you not rush to buy yesterday since technically it is the same price...

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    ??? duh, all the developer said was to absorb the ABSD. So why did you not rush to buy yesterday since technically it is the same price...
    Haha..that's what defines Singapore..discount and people will queue..little they think that price is already marked up.

I know a couple of friends who were deciding between LF and QB all went to LF last night. So probably some of QB's potential buyers all went to Seng Kang.

If they (the developers) are panicking, isn't this good? Wait a while and see what pans out rather than chiong to buy a unit
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Next cm increase property tax to 50% of annual rental value for those who have second property.

May I know what's the indicative median psf going for Q-bay?

Of all developer, I would rate FEO will be the last to panic lor ...

I'll stick to FH properties, given that LH is at the same price given the fancy show flats...

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    Of all developer, I would rate FEO will be the last to panic lor ...
    You look at their recent land bids ... all pretty conservative ... I will bet FEO knows this CM7 is coming
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Yes, this is as good as u still pay for the 10% stamp duty

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    They increase price by 10%, then discount 7%....

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    May I know what's the indicative median psf going for Q-bay?
    2-bedrm from $980psf (2nd flr) after maximum discount during preview.

Next cm increase property tax to 50% of annual rental value for those who have second property.
    This one I don't agree. The policy makers will never hurt their own kind. You think the higher mortals don't each have a few properties by now?

me too.
    When is the right time to buy my next property?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Very interesting, then nobody want to own property to rent to FTs, ask FTs to sleep at HDB void deck?

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    2-bedrm from $980psf (2nd flr) after maximum discount during preview.
    Hi..Thanks. The developer is not intending to give more discount or offset?

50% is impossible la... .
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    This one I don't agree. The policy makers will never hurt their own kind. You think the higher mortals don't each have a few properties by now?
    It does not make sense to raise property tax by a big margin. Government suppose to encourage property as a rental investment for long term and discourage flipping.

My agent told me, before CM7, the price range for QBay is $950 to $1100, now with the CM7, the price range is $1000 to $1200 and discount for early bird 15% and 7% stamp duty is already included in the price.

With the additional discount, Shouldn't the new price range lower than $1000 to 1200?

Quote Originally Posted by jandj
    Yes, this is as good as u still pay for the 10% stamp duty

My agent told me, before CM7, the price range for QBay is $950 to $1100, now with the CM7, the price range is $1000 to $1200 and discount for early bird 15% and 7% stamp duty is already included in the price.

With the additional discount, Shouldn't the new price range lower than $1000 to 1200?

if because cost is always passed down to consumer....whether tax at gls or at launch or even resale, it will be pas down. price only correct if demand vs supply.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Aiya.... please lah.

Don't be small-minded and think other people would be small-minded like you.

This is poor policy formulation. The intent of CM is to cool the market and allow first time owners a chance at getting a property. It is not to destroy property ownership.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Probably playing marketing mind games. some buyers will bite.
    Would be interesting if there are actually long queues at launch with banner "all stamp duties absorbed".

This pricing is pretty high for OCR away from mrt with no views and fronting busy road.

CM7 came in timely.

This thread is a vbery good try ...

Developers panic? Haha!

This is because many of you here dont go showflats often/.

During the last last last CM, FEO offered a few percent discount right after CM and during CNY time. Guess what happened ?

People ignore CNY and cheongster all the way, 2 weeks later, discount withdrawn price moved up.

So my advice is if developers try this kinda gimmic ... rush down with cheque book.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    It does not make sense to raise property tax by a big margin. Government suppose to encourage property as a rental investment for long term and discourage flipping.
    Ya, I can smell the sour grape.

Y cm 7? It is because they knew not much land left!!