Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore is JAM city..

Default Singapore is JAM city..

This morning drive from pasir ris to balmoral took me 1 hr...eventhough i smart ass take the back road past ikea past q-bay...pass lornie road then via bukit timah...KNS Jam Jam Jam...sibei sianz...pay tax pay ERP..still kena this type of traffic...i really think spore getting too crowded
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    This morning drive from pasir ris to balmoral took me 1 hr...eventhough i smart ass take the back road past ikea past q-bay...pass lornie road then via bukit timah...KNS Jam Jam Jam...sibei sianz...pay tax pay ERP..still kena this type of traffic...i really think spore getting too crowded
    ERP is not high enough. 7 mil population is coming...

Bro, you are rite.
    Very sian to drive nowadays.
    Roads crowded, drivers impatient, cut here cut there.
    It is as though they purposely drive so close to me to scare me.
    I feel so stressed driving.

yeah, traffic was bad this morning...for no apparent reason. It took 20min longer than usual for me to get to office

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    ERP is not high enough. 7 mil population is coming...
    raise erp will just divert the jam elsewhere but more money for govt coffers.

i have long concluded that usually take small road and big road, no diff. might as well take the "normal" route because no need waste brain cell trying to "geng". haha..

by the way, singappore no longer FINE city?

Countdown to Chinee New Year started already

Quote Originally Posted by august
    raise erp will just divert the jam elsewhere but more money for govt coffers.
    Then build more ERP gantries, until the entire island runs on GPS ERP. You can run but you cannot hide.

Then build more ERP gantries, until the entire island runs on GPS ERP. You can run but you cannot hide.
    arent they already spending money to conduct some study on gps erp system?

how about "you can check out but you cannot leave"...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    arent they already spending money to conduct some study on gps erp system?
    I think there are technical hurdles due to locking of the satellites. Even the commercial GPS for navigation are not that robust at the moment, particularly near tall buildings, below bridges and in tunnels. A GPS unit is also not cheap and prone to failure also. Probably in another 5 years at least.

It is so true. Driver these days also speed driving like rushing forever! and if you're driving in the tunnel, hearing those HUGE "vroom vroom VRooom!!!!!' from far in the tunnel scares me too!

Let them buang your backside and demand maximum compensation.

brother, try and leave early the next time.
    my colleague leave home early to beat the jam. but he will head for the gym instead.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Bro, you are rite.
    Very sian to drive nowadays.
    Roads crowded, drivers impatient, cut here cut there.
    It is as though they purposely drive so close to me to scare me.
    I feel so stressed driving.
    Donch feel stress

enjoy the humming sound of your engine
    listen to the radio 93.8 95.8 whatever

car was built not to stress you but for your enjoyment and convenience

ignore those "rude" drivers

try jakatar jam b4? or maybe BKK or Seoul?

Take mrt to beat the jam la.. . By 2030, traffic will be smoother as all promised MRT station should be in operation liao !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

drive traffic jam, public transport human jam

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    Take mrt to beat the jam la.. . By 2030, traffic will be smoother as all promised MRT station should be in operation liao !
    sea-esta to ang mo kio in 20 mins...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    brother, try and leave early the next time.
    my colleague leave home early to beat the jam. but he will head for the gym instead.
    no issue bro i wasnt rushing for time..just had some things to settle in balmoral after i sent my kid to sch in pasir ris...but was just a frustrating drive and really makes me wonder that this is the price sporeans must pay to be a world class country...

no issue bro i wasnt rushing for time..just had some things to settle in balmoral after i sent my kid to sch in pasir ris...but was just a frustrating drive and really makes me wonder that this is the price sporeans must pay to be a world class country...

head out eariler then. when everyone want the same thing there will be a crowd. Cant be help.

Give you a solution to your dreaded problem... start driving at 7am. Sure no jam lah...

Or take night shift

Or find a job in the north so driving against traffic flow during peak hour...

your choice,
    1) take public transport and pack like sardines.
    2) self drive pay erp and jam along the way...
    3) ride bycycle
    4) stay at home .....

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    your choice,
    1) take public transport and pack like sardines.
    2) self drive pay erp and jam along the way...
    3) ride bycycle
    4) stay at home .....
    Go brunei.. lots of road there.. opps Centerpoint during peak hr there also jam.. at least u cant complain abt petrol price.

Quite good liao lor....my drive to work always takes me 1.5 hrs...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Give you a solution to your dreaded problem... start driving at 7am. Sure no jam lah...

i am on the road everyday at 645am. jam jam jam..

Quote Originally Posted by fireclone
    Quite good liao lor....my drive to work always takes me 1.5 hrs...

Take a Bus mah. Get me where I need to go in 45min! and sit in comfort surfing this site.

for the record i went back from balmoral to pasir ris same route opposite direction at 12 noon...took me 20 mins...i LOVE singapore roads....

ya la i know la its all about timing...but i just being a singaporean complain complain complain......thats because i dont like to que que que...another sporean pastime

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Will break down once every month or not?

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE

Cycle lor. No ERP n no TAX. no Petrol no COE. Healthy and Green.

I Sugest people CYCLE!