Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CM 1 for motor vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Once I send my car to the workshop for servicing in the morning.. then a fren of mine send my back to office..
    After my work I took MRT to the workshop to collect my car.. First train came but couldn't managed to squeeze in.. so waited for the next train.. finally managed to squeeze it.. but was packed like sardine

peak hour. everywhere u go will be like that.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This rule does not affect the rich. In fact it becomes cheaper for the rich as the real demand will drop. Middle income get hammered again.

Why middle income get hammered? they ask for wage increase for poor right? everyone say many poor people in Singapore mah.

all this measures are meant to take demand out of the system. and I say many times price n cost will never come down. if people all want better life style, better of everything and don't want cheap labour etc.. all this will means cost increase.

So the HLP folks get what they ask for. Singapore for Singaporean. Want special? all have cost.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The measure has nothing to do with cheap COE. To reduce the COE, they just need to implement "Pay whatever price you Bid" and ban car dealers from bidding on owners' behalf rather than "Pay the price of lowest successful bid"!
    Then will that mean more people will rush in to bid? and price also anyhow go up too?

how to deem successful bid?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    COE should be base on cars classifications...

For eg: Group A: porsche, ferrari, lambo, mesarati, aston martin etc..
    Group B: audi, bmw, merc, volkswagen, lexus etc...
    Group C: toyota, nissan, honda, mazda, opel etc...
    Group D: proton, daihatsu, kia, hyundai etc....

Let each group bid the coe's among themselves so that the normal bread n butter car will not be outbid by those costly continental models...
    The super rich, middle class, ordinary class wil bid among themselves in their respective groups.. This will be a fairer system.. Just my 2cts
    also then sub rate them by how many people they can carry?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    its to take the demand out of the system. at same time less people over stretched. then COE might drop.. and the 50% when COE is say 30K is more doable than 50% at 100K...
    but its a blanket take off demand including but not limited to those first time car buyers whom might need a car for their family. All in the name that COE might drop.

If the CM is not so blunt and say families are able to get some form of additional leeway then I would say its a focused approach to also help to alleviate concerns of young families though

Then will that mean more people will rush in to bid? and price also anyhow go up too?

how to deem successful bid?
    Do you understand what is pay as you bid?

How can the price anyhow go up?...

How to deem successful bid?... the lowest strike price of the quota of course!!!

Aiyo... you are so daft

Seems like business will be brisk for Toyota, Honda and Nissan soon. Return to the good old days for Jap made?

Car COE shld also be treated the same way as HDB COV. Only cash, no loan.

next month's second COE bidding will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by danguard
    I may not understand this but its a bit of a fallacy that the people whom are affected the most should therefore be most heavily regulated by the government. Not sure whether this leads to the assumption that therefore the underlying premise being that middle income means they cannot make dire financial decisions themselves and needs a communist like touch to tell them hey you cannot afford a car unless you pay upfront 40 or 50 percent cash ... Why? A bit of a high handed paternalistic approach which brings forth the necessary question of who asks for it in the first place ?

Anyways what's done has been done and no point crying over spilled milk. Let The next GE be the litmus test
    I understand how u feel. Don't know if you were around during the 1997 crisis. Guess who suffered when prices crashed??? No price for guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    next month's second COE bidding will be interesting.
    I think may take a couple more months before things rationalise. There is still a huge backlog of cars already sold and holding out for COEs...

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Once I send my car to the workshop for servicing in the morning.. then a fren of mine send my back to office..
    After my work I took MRT to the workshop to collect my car.. First train came but couldn't managed to squeeze in.. so waited for the next train.. finally managed to squeeze it.. but was packed like sardine
    well last sat i took the MRT (which is like happen once in few months). i noticed alot of angmos even when MRT reach OCR. interesting observatoin. the other thing is, on a sat afternon, the train was packed. it was never like that in the past. heng i own a car.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    COE should be base on cars classifications...

For eg: Group A: porsche, ferrari, lambo, mesarati, aston martin etc..
    Group B: audi, bmw, merc, volkswagen, lexus etc...
    Group C: toyota, nissan, honda, mazda, opel etc...
    Group D: proton, daihatsu, kia, hyundai etc....

Let each group bid the coe's among themselves so that the normal bread n butter car will not be outbid by those costly continental models...
    The super rich, middle class, ordinary class wil bid among themselves in their respective groups.. This will be a fairer system.. Just my 2cts
    the change in ARF sort of addresses this already. those owners effectively paying 10-50k more for their cars. so all things equal, they are less likely to pay as much for a COE. don't forget that govt's aim is not to make COE affordable for the "lower income". just level the playing ground abit.

Quote Originally Posted by logic
    Do you understand what is pay as you bid?

How can the price anyhow go up?...

How to deem successful bid?... the lowest strike price of the quota of course!!!

Aiyo... you are so daft

so u go ask for free car loh and free coe? thats a better budget.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Seems like business will be brisk for Toyota, Honda and Nissan soon. Return to the good old days for Jap made?
    with the devaluation of the yen, yes, i thikn the tide is changing once again.

Quote Originally Posted by danguard
    but its a blanket take off demand including but not limited to those first time car buyers whom might need a car for their family. All in the name that COE might drop.

If the CM is not so blunt and say families are able to get some form of additional leeway then I would say its a focused approach to also help to alleviate concerns of young families though

just wait for COE to come down lor. anyway arf no change for 20K OMV cars.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    the change in ARF sort of addresses this already. those owners effectively paying 10-50k more for their cars. so all things equal, they are less likely to pay as much for a COE. don't forget that govt's aim is not to make COE affordable for the "lower income". just level the playing ground abit.

agree with the comment.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

anyway for 20k OMV, more or less is around 1.6L car level. so it's quite targeted at ensuring that normal man on the street is not taxed excessively. juz checked, camry omv already at 25k.

so u go ask for free car loh and free coe? thats a better budget.
    Free car? free COE?

What the fish are you talking about? How does that work?

OMG... Your stupidity is astounding...

传车贷顶额与偿还期将收紧

李静仪 (2013-02-22)

早报导读

有关车贷限制的传闻去年底开始传出,最近越传越盛,指政府可能限制买家最多只能贷款车价的80%,偿还期限不可超过八年。

拥车证成价高涨导致车价水涨船高,有越来越多买车者申请更高额贷款,市场盛传政府可能实施“降温”措施,再次管制汽车贷款,限制买家可享有的最高贷款顶限及车贷偿还期限。

受访车商认为,此举一旦实行,将会对新车需求造成影响,短期内对抑制拥车证成价上涨相信有一定效用,但长远还是治标不治本。

有关车贷限制的传闻自去年底开始传出,最近越传越盛,指政府可能限制买家最多只能贷款车价的80%,车贷偿还期限不可超过八年。

这意味着买车者得掏出更多现金支付首期,以一辆价格大众化的日本车为例,如果售价定在12万元(包括拥车证),买主得拿出至少2万4000元现金才能出新车,还得在更短时间内摊还车贷,每月的分期付款额也会推高。

金融管理局是在2003年放宽车贷限制,允许金融机构给予100%贷款,不再限制最多只能借贷车价的70%,同时把贷款年限调高至10年,不再限定在七年。

由于配额削减导致拥车证供不应求,近年来成价节节攀升,中小型汽车(A组)拥车证上月突破九万元,虽然该组成价日前回落到7万8300多元,但新车售价依然处于令人咋舌的历来最高价位。

车贷款额去年激增

新加坡信贷资料中心(Credit Bureau Singapore,简称CBS)提供给本报的最新数据显示,随着拥车证成价和车价飙升,去年的汽车贷款额相对提高,与2009年A组拥车证未突破两万元的时候相比,车贷款额如今激增了四成。

金融机构在2012年每月发出的平均汽车贷款额增加了7.5%,从前年的8万2371元提高至8万8517元,2010年约为7万4000元,2009年则是六万余元。

虽然贷款额增加,但拖欠分期付款30天以上的车主减少了,车贷拖欠率(delinquency rate)由前年的2.76%下降至去年的2.53%。

华侨银行零售抵押贷款部总经理潘丽华受询时透露,过去一年,该银行借贷给新车买主的平均贷款额增加了30至40%。鉴于商业理由,银行无法提供有关贷款偿还期的资料。

据代理日产汽车的陈唱父子公司总经理林建忠估计,每10名买车者中,有至少四人选择100%全额贷款,分10年摊还,其余则贷款80或90%,或完全以现金支付。

在他看来,要是当局确实有意收紧车贷,用意相信是要抑制人们过度消费,特别是考虑到近来有越来越多买车者申请100%贷款。

林建忠说:“现在买一辆日本或韩国车,若分10年摊还车贷,每月得支付约1200元至1300元,有些买主可能认为,既然每月车贷已经这么高了,不如忍痛再多付一两百元,申请较高贷款,就能买到档次较高的豪华车款,车贷限制将让这类买家三思而后行。”

业界:限制车贷降温 也可能有漏洞

他说:“若真限制买家最多只能贷款80%,对这类买家将起着抑制作用,这可能影响豪华车的需求,但大众市场品牌是否会因此受惠,还是一大问号。”

汽车贷款及保险代理M Plus顾问公司负责人罗永坚说:“就像房产市场实施额外印花税一样,要抑制人们对车辆和拥车证的需求,最直接方法是限制车贷,何况政府不可能发放更多拥车证供市场投标,因为公路上的交通已经很拥挤。”

不过业内人士认为,类似限制车贷的降温措施并非万无一失,不严格监控,还是可能出现漏洞,例如车商可在账面上“抬高”车价,实际售价较低,让顾客申请较高贷款。

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Now Toyota Altis, you pay $10K cash, can buy already even though COE high. Trade in your old car, maybe no need to pay cash.

With this CM, even if COE is at $20K, you need to pay $33K CASH upfront to buy. How many potential Altis type buyers will pay this amount?

Default Car showrooms stay open till midnight in the wake of Budget announcement

Car showrooms along the Alexandra Road stretch stayed open till midnight on Monday, after the Monetary Authority of Singapore announced tough new curbs on car loans that take effect on Tuesday.

Performance Motors, which distributes the BMW brand of cars, sent out text messages to its customers informing them that it was taking orders till midnight.

"Loans will be capped at 50 per cent, minimum five years, with effect from tomorrow," the text message said.

Besides BMW, other European marque showrooms such as Jaguar, Volkswagen and Volvo also extended their opening hours on Monday night.

Since commercial vehicles are not affected by new ruling, perhaps some drivers may switch to purchasing commercial vehicles. I have came across vans being converted into a "family car" with just an additional sofa in the cargo area. This may drive up COE for commercial vehicle category and increase business cost.

COE is too attractive for the govt to push a dagger through. Motor loan is the next thing govt can do something to control motor vehicle ownership...

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Car showrooms along the Alexandra Road stretch stayed open till midnight on Monday, after the Monetary Authority of Singapore announced tough new curbs on car loans that take effect on Tuesday.

Performance Motors, which distributes the BMW brand of cars, sent out text messages to its customers informing them that it was taking orders till midnight.

"Loans will be capped at 50 per cent, minimum five years, with effect from tomorrow," the text message said.

Besides BMW, other European marque showrooms such as Jaguar, Volkswagen and Volvo also extended their opening hours on Monday night.
    How was the crowd last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    well last sat i took the MRT (which is like happen once in few months). i noticed alot of angmos even when MRT reach OCR. interesting observatoin. the other thing is, on a sat afternon, the train was packed. it was never like that in the past. heng i own a car.
    Tell me about it.
    On a Saturday morning, at 10 am the trains are already crowded although not packed.
    Wait till the evening comes. It is really a nightmare.
    I had to wait for 3 trains to pass by before I could board the EW train home from Paya Lebar on a saturday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by property_finder
    Since commercial vehicles are not affected by new ruling, perhaps some drivers may switch to purchasing commercial vehicles. I have came across vans being converted into a "family car" with just an additional sofa in the cargo area. This may drive up COE for commercial vehicle category and increase business cost.
    It is not right for family members to travel in commercial vehicles unless they are employees of the company the vehicle belongs to and they are travelling in it for work.
    In the event of an accident, the passengers may not be covered under the insurance.

Cash rich ones are not hit by this one. They will just wait for the re-adjustment of COE and car prices. Dealers will need to use more innovative ways to lure their customers now.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax

A new car dealer called me last evening.. informed me try to beat the dateline before 12pm..
    When I asked him.. "So how much are you willing to take in my used car, as I've been waiting for your quote since 2-wks ago".. He just couldn't answer me..

We may see more developers giving away cars as 'freebies' ..... like Starville in the past and The Line?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Cash rich ones are not hit by this one. They will just wait for the re-adjustment of COE and car prices. Dealers will need to use more innovative ways to lure their customers now.
    So much at some other threads abt investment, alternatives, etc. etc.
    Now, CASH is indeed King (no cash no talk no purchase)