Thread: We can afford Obama, Donald Tsang, Hollande and Loose Change!

Default We can afford Obama, Donald Tsang, Hollande and Loose Change!

when someone is paid so high, will the person still work hard in the best interests of others .... I think in hindsight we have some answers already

Best excuse to the max...

We need to pay top dollars to attract talents to join politics..

Want to talk love and feeling for singapore.. don't talk money
    if want to talk money... put the love of nation aside....

Walau... super wayang to the max!!!!
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

No MP especially opposition MP actually reject their pay of 16K/mth to accept a 50 percentile pay of 3-4K/mth of an ordinary citizen.

Once voted in, quickly keep money in pocket.

Those who talk about love are damn hypocritical. Will you donate 90% of your salary out and work out of love?

Pay someone $300K per month & he / she made the country into crises , bankrupt , still a third world country, people use weapon freely killing....

VS

Pay a true leader few million to manage country with sincere heart & develop small island with profit of few $1000Billion yearly, take care everyone!

The choose is clear, but there more stupid people nowadays who talk bad about those willing to serve
    Just hope such negative ppl will not more then those positive

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    Pay someone $300K per month & he / she made the country into crises , bankrupt , still a third world country, people use weapon freely killing....

VS

Pay a true leader few million to manage country with sincere heart & develop small island with profit of few $1000Billion yearly, take care everyone!

The choose is clear, but there more stupid people nowadays who talk bad about those willing to serve
    are HK, USA and France 3rd world countries that are struggling with the problems you quoted?

Obama has to handle middle-east/israel peace balance, tame the growing tensions in NE asia and face nuclear threats from a korean madman. tough job for someone paid less than half of what LHL is getting and yet have to go about policing the world and bring the economy out of the doldrums.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Best excuse to the max...

We need to pay top dollars to attract talents to join politics..

Want to talk love and feeling for singapore.. don't talk money
    if want to talk money... put the love of nation aside....

Walau... super wayang to the max!!!!
    pay chen show mao $16k/mth = value for money
    pay tin pei ling $16kmth = money down the drain

there must be fair value paid, NOT top dollars. if you want CEO type of pay, then must accept CEO type of risks - e.g. getting fired for damning mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Those who talk about love are damn hypocritical. Will you donate 90% of your salary out and work out of love?
    MP is about duties while you can continue to work on your own.. period.

For minister pay... as mentioned by TS.. are we paying too much?
    In top tier.. taking more pay...
    bottom tier want more pay.. top warned you about competition with losing competitive.. and you think that is fair?

VS

Where is the 100B? Source please....

You pity obama lower pay while you think other county is better?
    If you are Singaporean , I think you are right & you should move to other country since that side are better for you.

Here poor lah, everything not good, you also the most unhappy, so why are you here? Leave is the best as you can be the most happy person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    are HK, USA and France 3rd world countries that are struggling with the problems you quoted?

Obama has to handle middle-east/israel peace balance, tame the growing tensions in NE asia and face nuclear threats from a korean madman. tough job for someone paid less than half of what LHL is getting and yet have to go about policing the world and bring the economy out of the doldrums.

Google pls.
    My pay is lower then Obama & I don't owe you any service : (

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Where is the 100B? Source please....

You pity obama lower pay while you think other county is better?
    If you are Singaporean , I think you are right & you should move to other country since that side are better for you.

Here poor lah, everything not good, you also the most unhappy, so why are you here? Leave is the best as you can be the most happy person in the world.
    whahaha, what logic is that? if i pity a country's leader, it makes the other country 'better'?? i pity a beggar, does that make me want to be more like him or her? we are not even talking about what makes a country 'better'.

we are discussing about politicians' pay and you are spewing nonsensical hate, like another guy that goes with the moniker of a certain 'm'

politicians issue ???
    Pls go to those low class anti govt forum.

Here got no place for you, also for me too.
    This is property forum, let not bring all the dirty thinking & nagative mindset over here.

We appreciate govt because they give all of us a fair chance to raise from poor to better condition now. If you want to quarrel over politicians issue , again - pls go to those lousy forum.

Respect those who want to learn property here.
    ***END***

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    whahaha, what logic is that? if i pity a country's leader, it makes the other country 'better'?? i pity a beggar, does that make me want to be more like him or her? we are not even talking about what makes a country 'better'.

we are discussing about politicians' pay and you are spewing nonsensical hate, like another guy that goes with the moniker of a certain 'm'

politicians issue ???
    Pls go to those low class anti govt forum.

Here got no place for you, also for me too.
    This is property forum, let not bring all the dirty thinking & nagative mindset over here.

We appreciate govt because they give all of us a fair chance to raise from poor to better condition now. If you want to quarrel over politicians issue , again - pls go to those lousy forum.

Respect those who want to learn property here.
    ***END***
    please clarify what is considered 'dirty and negative thinking'

there is nothing shameful or hateful about discussion of ideas. don't be the perpetuator of fights when there isn't even one in the first place